General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

245013 replies to this topic

yuggapukka

yuggapukka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:59 PM

What does it say about what a smug, self-righteous shrew Olivia is that I'm rooting for Heather over her, even though Olivia is on the ball about just how dangerously BSC she really is?

Edited by yuggapukka, Apr 16, 2012 @ 5:00 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

High end hotels these days, which I'm assuming the Metro Court or whatever it's called now, have the electronic key card that opens the door and they do NOT have the lock and keyhole that this show's supposedly high end hotel does. They can't get anything right or try to give any small bit of realism, can they?

Which is so weird that they can't do that, but all of a sudden everyone seems to have an e-reader even in the shower with them.

I swear, this show is really testing me. Based on the comments here, I actually deleted all of last week's episodes because I had to travel for work and came back on Friday. Then, over the weekend, I restored them. Wish I hadn't.

I barely glanced at the screen today, just saw Kate shaking, Olivia going on about Heather, and brief snatches of Lulu and Dante in this lame stripper story that should have been dropped as fast as LIW. I know they're in post wedding backburnerland, but then why not that position them in regular background crap instead of this stuff. Have Lulu be at Kelly's or Haunted Star or even Crimson. (It would be a good time her to be there now since apparently only Maxie and Kate worked there, or at least are the only two blondes working there, since Spinelli immediately figured out that if Ewen wasn't committing Maxie it must have been Kate!) Have Dante do the regular background stuff as a soap cop. Enough with the lame mystery whose victims were all off screen.

At least Anna said the words she was going to spend time with Emma and Patrick. Would have been nice to actually have seen IT, instead of the wacky hijinks with Luke.

It's awful how Patrick has had such an insanely small amount of screentime this month.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:30 PM

Sonny and Olivia were especially awful today. Sonny because he's browbeating Michael to stay away from Starr, and he's (naturally) making Kate's problems about him. Olivia is awful because she's butting way too far into Steve's business with Heather and sticking her nose into Kate's problems. I'd rather Heather direct her crazy at Olivia than Sam; I hope that happens soon. Even better? Connie joins in and starts to torture Olivia, too.

I don't know why Jason continues to work for Sonny when Sonny won't listen to anything he doesn't want to hear. And Sonny is such a petulant baby about not wanting to hear it. I'm surprised he didn't stamp his foot. Good grief.

Uh, Michael, if Starr were using you, would you really expect her to answer yes to that question?

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:32 PM.

Kaycee19

Kaycee19

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 8:02 PM

At least Anna said the words she was going to spend time with Emma and Patrick. Would have been nice to actually have seen IT, instead of the wacky hijinks with Luke.

When was the last time we saw Anna with either Emma or Patrick? It's ridiculous, especially since Anna's stated purpose for staying in Port Charles was to be with Emma and Patrick and she was lamenting how she wasn't able to be there for Robin. At the very least she should be involved in proving that Maxie did not kill Lisa.

Why does Starr think Sonny is completely guilty based only on the word of Anthony, who is a psycopath? Couldn't they have given her stronger evidence so she doesn't look like a *complete* idiot?

Uh, Michael, if Starr were using you, would you really expect her to answer yes to that question?

Both Michael and Starr are acting like morons so maybe they're perfect for each other.

lillybee

lillybee

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

As someone posted above; the baby daddy sl has no suspense not does what the verdict will be on Sonny.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:36 PM

I suppose if Heather had enough time to buy several outfits with accessories in the minutes that she's been out of Ferncliff, she has time to pay off the lab person who's doing Sam's DNA test.

I'm kind of surprised that the writers passed up the chance to do a twins/two dads storyline. Oh, the angst they're missing.

eta: Sonny seems to have forgotten bros before hos. Poor Jason must be devastated -- it looks like he's going to have a bad week. First Sonny, then Sam.

I hope JT gets screen time again, now that Kim is gone. The guy is just fading away.

Edited by ciarra, Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:40 PM.

Kaycee19

Kaycee19

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

I suppose if Heather had enough time to buy several outfits with accessories in the minutes that she's been out of Ferncliff, she has time to pay off the lab person who's doing Sam's DNA test.

Since I think there's a snowball's chance in hell of an untampered paternity test on a Ron Carlivati-written soap, Heather would be my best guess as the culprit too.

I liked Alexis and Sam sharing scenes (although I really wish Sam would confide in Alexis) and Heather's brand of cray cray. Otherwise, meh. Way too much of Sonny, Sonny's kid, and Sonny's latest bedwarmer, with a side of Jason looking constipated.

Kate/Connie's DID story has become excruciating to watch. It is so painfully OTT right now. I almost feel embarrassed for Kelly Sullivan when I'm watching Kate/Connie scenes.

I'm tired of the flashbacks to things we just saw. If we're going to get constant flashbacks, at least give me some classic GH from the 80s and 90s, not last week.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:57 AM

Kate/Connie's DID story has become excruciating to watch. It is so painfully OTT right now. I almost feel embarrassed for Kelly Sullivan when I'm watching Kate/Connie scenes.

Yeah. I actually was surprised to find myself entertained by the story because I dreaded some sort of DID thing when Carlivati was announced as headwriter, but Connie's voice today in Kate's head was pure cheese.

sunnyface

sunnyface

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:43 AM

Connie's voice today in Kate's head was pure cheese.

That voice in her head and the music/noise in the background was great. Do they do any editing for Sonny scenes? There always to appear an akward moment or two when either he or the opposite actor is waiting for the other to complete a line.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:42 AM

When was the last time we saw Anna with either Emma or Patrick?

She's giving them space!

It's really embarrassing just how telegraphed it is that Starr is on the show solely for Michael and Sonny, not because of any of her own supposed pain. There was more focus given to Michael's panda eye fear that she is just playing him than there was to any loss she has felt.

B2H

B2H

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 7:32 AM

Given that it was only announced last week that the show had been given an extension and the fact that they shoot this stuff several weeks in advance, I'm willing to give them time to re-do some of the story lines.

But they aren't going to have a permanent pass to present trash to the viewers and expect to get any kind of following.

May sweeps had better be absolutely awesome - they still have time to re-direct.

So... May Sweeps:

Sonny in a perp walk in an orange jumpsuit, bellowing about his claustrophobia
McBain spiriting Sam away from Jason
Anna and Noah, or RF!S, taking care of Patrick and Emma
Matt and Lisa riding off into the sunset (or maybe joining Sonny on the perp walk)

What else would we like to see with this rejuvenated show?

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:19 AM

What does it say about what a smug, self-righteous shrew Olivia is that I'm rooting for Heather over her, even though Olivia is on the ball about just how dangerously BSC she really is?

Seriously. Olivia is right on the money about Heather still beeing cuckoo, but I am totally Team!Heather. And Liv? A word of advice? Maybe provoking the crazy woman who's made it clear that she won't let anyone stand between her and her son is not the best strategy.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:22 AM

I don't see a difference between Jason and John. They are both emotionally vacant losers who only care about their pain, to the point of self-parody. I would rather see Sam alone, as impossible as that is.

All I want to see, that I can realistically expect, is for Anna/Luke to stop, and for Heather to demolish Olivia. And to cause an accident which means her orange son magically turns into another actor. Or an actor, period.

I also want the show to bring Hope back, and to get Bensonhurst Sybil off my screen. I can't laugh at this woman, no matter how much RC may want viewers to.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:01 AM

I don't see a difference between Jason and John. They are both emotionally vacant losers who only care about their pain, to the point of self-parody.

John's not a serial killer, and.... OK, that's all I've got.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:16 AM

I liked Alexis and Sam sharing scenes (although I really wish Sam would confide in Alexis) and Heather's brand of cray cray. Otherwise, meh.

Took the words right out of my mouth. The DNA test story is so telegraphed I actually missed a little bit of the Alexis/Sam conversation because I was flipping channels. DWTS and a classic movie caught my attention more.

I did laugh at Kate telling Jason to shut up and leave her the hell alone, but it really isn't funny. The story has become painful, I agree.

What was more painful was any scene involving Starr. Talk about a fast forward.

Hoping the show gets more interesting at the very least. Maybe I need to stop reading spoilers.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:27 AM

I hope JT gets screen time again, now that Kim is gone. The guy is just fading away.

I think it's more that Frank is very aware of people's guarantees. I can buy that Patrick is taking time off from work to grieve and be with Emma. It would be nice if someone mentioned seeing them and giving an update, though. That's one thing the show is still pretty terrible at.

Heather to demolish Olivia

PLEASE LET THIS HAPPEN. And I want Connie to help. Ugh, Olivia is so terrible right now. Just totally awful.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

Connie's voice today in Kate's head was pure cheese.

Cheese can be a glorious thing. She was like Jan at the end of the Brady Bunch movie!

Rayman

Rayman

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:30 PM

Kate needs to be institutionalized for wearing that tight light gray outfit with the shoulder pads and that odd hairstyle she was sporting yesterday.

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:43 PM

OK since the SOAP Network has gone bye bye where can I get reruns of the previous days episodes now (the ex got the DVR). Please someone help..

Colombine

Colombine

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

*delurking* Hulu has the previous 5 episodes up for streaming. New episodes go up the next day w/ the oldest taken down.

OnceSane

OnceSane

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

You can also watch on ABC's site.

As for watching the show....Go Heather! I hope she does something truly awful to Olivia, who should never say anything about another mother's closeness to her child.

I wish Sam had confided in Alexis, or will soon. I also want a pony.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

also on abc.com/daytime. And Soapnet hasn't gone off the airwaves just yet.

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:19 PM

Thank You Colombine, its just as you said...

I keep watching and hoping that somehow this crap gets better since I've been watching off and on since I was a kid but dam they make it hard. Olivia drives me nutts being so judgemental and butting her nose into other people's bizness.

Kate/Connie please!

Jason/Franco twins and Sam not telling Jason! Stupid!

I guess I'm a glutton for punishment...

Edited by corrinthos, Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:14 PM.

Navona

Navona

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:27 PM

Bad bad bad - neither of the two reveals, Sonny's verdict or the father of Sam's baby had an once of suspense (for me); not even for a second did I not know the outcome of both. That is not good writing/pacing.

Boy, Jason will look like an even bigger dick than he already is if he leaves Sam when he learns this bit of info.

All pretty dull stuff.

reneejocelyn

reneejocelyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Someone stop Michael from keeping Starr in town. Stick her on the first plane back to where she belongs. Lord, she's awful.

Poor Sam.

And where the hell is Jason Thompson?

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Bad bad bad - neither of the two reveals, Sonny's verdict or the father of Sam's baby had an once of suspense (for me); not even for a second did I not know the outcome of both. That is not good writing/pacing.

Johnny may even look like a bigger idiot than Starr for thinking the jury would definitely find him guilty. Sonny looked MUCH guiltier at Claudia's trial, and he probably would have gotten off anyway if Michael hadn't confessed.

But in this case I don't think we were supposed to think at all that Sonny would be found guilty, hence the two day trial. It was just so Starr and Johnny could get some revenge plans in motion.

Enough with the "I feel like I've known you in another life" crap with McBain/Sam. We get it, they were vampire lovers on Port Charles. I like their scenes fine and then one of them throws in that line and I get irritated.

Dolores' husband is good-looking, but I wish his head wasn't shaved.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:40 PM.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

Boy, Jason will look like an even bigger dick than he already is if he leaves Sam when he learns this bit of info.

When RC told this shitstory on OLTL, John got to sleep around and have people tell him how wonderful he was. Finally, after months of stalling, a parade of characters told him he should be with Natalie. He was too apathetic to react to any of this. Finally, he reunited with Natalie, only after he learned that Liam was his biological son. He then ignored her to spend all his time with grieving widow Tea Delgado.

brenaugirl

brenaugirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:44 PM

Enough with the "I feel like I've known you in another life" crap with McBain/Sam. We get it, they were vampire lovers on Port Charles. I like their scenes fine and then one of them throws in that line and I get irritated.

Unless they're going somewhere else with it. Once or twice, you can see as a wink to the fans. More than that, and you have to wonder if there's some other connection to be found out.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:48 PM

Sam killed his other sister.

cornerpocket

cornerpocket

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

What is it with all of the fugly flashdance fashion? First Sam and now Carly in their Jennifer Beales tops?

Is Starr poor? I am not understanding why she is living with Michael. They have a connection because of the car crash. So what? Why is she spending night after night in the home of a man she doesn't really know? Take a room at the MC or Kelly's.