One Life to Live

• Please log in to reply

127156 replies to this topic

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 10:40 AM

I think they were going to get rid of him no matter what. OLTL's last years had no time for anyone besides worthless slugs like Rex, McBain, and Frodd. Gauthier was a decent actor who actually had chemistry with his co-stars. That's a death wish on soaps today.

dw mckim

dw mckim

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 1:56 PM

(Been awhile since i've posted/visited!)

Fave Joey was Nathan Fillion. Also liked Chris McKenna and wish they would have broought him back. BMH was a hair model, Don Jeffcoat's only good having pies thrown at him on messy game shows, and TD COULD have been a good recast if the story/writing didn't do him such a disservice. Is he as strong an actor as NF? No. But he had the stuff necessary to at least be a successful recast but again was a victim to the writing.

Kirk was the only decent Kevin (and again would have liked to see him brought back) until Dan Gauthier. Not only was DG very talented but he did something truly remarkable which will always cement his status as UltimateKevin - he stepped into the part of one of the most recast roles in soap history and managed to synthesize and integrate all the previous interpretations/visions of Kevin into one character. That crown is forever his as far as i'm concerned!

tam1MI

tam1MI

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:46 PM

One of the things that caused me to simultaneously scratch my head in puzzlement and shake my fist in rage (metaphorically speaking, of course), was the way TIIC at OLTL kept flogging McBain and Todd as "the male version of Viki and Dorian". IDIOTS - YOU ALREADY HAD THE MALE VERSION OF VIKI AND DORIAN! THEY WERE CALLED KEVIN AND TODD! Seriously, the rivalry between these two men could have powered OLTL for years. Instead, they bounced DG and tried to make resisting audiences believe that McBain vs. Todd was a natual, organic rivalry (it wasn't) that we all should be terribly invested in (we weren't). Decisions like this are what led OLTL to where it is today.

witchyluv

witchyluv

Video Archivist

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

Well, to be fair, they're still trying to sell people on McBain being up in errybody's business as natural, organic and something to invest in and not just turn in to a drinking game.

katierose295

katierose295

Fanatic

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 6:10 PM

I think Victor Jr. and Todd had potential to have a Vicki and Dorian style relationship. But, then they fired TSJ and Todd was suddenly in "rivalry" scenes with John. Go figure.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 9:16 PM

A rivalry like that will never work if the actors phone it in 80-100% of the time, as the Todds and McBain usually did.

witchyluv

witchyluv

Video Archivist

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

I honestly don't think soap writers even know how to write real rivalries anymore and that's a big part of where they've been going so horribly wrong.

You can't have a rivalry based on nothing, or on plot points alone. Two dudes engaged in a pissing contest is hardly a great soap rivalry. It can be fun for a bit, but it's not going to last the long haul and be compelling for years. Since Ron doesn't want to write about business, it's hard to have a business rivalry. Since he doesn't want to write about romance, friendships or organic familial interaction, it's kinda hard to have rivalries based in those areas either.

The idea that everyone wants a piece of McBain because he's just so awesome is lame and a cop out, imho.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 3:17 PM

Since Ron doesn't want to write about business, it's hard to have a business rivalry.

Is that true? I thought the no-business-story edict came from Brian Frons, which was so incredibly stupid and limiting.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

Since Tea will be on GH next week, I just want to say this: If they have her spontaneously combust during one of her screechy, hair-eating rants? Worth it.

Not to mention it would be the best screen saver EVER.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 7:27 PM

Is that true? I thought the no-business-story edict came from Brian Frons, which was so incredibly stupid and limiting.

I thought the same thing. Didn't RC do a fair amount with BE in the beginning, with Jared and Natalie going to work there and Dorian's scheme to take it over?

Todd/Tea/Blair spoilers supposedly from SOD:

Spoiler

Bawoman

Bawoman

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 6:18 PM

Does anyone know Todd's first airdate is? I've been kind of out of the loop, soap wise, and I can't find that date anywhere.

Still can't believe I'm going to have to suffer through Tea. To be honest, since KdP doesn't seem like an option for now, I would have prefered for TSJ to come along with RH and not the screaming banshee. So much more storyline potential.

Alas, happy to have my Todd back.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:50 PM

I'm not actually sure. But Tea starts sometime this week. I'm assuming Todd will too?

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

I think both Todd and Tea show up in Port Charles on Wednesday.

hcs

hcs

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Still can't believe I'm going have to suffer through Tea. To be honest, since KDP doesn't like an option for now,I would have prefered for TSJ to come along with RH and not ther screaming banshee. So much more storyline potential

Interesting since at this point I would prefer Tea and Victor in PC then Todd.. frankly Starr is acting more like the child of her uncle and step mother then either of her awesome parents.. and since everyone in PC is already awful Victor and Tea will fit right in.. Todd and Blair can join all the other amazing characters who are at the party for Not Dead Jared which is why McDouche is staying in PC as he is also awful.

Edited by hcs, May 6, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

Bawoman

Bawoman

Fanatic

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 11:22 AM

I think both Todd and Tea show up in Port Charles on Wednesday.

Thanks, I'll hold out until Wednesday then.

frankly Starr is acting more like the child of her uncle and step mother then either of her awesome parents..

I caught a few snippets on youtube and I can see what you mean. Crossing fingers Todd's arrival will make Starr more tolerable. The only time I actually liked her on GH was in the scene when Todd visited her at the hospital in early March. Starr needs her father for more reasons than one.

AxlRose

AxlRose

Channel Surfer

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

Starr needs her mother too, but what can you do...

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 10:25 PM

Starr needs her mother too, but what can you do...

Very true.

Lord knows I love Blair, and I understand GH fans not wanting to have OLTL characters "invade" their show, but even without acknowledging who they are bringing in Blair's place, bringing Blair back would probably be better than bringing on another character the GH audience is (mercifully) not acquainted with like Tea.

But like you said, what can you do?

BTW, AxlRose, I love your screen name ;).

Edited by UseYourIllusion, May 6, 2012 @ 10:32 PM.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:49 PM

Shut up, Farah.

@FarahfromKY
Oh. Everyones "working". Ok. Whats that like? I wouldn't know. #thanksbrianfrons

Addison Dewitt

Addison Dewitt

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

@FarahfromKY
Oh. Everyones "working". Ok. Whats that like? I wouldn't know. #thanksbrianfrons

I suggest she look into beauty school as she seems to like doing hair and make up. Acting probably isn't in her future.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 1:17 PM

She really doesn't understand social media, does she?

Beach Blonde

Beach Blonde

Fanatic

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

I heard that Tea will be in PC for about 7 weeks, give or take. So, Blair gets 7 days, Tea gets 7 weeks. And on top of that, it's Blair's daughter who is arrested, not Tea's. Yeah, makes sense. Not.

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 3:59 PM

If this week's GH previews are any indication of what's ahead, I will need all the patience in the world to sit through Hater Yellgado just to see my Todd. Like the rest of you, I am annoyed as hell that they brought her ass over to help Starr instead of, I don't know, Starr's mother...?

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 4:26 PM

Seriously, it was bad enough when they decided that Blair wouldn't stick around for Starr in the wake of Cole and Hope's deaths, but now, Starr gets arrested for holding the man she believes was responsible at gunpoint, and we're expected to believe that Blair wouldn't drop everything to be at Starr's side with this indicator of exactly what a wreck Starr is over everything? Yeah, I buy she'd recruit Tea to represent her, because Tea is a shark and would do anything to get her client off, but there's no way Blair would just send Tea off to represent her with a "oh, tell her Mom says hey," and be done with it. She'd be camped out at the PCPD raising hell until Starr was released, and she'd superglue herself to Starr's side after that. Yes, she has the boys, but it wouldn't be the first time she left the boys with their grandmother or Aunt Viki.

Cathangel

Cathangel

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 5:25 PM

The excuse they're gonna give for Blair not being there is because Sam is supposedly gonna be sick. Bleh. That's a piss poor excuse if I've ever heard one. If they put Sam in mortal danger offscreen after killing off Cole & Hope, Frank & Ron suck. If Sam's illness is not that serious, then Blair's excuse for not being there for Starr eventually runs out.

Any which way you cut it, it sucks hardcore that Blair should be there & isn't and instead, we get Tea doing her usual hater screeching at everyone who gets in her way. What did we do as viewers to deserve this?

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 11:08 PM

I just watched the new promo with Tea.

Tea: "I CAN'T STAND THE SIGHT OF YOU!"

Me: "That makes two of us, bitch."

yearoftheroostr

yearoftheroostr

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 10:29 AM

What did we do as viewers to deserve this?

I've been asking this every day.

Beach Blonde

Beach Blonde

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:46 AM

I want to watch, because I would love to see Todd. But, the way KDP has been treated makes me not want to watch again; especially since TPTB have decided Tea is worth far more time than Blair; when it's Blair's family that is involved.

Can you imagine if it was Dani instead of Starr, and Blair showed up while Tea sat at home? That would NEVER happen. And in the one in a billion chance that it did, they could always play it off as Tea has a high-risk pregnancy and can't travel.

I can't imagine that Tea is going to be flouncing around PC to begin with. Isn't she due to give birth? Aren't pregnant women not supposed to travel in their 9th month?

I mean, I'm sure given RC's penchant for "re-doing" storylines that Tea will probably go into labor at -- coincidentally -- the very same time as GH's Sam. Baby-switch anyone?

I can just picture that Heather character swapping Tea's baby with Sam's to keep up the ruse that the baby isn't Jason's. Mind you, I'm just assuming the baby really is Jason's and Heather is just fucking with Sam and Jason for some reason. Well, Heather would've been Franco's aunt or something, right?

Anyways, swap the babies and should there be another paternity test, Sam's baby still won't match Jason, because it will be Vic's baby.

There's also spoilers/rumors that
Spoiler

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:56 AM

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm not sure how I feel about
Spoiler

Edited by dubbel zout, May 8, 2012 @ 11:57 AM.

Beach Blonde

Beach Blonde

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:15 PM

Well, I think there are spoilers that say that
Spoiler

I don't really know whether it will happen, but there have been strong rumors of Viki showing up in PC, and Todd making some kind of deal with Sonny. I can't imagine that Viki would just randomly show up, even with Starr being arrested. I mean, Starr was arrested when she sprung Todd from jail in Llanview; did Viki even know that happened? I don't remember, but I don't think so. So, if Viki isn't involved when it happens in her own town, I doubt that she'd know and show in PC because of Starr.

With regards to Kannie, remember she was reading the book about Viki/Niki and Jess/Tess.

steve91199

steve91199

Stalker

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 12:24 PM

I hated the scene of Rizzo Gone Wild reading the book - it was Ron Carlivati again making a joke of rape and mental illness. I hate the idea of Viki being any part of this.
Spoiler