One Life to Live

• Please log in to reply

127156 replies to this topic

Bawoman

Bawoman

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:51 PM

he screwed up, he panicked, he spent the last few weeks of the show waiting for the other shoe to drop, it dropped. It's logical for people to be pissed off at Todd, especially Blair.

Oh, I'm all for people being pissed at Todd when/if he deserves it. What I'm not happy with is everyone thinking he did something he didn't, especially when that something is killing someone his family cared about.
If Blair was pissed because of what he did to Tomas, or covering up what he thought he did, then Todd would have to deal with it, and I wouldn't complain. Todd has been forgiven for much worse, and with less reason anyway. But let the man pay for his true deeds.

I guess it's just the stomach turning image of Tea and Tomas acting all self satisifed and smug that I find off-putting.

dogstar85

dogstar85

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Well, since Blair or Starr don't know what we know, I don't blame them for their potential reactions. I don't think Starr will be a-okay with Todd and this whole situation either (Todd and everyone believing that he killed Victor). They are setting up parallels between Starr and Michael IMO and Michael is already assigning blame to Sonny for the car accident that he almost certainly did not cause....

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:05 AM

Even if Todd is innocent of killing Victor, he still genuinely thought he killed Victor, yet continued to spoon feed to his family lies about how he was innocent, even framing someone who was close with Blair, Tea and Dani. I mean I love Todd, but no way is he ever deserving of a ticker tape parade (I mean it depends on how much you hate Victor and Tomas because I guess I'd probably throw him a parade or two). He screwed up, he panicked, he spent the last few weeks of the show waiting for the other shoe to drop, it dropped. It's logical for people to be pissed off at Todd, especially Blair. She opened up to him about all the men who have wronged her in his absence, asked him to be honest with her, trusted him and that he had changed and all the while he was being a lying liar who lied. Blair will forgive him, obviously, because he stands by her and their family and most of the lying was due to self preservation after he was brainwashed into thinking he did something he didn't do and well, it's Todd, but that doesn't mean she can't be mad at him for a little while. I mean in the 17 year history of Todd and Blair, I think they've been "estranged" for 16 of them.

This is where I'm at. It took me a few days to digest these spoilers but I actually have no problems with people being estranged from Todd if everyone, including Todd, still think he's guilty for this mess (though which idiot judge offers a rich and erratic man like Todd, with a history of running away and the charges he's facing, BAIL?). I especially have no problems with Blair being angry for the reason you mentioned about her opening up. I have all the sympathy in the world for Todd this time but it doesn't mean he can pretty much do whatever he wants and expect Blair and Starr to immediately be fine with it. They wouldn't be separate characters if that were true, they would be Todd's appendages. The important part for me is that Starr and Blair still love him - that's how I know that once the Victor circumstances get cleared up, everything will work out. If anything, Starr's plight may bring them closer together (baby steps of course) even before that happens.

One thing is clear - this is about setting up the GH story and I can see how it will do that for Starr, Michael, Carly, Sonny and John. The other thing I'm not completely sure of but hope - since they're still writing for Todd and Blair as characters with actual drama for themselves like this, I would not be surprised if they're invited back for another stint or two.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

I have all the sympathy in the world for Todd this time but it doesn't mean he can pretty much do whatever he wants and expect Blair and Starr to immediately be fine with it. They wouldn't be separate characters if that were true, they would be Todd's appendages. The important part for me is that Starr and Blair still love him - that's how I know that once the Victor circumstances get cleared up, everything will work out.

As Ron said, based on the circumstances you can assume that it all worked out in the end. It was just another example of Todd not having enough faith in Blair's love for him, that he does stupid things to keep the truth from her that winds up doing more damage then the initial act. The last time he truly trusted her and their love was when he left for Ireland, which made the bookend conversation in the last episode that much more compelling.

One thing is clear - this is about setting up the GH story and I can see how it will do that for Starr, Michael, Carly, Sonny and John. The other thing I'm not completely sure of but hope - since they're still writing for Todd and Blair as characters with actual drama for themselves like this, I would not be surprised if they're invited back for another stint or two.

Unfortunately, it sounds to me that they're trying to parallel Todd/Blair with Sonny/Carly. Once they get the wheels turning on that comparison, they really have no use left for Todd and Blair because they'll have Sonny and Carly. But who knows, maybe they'll click with the canvas and Blair will come back to attend med school (hee) at GH and Todd will inherit Crimson from KrazyKate and they can be the anti-Sonny/Carly because they're not just in it for the kids.

Beach Blonde

Beach Blonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

I'm so excited for Blair to show up today! I have this feeling that she won't be on until the end; but I sure hope not.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

Starr showed up at the beginning of Friday. I have a feeling Blair will show up early today and that Todd's entrance will be the last scene of that story sequence.

Beach Blonde

Beach Blonde

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:38 AM

Hopefully you're right. I don't want to wait till Monday to see Blair doing something relevant. But, I also don't want a 30-second appearance today to count as an episode; as Kassie said she appears in 7 episodes. I want 7 good solid days of real airtime.

As for RH, you might be right about a brief appearance at the end of today's epi, although I thought it was said he doesn't show up until the 5th.

BestestAuntEver

BestestAuntEver

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

KDP has posted that she & Kirsten will be on Entertainment Tonight today. Kassie has really been pushing GH & her stint.

I still miss my Mannings!!

peachmangosteen

peachmangosteen

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:10 PM

The ET video is on the front page of their website. And it's a damn good video. I got teary eyed. I don't even know! Soaps, man. They make me so emotional!

I would probably kill to be Kassie' friend. She is a trip. Love her. Kristen is so cute too and so excited about GH. Even Maurice Benard was adorable in that video! I had to LOL when he was like, (paraphrased) "When you're telling stories about families, RAPE . . ." I mean, so bad that I laughed, but the way he said 'rape,' just like, "soaps go to the rape thing a lot dang."

Anyway, it's a really great video and I definitely recommend watching it

Edited by peachmangosteen, Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:11 PM.

onethymeonly

onethymeonly

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

The ET video is on the front page of their website. And it's a damn good video. I got teary eyed. I don't even know! Soaps, man. They make me so emotional!

I would probably kill to be Kassie' friend. She is a trip. Love her. Kristen is so cute too and so excited about GH. Even Maurice Benard was adorable in that video! I had to LOL when he was like, (paraphrased) "When you're telling stories about families, RAPE . . ." I mean, so bad that I laughed, but the way he said 'rape,' just like, "soaps go to the rape thing a lot dang."

Anyway, it's a really great video and I definitely recommend watching it

They look great! Their excitement is contagious, damnit. I laughed when MB was all, "I was talking to Roger Howarth..." because I totally thought of the Phantom of the Soap Opera.

TeeVee329

TeeVee329

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Ugh, how the hell did David Gregory get a Emmy pre-nomination?

Ditto John Wesley Shipp, whose nominated for Best Supporting Actor (!) even though he was on the show for like three weeks.

marifn

marifn

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:28 PM

I laughed when MB was all, "I was talking to Roger Howarth..." because I totally thought of the Phantom of the Soap Opera.

Lucky Roger Howarth.

My new concern with the Hope/Cole falling off the Cliffs of Death is that having watched Patrick, Anna, Robert and company and Blair today, I don't think KA is up for this.

Spazzo47

Spazzo47

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:30 PM

Eh, I'm not concerned about JSW, he's talented and acted the hell out of those three weeks. And DG is only up for younger actor. I wish RoHo had put his name in. I'd rather see him than RSW (who I adore).

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

Ugh, how the hell did David Gregory get a Emmy pre-nomination?

Chandelier was robbed!

daniel82

daniel82

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:58 PM

Can we hold the Emmy ceremonies at a place that has lots and lots of lethal chandeliers just hanging around waiting to strike?

marifn

marifn

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

I wish RoHo had put his name in.

I wonder why he didn't.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:31 PM

Oh sure, Chandelier has one of the most important and amazing scenes of the year, and it's his damn inaminate lump of a co-star that gets the pre-nom.

And, really, they couldn't think of anyone else to pre-nom for supporting actor? What about ML???

Although I did notice a few categories where both OLTL and AMC only had one pre-nom, even though you could think of others that could (or should) have been there. I wonder if that is a side effect of the shows being out of production, so the pre-nom process was less organized or something.

What I want most, though, is for OLTL to get a Best Show nom and win. Because it would be so deserved.

Edited by KerleyQ, Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:38 PM.

12thNite

12thNite

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:43 PM

Soap Opera Network has the ratings out for last week and GH's numbers are up by almost 200,000. Friday (Starr/Cole/Hope's first day) was their highest rated day at 1.9/2,516,000. And so it begins....

loseresque

loseresque

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:08 PM

Eh, I'm not concerned about JSW, he's talented and acted the hell out of those three weeks. And DG is only up for younger actor. I wish RoHo had put his name in. I'd rather see him than RSW (who I adore).

If RoHo is Roger Howarth, he did put his name in but under the supporting actor category. People thought he hadn't because they expected him under lead but it was clarified he did indeed submit as supporting.

Apparently Dawson's dad was more worthy of a pre-nomination?

dw mckim

dw mckim

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

Soap Opera Network has the ratings out for last week and GH's numbers are up by almost 200,000. Friday (Starr/Cole/Hope's first day) was their highest rated day at 1.9/2,516,000. And so it begins....

You beat me to it...was just about to post this.

It's also worth noting that Friday's ep (the first with oltl characters) was GH's highest ratings since oltl's last day.

I'm very happy since i had hoped the specific days that oltl characters are on would be higher than the others since that's the most powerful defense for getting oltl back as its own show. Fri's numbers weren't the big dramatic spike over the previous day's numbers but it's still their best ratings since 1-13 so big grin/happy dance.

...and this is good for gh since they've hit record lows the last few weeks so this last week was a much needed upswing.

I haven't been able to post for a week and a half since i was waiting on a computer repair but i did want to suggest people watch the oltl episodes of gh on abc's generalhospital.com site - it is known abc is looking at those numbers so if you're not a nielsen family, this is a great way to have your viewership counted. Even if you prefer watching on your tv, watch on television for your enjoyment and click on the episode on the site to have it counted...i'll let it play as i do my surfing in another window...and "watching" several times. (I also did this for oltl's last episodes) Abc keeps the eps up for a week after original broadcast. I'll check youtube to see if the oltlers are on a particular day and if so then off to abc's site i go.

------------

As for the Emmy pre-noms, here's who got a pre nom (with those awho submitted but didn't get one in parenthesis):

Lead actress: Kassie DePaiva, Erica Slezak (Florencia Lozano, Hillary B Smith)
Lead actor: Jerry VerDorn, Robert S Woods (Michael Easton)
Supporting actress: Gina Tignoni (Ilene Kirsten <FR cancelling level scream>, Bree Williamson, Melissa Archer)
Supporting actor: John Wesley Shipp (Mark Lawson, Roger Howarth)
Younger actress: (Shenell Edmonds, Kristen Alderson)
Younger actor: David Gregory, Eddie Alderson, Austin Williams (Andrew Trische...Tric...the hair model kid)

dogstar85

dogstar85

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:52 PM

I don't know which annoys me more: supporting actress or supporting actor. Scratch that....I think it's supporting actress that is more baffling to me. Gina Tognoni...really? Ok, supporting actor pre-noms bewilder me as well.

Edited by dogstar85, Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:55 PM.

Bawoman

Bawoman

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 7:59 PM

Many people did not enjoy her character, but I always felt GT was a really great actress. Which pisses me off even more that she got such crappy writing in her last return.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Have they changed the pre-nom process? I thought each show was supposed to pre-nom two in each category (although there coule be less if they didn't have enough qualified actors submit or more if there was a tie). I just don't get how RH and ML submitted in Supporting and only JWS got a pre-nom. Or how BW, IK, and MA all submitted in supporting, but only GT got a pre-nom. Again, I'm going to have to guess that the process was less organized for OLTL and AMC, because they weren't working on set anymore. It's a shame, because it almost feels like one last kick on the show while it's down that they didn't even manage to get in a standard number of pre-noms in most characters (while other shows have 3 in some and I saw one show had 4 pre-noms in one category).

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Can we all start the campaign for Eddie Alderson or Austin Williams now? I refuse to see "Emmy winning actor" in front of that dork's name. Refuse. And while I rather enjoyed Dawson's dad, especially when he was torturing Rapey in hell, RoHo deserved to win.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I'm surprised Kristen Alderson didn't get a pre-nom. She did some really good work in the Two Todd's story and it's not like that category is crowded.

RH in supporting? Dude carried the show last year. Maybe the Emmy voters missed his name in the wrong category and just went with the Flash instead. Even if he got the nom in Supporting, he wouldn't have won it. I'm pretty sure they automatically print the trophies with Jonathan Jackson's name whether he deserves it or not.

TrickPony17

TrickPony17

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:21 PM

I'm baffled at Gina. As Dinah on GL, she deserved every nod she got. And her early Kelly years, even though I never really cared for Kelly (I always preferred Cassie as Blair's confidant--she was always more understanding, even if she didn't agree, and not judgmental) were much better. But this last time on OLTL? Nope.

dw mckim

dw mckim

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:22 PM

Have they changed the pre-nom process? I thought each show was supposed to pre-nom two in each category (although there coule be less if they didn't have enough qualified actors submit or more if there was a tie). I just don't get how RH and ML submitted in Supporting and only JWS got a pre-nom. Or how BW, IK, and MA all submitted in supporting, but only GT got a pre-nom. Again, I'm going to have to guess that the process was less organized for OLTL and AMC, because they weren't working on set anymore. It's a shame, because it almost feels like one last kick on the show while it's down that they didn't even manage to get in a standard number of pre-noms in most characters (while other shows have 3 in some and I saw one show had 4 pre-noms in one category).

Yes, the nomination/voting rules got quite the overhaul...among the changes is no minimum or maximum number of people for one show. (Which is how DAG got a prenom last year...there were only that number of people in the category who submitted. Don't know how he squeeked through this year unless all the other choices were in the same caliber as Andrew T)

I'm baffled at Gina. As Dinah on GL, she deserved every nod she got. And her early Kelly years, even though I never really cared for Kelly (I always preferred Cassie as Blair's confidant--she was always more understanding, even if she didn't agree, and not judgmental) were much better. But this last time on OLTL? Nope.

Unfortunately one of the things that DIDN'T get changed is the actor's reels only making up a single episode...so EVERYTHING comes down to the reel; a whole year's worth of work made or broken by one scene. GT may not have had the best material this year but she zeroed in on a good moment for her reel ("An injured Kelly recounts to John how Marty attacked her.")

Edited by dw mckim, Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:27 PM.

celest

celest

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:23 PM

YAS at the ratings. At the very least, I want Todd and Blair back for a longer stint (maybe full-time) on GH.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:29 AM

Yes, the nomination/voting rules got quite the overhaul...among the changes is no minimum or maximum number of people for one show. (Which is how DAG got a prenom last year...there were only that number of people in the category who submitted. Don't know how he squeeked through this year unless all the other choices were in the same caliber as Andrew T)

Who determines the pre-noms then? Still the shows themselves?

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Mar 3, 2012 @ 12:59 AM

The ratings legitimately surprise me, despite my faith in this team's ability to deliver even with very up and down story. I do hope they'll continue to improve, not that I think it will make a difference to ABC.

KDP brought it today. She's a force to be reckoned with even in that cast.

Edited by jase-bot, Mar 3, 2012 @ 1:00 AM.