One Life to Live

• Please log in to reply

127156 replies to this topic

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:26 PM

"We're going about this all wrong. This Mr. Stay Puft is okay. He's a sailor, he's in New York. We get this guy laid, we won't have any trouble."

BWAHAHAHA! Oh, I must watch that again tonight. I thought that Gozer was the Traveller, and the Destroyer and the Destructor were just different names. "Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, [indecipherable Sumerian]...the Traveller has come." And earlier in the movie Egon refers to Gozer as 'Gozer the Traveller.'

Ever notice the symbolism with Zuul and Vince Klortho? The Gatekeeper and the Keymaster? *snicker*

Uh...duh. hee hee.

Topic!

Uh, re:OLTL - I would wager that the Gozer perp is one of two men, Todd and Rapist X, if we weren't about to possibly have that tossed out the window on Friday. I find it highly unlikely right now that she isn't going to fuck Kevin. There's a slim chance, but we will know after Friday, so I can't necessarily wager on that. I do no longer think this will come out to Todd Raped Blair. They are simply not that stupid. I think there is something else. A third man, a second man, something. I've always said that whether or not it was Todd who did the deed I thought this SL had such potential (though that would be the most nihilistic route possible) , and I still think so.

And yes I'm a stupidly stubborn glittery-winged fairy of optimism in the face of Gozer. But there you are... I simply cannot believe that anyone would be so blatantly stupid as to destroy a long-lived, popular couple that they've worked so hard to re-establish with a recast, and alienate a deeply wounded yet loyal fanbase as well.

Funny, I thought I was the Glittery Fairy of Optimism. ;) But ITA.

T&B may not be as popular or newfangled as they used to be - many people have gotten tired and bored (I should know, I've been there before, and I am pretty neutral about couples) . But they still have fans, even casual ones, and most notably:they're one of ABC's only remaining former cash cow couples at OLTL. And however that makes you or I feel about originality or new story or whatever, I think that ABC Daytime is neither stupid - or daring - enough to completely nuke them.

Also, I think this story could be amazing.

Edited by jase-bot, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:28 PM.

mr.simpatico

mr.simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:26 PM

About Gozer Frons may be stupid and in love with rape storylines but I doubt Malone is even if he hates T+B. TSJ is probably the best recast the show has had in years and is most probably the show's top male lead now. The recast also allows TPTB to do things with Todd that RH would never allow them to do. A sort of clean slate (almost) for the character. Todd is a rapist - a convicted one - they can't avoid the issue like they did with Luke on GH and never admit it was rape for 20 years or so. If they have the character rape again he is basically finished as anything other than a villian ala Mitch or Victor Lord. The only way Gozer works is if the audience knows 100% that Todd is the innocent party and that Blair not knowing who raped her or not remembering much of her encounter (whatever it may be) points the finger at Todd. Todd is arrested, put on trial, the whole bit - its Marty redux except this time he's innocent. Blair has already made warning - in today's show- about him not touching her - and she's willing to sleep with Kevin to get back at Todd - I can see her not knowing what happened and instantly blaming Todd. When the truth does come out - after Todd has been through so much - Blair has finally had her ultimate piece of flesh and the can get back together or else they can finally split apart and move on seperately with Todd retaining his anti-hero status. That's the only way I can see things shaking down.

Although how all this effects Starr will be a story in itself. If Gozer does not turn out to be Todd indeed raping Blair this will propel her into her Daddy's arms forever more. She won't buy anything anyone says about Todd (that she doesn't know already) after that.

And if Todd and Blair do split up - do you think there's any chance they might cast Rebecca (used to be played by Mrs.Soul Patch on 24 right?). I've been doing a little research on the years I missed on this show and I can't see aside from Blair and Tea (did they ever actually have sex?) Todd having any relationships with any woman since the rape. Todd is very insecure. I think the only realistic love interest for the character would be someone he's had previous feeling for and with Blair out I don't see someone.

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:41 PM

Frons may be stupid and in love with rape storylines but I doubt Malone is even if he hates T+B.

A lot of people have over the years accused Malone of glorifying rape, most particularly a friend/scoopster who never saw his first run at OLTL and condemned him for the apparently slipshod rape SL he did during his disastrous run at Another World (on that show, police officer Toni Burrell was raped by a fellow cop) . I think it's a fair question. The man comes from Southern gothic, writes Southern gothic for a living, and knows every inch of Gone With The Wind. But I also saw Marty Saybrooke, and I believe he knew it was a violation on every level and he knew it was wrong, and that Todd was as well. Has he used it too much, maybe, did he make a horrible mistake in proposing Todd/Marty, absolutely. But I don't think he is into rape beyond what it means to these characters. I assure you there are some female soap writers who love it even more, have used it constantly (not just McTrash) . And I really don't buy that he hates T&B. You can make a case for it, sure - I talked about it a few pages up. But he's adapted before when something takes off without him expecting it. I don't think he has any hatred for the couple. Also worth note is, these are both his characters. He created them. The way I'm looking at it maybe unfolding now, Gozer is his way of really revisiting all their history, together and separate.

Now watch it be March and I'm terribly, horribly wrong.

That's the only way I can see things shaking down.

ITA.

Although how all this effects Starr will be a story in itself.

Oh, that will be amazing. KA and KdP were on fire the other day. I really thought a) Starr was going to call her a bitch and b) Blair was going to hit her - and I wouldn't've totally minded that (I didn't when Dru backhanded Lily on Y&R either) .

And if Todd and Blair do split up - do you think there's any chance they might cast Rebecca (used to be played by Mrs.Soul Patch on 24 right?).

Yes, Rebecca was played by the amazing and talented Reiko Aylesworth, who is still kicking ass on 24 (go Michelle!) . I highly doubt Rebecca will be back. I said the other day that I felt Marty has little purpose to return beyond a short-term SL with Todd and co, and I feel Rebecca would have even less potential. Her story is just done. I adored Rebecca and I wish she could've stayed, and if she had back then things would be different, but I think things are too different now.

I've been doing a little research on the years I missed on this show and I can't see aside from Blair and Tea (did they ever actually have sex?)

Debatable, but I think yes - there was exactly one instance during the unfortunate island story last year where they got naked and headed into the sea. The scene ended with them in a loving embrace, kissing like mad. I absolutely think they had sex.

I think the only realistic love interest for the character would be someone he's had previous feeling for and with Blair out I don't see someone.

I had a bizarre choice (preexisting character) that was my sort of pseudo-Rebecca, but it would also be absolutely horrible (not Marty horrible, but) .

Edited by jase-bot, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:43 PM.

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:43 PM

I thought that Gozer was the Traveller, and the Destroyer and the Destructor were just different names. "Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, [indecipherable Sumerian]...the Traveller has come."

Oh, shit, that's right. I'd forgotten that part. It's been a while since I've seen the thing (even though I obviously have large chunks of it memorized). As someone noted upthread, Gozer can be "whatever it wants to be." So apparently, Gozer can be a giant marshmallow, a flattopped supermodel and J. Edgar Hoover. "I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

Edited by kariyaki, Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:44 PM.

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 7:45 PM

(even though I obviously have large chunks of it memorized)

You and me both, sister.

So apparently, Gozer can be a giant marshmallow, a flattopped supermodel and J. Edgar Hoover. "I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational thought."

"So if I think of J. Edgar Hoover, J. Edgar Hoover will appear and destroy us!"

And now, the motherlode - detailed spoilage for Gozer from SID by way of Soapzone, that place of places:

"All hell breaks loose this week when Blair tells police that Todd raped her.

Dorian Gets a Shock

After finding her bruised and battered niece, Dorian presses Blair for information about what happened. In the wake of Blair's relunctant confession that Todd raped her, Dorian insists they go to the hospital for a full exam. With proof in hand that Blair did, in fact, have intercourse, Dorian presses her niece to go the police and file a complaint.

Ironically, as Blair is filing formal charges against her husband, Todd is hoping for a reconciliation, and stops by Viki's. After sharing his version of what transpired that fateful night, he is stunned when he learns of the charges against him. And across town Kevin is furious when he finds out what Blair has been through. Paraphrased from the second source:(SOD says that all viewers see is T&B go up the stairs. They also say there will be a trial.)

Part 2 - A Heated Battle

Left reeling, Todd turns to Kelly and asks if Kevin might have pushed Blair to take such shocking action, swearing up and down that he is innocent.
When Blair arrives at Llanfair to pick up Starr, she refuses to go with her mom. Viki takes Blair aside to get to the bottom of things, but Blair sticks to her story. Unfortunately, things get even more complicated when Todd arrives at the mansion, leading to a bitter argument between the husband and wife.

Todd Is Arrested

Viki tries convincing Todd that the best thing he can do is turn himself in. But soon, Nora arrives with the results of the rape kit, which show that Blair did have sex, but also indicate that she was with TWO different men! As Todd is arrested, Nora warns Blair that this won't be an easy fight, as her reputation is sure to be muddied in court. But an undaunted Blair sticks to her guns determined to see Todd punished!

The Truth Is Out There

Next week, Blair finds herself in the awkward position of trying to explain what happened to her daughter. As Nora prepares her case, Viki becomes determined to find out what really happened."

I'm not going to lie about my feelings:this all sounds awesome. I notice that they don't say she slept with Kevin. This is all very curious to me. We'll know Friday whether or not she did. I'll be surprised if she doesn't. But I don't think Todd raped her. And I think the fallout with Starr will be incredible. And putting Nora into this is brilliant. Just brilliant.

Gozer, ah wuvvv yoooo!!!

Edited by jase-bot, Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:11 PM.

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:58 PM

Those spoilers are a little reassuring. It seems like Blair out of anger and confusion with a fuzzy memory, accuses Todd. We all the know the standard rule of drama the first person accused is not guilty, so it's cliche but for once I hope the writers go with that cliche and Todd didn't do it.

Grinaldi

Grinaldi

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:34 PM

Re: Gozer The Nora angle is perfect. If, and I have to go under this assumption, Todd is 100% innocent then Nora is put back in the middle, probably holding the case in her hands. She wants to put Todd away for Marty and for what he did to her (especially for that) yet she will suspect he is innocent. Now what they need to do is bring Hank back as the defense council and I'm very happy. And I will forgive Blair for this because it is the only thing she could do to him that would compare with what he did to her. She lost a child and then he made her think it happened again. And now he is being accused of rape again, this time as an innocent but one who everyone assumes is guilty. Brilliant.

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:53 PM

Now what they need to do is bring Hank back as the defense council and I'm very happy.

That? Would be so awesome.

They mentioned Hank today and several times recently, I've been curious if we might be seeing him soon. I love Hank and think Nathan Purdee's IRL persona should've blended into the character a bit more, get people interested in him (Nathan P. is a artist and photographer in his spare time; his work is very erotic and dark) . Give Hank some gray areas and let him start getting some ladies. I love both brothers, which is why I've always wanted OLTL to let Hank go a little dark while R.J. gets some happiness and continues to legitimize himself. Hank as Todd's defense attorney would be fascinating.

KerleyQ

KerleyQ

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:05 PM

I can totally get behind RJ and Lindsay. I would love them together.

If I wasn't so damn sure that the mext MBK victim was Gabrielle (sniff) the previews they keep running about the MBK would have me giggling with glee. They keep saying the next victim is "someone you love." When I think about who they seem to think we "love" I think Huffy or the Jenbot. And really, if it'd make them kill them off, I'm prepared to write many a fan letter for those two.

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:40 PM

When I think about who they seem to think we "love" I think Huffy or the Jenbot. And really, if it'd make them kill them off, I'm prepared to write many a fan letter for those two.

Fantastic idea! Let's do it. The theory is that they read online message boards and do the exact opposite of whatever people want.

So bring it on! More Jen! More Antonio! Better yet, get them together and have them move to Nebraska.

mr.simpatico

mr.simpatico

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 10:49 PM

Now what they need to do is bring Hank back as the defense council and I'm very happy.

That would be a very smart move but since its Frons we're talking about here he'll go with the cheaper (purse wise for ABC) move and let Evangeline do it.

As for more Gozer thoughts I can't help but think that this story will do more than anything else to boomerang on almost every major character on the scene since he deals with Cramers and Lords and almost every character new and old will have some kind of connection there. I full expect Vicki, Starr and maybe Jessica (but she doesn't know Walker is Todd yet does she?) to be the only ones supporting Todd. Everyone else loathes him - yes even St.Nora (with good reason). If it's as I assume - he's not guilty at all - when the truth comes out the sanctimonious folks of Llanview will have to acknowledge just this once they were wrong about Todd. I think it will be very difficult for Kevin, Nora, Bo, Dorian to eat their pride. Especially Blair - up until this point she's had a point in what Todd has done to her including the whole Jack fiasco - but accusing of him of the one thing he's most sensitive about - rape - may destroy him. He even went to Ireland and almost died to make amends to Marty and IIRC Blair hated the fact that Marty used the power of Todd's remorse over him to do what she wanted. Many things Todd is - but repentent and guilt-ridden about what he did to Marty is at the top of it. To have him sit through a trial accused of raping the mother of his children may be even too much for Blair's sense of revenge when the truth (about his innocence) is revealed. Not to mention that Starr may see the issue in black and white and has another of her mother's schemes. Todd might be willing to call it a truce at the end (realizing Blair was raped by someone) but not Starr.This may a horrible storyline or it might be a great one - its a very thing edge depending on how it plays out

PunkyMouse

PunkyMouse

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 11:49 PM

If the rape kit indicates that Blair had sex with two different men, it also begs the question... why the hell does no one sell fucking condoms in Llanview?

Happy New Year!!

jenmarie

jenmarie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:37 AM

I thought of some more SL possibilites regarding the aftermath of Gozer: Todd will be accused and thrown in jail, so his attorney will likely be Vangie. Sorry Hank supporters, but she is the current Defender of All Llanviewites. She'll probably enlist the help Antonio to prove Todd's innocence, and Lois Lame will help too because she'll want to save her Uncle Todd(which she does not know about yet, and she will probably find out who Walker really is after he's arrested for raping Blair).

TSJ wanted a story with TS right? Todd and R.J. could work together on it, assuming Todd is out on bail. Maybe they could show R.J. having residual guilt over putting one innocent man in jail and will offer to help clear Todd. Then they would have Todd, RJ and Antonio working together along with Lois Lame. Todd and Antonio hate each other, RJ and Antonio hate each other, but they have to work together. Jess might enlist Natalie to help save their uncle, but Natalie still being angry at Todd kidnapping her and nearly getting her and Cristian killed during the whole Mitch episode won't do it. That creates a rift between those two.

Maybe Rae or Bo could suggest that Blair talk to Marcie about being attacked. Both are different types of attacks but both are extremely traumatizing. I still don't think that Marcie fully dealt with the trauma of her attack, because immediately after it happened Al died so it was pushed to the back of her mind. Then there would be a perfect oppurtunity for two characters who never have scenes together to interact.

The only thing I don't want to see, which is inevitable is Kevin acting morally superior to Todd, which I know is coming.

I swear I will stop speculating about Gozer. It's hard though, because the possibilities this SL will create are endless.

Edited by jenmarie, Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:44 AM.

blixie2

blixie2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:54 AM

Happy New Year Y'all! The year we elect Howard Dean as POTS. Whoo.

I thought that Gozer was the Traveller, and the Destroyer and the Destructor were just different names.

Right that's what I thought, except I've consulted with my brother, who is 27 and *still* an official Ghostbuster (he has a membership card people). He claims Gozer and The Destructor/Traveler are two different entities! Bah, I'll believe it when I hear it from Harold Ramis. ;)

Our own little prehistoric bitch of a spoiler is starting to look more like not quite so bad. I'm still fairly nervous hidey-hole about it and I'll really need them to unequivically show Todd is innocent at some point even it it's the end point, but if that's made clear than the rest could be *great* ripping them down to build them up story. I'm still wondering about Kevin's angle in all this, I still want it to be *him* to attack her for the symmetry of Marty/Todd, and because his character can take a hit like this and recover, hells Asa's walking around without any kind of fallout at all save Blair's loathing. To be raped by his grand son all these years later? Wah. Yeah I'm still in Egypt friends.

Anway yay for glittery fair dust!

Sharon

Sharon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 1:55 AM

Can any longtime viewer answer this question? Why does Dorian over-ennuciate all of the Hispanic names on the show? Car-LOAT-Ta, Cris-TEE-Ann, etc. I can't help but crack up whenever she does, but I'm wondering if there is an historical explanation.

cathy51

cathy51

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:04 AM

I'm still wondering about Kevin's angle in all this, I still want it to be *him* to attack her for the symmetry of Marty/Todd, and because his character can take a hit like this and recover

It also brings in another little Marty/Kevin parallel - when she mistakenly accused him of being one of the rapists along with Todd, Powell and the other guy, whose name I've forgotten. Wonder if they'll have Kevin or someone else - maybe Viki - bring that up?

DustyMama

DustyMama

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:35 AM

Sharon,

SOD recently had an item from RS about Dorian's "accents." Basically, RS explained that she blieves Dorian thinks she's better at languages than she actually is, hence the over-enunciation.

RE: "Gozer" - Loving everyone's spec, and wish I can add to it, but I can't think of any ideas that would top yours. Here's hoping that some of your ideas actually turn out to be true, because then it might actually be tolerable.

Happy new year, everyone!

Irlandesa

Irlandesa

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:40 AM

Well, I guess that clears things up...sort of. I do have some major problems with everything that is happening though.

For instance, I see a lot of relief about what it means for Todd, but I never even worried that he'd actually be guilty. I do worry, however, about how this looks for Blair. Intentionally crying rape is horribly cruel but I don't think she'll do that but I don't see another foray into crazy/confusion land as being all that much better.

I was hoping for the no sex with Kev, Todd sex and Raper X scenario, but I'm having my doubts. Blair doesn't seem to be affected by the two men rape kit results. Therefore, I'm guessing she sleeps with Kevin so she'd expect his DNA to be there.

The more I think about it, the more this could be a horribly humiliating story for Blair. She had sex with her cousin's husband, for which she'll be torn apart over in court, she thinks she was raped by Todd and then everything will be cleared up and she'll realize she was confused? Forget Todd, I'm highly concerned for Blair right now.

Either way, those flashbacks are going to be mighty interesting to ses what transpires upstairs between T&B.

I also think that we'll probably be left with doubts about what happened exactly between Kevin and Blair.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:41 AM

Basically, RS explained that she blieves Dorian thinks she's better at languages than she actually is, hence the over-enunciation.

That's so Dorian. I love RS.

blixie2

blixie2

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 11:30 AM

The more I think about it, the more this could be a horribly humiliating story for Blair. She had sex with her cousin's husband, for which she'll be torn apart over in court, she thinks she was raped by Todd and then everything will be cleared up and she'll realize she was confused? Forget Todd, I'm highly concerned for Blair right now.

Well sure, of course I'm concerned about Blair, but being humiliated doesn't make her unviable as a character or T/B unviable as a couple, especially if she was well and truly raped by either Kevin or assaillant X. If Todd raped blair game over for Todd Manning as a viable character on the canvas for me, and obviously T and B would be toast. I'm much more comfortable with Todd being innocent and Blair being vengeful and/or confused about the sequence of events and who attacked her.

My own preference horribly cruel as it may be is that she's intentionally doing this( and I'd also perfer she actually was raped by someone not Todd), but I am not convinced that's what they're going for. I have no idea WHAT they're going for and that could be great or it could be awful. But I'll watch and make up my own mind as it goes along.

Oy I hate to have an all spoiler post: RJ and Lindsey are hot.

MsBernadette

MsBernadette

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 2:37 PM

Such as life - I guess we'll be treated to more evidence that Todd and Blair are the ideal in romance. I was hoping this thing would put an end to the pairing. Darn it.

In the meantime there is always sexy Rexy!

idledandy

idledandy

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 5:09 PM

The only way I can get behind Gozer is if Todd absolutely, unequivocally DID rape Blair. That's the only way the show could ever apologize to women the world over for making a rapist the romantic lead: saying, "Yeah, we fucked up. Sex offenders don't change."

It shouldn't just be women who have been raped who are offended by this character. Every woman who has ever taken a self-defense class or held her car key like a dagger while walking in a parking lot after dark should be offended by this character. Yet people on this board lurrrve Todd and hate Kevin.

What has Kevin done? OK, he's coveted a woman other than his wife, and he was a jerk about that in the beginning. Still, he did not sleep with Blair until after he commenced the divorce. He protected his wife even though it meant not telling Blair about Todd. He's also shown integrity in his political career, firing Asa for his dirty tricks and not staying in a loveless marriage for the sake of his ambition.

Compare to Todd: guilty of gang-rape; let "woman he loves" believe her baby had died; let "woman he loves" believe she'd witness a murder and her life was in danger; repeatedly tried to kidnap his children; shot Christian; let Nora languish in Colin's captivity; trapped Will in a box and shipped him across the Atlantic; pretended to be someone else. He makes endless promises to Blair and then turns vicious on her every time he gets jealous, or even when she calls him on what he has done!

I will never understand why anyone likes Todd. I'm as much a fan of flawed hero/ines as anyone, but there are limits. It's not like he's been a saint since the rape. He's been a vicious, sadistic liar. I was thrilled when Roger Haworth left. I was disgusted when I realized Walker was Todd. I still hold out hope that he's actually a clever impostor.

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:34 PM

Yet people on this board lurrrve Todd and hate Kevin.

Well, I hate a lot of things about Kevin (the Cassie/Barbara business, stealing Kelly from Joey, etc) but I can no longer totally hate him now that he's played by the scrumptious Dan Gauthier, who I think is not only hot-ass-hot but has done wonders with the character. So no, I do not hate Kevin. As for the rest of it, I really don't feel qualified to comment. I just thought I'd make a shallow, immature note about how wonderful I think yummy DG is.

Ahem.

ncgal

ncgal

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:40 PM

Yet people on this board lurrrve Todd and hate Kevin

Not this person. I absolutely despise the character of Todd.

For the life of me I'll never understand the fascination with Todd. He used CJ and Sara much as he's presently using his own daughter. His wants and desires are all important and to hell with anyone else's desires, even the "love of his life". I too enjoy flawed and complex characters and persons but Todd is one character whose time has run. TPTB took him too far years ago. His relationship with Blair is beyond abusive and co-dependent.

And yes I love the character of Kevin.

clearwaves

clearwaves

Fanatic

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:47 PM

Well, I hate a lot of things about Kevin (the Cassie/Barbara business, stealing Kelly from Joey, etc) but I can no longer totally hate him now that he's played by the scrumptious Dan Gauthier, who I think is not only hot-ass-hot but has done wonders with the character. So no, I do not hate Kevin. As for the rest of it, I really don't feel qualified to comment. I just thought I'd make a shallow, immature note about how wonderful I think yummy DG is.

Nothing against the actor.

I don't like Kevin being all over Blair. I don't like this Kelly stuff either. Obviously, she depends on Kevin and doesn't realize that there are fireworks between them anymore. Kevin is (sadly) in love with Blair. As with Blair crying rape from Todd.  Where is the network going with this???  I don't see where this story-line would take it.  Now, some of the posts I read said that she believe it was rape and that Todd wasn't sure that consensual or not.  I'm just inclined to think this is doa plot twist.

As for the MBK thing,If any character should be killed off it would be Jenbot (I mean seriously, I can't stand her.  First she marries Rex out of spur of the moment, then divorces him to be with Joey and now she is cheating on Joey with Rex...girl you got issues!).  They can't kill off Bo if they kill off Gabby.  Plus, the killer is going after women not men. Flash is leaving, but doubt she is the victim.  No point in Killing of Nora.  I don't think that Natalie and Jessica will be offed either.  I actually like Jess and Antonio.  Too bad about Gabby though. 
As for who this killer is, is that all signs point to Troy.  But then, it could be someone else.  I'm not sure about Rae being the killer.  It could be a woman or man.  But if you look at Troy in some scenes, he has some hearts on his neck. 

Sorry for being redundant.

Edited by clearwaves, Jan 1, 2004 @ 6:49 PM.

MsBernadette

MsBernadette

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:04 PM

Yet people on this board lurrrve Todd and hate Kevin.

Not this person. I absolutely despise the character of Todd.

For the life of me I'll never understand the fascination with Todd. He used CJ and Sara much as he's presently using his own daughter. His wants and desires are all important and to hell with anyone else's desires, even the "love of his life". I too enjoy flawed and complex characters and persons but Todd is one character whose time has run. TPTB took him too far years ago. His relationship with Blair is beyond abusive and co-dependent.

And yes I love the character of Kevin.

Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not alone on TWOP. I've been afraid to post my feelings about Todd and Blair, but not any more. Cheers and hopeful prayers to ABC coming clean on this terrible relationship.

Edited by MsBernadette, Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:04 PM.

WTHL

WTHL

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:20 PM

I started watching this show before the Buchanans were even characters and I don't know what the big deal is with Todd and Blair. I guess I can't get excited about a rapist and a tramp (plus I can't stand when she sings- sounds like she's on Star Search).

Does anyone remember who the Dr. was that kidnapped Karen W.?

jase-bot

jase-bot

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:20 PM

TWOP is a very friendly place. You can like whoever you like, dislike whoever - we're not psychopaths, like some soap fans out there who just get off fighting. A lot of people here do like Todd and Blair but it doesn't mean we're going to begrudge you if you don't. And even if I disagree with ncgal about Kevin a lot, it doesn't mean I don't respect the hell out of her. You don't have to be afraid to say anything.

So, hi.

hartlei

hartlei

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:22 PM

Holy gozer, you people have been posting a lot! Or it at least feels that way, having just caught up on so many pages. I have so much to comment on, and yell about, and cry, and argue, and DENY, but alas, I have OD'd on Lazy. Also, I hate to be redundant and repeat things that were already said . . .

Pretty much, if you put a little sticky note that says Hartlei over every post recently made by Dandesun, I think I'll have said all I really need to say. Thanks for being my OLTL thought twin, Dandesun!

Edited by hartlei, Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:23 PM.

ncgal

ncgal

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 7:26 PM

I think that it was Dr. Ivan Kippling