One Life to Live

• Please log in to reply

127157 replies to this topic

Split Ends

Split Ends

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:24 AM

At least she wants to fuck him up. But it doesn't make up for the fact that she doesn't.

And it doesn't make up for the fact that John does fuck him up, when it's not John's goddamned place. I don't give a fuck what John's reaction to Marty's situation with Todd is. I really fucking don't. At least there's no mention of some tender reunion between Marty and John.

kavan30013

kavan30013

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:51 AM

Even totally ignoring sexytimes rape grossness I thought the episode was so subpar as to be downright embarrassing. The writing was littered with contrivances- both Viki and Tess are simultaneously comforted by their alters, John can fake hang himself, not to mention MEís self indulgent smirk at the end of the prank, and then escape from a cell, puppies and two babies being born virtually at the same moment. Vikiís imaginary convo with her alter helping her figure out where Jessica was... virtually every dynamic lacked a single ounce of effort. RCís writing right up to Nashís funeral felt so layered and the stories felt really full of potential but all of the stories withered and seem to be being wrapped up in contrived lazy fashions.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 11:01 AM

REG did indeed rock the 'fro on last night's LOM. She also showed how appealing she is when she isn't Vangie.

I'm glad others were disturbed by the creepy dead baby. Those scenes, with Phantom!Niki as midwife, were really weird. Is she going to call 911 to get Tess to the hospital? Or is Bess going to do it?

Jean Randolph's Łber-enunciation cracked me up, since it's not as if Viki drops her g's or slurs her r's.

Blackjaxs

Blackjaxs

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 1:52 PM

make up for the fact that John does fuck him up, when it's not John's goddamned place.

Gotta disagree on this one, everyone in this town should line up to take a wack at this sicko. Put Bree and PDV in the line too. Somehow and in a relatively short amount of time they have managed to make one of this shows most complicated and fascinating characters the worst character in the history of TV. Give me the trio of Beth Garvey/ Emily McIver/Lainey Ferrel McIver any day over Todd Manning. Hell give me back Leah Lamin as head writer, as awful as she was I donít believe for one second she would have come up with is crap. Tess, Bess really is this what we have come to. It all defies sense!

Edited by Blackjaxs, Nov 7, 2008 @ 1:54 PM.

blixie2

blixie2

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 2:24 PM

veryone in this town should line up to take a wack at this sicko.

I think Miss Manners says Rape Victims twice over get first dibs.

Yeah those spoilers do nothing for me. I feel cleansed of caring about this show anymore.*

*unless it involves shirtless Brody falling for Layla.

buckeyegirl1978

buckeyegirl1978

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 2:33 PM

I was wondering knowing Jessica's DID is mimicing Viki's DID only difference being the rhyming does this mean that Jessica will have a male alter by the name of Wess who suffers from major rage issues.

Also, I seriously would put OLTL back on my DVR, if the show was only about Tina, Cain, little David Vickers, and her litter of puppies. For me, they are the only bright spot in this extremely dark depressing show.

AuburnJenn

AuburnJenn

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 3:14 PM

So...anyone wanna tell me what happened in the last 10 minutes? Preempted by Obama's speech.

justagirl33

justagirl33

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 5:16 PM

I usually just lurk on this site as I watch this show only about twice a week, but what is going on? Since when is an OB/GYN a neonatologist and also a Pediatrician? I mean really even if you have no knowledge of medicine do the writers really think Star's doctor would be the one to go with the baby to the NICU? We might as well have had all specialties Michael deliver the baby since he works the emergency room, surgery and all other specialties at this hospital.

Split Ends

Split Ends

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 5:32 PM

Since when is an OB/GYN a neonatologist and also a Pediatrician? I mean really even if you have no knowledge of medicine do the writers really think Star's doctor would be the one to go with the baby to the NICU? We might as well have had all specialties Michael deliver the baby since he works the emergency room, surgery and all other specialties at this hospital.

I was thinking about it earlier, and I'm pretty sure there is no damn way a baby in a hospital could "die" without a massive inquiry or you know, an autopsy. I just don't see how logically it could be pulled off without a body switch or something. None of it makes any sense.

Bree Williamson did a fine job as Tess, I though. But Bess is awful. Jessica's alters may be mimicking Viki's alters, but Bess is no Jean Randolph.

dubbel zout

dubbel zout

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 5:51 PM

"Dear Diary,

Golly, my rapist is dreamy. We had sex today and he told me he loved me! Pretty soon we're going to raise his stolen granddaughter together in another state. I'm the luckiest girl alive!"

Ugh. Just ugh.

I did like Todd being there when Marcie turned around. Hee!

Oooh, John goes rogue! Those phone calls were hilariously melodramatic.

Jessica's alters may be mimicking Viki's alters, but Bess is no Jean Randolph.

She can't even have original alters? Dumb, dumb, dumb. How convenient that the random pair of glasses lying around were exactly Bess's prescription.

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 5:51 PM

the rhyming does this mean that Jessica will have a male alter by the name of Wess who suffers from major rage issues.

Or Les, perhaps. Or Fess, like Fess Parker? Too bad Viki already used Princess. If only the writers had planned ahead!

Seriously, though, I'd also like to know what went down in the last ten minutes. If any candidate ever promised never to pre-empt a soap opera with a press conference, that would secure my vote instantly.

Cheetara04

Cheetara04

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 6:20 PM

God, Jess and her alter egos. Its like they are taking a page out of Dr. Seuss with the naming. You know that their are other female names in the world.

Bill C

Bill C

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 7:02 PM

I could almost accept Bess (pretty name, but God) if she hadn't somehow ended up with the exact same glasses Jean was wearing earlier. The resulting oh-come-on! fug just took me right out of most of it. Weird, but there you go. Flip side, Bess and the dead fake baby was good...and, yes, a bit creepy.

I'm guessing that the end of the episode (that nobody got to see?) was simply John finally catching up to Todd and Marty, since he spent the rest of the friggin' episode preparing to do it. Just like a Passions character. Bleah.

tootlegub

tootlegub

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 8:09 PM

Wait. There was more than 30 minutes? My DVR stopped recording at 1:30 for Obama's speech.

FitYaYa

FitYaYa

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 8:12 PM

How it ended, let's see what I remember:

Viki, Charlie, Tina, and Bree were in the basement looking at Jared and Natalie in a panicked state, but of course were unable to hear them. With all the commotion, Tina pushed the sound button and they were able to hear JN screaming that they had to get out. yadda yadda, finally Charlie saw it and they asked how much time was left, he and Viki didn't want to tell them and finally he said, "Ten minutes."

After Todd convinces Marcie to go back to the room to comfort Starr, he calls the OB but when he was about to leave a message, he ran into her and said someone made him realize what he was doing was wrong, so he's changed his mind. (end of that scene)

Marty lies down in bed and cut to TarJohn (tarzan + John) hanging by a rope (too bad it wasn't around his neck), giving himself a push, then breaking through the window. "Marty." (that's how it ended, I think)

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

I love Viki and Charlie as action heroes. Is that wrong?

I will terribly miss Tina. I hope AE comes back for more short runs.

Split Ends

Split Ends

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:32 PM

TarJohn (tarzan + John)

Nice. What about "Tarzohn"? TarJohn makes me think we're mocking his hair, which is equally appropriate.

You know what really, really bothers me? Todd has decided not to kidnap Starr's baby, but he's freaking giddy. Why isn't he repulsed by himself? Why isn't he racked with guilt? Why is he acting like a goof? Does he really think that because he doesn't intend on going through with the plan, that makes him a good man? I'm trying to understand how all of his feelings of guilt are eradicated by sleeping with Marty. By all rights, he should feel worse about himself; his continued deceit should be a heavier burden, not a lighter one.

Am I supposed to think this is a guy worth saving? Because I totally don't.

Bourgeois Nerd

Bourgeois Nerd

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:41 PM

ZOMG, did John McBain actually APOLOGIZE? Okay, it was to voicemail, but still... Total "Whatevs!" to him leaving his badge behind.

Bess is so, so awful. BW acts like the girl from Small Wonder. ES can do Jean as cold, controlled, but not robotic, but Bree? Not so much. And those glasses are terrible.

TarJohn or Tarzohn or whatever we decide to call Repelling!Window-Breaking!John was... I don't even know what that was. It was supposed to be exciting and heroic, though, right? Right?!?!? Because if so, it totally wasn't.

Maverick

Maverick

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 10:49 PM

Bess is so, so awful. BW acts like the girl from Small Wonder. ES can do Jean as cold, controlled, but not robotic, but Bree?

So who's the "we" Bess is talking to? A fourth personality? Of does she have delusions of grandeur and use the royal we?

And those glasses are terrible

Girlfriend looks like she mugged the Nutty Professor on the way to the winery.

SusannahDean

SusannahDean

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 11:00 PM

The preemption must have been an east coast thing because we got preempted was the first 15 mins of AMC which I dont watch and don't care about. I was scared when the press conference started. I waited so long to see Marty find out the truth. Turns out she still didn't. Ha ha on me. You think I'd learn by now not to expect any movement of the story until the very last minute of the episode. John crashing through the window and the look on Marty's face had me ROFL though.

Aunt Shelley

Aunt Shelley

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 11:11 PM

FitYaYa pretty much covered it. In the Todd/Dr. Joplin scene, we found out Janet was hiding in Joplin's office with the baby. (I was wondering exactly how they would pull that off.) Also, "Bess", using the most hilariously robotic "Jess" voice ever, called the hospital to see if Starr had her baby yet. And John of the Jungle was amazingly awkward busting into that window. I'm surprised Marty didn't crack up.

I liked how it took all of Charlie's strength to slooowly slide the bookcase over, but we have repeatedly seen Tess move that thing back and forth practically with her little finger. And poor Bree just kept screaming and crying during that basement scene, I guess the actress was really "in character" and worried about that bomb blowing up her aunt and grandma.

So to those people who missed the last 10 minutes, you're lucky. At least that will be somewhat recapped on Monday. I missed the first 15 minutes of OLTL because of Obama. Can anyone tell me what happened then? They joined the show with Todd and Marty still in bed (ew) and he says "What have I done?"

BTW, I am with you, idledandy, and your hope for a non-pre-empting candidate. Actually, that should be a law. No messing up the soaps for speeches. Breaking news, okay, but speeches? No.

JessicaLovejoy

JessicaLovejoy

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 11:12 PM

I'm trying to understand how all of his feelings of guilt are eradicated by sleeping with Marty.

It will all become clear once you sleep with Marty.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2008 @ 11:36 PM

Not for me.

I'm done with this show.

Todd and Marty sleeping together (and whoever called this another form of rape is absolutely right) is just about the most offensive, repulsive thing ever.

I haven't been watching much anyway, thanks to the 2PM Law and Order reruns on TNT, but with this, I'm done. I got into this soap 16 years ago, being too lazy to turn off the TV after All My Children was done, and I've watched through highs and lows, even though my viewing dropped off considerably during medical school (something about studying 24/7), and I've ridden out some pretty lousy points during those 16 years.

No more. I don't think I'll watch a single episode of this show again.

FitYaYa

FitYaYa

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 12:13 AM

John of the Jungle

*kicks self* Why didn't I think of that? That's perfect.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 3:41 AM

I think Miss Manners says Rape Victims twice over get first dibs.

May be one of the single most inappropriate bursts of laughter I've ever tried to suppress in the middle of the night.

Yeah, why is Todd all giddy and practically ready to swat Marcie on the ass and say "now you just get back on in that room now, and you can raise my granddaughter, girlfriend!"?? I was half afraid he was going to make a go at her, like if things didn't work out with Marty, he could hook up with Marcie and raise his grandchild, and--BONUS!--her name ALMOST sounds the same--Marty, Marcie, close enough. Seriously, what the fuck was that? On the plus side for Marcie, were she not about to have her obviously healthy and not creepy as fuck and nightmare inducing baby replaced with a obviously not healthy and very creepy as fuck and nightmare inducing dead baby by Jess' Botpersonality, she could run over to Michael and tell him "hey, Todd's on board now, so once we get the all clear from the doctors on our daughter, we can take her home and have makeup/we have a new daugther sex all over our crappy apartment that we really do need to move out of since we have a child and you are a doctor. Oh, and by the way, I think he wanted to grab my ass or something, maybe he was drunk?"

As much as I hate SexyTimes with Your GangRapist, is it wrong that all I could think at the end was "I hope Todd sues John for breaking his window like that"? Interesting, though, that of the calls John made, one was to Blair. The call to Michael was to advise him not to cover for him when the police came asking about him, the call to Bo was to apologize for his actions, but the call to Blair was just a "sorry I was so distracted, I didn't even ask how you were doing." That's so not a John type of thing to do, especially when he's heavily involved in a case, and you'd expect him to be so focused on Marty right now. It would actually be different and more interesting if John rescued Marty and didn't get involved with her, but was so obsessive about wanting to rescue her because he felt partly responsible for what happened to her, and because he feels for Cole, having lost a parent at a young age, himself (I know, it's shocking to hear John lost a parent, it's not like we ever hear about McDeaddy). Also, once he started suspecting she was the woman in Todd's house, well, anyone would get their sense of moral outrage going over that scenario--a woman being held (you'd assume, since you don't know she has amnesia, and can't imagine she'd willingly stay) in her rapist's house.

Oh, wait, back to Todd being at the hospital, when the "the baby died" bomb gets dropped, I so, so NEED for Blair to be like "oh, no he did NOT!" and go flying out to find Todd. Especially now that she's heard Todd gave Marcie a "pep talk" and sent her back into the room with Starr and Blair. And I wonder what exactly Todd plans on telling Marty now that he's decided not to steal the baby. I guess he can just go with a "she took one look at the baby after she delivered her and decided she couldn't part with her and wanted to raise her herself," kind of story, but you'd think Todd would be all worried about breaking Marty's heart now, since she's all hyped up about raising this baby and having this happy little family with her rapist and the baby he stole for them. And are we supposed to believe he's genuinely in love with her? I seriously think that's creepier than that doll they used as Jess' dead baby. (We'll see which I have more nightmares about -- Tarty SexyTimes, or the dead Jash baby.)

Tina was awesome, though. Loved her wide-eyed innocence at Llanfair. "Why would she do that?" "Oh, you mean like a secret room!" And then she waltzes over and picks the lock. Then they're downstairs trying to figure out where the room is, and she's hanging out by the pantry shelf trying to figure out how to lead them to it. I love how she hasn't thrown in the towel yet despite the fact that Natalie knows she's known about it and once they're rescued her cover's blown. She's playing it out to the end while still helping. "Oh, hey, look at these scuff marks." And then subtly hitting the speaker button while the chaos ensued so they could hear Natalie and Jared.

Oh, and because it deserves mentioning, hello, Cain's bare upper body.

doriansgirl

doriansgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 4:08 AM

BTW, I am with you, idledandy, and your hope for a non-pre-empting candidate. Actually, that should be a law. No messing up the soaps for speeches. Breaking news, okay, but speeches? No.

Except half the time there is no real breaking news. The last preempt was because the economic stimulus package passed in Congress. It wasn't as if at that moment we could all go out and get a mortgage again.

I haven't watched Friday and don't know if I am going to. Seeing Jean again, knowing that there is another Jess alter is just too much. To save money, ABCD can just have ES and BW play dozens of different characters. Who needs other actors? I'm feeling bitter because RS says on her hotline that even though her new contract is through 2009, she doesn't know if it will be extended beyond that. OLTL could lose one of the greatest actors they've ever had and I'd be stuck with FF and her damn glossed lips of love that have stayed true for 10 years.

I am disguted that Todd was remembering the rape. Although I saw it not as something he needed to get turned on, but just remembering what he did to Marty.

I liked Dorian and Viki at the hospital. Best line of the week, "It's been my blessing and my curse to know when there is a problem with you."

Despite hating the Sole baby SL, Starr's freakout in delivery on Thursday was great. "I want to go home." I know grown women who've given birth who've said the same thing. Did Marcie call her a rock star?

I hated that Vik's still on the, "You're responsible for Nash's death kick" though. Now that poor Jared and Natalie have been "tortured" everyone will give them a monumental pass on what they did to lead up to Clint losing the company and Nash dieing.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 5:59 AM

ABC's Hotsheet Teaser For The Coming Week

Gun wielding Marty reunites with Cole and learns the truth about Todd! Will she shoot him? Plus: Baby switch!
You've waited for months for this bomb to drop: John tries to convince amnesiac Marty that she has a son, Cole, and that Todd -- the man she thinks is her friend -- actually raped her years ago. With a gun pointed at John, Marty demands answers from Todd. He admits to everything, describing his long and destructive history with Marty, including her rape. She turns the gun on Todd. Will Marty shoot him or will her reunion with Cole stop her? Plus: "Bess" switches Starr's child with Jessica's stillborn baby, and only she knows the truth. But then this new alter ego disappears. How can the truth ever come out now?

ETA: Michael Eaton is appearing on "The View" November 14th.

Edited by ByTheWay, Nov 8, 2008 @ 6:30 AM.

Bill C

Bill C

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 7:33 AM

I'm willing to accept John laying the smackdown on Todd's candy ass over Marty. I'm not ecstatic about it, but I'm okay with it...they have to pimp JOHN MCBAAAIIIIN (sing along, kids: o/` A real American hero! John McBain is there!) somehow, right? Ideally, though, if Marty's going to be packing a gun when she finally finds out what's what then she should wing him (a couple of times) or at least attempt to do so in the middle of all this. (My first thought was "bullet to the groin," but that'd be far beyond the pale for a non-GH soap.)

TonyG

TonyG

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 9:55 AM

Since when is an OB/GYN a neonatologist and also a Pediatrician?

And one who also says "di-A-lated" instead of "dilated."

BourgeoisNerd, I want to marry you (but not in California) for the Small Wonder reference. If I remember correctly*, that horrible little robot could perfectly mimic - record and play back - other people's voices, and Bess doing Jess on the phone captured that perfectly.

I kinda enjoyed yesterday's show, though I may be in the minority of late. Creepy Bess and baby, creepy Todd at the hospital, John arming himself to the teeth, and we've only got 10 minutes to save Llanfair.

*This in no ways proves that I ever watched Small Wonder.

vildachaia

vildachaia

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2008 @ 10:21 AM

I saw the last 10 minutes - quite possibly the funniest stuff on TV. Between Robin John and his merry rope, and and RobotVickiBess in her Sally Jesse Raphael** glasses, its a shoe in for best UCG.

*This in no ways proves that I ever watched Small Wonder.

**Me either. And the fact that Bess' glasses reminded me of Sally Jesse Raphael in no way proves that I know who she is, wore anything like them, or saw them in 20 year old pictures of me posted to facebook.

Edited by vildachaia, Nov 8, 2008 @ 10:22 AM.