General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

244727 replies to this topic

CaughtOnTape

CaughtOnTape

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:20 PM

Is it just me or is everything on this show really heavy?

Sam's bawling about lying to Jason about his twin.
Starr's bawling about her kid and boyfriend dying.
Kate's bawling about her other personality ruining her life.

Damn...can we get a couple who's not so freakin heavy? Two people who are just attracted to each other and decide to date? It's not this hard to date in real life is it? Or do I need to develop some kind of serious mental problem in order to date?

celest

celest

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:19 AM

Carly/Sonny/Tea/Todd quartet will start.

I will cry if this happens.

Seriously though, one of my favorite things about RH Todd is that he is the only long-standing male character on a soap that is only interested in one woman. In almost 20 years, he had sex with another other woman once (Tea) and then immediately realized he still loved Blair and paddled across the Pacific on a raft to get back to her. Literally. It makes no sense to me to have him on the show without her. I want both or neither.

Tea and Todd were not in a good place when we left off on OLTL and she is genuinely in love with NotDead!Victor and carrying his baby, so I really don't think they will try to put them together. I am really, really scared that they are going to go there with Todd and Carly though.

Two people who are just attracted to each other and decide to date?

I think Elizabeth and Ewen have been pretty cute. I agree with you though, there's too much sad right now. Jason and Sam especially deserve some peace for a little while.

Edited by celest, Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:21 AM.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

What makes the heaviness even worse is that most of the people pushing this are doing a poor acting job (with poor dialogue and pacing along for the ride). Starr, Maxie, Kate - the bad acting really takes you even further out of the story.

I'm not even sure whether Kate's story is supposed to be sad. Many viewers chuckle at Connie, and the show seems to do the same.

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 1:22 AM

I am LOVING Elizabeth and Ewen so MUCH and I didn't care for him at first, but these two are really sweet together.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 2:05 AM

Damn...can we get a couple who's not so freakin heavy? Two people who are just attracted to each other and decide to date? It's not this hard to date in real life is it? Or do I need to develop some kind of serious mental problem in order to date?

Well, there's Lulu/Dante, but I'm not sure if they count because they're not at the beginning of a relationship. But I think Ewen/Liz fit in that category anyway.

Jason and Sam especially deserve some peace for a little while.

Before Franco raping Sam, they had been peaceful from since early 2009. But I think this Franco stuff is pretty vile, so I'd rather the pregnancy be peaceful than accompanied by the Franco crap.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:13 AM.

sunnyface

sunnyface

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:56 AM

Yeah, right, to the plastic piece of crap on Sonny's mantle supposedly being some sort of historical artifact.

That was the highlight of yesterday's show! I can't wait to see the texture of the fake wood in the courtroom furniture, however, I am guessing that it probably will be the same furniture as was used in the church at Robin's funeral.

KGLen

KGLen

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

GHH2 is reporting that GH has been saved - the Rev*&"%tion has been cancelled!!!!!!!!!!! http://www.generalho...com/gh-news.php

Navona

Navona

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

Can't wait till Sonny finds out about Kate/Connie - what a fool; everyone around him is seeing that she's not herself, so to speak and he is so self-absorbed he can't see it and hopefully, he will also find out how she's been hitting on many of the fellas, some by actually seemingly grabbing their "goods" as she called it when feeling up Ewen.

This could be more bothersome to him than being sentenced in his upcoming trial. Being humiliated in such a way. Or, at least, I can hope.

MB obviously has a contract that dictates he is on the screen as much as he is and that this boring mob shit continues; hopefully, he has a contract up for renewal sometime soon and they chop that crap out of it. Another probably futile hope.

Mommyof2Cuties

Mommyof2Cuties

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:25 AM

Seriously though, one of my favorite things about RH Todd is that he is the only long-standing male character on a soap that is only interested in one woman. In almost 20 years, he had sex with another other woman once (Tea) and then immediately realized he still loved Blair and paddled across the Pacific on a raft to get back to her. Literally. It makes no sense to me to have him on the show without her. I want both or neither.

Popping out of lurkdom to say I see this differently. I think Todd was quite interested in Rebecca before Blair ever entered the picture. He went to great lengths to try to be with her and even wanted to marry her because he loved her and thought she could be part of his "salvation." I also think Todd was very interested in Tea during their time together. During Todd and Tea's marraige, I saw Todd treat Blair only like a co-parent, a co-conspirator, and someone to use and manipulate. I saw him choose to stick with Tea and tell Blair they couldn't go back to what they had. I saw him try more than once to sleep with Tea, who for one reason or another put a stop to it even though it was the very thing she had begged him for more than a few times. I saw him give up his opportunity to run away from 350 years in prison to try to build a life with Tea. I also saw him leave in 1998 still in love with Tea and come back in 2000 still in love with Tea begging her to leave town with him, not even bothering to see Blair even though he had the opportunity when he saw Starr.

I do agree that after the island, he seemed sure he wanted to be with Blair. However, that fits the pattern that I have always thought existed in Todd. It's my opinion that Todd is capable of loving more than one woman and that he has already shown that during his time on the show. I do believe that Todd is only capable of loving one woman at a time, though. I think that the writers could very well put him with Carly, Kate, even Tea again, or anyone else they choose to as long as they show Todd falling out of love with Blair. I think it's an easy thing to do, all they have to do is write in something about Blair betraying Todd, and I think it will fit right in with previous storylines for Todd and Blair. I know mileage varies, but I have never seen Todd as only viable with Blair. I feel that all of his pairings have been successful, whether I personally enjoyed them or not.

dianewannabe

dianewannabe

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

With GH having been given a reprieve (too soon to tell for how long), and with KS back on twitter, can we hope for her to be back before the end of the show?

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:50 AM

I don't know if it's intentional, but Sonny looks so stupid for not realizing something is fundamentally wrong with Kate. It's totally normal for someone to be on the verge of tears every minute of every day!

As long as Kate keeps telling Sonny it's because she's worried about him, he'll never give it a second thought.

The armpit shot of Kate in bed was a little too close for me. Poor KS.

Yeah, right, to the plastic piece of crap on Sonny's mantle supposedly being some sort of historical artifact.

Didn't John call that a Cerullo? As in related to Lois's family somehow? Was that a Chekov's gun moment or just a throwaway line?

But I think this Franco stuff is pretty vile, so I'd rather the pregnancy be peaceful than accompanied by the Franco crap.

I wish they'd have the standard pregnancy crises—stomach pains, "high risk," health scares—instead of this disgusting Franco stuff. Not that I have any investment whatsoever in this baby, but making it a possible product of rape and not really dealing with that aspect, is horrifically awful. Memo to show: Making it all about how Jason will feel isn't dealing with it.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:52 AM.

Neka

Neka

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 10:59 AM

You know, for a moment there yesterday I thought 'Sam and Liz could really talk and bond over this'. It could be a really supportive, positive storyline.

Oh well.

I'm glad that we'll at LEAST get 50 years.

I'd like it better if Alexis had a storyline outside of the courtroom.

And I want a pony like Son of Skittles.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:06 AM

Scott Reeves is horriblay. Unless they're telling him to chew scenery for the tiniest of scenes.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with him. It's like he's so amped up for just the littlest of lines, and it was especially noticeable yesterday.

There were complaints elsewhere a while back that Jason and Sam never have any angst. I guess they went the complete opposite route and are now throwing everything but the kitchen sink at them. GW didn't deal with the rape at all whatsoever. It still remains to be seen what RC is going to do, but whatever he does, unfortunately Sam will still be stuck.

Not much to be excited about from yesterday at all. Except maybe Sam's hair.

Get Maggie off my screen. She was supposed to have left already (in my mind).

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

Not much to be excited about from yesterday at all. Except maybe Sam's hair.

It's been pretty spectacular lately. Is Hair finally compensating us for the loss of MW's bringing-peace-to-the-Middle-East bob?

ICGS

ICGS

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

I think Todd was quite interested in Rebecca before Blair ever entered the picture. He went to great lengths to try to be with her and even wanted to marry her because he loved her and thought she could be part of his "salvation."

And that right there is the #1 reason I could never get into Todd with Blair. I ADORED Todd and Rebecca so much. So, so, sooooooo much. I was heartbroken that nothing wound up coming from that (I don't remember if that was the first time Roger Howarth left, or if Reiko Aylesworth left.) So I could never get into Blair and Todd because of that, and I just still associated her with the one who came after Rebecca. So, if they were to pair RHo with someone he really sparked with, I'd be up for seeing it play out. I just don't want that someone to be Carly, or Olivia.

Edited by ICGS, Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:30 PM.

Spazzo47

Spazzo47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

Did I imagine it, or didn't someone once list all the people who were in Kate's office between the time of the accident and the time Dante went in? Wasn't it Sonny, Kate and someone else (who wasn't Johnny or Anthony). Maxie maybe? But hte point was, the person said it couldn't be some random janitor. Why didn't the DA ask Dante that or why didn't Dante volunteer it when Alexis asked if anyone could have planted it.

tvgoddess

tvgoddess

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

It was Olivia.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

I just don't want that someone to be Carly, or Olivia.

I highly doubt there will be anything between Todd and Olivia. I'd say no chance, but never say never.

Speaking of Olivia, that was the dress she was wearing when Sonny shot Dante. If my dress got stained with my son's blood after he was shot by his father, I'd probably throw it out, but I guess I'm not as practical as Olivia. Blood's probably less hard to get out than a pasta stain!

At least this trial seems to be going quickly.

Tracy was fabulous on the stand.

ICGS

ICGS

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

I highly doubt there will be anything between Todd and Olivia. I'd say no chance, but never say never.

I just had to throw that out there because I positively LOATHE Olivia. It's not the actress, I've liked her in other stuff, but Olivia? LOATHE!

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:05 PM

If Olivia doesn't win the award for going from fairly awesome to most horrible in the shortest possible time, she's sure in the running. She's become all-around awful.

annabel

annabel

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:50 PM

Why is Olivia? I wasn't watching when she started, but whatever value she brought to the canvas is long over. I cannot stand her, and it's a combination of the character of Olivia and residual dislike of LLoC from the Summer of Santi over on OLTL.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 4:53 PM

I feel bad for Lisa when Olivia has to say stupid lines about Sonny. No mother would ever forgive the person who attempted to kill their child. Of course its Olivia and Dante who has to change, not the man who was to much of a coward to watch as he shoots an unarmed cop.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 6:21 PM

I feel bad for Lisa when Olivia has to say stupid lines about Sonny.

Me too. There's just no way to play Olivia with any sort of consistency.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

At least this trial seems to be going quickly.

Thankfully. As so many others have said, there's absolutely no drama to it because Sonny never pays. He sucks.

I'm very glad GH got a reprieve (however long it may be), but there's still far too much Sonny and the mob. I wish they'd have the courage to make some real changes.

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:48 PM

It's great how there are quite literally more people in the court room for Sonny's umpteenth trial than were at Robin's funeral.

I need Heather to forget Luke and their fake relationship. I need her to be more menacing and scary. The whole Heather/Luke/Anna thing is being played for laughs and Heather deserves so much more than that. I liked her seeming a little scarier today when running into Sam at the end of the episode.

There's no way that this baby is going to be Franco's. I'd be surprised if the writers went that way.

I can't say I felt much for Starr on the stand today.

Alexis needs to trim her bangs. Take a cue from her daughter and try out a new hairstyle. She's starting to look frumpy and I hate it. I get that she goes for the professional look, but there's got to be something they can do to freshen her up.

Kaycee19

Kaycee19

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 8:59 PM

Tracy was fabulous on the stand.

From where I'm standing, Tracy is pretty much always fabulous (as is JE). I cracked up at the shot of her looking bored as hell during opening arguments. I think she was channeling the audience as we watch the same story we've seen about 200 times before.

I am going to hate it if Franco is the father of Sam's baby. Aside from loathing all things Franco, Sam has already been violated enough. I would hate this for her, plus the fallout would still be all about Jason.

I rolled my eyes at Liz seeing Sam talking to John and then telling Jason. It was so contrived.

It's a shame it was in defense of Sonny, but Alexis was pretty impressive in lawyer mode today.

Olivia is both pointless and annoying. I wouldn't mind if Crazy Connie or Heather takes her out for good.

I am not a fan of grown women acting like teenage girls with silly schoolgirl crushes around Luke.

Johnny looked so good his suit today that I forced myself to not FF his scenes with Carly.

Edited by Kaycee19, Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:05 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:07 PM

Johnny looked so good his suit today that I forced myself to not FF his scenes with Carly.

I missed his scruff, but I thought he was pretty funny on the stand too. On paper he's as pathetic about Sonny as Sonny is about him, but he comes off as casual and cool in his contempt. Sonny comes across as a sad, whiny, baby.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

I need Heather to forget Luke and their fake relationship. I need her to be more menacing and scary. The whole Heather/Luke/Anna thing is being played for laughs and Heather deserves so much more than that. I liked her seeming a little scarier today when running into Sam at the end of the episode.

RC always writes villainous characters as comic relief. We're supposed to laugh at Connie even after she likely killed a toddler. I think he assumes that viewers need easy chuckles and don't want to see anything with more layers.

TDWT Kristen

TDWT Kristen

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:47 PM

The Revolution got canceled, huh? Good.

One ill-conceived show down, one to go.

tam1MI

tam1MI

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 11:03 PM

What makes the heaviness even worse is that most of the people pushing this are doing a poor acting job (with poor dialogue and pacing along for the ride). Starr, Maxie, Kate - the bad acting really takes you even further out of the story.

I agree 100%, and I would elaborate that they are sabotaging these actresses by forcing them out of their wheelhouse into areas where their worst aspects are showcased, not their best. Starr/KA really pops as a feisty schemer, as a put-upon ingenue she's just lame. It is certainly not JL's fault that she had to take over the role of Maxie "midstream", so to speak, but throwing her headfirst into a heavy, depressing story before she has barely had a chance to find her feet is doing her no favors. (Shades of the ill treatment accorded to Jennifer Bransford in her short stint on GH). And Kate/Connie is such a mess I doubt that any actress, no matter how experienced or talented, could pull her off successfully.

MB obviously has a contract that dictates he is on the screen as much as he is and that this boring mob shit continues; hopefully, he has a contract up for renewal sometime soon and they chop that crap out of it. Another probably futile hope.

Here's an even more futile hope: that now that GH has been reprieved FV/RC will see their way clear to getting rid of the Trinity of Suck* that's been killing this show for the past decade or show, and use the money saved to lure back lapsed viewers by bringing back faves such as Ingo Rademacher and Tristan Roberts. They now have the time to ride out whatever miniscule drop in ratings would occur from getting rid of the deadweight before the fans start coming back.

* - That would be Sonny, Jason, and Carly, in case you hadn't figured that out.