Wheel Of Fortune: I'd Like To Buy A Vowel

• Please log in to reply

819 replies to this topic

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 7:12 PM

Oh gee, I thought she was just super nervous and, maybe, a little dim. I thought the selection process weeded out contestants that weren't capable, but I think she slipped through the cracks. When she got that $10K/bankrupt wedge, she announced, "Pat, I came to win!" as she picked up the bankrupt. Didn't she realize what she already had earned?

Her pronunciation of picturesque was one for the books, definitely. I never pay 100 percent attention when I'm in the room with this show on, but I heard her, and I had to stop to look at the puzzle because I knew I had never heard of a word like that. I look at it this way: the lady gave Pat a little excitement in his stage-life because I think most times he seems bored and annoyed.

On another forum someone who was in the audience for yesterday's game said that after Margie picked up the Bankrupt Mystery Wedge, she stepped back and fell off the platform.

It's official -- I'm going to hell. That visual is hilarious.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:01 PM

Pat Sajak admits he used to host the show drunk. I think I'm officially in love with him now.

lulee

lulee

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

the lady gave Pat a little excitement in his stage-life because I think most times he seems bored and annoyed.

Pat Sajak admits he used to host the show drunk.

Maybe he ought to knock back a couple margaritas more often.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 10:22 PM

That's been no secret. It's a known fact.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

Pat Sajak admits he used to host the show drunk.

This is news to me. How hilarious. I think I know the Mexican restaurant he's talking about. It would be great to see an old show where he and Vanna are drunk.

BradyB66

BradyB66

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 7:59 AM

On last night's show when the final puzzle came up and they gave her the R,S,T,L,N, and E, I turned to my parents and said, "Wouldn't it be hysterical if the first word turned out to be the contestant's name?" And then it did! I thought that was priceless!!

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

What was it?

sleekandchic

sleekandchic

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

peeayebee, the contestant's name was Precious and her final puzzle was Precious Cargo. ha!

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 7:43 PM

This guy did not just pick the letters D, C, K, I for his bonus round letters! Hahaha!!!

tricia-j

tricia-j

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 9:41 PM

Bend Over the Rainbow? Really?

lilac2000

lilac2000

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Bend Over the Rainbow? Really?

We were horrified over that too. Not cool, Wheel. Not cool.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:10 AM

What? What was up with that Final Spin Round last night? It seemed weirdly edited. That woman was spouting every word in the dictionary and finally got it when the buzzer rang. Or was that buzzer delayed or fixed? I would have been upset and probably say, "What the hell?" I found that weird on Pat's behalf. He let it slide when the buzzer came and she came up with the correct answer. I was hopping for Pat to say there is still time or something. Or had the rules changed?

Edited by RL1, Apr 11, 2012 @ 6:12 AM.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 8:40 AM

No, that's always the rule for the Final Spin round. You can blather on your guess as many times as you want until the buzzer sounds, and only then is your turn up -- and as long as you start the answer prior to the buzzer, it will still count, which is why what's her name won the round; she managed to get the first word of the puzzle out before the buzzer sounded.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 3:57 PM

Oh! Alright!

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:13 PM

Gee, what was going on with those stage lights when it went completely dark? I would have had a WTF look the whole time that happen...just like that chick had when she was looking at the stage lights.

Edited by RL1, Apr 20, 2012 @ 10:13 PM.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 10:16 PM

The girl corrected Pat on his category list and she said firmly, "Fun and Games"...while he incorrectly said a phrase.

Good Queen Jane

Good Queen Jane

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 8:41 AM

What a delightful winner last night! Not only was crazy good, but he really seemed to have fun. And I loved him introducing his cousin as "adequate."

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 9:57 PM

"Caribbean Queen by Biffy Ocean."

There are no words.

peeayebee

peeayebee

Stalker

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Was it Biffy? I thought she said Bibby. In either case, classic.

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:51 AM

I think it was Biffy. I would argue the point that she couldn't have thought it was Bibby because the B was in the puzzle and not in those spaces, but obviously logic and common sense didn't really apply to this lady. Seriously, even if you'd somehow never heard of the song or the singer, how do you see B I _ _ Y and guess "Biffy" before you'd think of "Billy"? "Biffy" isn't even a name!

Rickster

Rickster

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:13 PM

Biffy" isn't even a name!

Maybe she thought it was the male version of Buffy?

Seriously,that was a classic moment for the archives. I haven't seen the show much lately, but happened to catch this at the gym last night.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 10:50 PM

I knew it was Billy Ocean before the rest of those zombies took their spin around the wheel. I would have sold the puzzle way before her.

SuspiciousMind

SuspiciousMind

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 2:43 PM

I kid you not - in my family, "biffy" means "a bathroom"! I'm really glad I didn't see that particular show, since I would have likely would have laughed so hard I wouldn't be able to make it to the biffy.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.
Final puzzle:

MAG_C _AND

The guy figured out "magic" then tried every other word for the second part before saying "wand" 3 milliseconds after the buzzer. I (and the studio audience) thought it was a gimme! But he botched it, wow!

Edited by Trini Girl, May 16, 2012 @ 12:33 AM.

InDueTime84

InDueTime84

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

Oh. My. Gosh.
Final puzzle:

MAG_C _AND

The guy figured out "magic" then tried every other word for the second part before saying "wand" 3 milliseconds after the buzzer. I (and the studio audience) thought it was a gimme! But he botched it, wow!

I just watched it. When he said "band" and "hand" at first, I thought he was just goofing around. Then, I face palmed when he actually didn't know it.

Edited by InDueTime84, May 15, 2012 @ 7:08 PM.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 9:38 PM

Yeah, that was me and TriniMom's exact reaction.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:11 PM

You can't use your wild card during the Final Spin. Are these college people informed of the rules from the game at all? I just thought to myself, I would have known the rules by now, but that guy seemed clueless throughout the whole run. Especially when he bugged Pat about the Wild Card he had. He was very annoying. But...

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 8:26 AM

That was one of the worst missed gimme puzzles I've seen in a long while. I simply could not believe it. What school was he from? He just might get expelled after this...

BradyB66

BradyB66

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 7:50 AM

Last night's game was just painful. There were so many wrong answers it was embarassing!

S--ER-AN AND W-NDER W--AN

"Superman and Spider Woman" That poor guy from New Jersey will never live that down!

Chicken Wing

Chicken Wing

Fanatic

Posted Jun 6, 2012 @ 11:32 AM

I must have been out of the room during that solve attempt; was it the same guy who kept spinning on the Prize Puzzle even though there were only 2 or 3 blank spaces left and he clearly knew what it was, and landed on Bankrupt as the karma gods demanded?