General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

245004 replies to this topic

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:43 PM

furrows his brow while MB struggles with getting more than a line or two out at a time

Usually I only think MB is distractingly bad when Sonny is required to throw a tantrum or look like a badass (so, like, 75% of the time), but in quiet scenes he was fine, but the past two days he's just been bad. Totally flat line readings.

LW I usually think is pretty solid too but whatever she was doing with her mouth yesterday was distracting.

But other than John, who I think has been decently integrated (even if it's in a go-nowhere story)

They have to do something about his wife and kid soon, because he looks like an ass for leaving them behind for months.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:45 PM

The problem I'm having with Jason saying he has a problem loving this child is that he already loved the child when he though it was his baby. Like for six months maybe? Now that he's been told it's not his baby's, but Franco's, he all of a sudden doesn't know if he can love the baby/child?

He's been acting as if he JUST.FOUND.OUT. that Sam was pregnant and that the baby she is carrying is not his.

For me, it does not compute. Forget that he had no problem loving Michael, who, also happens to be his nephew. What about Sonny's baby. Oh, wait. I forgot. Sonny is his best friend pal, while Franco was a stalker, murderer rapist. So, of course there's a chance this baby will turn out to be just like Franco.

The showrunners want me to forget or handwave away that Sonny is a murdering, usedtobedrug/pillpushing, psychotic mobster and that Jason is also, a murderer, and had Baby Lila lived, she wouldn't have turned out to be like Dear Old Papa, and if this baby were stil Jason's, it wouldn't also turn into a serial killer? But then I have to remember that according to this regime as well, Jason is everything that is good and kind.

Okay, I just gave myself a headache typing all that bullshit out.

Edited by Scorpiosrule, May 3, 2012 @ 2:39 PM.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:51 PM

I find it hard to believe that the giant bag o' money didn't spill when Carly and Connie were fighting.

As for Connie's medical records, weren't they on the computer, too? I thought that was how Spinelli found out that Kate was a patient? The form Spin read only said "Crimson Employee", so he had his friends hack GH's records.

It's funny how a character will drive across town for the most trivial things, yet Sonny can't be bothered to go and talk to Ewan in person when he can't get him on the phone.

Timewalker

Timewalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 1:58 PM

It's funny how a character will drive across town for the most trivial things, yet Sonny can't be bothered to go and talk to Ewan in person when he can't get him on the phone.

He's probably waiting for someone to set up a wormhole between his house and the hospital. I noticed the one Anthony set up between the Quartermaine mansion and Johnny's apartment. He got there before Luke and Tracy had finished the next sentences in their conversation.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:00 PM

I agree with all of that Scorpiosrule, well except for the Lidella part. ;) That baby will always be Baby Lila to me, period.

I also think that Jason is being a complete dick, because he is making it seem like Sam willingly slept with someone else at the same time and this baby turned out to be his. Instead, he's completely ignoring the fact that she was RAPED for reasons related directly to him, except when he wants to confide in other people - people that Sam doesn't exactly have the best history with. It really doesn't matter if they're being supportive or not. It's the fact that he has been unwilling and unable to see his wife's POV in this at all.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:01 PM

They have to do something about his wife and kid soon, because he looks like an ass for leaving them behind for months.

He just came back from visiting Llanview, and he was talking to Nat on the phone at the end of yesterday's ep. I think they're doing a decent job explaining why he's still in PC. I forget how long Anna gave him to get something on Sonny, but it's after that deadline that John staying in PC will make him look really assy to me.

This is probably one reason why Ron decided to kill off Hope and Cole. It's harsh, but it removes the need to justify why we don't see family and why they aren't accounted for somehow. Not that I want Ron to kill off Nat and Liam. But I also don't want another situation like Felicia endlessly being in Texas.

It's hilarious that he's so anxious to talk to Ewen but won't really do anything about it. But then I remember that this is a man who can't carry his girlfriend upstairs and doesn't know where the towels are kept in his own home.

Edited by dubbel zout, May 3, 2012 @ 2:03 PM.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:12 PM

I forget how long Anna gave him to get something on Sonny

Two months I think.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 2:41 PM

I agree with all of that Scorpiosrule, well except for the Lidella part. ;) That baby will always be Baby Lila to me, period.

All fixeded! I wasn't sure if her name was Lila or Lidella, then after reading your comment, realized I'd used the mashed up name--something I abhor, because I think it smacks of laziness--the mashing of names, that is.

Two months I think.

Yep, she gave him two months. And a month has gone by now.

Edited by Scorpiosrule, May 3, 2012 @ 2:42 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

I appreciate the fact that Luke has realized he's acted like a shitstain re: his kids, but maybe he should lament about it when his daughter isn't missing?

Why doesn't Padilla want to tell Luke she let Dante out? Does she really think he's gonna tattle on her?

Sure, Lulu is tied up, but I guess Guza left behind the memo that it ain't actually sweeps unless Sam is assaulted!

If Starr killed Sonny she would be my new hero. Alas, I know she won't actually do it.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:20 PM

Starr was actually pretty good today, especially her quiet rage at the very beginning. But this story is tiresome. She's not going to shoot Sonny because that bastard is never going to die. He's also never going to stop whining about Johnny. STFU, Sonny.

Johnny trying to explain DID to Carly today was funny. I still don't know why he cares for her, though. She's a high maintenance, hypocritical creep.

I'm also really enjoying McBain and Sam. Him taking the Cheezos (!) was hilarious. The writers better not make the two of them related in some way, cuz they need to be together.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:24 PM

it ain't actually sweeps unless Sam is assaulted!

Oh, lord, that just made Sam's story flash before my eyes: She's tied up with Lulu and Ronnie threatens her (as per the previews), and the stress gives her terrible cramps. She's rushed to GH, and the baby is in some sort of distress. Or else Sam is in distress. Or both. (Someone is near death, since that's the only reason for women on GH to get pregnant.) Then there are three scenarios: 1) Jason has to choose whether to save Sam or the baby; 2) Sam comes thisclose to losing the baby and Jason decides he can deal with it being Franco's, because he finally sees how precious life is; 3) Sam loses the baby and Jason haz a sad for Sam but is relieved he didn't have to figure out how he felt about the baby.

He's also never going to stop whining about Johnny.

I love that Johnny is a constant thorn in Sonny's side. For that reason alone, Johnny needs to stay. There's no one else who bugs Sonny quite that way, and it's made even better because Jason doesn't share Sonny's irritation with Johnny.

Edited by dubbel zout, May 3, 2012 @ 3:28 PM.

cornerpocket

cornerpocket

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

Reading above how a month has passed of Mcbain's 2-month visit, explains the OTT contrivance that was McBam today. Not only must Sam move into the same hotel as McBain, she must also room right next to him, cause there is no other rooms available in this fleabag 'joint' (shades of Connie speak). McBain must then instruct Sam on good nutrition (cause poor feeble minded pregnant women have no clue), only to follow it up with a daring rescue of Sam - all in one evening of her leaving the PH?

What the hell was up with Sam's breathy 'I left Jason because of you' greeting to McBain?

Meanwhile, we have Lulu being held hostage by stripper killer Ronnie. Lulu's hands are right at her throat level, yet she doesn't once think to use her fingers to remove the rag that's stuffed in her mouth? Even when Ronnie is off taking his shower?

Then there's Carly who's grilling Johnny as to why he had sex with Kate. Carly needs to know because she is so hurt by Johnny's deception. When Johnny finally gets Carly to understand that the only reason he had sex with an acknowledged mentally ill woman was to get back at Sonny, Carly's only response is 'You hurt ME!'. What about Johnny's rape of Kate?

Starr - less dialogue, more shooting would go a long way with my welcoming you to PC.

Luke/Anna were the only memorable part of the episode. Loved his confession to Anna about his past mistakes with both Lulu and Lucky. Also, I'm glad Delores was allowed to contribute in finding Lulu and proving her husband was set up as the stripper killer.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

Carly's only response is 'You hurt ME!'. What about Johnny's rape of Kate?

Carly couldn't care less. It's all about her. She's not going to waste tears over Kate, especially given how much she hates her.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

How long in real time has Lulu been missing? It seems she's been gone for weeks.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:56 PM

I love that Johnny is a constant thorn in Sonny's side. For that reason alone, Johnny needs to stay. There's no one else who bugs Sonny quite that way, and it's made even better because Jason doesn't share Sonny's irritation with Johnny.

Totally agree. If this show insists on having Sonny on every damn day, then Johnny must be there to drive him batshit crazy.

McBain must then instruct Sam on good nutrition (cause poor feeble minded pregnant women have no clue),

I didn't take it that way at all. He seemed to me to be teasing her about how bad they were, which she knew, but she countered that the baby wanted them. I know this show is often misogynist, but Sam's pregnancy craving didn't rise to anywhere near that level. Anyhow, I love that she's not at all broken up at being away from Jason. Go, Sam, go!

Navona

Navona

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:15 PM

I love how Starr can apparently waltz up to this king of mobster's front door, knock and have the king mobster himself open it. Sheesh. What does he need his hired goons for if anyone can materialize 3 inches on the other side of his face?

Ronnie has Lulu held hostage in this cheesy motel - that is some pathetic master criminal there. Lulu reminded me of the girl tied to the railroad tracks and I do love that her hands were right there and she couldn't snatch her gag out of her mouth?

Edited by Navona, May 3, 2012 @ 4:32 PM.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Funny, even gagged Lulu can talk. I guess Ronnie is a bit inept as a gagger.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

How long in real time has Lulu been missing? It seems she's been gone for weeks.

A day or less. They keep saying that she hasn't been seen since "last night".

spoiler for May 10:

Spoiler

Whyyyyyyyyyy
Spoiler

Edited by Ulkis, May 3, 2012 @ 6:05 PM.

Domina Nocturna

Domina Nocturna

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

I love how Starr can apparently waltz up to this king of mobster's front door, knock and have the king mobster himself open it. Sheesh. What does he need his hired goons for if anyone can materialize 3 inches on the other side of his face?

Please take a moment and recall who his two main goons are. That and bad writing should explain most of it.

annabel

annabel

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:29 PM

Please take a moment and recall who his two main goons are. That and bad writing should explain most of it.

The one that cracks me up is Johnny, who peers through the peephole, sees that it's someone he doesn't want to talk to, sighs, and opens the door anyway.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:20 PM

He just came back from visiting Llanview, and he was talking to Nat on the phone at the end of yesterday's ep. I think they're doing a decent job explaining why he's still in PC. I forget how long Anna gave him to get something on Sonny, but it's after that deadline that John staying in PC will make him look really assy to me.

This is probably one reason why Ron decided to kill off Hope and Cole. It's harsh, but it removes the need to justify why we don't see family and why they aren't accounted for somehow. Not that I want Ron to kill off Nat and Liam. But I also don't want another situation like Felicia endlessly being in Texas.

I don't think killing Hope and Cole removes the need to justify, because people still ask where her family is. No one was there for her at the trial (not even McBain, who claimed he would be). I think there were much better ways to write Hope and Cole out than a pointless death which leads to months of terrible acting and writing and a very pointless vendetta story. Cole never should have been with Starr in the first place - that story was idiotic. Hope could have stayed in Llanview while Starr got adjusted to a new city, then she could have come to live with Starr, and been one of the many offscreen kids.

John may look better to GH viewers who didn't watch OLTL, but since I have already seen John repeatedly, and happily, dump Natalie and baby, including spending OLTL's last month having no interest in them so he could be Tea's savior, he still seems like an ass to me.

Edited by steve91199, May 3, 2012 @ 6:23 PM.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:25 PM

The one that cracks me up is Johnny, who peers through the peephole, sees that it's someone he doesn't want to talk to, sighs, and opens the door anyway.

Hee! Johnny probably figures he might as well get it over with, and if he has to talk to the person, it might as well be in his apartment and not in public.

I feel stupid even asking this, but wouldn't Dante get a phone call? Just because he's a cop doesn't mean he doesn't have rights.

I know there's no love lost between Padilla and Lulu, but Dolores was awfully blasť about Lulu being missing. "Eh, IA is going to have to figure this one out."

I wish Johnny had called the cops on Carly. Her incessant punching of him was ridiculous. And all the shouting! Memo to Carly: Shut up for a minute and let Johnny talk. She was awfully slow believing that Kate was mentally ill. I'd think she'd have no trouble with that, seeing as she despises Kate with every fiber of her being.

And Lulu! Why didn't she scream when Ronnie opened the door?

Oh, Starr. You have to pull the trigger, honey.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Oh, Starr. You have to pull the trigger, honey.

GH and all these ineffective blonde women not killing Sonny - Starr hasn't pulled the trigger, Connie hasn't killed him in his sleep after he gives Kate 15 seconds of the mediocre stuff, Carly has yet to unhinge her jaw and swallow him whole...

cornerpocket

cornerpocket

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:34 PM

And Lulu! Why didn't she scream when Ronnie opened the door?

Big bad, towel clad only Ronnie told her not to.

Edited by cornerpocket, May 3, 2012 @ 6:35 PM.

zombygirl

zombygirl

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:35 PM

I see that John hasn't lost his love of living in shitty hotels. He lived in a run down hotel the entire time he was on OLTL and it was ick.

I really want Starr to shoot Sonny. A LOT

celest

celest

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Gun-wielding!Starr is one of my favorite Starrs, and I thought she was actually pretty good today. Too bad Sonny will never die.

Still falling in love with John and Sam.

I hope Padilla is the one who saves Lulu and Sam, but it will probably be Jason.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:19 PM

I feel stupid even asking this, but wouldn't Dante get a phone call? Just because he's a cop doesn't mean he doesn't have rights.

Maybe he called Olivia and she was too busy trying to sneak some pasta into the Memphis prison for Steve.

I know there's no love lost between Padilla and Lulu, but Dolores was awfully blasé about Lulu being missing. "Eh, IA is going to have to figure this one out."

Her "concerned" circuit must have not been programmed today.

I see that John hasn't lost his love of living in shitty hotels. He lived in a run down hotel the entire time he was on OLTL and it was ick.

Really? That's weird. Maybe he and Spinelli can move in together. Wackiness will ensue!

I hope Padilla is the one who saves Lulu and Sam, but it will probably be Jason.

I wonder if they'll try to pin Padilla's sister's murder on Ronnie too somehow, or if they decided to drop it (I would have said they dropped it except they brought up again when Johnny made the deal with Padilla a month or so ago.)

I like that Luke said Lucky left town because Luke pushed him away. In my head that's why Lucky's gone, not because he can't deal with Elizabeth 'seducing' him into a dysfuntional relationship again and finding himself or whatever. It still makes him a crappy dad, but I think it's more understandable if he left because Luke fucked with his head so much. Which he did, really.

I also like how Luke has in the past couple of days called Dante his son-in-law or Lulu's husband without saying it like it's a curse word.

Edited by Ulkis, May 3, 2012 @ 7:25 PM.

yuggapukka

yuggapukka

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

steve91199
I think there were much better ways to write Hope and Cole out than a pointless death which leads to months of terrible acting and writing and a very pointless vendetta story. Cole never should have been with Starr in the first place - that story was idiotic. Hope could have stayed in Llanview while Starr got adjusted to a new city, then she could have come to live with Starr, and been one of the many offscreen kids.

Absolutely.

They should have used the context of a new home in Port Charles to reboot Starr to the fun character she should have been, instead of shoving her into more of the heavy stories where she quickly turns into fingernails on glass.

I know Starr isn't going to kill Sonny, but I'd love it if she actually did shoot him, then got away with it with Daddy's help. I can fervently believe that will happen until tomorrow, when it doesn't.

celest

It might be Jawn, one of the reasons I had such a hate-on for him was he had to save everyone on OLTL even when it made absolutely no sense in the context of the story being told.

Though I loved him stealing Sam's Cheetos and I'm sure that was meant to be hilarious, something ( the writing or the pacing) was off and it seemed a bit paternalistic when it should have just been silly.

Edited by yuggapukka, May 3, 2012 @ 7:44 PM.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 8:14 PM

something ( the writing or the pacing) was off and it seemed a bit paternalistic when it should have just been silly.

I think it was a little forced. They're really pushing the Sam/John connection. And Luke keeps calling John a vampire/Nosferatu/etc. WE GET IT.

Calliope

Calliope

Fanatic

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 10:06 PM

It might be Jawn, one of the reasons I had such a hate-on for him was he had to save everyone on OLTL even when it made absolutely no sense in the context of the story being told.

But, but, but...that's what Jason does. I hope they end up endlessly shoving each other out of the way trying to save people so someone else - anyone else - can save whomever's in danger.

I thought it was cute when McBain took away Sam's fauxCheetos. I thought it was even more cute later when she was carrying three bags around. I have never been a fan of Sam, but I love the chemistry between Kelly and Michael. I hope they don't end up related. But I agree that the vampire remarks need to stop.