General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

244956 replies to this topic

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

Thanks, Ulkis. Figures they'd go there, but zzzzzzzzzz nonetheless to me.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:22 AM.

sunnyface

sunnyface

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:39 AM

She would chew Sonny up and spit him out

Hopefully, she would do it quickly. The thought of one more plotline centered on having to watch this guy try to act is distressing. Although, sicking Heather on him might lift my spirits a little bit. Can't *wait *for the trial. sigh. At least Kate's make-up should provide a modicum of entertainment for a nano second. Hopefully, there will be some good props to focus on.

bpeck

bpeck

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

I really hate that she's pining for Luke and he's being a complete asshole,

I guess I don't see how he's being an asshole towards Tracy. He's not following her around, Tracy's doing that. He's pretty much left her alone she's the one that has been seeking him out for no actual reason. I thought the birthday pony was kind of cute myself.

I still don't see Luke & Anna as being more than say Luke & Tiffany were, grand friends, no romantic leanings at all.

I'm loving Heather (although this romance with Luke re-write kind of makes me throw up in my mouth a little). Robin Mattson does bat crap crazy so well. Loved the Scott Baldwin mentions.

I'm starting to want this Kate/Connie thing to wrap up. Mostly because I'm tired of Skate on a daily basis.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

I have to say that the scene yesterday between Heather and Olivia was pure comic gold. My favorite part was Heather telling Olivia her insane story about drinking spiked LSD tea and then going nuts for several decades, and Olivia replying, "That LSD's no joke," as though it all made perfect sense. I laughed for several minutes.

And in the same episode (I think) when Heather meets Anna, when they finally take their leave, she says it was interesting to meet her, and Anna responds in kind, Heather with the subcontext of “you bitch” and Anna with the subcontext of “you crazy bitch.”

Geary can really turn it on when he wants to – his acting in the Heather scenes is beyond anything he’s bothered with in years. He seemed seriously disturbed by her arrival, in a perfectly natural, human way, not World Class Man of Intrigue Luke 2.0 way. He’s extremely wary and just trying to get away from her. I think all the GH actors interacting with new and returning actors (who can actually act) are rising to the occasion.

The tackling Anna thing was stupid direction – what does that accomplish? Now the gunman is standing over you and can shoot you both without interference? You take somebody down in a crowd where random gunshots might fly over your heads – in close quarters you charge the person with the gun. And a federal (or international) agent can probably fend for herself. But I guess we’re supposed to flutter our eyelashes that Luke acted heroically to save her.

And I vote for Tracy to embrace her evil side and her marriage with Anthony. She scared me when I watched the show as a kid in the late 70s and I've never bought into the "poor nice Tracy deserves better" mindset of recent years. Let her be an unapologetic corporate titan villain, the way Edward used to be, before he was consigned to weeping over all the dead young girls on the show. I'd love Jax to come back and be Mr. Corporate Nice Guy, and Tracy Ms. Corporate Evil Lady, and both on the hospital board, disagreeing on everything.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

She scared me when I watched the show as a kid in the late 70s and I've never bought into the "poor nice Tracy deserves better" mindset of recent years.

I don't think Tracy deserves better than Luke because she's a saint and he's evil, I think she deserves better because she should be kickass, whether that kickass is veering towards evil or not, and taking Luke back over and over makes her pathetic. But if she's gonna embrace her evil side, I don't want it to be with Anthony. He's too evil for anyone. He should be in prison or dead.

ETA: also from SZ - Lexi Ainsworth tweeted this to Sarah Brown (because she misunderstood a tweet of Sarah Brown's and thought it meant she found out about her firing via twitter)

Lexi Ainsworth ‏ @_lexiainsworth Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
@sarahjoybrown That's how I found out too...they weren't going to tell me until I shot my last episode because they were afraid
Retweeted by NaVell J. Lee

@sarahjoybrown it would affect my work...I was offended that my professionalism during the 2 1/2 yr.'s prior wasn't enough proof of

@sarahjoybrown how I'd respond.

And they also didn't tell the Abby actress until she shot her last scenes. What the heck was wrong with JFP and Frons? As for LA, what the heck were they thinking wanting to wait until LA's last day? Did they think that she'd read the scrip where Kristina had a big goodbye party and she wouldn't come to them asking questions?

As usual, backstage soaps are so much more interesting.

Today's show: the Sonny/McBain scene could not have been less devoid of high stakes if it tried. The animosity between them is so contrived. It would be so much more interesting to see Dante or Mac or Lucky or Scotty or Ric or even Taggert to take down Sonny. If that's what were going to happen. Probably Sonny seduced and dumped McBain's sister just for the extra contrivance cherry to top it all off.

Starr is the worst.

Kate is too stupid to live.

I liked Liz and Ewen snarking on Matt and Spinelli.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:09 PM.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:09 PM

Let me get this straight. Kate thinks that being in a mental institution would hurt her reputation, but dating a murdering mobster doesn't? This upside down world of GH is so stupid.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:42 PM

Kate thinks that being in a mental institution would hurt her reputation

She flew to Chicago to see a shrink because apparently no one else in the fashion biz has a therapist, and she was totes embarrassed. At least her thinking is consistently stupid.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:43 PM.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

I don't want a Luke/Anna pairing. LuAnna?

I'd rather see Anna with McBain, if only for the reason that I'd hope they'd marry and she'd call herself Anna Devane-McBain.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:03 PM

Anna Devane-McBain.

GH needs its own Nora Hannon Gannon Buchanan.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:08 PM

I forgot about this part of the show:

Sonny: do you know how many cops have tried to take them down? where are they now? (said in menacing tone of voice).

So glad he's learned his lesson!

megsara

megsara

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

Sonny: do you know how many cops have tried to take them down? where are they now?

Aren't they mostly.....alive and well? Unless I am misremembering, Taggart left town alive, Dante and Ronnie are still fine.... Who am I missing? What happened with Garcia?

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

GH stays at ABC, 'Revolution' Cancelled

Good news! At the very least, at least the soap gets to see its 50th anniversary! I'm thrilled, even if the writing hasn't always been fantastic.

Edited by Stinger97, Apr 11, 2012 @ 4:37 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:19 PM

So how long are they renewed for? A year?

oreo8704

oreo8704

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

I don't think ABC renews its shows in the same way NBC does. But I think it probably will get another year, maybe two. At least until ABC finds a cheap show to replace it.

Edited by oreo8704, Apr 11, 2012 @ 5:59 PM.

Rowaenthe

Rowaenthe

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:09 PM

Hallelujah, GH likely has at least another eighteen months, and gets to stick around for the 50th Anniversary.. Now let's hope Valentini and Carlivati can spin this thing around. Story, story, story...

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:24 PM

Sonny: do you know how many cops have tried to take me down? where are they now?

Aren't they mostly.....alive and well? Unless I am misremembering, Taggart left town alive, Dante and Ronnie are still fine.... Who am I missing? What happened with Garcia?

Pretty much. Sonny's threats are usually pretty empty.

Crap, I was hoping Maggie had been unceremoniously dropped from the show; no such luck. She's still around and as useless as ever.

The Michael/Starr relationship isn't working for me atall. Starr is upset about Cole and Hope and thinks Sonny is guilty; Michael is sad about Cole and Hope and thinks Sonny is innocent. The Sonny aspect should be causing all sorts conflict, but instead the two of them are tap-dancing around it and apologizing. There's no drama whatsoever. It doesn't help that I don't find Michael or Starr dynamic.

I loved that Ewen and John told Sam and Kate, respectively, to say something if they're so upset with keeping their lies. Good grief. One thing I did like was that as crazy as not wanting to ruin her reputation was, at least Kate's concern was mostly about herself, not how Sonny would react to the news. Not that Sonny has any leg to stand on when it comes to emotional issues.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:26 PM.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Today's show: the Sonny/McBain scene could not have been less devoid of high stakes if it tried. The animosity between them is so contrived.

Easton and Benard are both huge energy drains, which is one of the reasons the conflict made no sense to me. I just don't think Benard suits this type of scene anymore, if he ever did. He was equally asleep in the much-hyped confrontation scene with Todd.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:52 PM

delurking.....

Today's show: the Sonny/McBain scene could not have been less devoid of high stakes if it tried. The animosity between them is so contrived.

Easton and Benard are both huge energy drains, which is one of the reasons the conflict made no sense to me. I just don't think Benard suits this type of scene anymore, if he ever did. He was equally asleep in the much-hyped confrontation scene with Todd.

Has MB acted well/appropriately in any scene over the past several years? IMHO, HELL no!!!! He and VMG were a bust the last time. Even the KMc scenes fell flat. He & others were all over the place talking about the Todd/Sonny scenes but all I saw was MB tanking them.

Still waiting to read or hear something that will make me watch because right now it doesn't seem as if anything has changed.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:27 PM

My problem with the Starr/Michael relationship is that this show should stop being so damn afraid to put a genuine conflict in the Sonny/Michael relationship. Instead of having it turn into Michael having a sad because he likes this girl, but she doesn't like his father, why not have him finally hit his limit with how much crap Sonny's "business" has inflicted on him and the people he cares about? Even if Sonny didn't shoot out Anthony's tires, you know Sonny is still tied to the whole thing. Anthony was trying to get the hell out of town to get away from Sonny (who made it clear he was going to kill him or have him killed). And if it does turn out to be Kate/Connie, that was Sonny-centered as well (and Connie trying to end SKate is because of the constant danger Sonny's business poses to Kate). How much is Michael going to tolerate from Sonny and his "business" before he finally hits his Sonny apologist limit? This would be an excellent opportunity for that. For one, he shouldn't be able to just blindly buy Sonny's "I didn't do it." He should know that there's a huge possibility that, while Sonny didn't shoot out the tires himself, someone could very well have done it on his orders. He was out for Anthony's blood that night, it's not a leap to think he was responsible. Hell, it's a leap to think it didn't have a damn thing to do with Sonny. And Hope and Cole dying should be a prime example he can throw in Sonny's face of how his "business" and grudges always end up having unforeseen consequences that can hurt innocent people. Sonny didn't pull the trigger when Michael ended up in a coma, but it wouldn't have happened to Michael at all if Sonny wasn't who he is. Sonny didn't foresee Michael ending up in prison (and being raped) when he decided to publicly tear down his mentally unstable wife, but Michael wouldn't have ended up feeling he had to protect his mother and sister if Sonny hadn't pushed Claudia over the edge that night. Kate wouldn't have been shot on her wedding day if Sonny wasn't who he is. And Anthony wouldn't have been racing to get out of town that night and gotten his tires shot out, leading to the crash that killed Hope and Cole if Sonny hadn't been running around town waving a gun around threatening to kill him.

The best thing that could happen to the character of Michael is for him to finally be sick of all this. And this story would seem like a good time for that to happen. Instead of this leading to him finally realizing what the cost of his father's lifestyle is and that it's too high of a price for his loved ones to pay, I'm sure it's going to be that Starr is the one who comes to understand what a heart of gold the Moobster has, and she'll feel bad for ever believing he could kill an innocent child, even unintentionally.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:48 PM

For Michael to be sick of all of Sonny's ish would mean Sonny is—gasp!—a bad guy! And possibly even—gasp again!—a bad father. The show would never allow anyone close to Sonny feel that way.

It would make the show so much better if Michael had some real conflict with Sonny, but no one is interested in making GH better. This show is so gutless.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 11, 2012 @ 7:51 PM.

Spazzo47

Spazzo47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:47 PM

Can someone explain to me like I'm Sonny Kate's rationale for going to the trial? If I'm hearing her right, she loves him too much to let him go through this alone since he's apparently helped her through... I have no idea what. Ewen gives the warning that they don't know when Connie is going to make an appearance and that can devastate, among other things, Sonny's case. But Kate is bound and determined to go because she thinks she can control Connie and remembers having a headache last night. And even if that isn't a symptom of the appearance of Connie, she's willing to risk it because being by Sonny is worth the risk of ultimately hurting him? What?

Timewalker

Timewalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:00 PM

Kate is a control freak who won't let anybody else tell her what to do, once she's made up her mind. Even if what she's made up her mind to do is monumentally stupid. In that, she and Sonny are admirably suited to one another.

phoenixashes

phoenixashes

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

They also want to know if I find "The mystery of who shot out Anthony Zacchara’s tires, causing the death of Cole and Hope." inspiring, which is vaguely distressing.

Oh, really . . . it's a mystery? How did I miss that? I didn't know I was supposed to care who shot out Anthony's tires. Since this is all Sonny's fault in so many ways, does it even matter who actually shot out Papa Z's tires? Must go watch the show again and remember to be mystified . . .

And Karra, the concept of that story being inspiring is definitely distressing.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

It would make the show so much better if Michael had some real conflict with Sonny, but no one is interested in making GH better. This show is so gutless.

I've accepted that this show is stuck with Sonny for however long it lasts, but I don't understand why they're so afraid really. When he left in 1997 the show was fine! I don't recall any plummeting ratings for 1998. And he was way more popular then. At the very least, I don't understand why they don't have him get out of the mob. It's not like his hard core fans that they're so afraid will leave won't like him no matter what.

Scott Reeves is horriblay. Unless they're telling him to chew scenery for the tiniest of scenes.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

Do we have proof that Lisa is really dead? Other than Carly and Sean seeing a body of a woman floating in the harbor?
Lisa's alive, she's holding Robin captive and being bankrolled by A.Z. A.Z, while angry about being hit and nearly drowned by Lisa, holds a bigger grudge against Patrick, who protected the Holy Hitman from being killed by A.Z. at the hospital.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:34 PM

I just can't believe how old in the face Scott Reeves looks. Does that make sense? I don't know if it's because he is too tan or his right side of his face is older than the left. He is two years younger than me but I think he looks 10 years older than me. Granted, he is in better shape than I am. That dude is ripped. Anyway, he's not really that bad of an actor but I don't really care for the character which I think he should because I remember when Steve (um, Steven Lars) was born with the second Heather (Mary O'Brien). That's how far I go back. I wish he would leave with that blonde who's name I don't even know nor care about. Am I too harsh?

celest

celest

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:52 PM

Scott Reeves was terrible today.

I don't know if it's intentional, but Sonny looks so stupid for not realizing something is fundamentally wrong with Kate. It's totally normal for someone to be on the verge of tears every minute of every day!

Still loving Ewen. Seriously, I really like him.

Still loving Johnny Mac on this show. I was all upset on his behalf when Milo was manhandling him. That scene was so typical of Sonny, he can't be intimidating without his hired muscle around.

I am on record as a lover of all things Manning (bring back Blair!), but yeah, I'm not feeling Michael and Starr. And it's the story, not the actors. I might have liked this had they come together in a fun way, but everything is so wrought with tragedy and melodrama that I just don't even want to deal with it.

tam1MI

tam1MI

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I wonder how Anna will feel the first time he tells her he's going to whore around the globe for 4-5 months and he'll call her when he calls her. This Anna may just say OK, fine with me.

I wouldn't mind that if she followed it up with, "...but don't expect me to sit here and pine away for you while you're gone. Sauce for the gander, sauce for the goose."

Instead of having it turn into Michael having a sad because he likes this girl, but she doesn't like his father, why not have him finally hit his limit with how much crap Sonny's "business" has inflicted on him and the people he cares about?

... which causes him to re-align with his true family, the Quartermaines, and ignites a renaissance of that neglected part of the canvas. I like it!

And I must add that I am happy to hear that GH is going to stay on the air at least a while longer. For all the problems it has now, this reprieve at least gives it a fighting chance to improve, and that's a good thing!

Edited by tam1MI, Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:58 PM.

katesus7

katesus7

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:55 PM

I'm sorry, I really had high hopes for this soap when RC took over (although I never watched OLTL), but right now it's dreadful to me. Horrible. I can find about 1 thing to enjoy each episode, which takes 10 minutes to watch, but the rest is crap.

This is what I'm seeing:

Sonny at his absolute worst. I'm so freaking tired of him blaming everything but global warming on Johnny, when the only thing Johnny ever did was possibly blow up some warehouses? Seriously? Sonny is ALWAYS wrong about him. Always. It's just stupid at this point, and I find myself wanting to kick Sonny in the balls every time he's on screen. While I don't think we're supposed to think he's the "good" guy, I'm pretty sure that's not the reaction they're going for.

Carly. Carly. Carly. Carly is awesome, Carly is wonderful, Carly can get away with saying and doing anything to any woman she deems beneath her (i.e. all of them), but when Kate awesomely calls her out (I assume as Connie, boo), we're supposed to feel bad for her? And she's still supposed to be rootable in her partnership with Johnny, after gleefully trying to wreck Jason's marriage, and being pissed when it didn't work? She's pretty much the female equivalent of Sonny for me.

And don't get me started on the beyond tired Soap stable of A) woman lying to man, B) man telling her never to do it again, C) woman doing it like two days later. Sam just isn't that stupid. And it would be a much better story of them facing this together, and him actually trying to show emotions. I can't even with that nonsense.

So yeah, apart from Sonny! Carly! Jason! What do we have? Not a lot. Alexis working on Sonny's case. And Stupid Maxie's. Kate being an apparently really popular plot device from OLTL. That weird guy from OLTL monotoning all over the place to Sam and Anna. Mostly about Sonny, or how to help Sam be a beyond tired Soap staple. That other OLTL chick living with Michael, even though she thinks his dad is a killer, and he clearly believes otherwise. I'd be out of there like a shot. I guess they're trying to give me variety by showing Spinelli and Matt team up to help Maxie, but after even poor Patrick told her to get the hell over herself, and she still felt the need to play the martyr and be selfish, I kind of hope she rots in jail, so I don't care about that.

I had read that RC likes to do story arcs, and focus on a few stories at a time, and if the current show is an example? Yeah, I'm out. I've absolutely hated the last week. Oh, wait, Heather is back. Except that I don't care about her, and she adds nothing to the show for me, and I see it as another excuse to trot out a fan favorite, with no actual impact to the show.

I guess I liked the part where Tracy got a pony. Yeah.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:06 PM

word to your entire post katesus7.

That's how far I go back. I wish he would leave with that blonde who's name I don't even know nor care about. Am I too harsh?

Nope.

There are a lot of parallel scenes with Kate/Sonny and Carly/Johnny. I just have a feeling Kate and Johnny will be gone soon and Sonny/Carly will take place. There's a spoiler from Vaida (don't know who they are, but they're some sort of source Soapzone gets spoilers from and they're always accurate) that
Spoiler
and I presume a Carly/Sonny/Tea/Todd quartet will start.

Yeah, right, to the plastic piece of crap on Sonny's mantle supposedly being some sort of historical artifact.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 11, 2012 @ 11:15 PM.