General Hospital

• Please log in to reply

245163 replies to this topic

PippinsApple

PippinsApple

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:53 PM

No, the DNA test proved that Jason was a match with enough certainty. It did not prove that Franco was not a match, because they didn't have any of Franco's hair or anything else to test. They never ruled Franco out. TPTB were very careful to word Kelly Lee's dialogue that way. As soon as I heard those words come out of her mouth, I knew Franco was going to end up being Jason's twin. That's the only way the baby's DNA could be that close of a match with Jason and still possibly be Franco's child. On a soap, anyway.

BuggieGirl

BuggieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:57 PM

I'm confused about DNA tests I think. If Jason is the father, wouldn't the test come back 99% sure? If it comes back 50% sure (like a sibling of the father would?), wouldn't that mean that he was NOT the father? If they were going to monkey with DNA tests and paternity they should have just made them identical twins and said Franco had been like burned in an accident and had to have plastic surgery or something. But I guess that is equally as stupid.

My god, stupid ass Franco is like the "gift" that keeps on giving.

As soon as I heard those words come out of her mouth, I knew Franco was going to end up being Jason's twin. That's the only way the baby's DNA could be that close of a match with Jason and still possibly be Franco's child.

They could just be regular siblings too since fraternal twins share no more DNA than any two full siblings do. But a soap would probably not know or care about that!

Edited by BuggieGirl, Apr 5, 2012 @ 12:59 PM.

cornerpocket

cornerpocket

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Don't give a damm about any DNA. Why bother? Until the writers actually confirm that Franco raped Sam, I don't give a damm about any of Jasam's lame angst. Besides, this is a pairing that never loses at anything. Not wasting my time.

Loving Heather. I truly hope her story is about her family and not the suckage that is Jasam or Jason.

Connie cracks me up however, she is on way too much as is Sonny. Balance writers. No character on the show should be on every damm day.

I was okay when Lulu first got her job as the file clerk for the PCPD. Since when can a file clerk decide it's okay for them to 'go undercover' on an official police investigation? She's not a cop. If she wants to become one, she should apply.

McBain has chem with Carly and Anna. I hope he's working Sam for info especially if she's dumb enough to confide in a cop about her family life with Jason.

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Since when can a file clerk decide it's okay for them to 'go undercover' on an official police investigation?

Evidently the very same day she hands an original case file over to a friend (to copy? make off with permanently? We don't know.)

Ah well, it's not like it's an active, ongoing case and somebody might notice it's gone or expect the file clerk to be able to produce it. Or like police departments have surveillance cameras.

Anacharsis

Anacharsis

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

Connie's revulsion for Sonny is both hilarious and completely understandable. If she doesn't know anything about the gun, and neither does Kate, that probably means a third personality since there's no way they'll make Sonny responsible.

Ewen is adorable. I love him and Liz together and am excited that he has a connection to Jax. Jerry's son, maybe? And an opening for Jax to return?

I also really like Lulu's red sweater.

Sam and John should be together. I always thought OLTL Natalie was better without him, anyway, so I wouldn't be upset abou their happily ever after ending getting screwed up.

Edited by Anacharsis, Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:09 PM.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

ETA: It's pretty obvious to me that Kate/Connie shot out Anthony's tires. I can't wait for this show's explanation of how this fashion maven is suddenly a better shot than St. Jasus.

Maybe after it's all said and done, and Kate's been integrated, Sonny will be happy to keep her around because she'd be a better bodyguard than his current bumbling cast of security. (Although, would she have to carry him up the stairs then?)

Absolutely, but the DNA test Kelly did said Jason was the father. It was Jason's DNA that was compared, not Franco's. Franco is a fraternal twin, so there shouldn't be any way he can be the father.

As PippinsApple pointed out, I think they intentionally left themselves some wiggle room by having Kelly do a preliminary DNA report, that said Jason was a possible match. I guess, since there was not even an inkling in Sam and Jason's imaginations at that point in time, they just accepted that as "OK, Jason's the father, we're good here." I'm sure that the results Kelly delivered are stuck in her head right now, with her thinking that since Franco and Jason would share some genetic markers as brothers, that it may be possible that Jason could have come out as a possible match in that preliminary report even if he is just the baby's uncle.

She's not a cop. If she wants to become one, she should apply.

I wonder if this is the direction they're going to go in with her, since she's been at a loss to decide on what she wants to do with her life. Since Anna is in town and staying with Luke, it would be an opportunity for Lulu to have someone to talk to about it (outside of Dante) if she is thinking of going in that direction.

cornerpocket

cornerpocket

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:22 PM

Lulu could talk to her brother or hubby about life as a cop. She could also talk to Delores. Having worked as an assistant for Kate, Lulu had some idea about what a file clerk's position would entail. She's now bored with filing. She wants to work on cases. Time to fill out an application for a police position. I can imagine Luke's reaction.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

(Although, would she have to carry him up the stairs then?)

You know she could.

As PippinsApple pointed out, I think they intentionally left themselves some wiggle room by having Kelly do a preliminary DNA report, that said Jason was a possible match.

Which made the report useless, really. WHO CARES WHO THE FATHER IS? It's not as if Sam cheated. (I'd love Jax to come back and give Jason an earful about this now that Sam is possibly carrying a rape baby.) If Jason is really that shallow that he can't love Sam's baby no matter what, she needs to dropkick him into the next millennium.

Sorry to get all shouty. This is one of those stories that makes me insane with all its stupidity.

Edited by dubbel zout, Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:39 PM.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

I don't really buy Lulu as a cop. Ha, this is karma for all the times I said that I totally bought Lucky as a cop. Although I still think that Lucky is more suited to be a cop than Lulu.

Ewen is adorable. I love him and Liz together and am excited that he has a connection to Jax. Jerry's son, maybe? And an opening for Jax to return?

I hope so, because now I'm imagining Ingo getting wind of this, and smashing his keyboard in frustration that they fired him, hired another Australian, and now his character is mentioning Jax. The hazards of reading actors' twitters . . . .

McBain has chem with Carly and Anna. I hope he's working Sam for info especially if she's dumb enough to confide in a cop about her family life with Jason.

I don't really care either way if they do McBain/Sam but I liked his scenes with Anna. Not in a romantic way, but in a police colleague kind of way. It could just be the magic of Anna, though. I think it's because McBain is kind of condescending towards everyone else but he treated Anna like a kid with a crush.

I really really hope that Anna and Felicia have scenes together.

Kelly Sullivan/Kate sounds ridiculously young. She looks older than she is (or actually projects older than she is, if that makes sense) but if I wasn't looking at her I would think a teenager was talking.

Which made the report useless, really. WHO CARES WHO THE FATHER IS? It's not as if Sam cheated. (I'd love Jax to come back and give Jason an earful about this now that Sam is possibly carrying a rape baby.) If Jason is really that shallow that he can't love Sam's baby no matter what, she needs to dropkick him into the next millennium.

Sorry to get all shouty. This is one of those stories that makes me insane with all its stupidity.

I hated Sam's line today about Jason waiting forever to be a father and now it was ruined. No, Jason did not care about being a father, or about getting married. I'm not saying he doesn't want it necessarily, but Jason is pretty much passionate over nothing, except maybe Michael. Otherwise, Sam could ask him if she could redecorate the penthouse into a hobbit house and he'd just say, "whatever you want dear." Which is why he is the worst partner ever.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:30 PM.

reneejocelyn

reneejocelyn

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:26 PM

I apologize in advance if I have a slight melt down, but my Port Charles Livvie/Caleb loving heart may have exploded with SQUEE. I can't help it. I can't explain it. But when McCaleb hauled Savvie off that couch into a bear hug? Holy hell I wish they'd just done it. I was really hoping for fangs to come out.

Shut up, Ewan and Liz. I don't know or care about either of you. The two of you can drop dead. You are taking time away from McBam.

Jason Thompson is hot. That is all.

muffilator

muffilator

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 3:36 PM

At the very least, I'm hoping that Sam will be able to deal with her rape since it was completely dismissed by GW, that hack.

I think we finally got some progress on this front today. The scenes with McBain actually acknowledged Sam's feelings about the rape. I didn't know she was allowed to have any feelings that weren't Jason-centric.

Navona

Navona

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

I like how Sonny is so self-centered that he can't see that the woman in front of him is not the woman he believes she is. It's perfect Kate is in his life because of all of them, he's the one that will probably never notice unless someone tapes her talking to her alternate personality in her mirror. Even then, who knows?

What the hell was the point of Jason's last brain surgery? I really thought that something was going to change; was it really just the catalyst for killing off Robin?

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:49 PM

There were rumors GW was going to like, send Jason on a murder spree and his brain condition would be his excuse. Thus all the anger close ups we had of his eye.

I wish it had been Alexis instead of McBain in that last scene with Sam.

I read over on SZ that back in 97 Brenda and Sonny were gonna get married and leave the show together but VM changed her mind at the last minute and wanted to stay. I never knew. Wow, if I were watching I would have been pissed, especially since Brenda/VM left about a year later anyway.

Edited by Ulkis, Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:02 PM.

luthiendasani

luthiendasani

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:24 PM

I really can careless about Sam and McBain. I don't mind the actors playing the characters--they are wonderful--but the actors were both on Port Charles and they ate that show almost as bad as Michael ate this show ever since they aged his character to the abomination we have today.

With that said, I wonder if there is more than a simple "I am Aussie, so I also know Jerry and Jasper" and its more like they have history. That would be great. Maybe Jax can come back and he will have a story that doesn't involve Carly and the mob and maybe they will mention, which they never have, the surrogate baby Jax and Elizabeth had. They had such a nice scene planting a tree in honor of that baby.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:27 PM

All joking about both daddy candidates being serial killers aside, if I was Sam I'd certainly care. There's a HUGE difference between carrying a baby you conceived out of love with your husband or one that is the result of a rape. Jason rejecting the baby would be douchetastic, but Sam having moments of grief over the fact that the baby she's been longing for and thought was the product of her and her husband's love might be the product of her rape is understandable. It's not about cheating, it's about her feeling violated all over again.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 5:47 PM

Definitely, but either way now the baby has been 'tainted' (I put in quotations marks because it's not the baby's fault) by Franco. It could come out looking exactly like Franco and still be Jason's.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:34 PM

There were rumors GW was going to like, send Jason on a murder spree and his brain condition would be his excuse. Thus all the anger close ups we had of his eye.

As has been asked before, how is that different from Jason's pre-op life? I'm not sad Ron got rid of that, but it's too bad he couldn't have written some noticeable change for Jason.

All joking about both daddy candidates being serial killers aside, if I was Sam I'd certainly care. There's a HUGE difference between carrying a baby you conceived out of love with your husband or one that is the result of a rape.

Too bad it's all about Jason—how he would feel, how finding out would affect him. Jason, Jason, Jason. We haven't gotten to see her deal with it except how it relates to Jason. That's what's so exasperating for me. (The cheating comment was a reference to Carly and Jason snickering over Jax's rape being "cheating." Jason would never think Sam cheated instead of being raped.)

I like how Sonny is so self-centered that he can't see that the woman in front of him is not the woman he believes she is.

Yet of course the all-knowing Jason can tell something is a bit off. But I am enjoying Connie being able to completely snow Sonny and convince him it's all Jason's fault.

When Sam was talking about seeing Betsy Frank, was that recently? I was unsure of the timetable there.

gwen615

gwen615

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

Why is Sam telling all her and Jason's business to a cop who is trying to take them down? She's not being a very good mob moll.

Edited by gwen615, Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:17 PM.

corrinthos

corrinthos

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

I guess my hope of McPain somehow/someway being Sam's long lost daddy was to long of a stretch , has her father ever been named or even really discussed. How old is McPain supposed to be since he and Sonny have a history before Sonny came to Port Charles...

Edited by corrinthos, Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:24 PM.

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Ewen is adorable. I love him and Liz together

Me too! I thought they were very cute together. I'm hoping the show goes this route instead of Liz/Mat.

Dream Boy

Dream Boy

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:30 PM

Double post

Edited by Dream Boy, Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:32 PM.

Rayman

Rayman

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:41 PM

I thought the dinner between Liz and Dr. Ewen was odd. After whipping his "harp" out in the middle of the restaurant and playing some blues for her I can only say thank goodness he didn't play the tuba. I can only imagine how well that would have gone over with the rest of the customers in the restaurant.

He knew more than he should have known about Jax. I guess Australia is a really small country where everyone knows each other.
So is he Jax related or is he anti-Jax? Without Jax being on the canvas, it wouldn't make sense to have Dr. Ewen be anti-Jax. I'm guessing he's related somehow.

Dante dashed Lulu's hopes of being a pole dancer. How would that have flown with the PCPD higher ups anyway? She's a freakin' file clerk. So now she was ready to go undercover? Unless that's a perk they didn't mention when she interviewed for the job.

BuggieGirl

BuggieGirl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 7:44 PM

I thought the dinner between Liz and Dr. Ewen was odd. After whipping his "harp" out in the middle of the restaurant and playing some blues for her I can only say thank goodness he didn't play the tuba. I can only imagine how well that would have gone over with the rest of the customers in the restaurant.

I like Ewen and Liz, but I saw that moment through reality eyes and I would be completely MORTIFIED if a date started randomly playing an instrument in the middle of a restaurant on a date! Interested in his connection to or knowledge about Jax.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:11 PM

Interested in his connection to or knowledge about Jax.

Given how he sneered about Jax being a corporate raider, I bet Jax somehow ruined Ewen's family. Zzzzz, especially because we likely won't be seeing Jax.

Ulkis

Ulkis

Stalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

Ewen is adorable. I love him and Liz together

Me too! I thought they were very cute together. I'm hoping the show goes this route instead of Liz/Mat.

Pretty sure she and Matt are done. Too bad because I thought it was the first time I was interested in Matt, but I like her and Ewen too.

Timewalker

Timewalker

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:27 PM

After whipping his "harp" out in the middle of the restaurant and playing some blues for her I can only say thank goodness he didn't play the tuba. I can only imagine how well that would have gone over with the rest of the customers in the restaurant.

Of course, that would have been possible only if Ewen had a magic hiding place (like the Immortals in Highlander where they kept their huge swords) for said hypothetical tuba. Still, I'm getting a mental image of Ewen telling Liz that he plays the tuba in a German polka band, and would she like to hear a tune? *snicker*

But... who the heck brings a harmonica on a date, anyway? Or is it a standard part of his therapy with musically-inclined patients?

Kaycee19

Kaycee19

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 8:32 PM

My god, stupid ass Franco is like the "gift" that keeps on giving.

He's like the GH version of herpes.

Too bad it's all about Jason—how he would feel, how finding out would affect him. Jason, Jason, Jason. We haven't gotten to see her deal with it except how it relates to Jason. That's what's so exasperating for me.

Seriously. I wanted to throw something at my TV when Sam talked about how this would ruin the experience for Jason considering what it would mean for her. She's already been violated enough. I'm also sick of seeing Sam sad or depressed, especially since it seems like so much of the focus is on Jason's pain. I think KeMo is adorable when she gets to play happy or spunky and I like the chem between her and ME better when Sam and John are being combative or joking with each other.

I like Crazy Connie much better than Kate but I don't need to see her or Sonny every freaking day. There's only so many times I can watch Connie talking to herself in the mirror or her and Sonny having the exact same conversation.

I was bored to death with the Liz/Ewen date. Not even the Jax mention could get me interested in Ewen and I'm not really impressed with his chemistry with Liz.

The mob side still seems to dominate the show. The hospital side still doesn't seem to get much focus unless they are treating a mob-side character like Kate.

ciarra

ciarra

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

WHO CARES WHO THE FATHER IS?

But...but this is the Great St. Jasus you're talking about. Like royalty, he must have a biological heir. Even Carly offered up her golden uterus to give Jason a baby. And the Liz/Borg child is dead, so Jason.must.have.a.baby. because he would be the bestest dad evah.

Fylaki

Fylaki

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 5:55 AM

I still think that the Kate/Connie story line would be better if it turned out that Connie was the "Real" person and Kate the alt that has suppressed Connie all these years. After all Connie existed before Kate so doesn't that make her the "real" one?

kassa

kassa

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

I will hand the writers/directors this -- I do find myself smiling at what I perceive as intentional humor recently (as opposed to cringing at the "intentional humor" of previous regimes, usually Spinelli/Maxi hijinx). I actually saw glimmers of the character people describe as the original Sonny, when he was snarking about Carly and Johnny - he seemed present and amused and was acting with his entire genuine facial expression as opposed to just tilting his head and reading.

And I love Connie's eye rolling when hugging Sonny, and behind his back when he can't see her expression.

Less positively, I did groan when McBain rightly pointed out that Jason was a hitman and Sam's response was "yeah, but he wouldn't intentionally hurt anybody!"