More AI in the Media

• Please log in to reply

11324 replies to this topic

denimsky

denimsky

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2014 @ 6:04 PM

Randy's two episodes for the mentoring/workshop are not going to be so bad after all.  Look at the picture that got put out today of who is taping on at least one episode-

http://instagram.com/p/jwxW2yGQBm/#

The one-in-a-million Adam Lambert and the successful rocker Chris Daughtry!  Whatever episodes that Adam is in on American Idol- it's always just wonderful!  So hopefully, a lot of Adam to take away from the pain of Randy!

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 2:56 AM

For fans of Jessica Bassett (the girl who sang an original song in Salt Lake City and, in a move that outraged many, didn't make it to Hollywood), Ellen invited her onto her show and is making that song available for download on iTunes! It was just as good as the day she auditioned and she was so polished too, you really see star potential in her. So I'm actually kind of happy for her that they cut her; it may have given her more publicity than if she made it through.

Lolita Swann

Lolita Swann

Fanatic

Posted Feb 9, 2014 @ 12:05 PM

Kworb.net is estimating about 9k in sales this week for her. Unless the song goes somewhere, that should represent a high % of her total sales.

Dunno what % is going to her directly, but I suppose that's okay for a nobody.

Bastille

Bastille

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 7:57 PM

Tiquila speaks out on what really happened in Hollywood! (Kidding. It's a very tame article, but I think I may have a future in sensational journalism.) 

http://www.journalno...1a4bcf6878.html

A little more detail on Keith London's controversial "If I Were A Boy":  

http://www.buzzfeed....-coming-out-gay

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Feb 11, 2014 @ 11:25 PM

Rush Week and the return of Randy.

“Hollywood” Round Continues Wednesday, February 12;

Semi-Finalists Revealed and America to Vote on Final Contestant to Join Top 30 

Thursday, February 13

Top Girls Perform on Tuesday, February 18;

Top Guys Perform on Wednesday, February 19;

Wild Card Round and Top 13 Finalists Chosen, Thursday, February 20, on FOX

There will be a Top Ten by votes, and 3 Wild Cards, presumably one from each judge.

And if some of you were mad about the bus, you're not going to like this development either:

In a new twist, not all 30 singers will get to perform, as the judges – Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. – will choose only whom they think are worthy of America’s vote, leaving some packing their bags before they get a chance to sing.

Phan

Phan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 14, 2014 @ 10:41 AM

Apparently, 5 will get cut from each side before they sing. Damn it show, the drama is absolutely needless and you have two hours. You can easily showcase all 15 and then do the cut.

Kromm

Kromm

Fanatic

Posted Feb 15, 2014 @ 7:03 PM

It's STILL not clear what the hell Randy is doing.  Does the show think that's a GOOD thing, people wondering how much he could mess this up?

Maybe its my biases, but I found even the 2 minutes we got of him "visiting" with the judges in Hollywood painful.  He just came off like the stupid parrot he always does, tossing out catchphrases and not saying anything of value.

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Feb 18, 2014 @ 1:50 PM

Yahoo! did a report this morning on 13 contestants who were front and center at the auditions and then just disappeared:

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-225308753.html

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 19, 2014 @ 3:21 AM

Yahoo! did a report this morning on 13 contestants who were front and center at the auditions and then just disappeared:

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-225308753.html

Great link. What DID happen to Munfarid?! Oh that's right, he was eaten through that mess of a Hollywood week. This is what happens when they condense all those contestants down to two measly hours and then waste hours on countless filler packages. Ugh.

Interesting though how fast some of these contestants pass through our consciousness.

Edited by niklj, Feb 19, 2014 @ 3:23 AM.

SnarkyTart

SnarkyTart

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 20, 2014 @ 3:53 PM

Thanks for the interesting yahoo tv link.  Now I wish yahoo would do a follow-up and find out what actually did happen to some of these contestants.  Some of the ones they highlight in the article are good enough singers that it's impossible to think they got cut in Hollywood because they couldn't sing well enough.  So what happened to them? 

niklj

niklj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 21, 2014 @ 12:49 AM

Watching tonight's judge's choice made me appreciate this article even more: http://www.rickey.or...blem-editorial/

This really is a pretty cruel season. No wonder they brought in the non-denominational spiritual advisers this year.

ishcabibble

ishcabibble

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 9:33 AM

Cracked.com has a list up today called "Celebrities Who Got Blacklisted for Doing the Right Thing".  Brian Dunkleman appears as the first entry.  There are some interesting anecdotes about what tools Ryan Seacrest and Nigel Lythgoe were (and probably still are).

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Mar 7, 2014 @ 10:14 AM

Sorry. Wrong thread. I'm an idiot.

Edited by ari333, Mar 7, 2014 @ 10:15 AM.

marketdoctor

marketdoctor

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:11 PM

I noticed in the past few weeks, the results seem to have been downplayed in the media.  It used to be Very Big News, but now it's like they're waiting for a frontrunner to emerge.  It might be connected to ratings, or it might be me.

ishcabibble

ishcabibble

Fanatic

Posted Mar 28, 2014 @ 2:34 PM

I noticed in the past few weeks, the results seem to have been downplayed in the media.  It used to be Very Big News, but now it's like they're waiting for a frontrunner to emerge.  It might be connected to ratings, or it might be me.

It may just be because normally there would have been a shock boot by now that would have everyone talking, but this season, I don't know if that's even possible.