You know you've been watching too much TAR when...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

297 replies to this topic

ClowingAround

ClowingAround

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 12:59 AM

YKYHBWTMTW: you type the word teeth and you instantly think about the day-glo mouth of Blake.

Bluelena

Bluelena

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2004 @ 11:51 PM

The Bride's mom on My Big Fat whatever the other night was wearing a black sweater with a TAR flag on it. Seriously.

NovacScott

NovacScott

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 9:11 AM

Hmm, I didn't catch that. Must have been because it was only a 5-second clip. Still, I doubt they watch anything other than PBS.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 1:31 AM

Actually, the name of this thread is wrong. Because there's no such thing as too much TAR.

ClowingAround

ClowingAround

Posted Feb 2, 2004 @ 8:32 AM

SVNBob- Good point. I like it:)

raspberrytea

raspberrytea

Fanatic

Posted Feb 20, 2004 @ 11:52 PM

YKYBWTMTARW..... i was just watching david letterman and they had this guy who could balance an envelope on his nose. I shoyed out loud at the tv "Oh i have seen better.." heh.

Ronin47

Ronin47

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 21, 2004 @ 1:18 AM

When you're watching a great movie like Godard's "Breathless" in film class, but your favorite parts (by far) are getting to see the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe!

ClowingAround

ClowingAround

Posted Feb 22, 2004 @ 12:34 PM

When you know all the lines that Phil says to the racers at the start of each race.

Rabrab

Rabrab

Fanatic

Posted Jul 11, 2004 @ 11:36 PM

Bumpity bump, so we can use the right thread, now that we're watching too much, instead of waiting...

When you celebrate because not only have you gotten your sister hooked, but she's gotten her guy hooked, too, and he -hates- Reality TV.

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

• Interests:TV, obviously

Posted Jul 11, 2004 @ 11:37 PM

When you find yourself saying, in Phil voice, at the end of each episode: "Stay tuned (pause) for scenes from our next episode."

pinkgodzilla

pinkgodzilla

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2004 @ 10:00 PM

When in a fit of pique, because you don't want to clean the garage you empty out and count the odd coin cup. While counting said coins you try to sort and count as fast as you can so you can beat the tree, clock and whatever else counters from season 3. (Now I have $93+ to spend on something frivolous. I see a 'God is in the Tub' shirt in my future.)

Puck

Puck

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 13, 2004 @ 11:18 AM

YKYBWTMTARW

...you join TWoP Forums only so you may post to TAR forums (need connection with others obsessed)...

...you see a world almanac and wonder why the teams don't carry one...

...when you buttonhole relatives at at family picnic and tell them they have to start watching TAR, complete with times and station advice...

trishthedish137

trishthedish137

Posted Jul 13, 2004 @ 6:09 PM

...When you get quite excited when you see the word "Amazing" in your Junk Mail folder...But it Turns out to be "amazing Software or amazing boobs.

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 1:27 AM

When you find yourself saying, in Phil voice, at the end of each episode: "Stay tuned (pause) for scenes from our next episode."

God, tonight he did it differently, and I felt like a tool for not being able to say it right along with him. He paused after scenes instead of tuned. Why would he do that to me?

pinkgodzilla

pinkgodzilla

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 2:32 AM

He also didn't have the tuuuuuned dragged out. I always have the teuuuned in my head. (I do not know how to represent the sort of 'ew' sound he gets in to that tuned, but man I lurve it.)

DMW_SFU

DMW_SFU

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 2:58 PM

but man I lurve it.

Me too!! Which is why I was so disappointed in the change. Some things should just not be messed with.

heckkitty

heckkitty

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 4:10 PM

Last night I had a TAR dream. Don't remember the details, but I was racing, and Charla was there, and I think someone might have had a hand up a cow's ass.

Lia915

Lia915

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 5:55 PM

heckkitty, I know your pain. I have at least one TAR related dream a week...on Monday it was that we were running around and had to measure the angle of something from a window. I kept seeing Millie and Chuck messing up the task because they were too tired.

Lia915

Lia915

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 6:03 PM

whoops, double post.

Edited by Lia915, Jul 14, 2004 @ 6:04 PM.

MacMadame

MacMadame

Fanatic

Posted Jul 14, 2004 @ 6:20 PM

Sat. I was driving with Mini-Mac, who is 5, when some driver was annoying me by slowing down and half pulling over then getting back in the lane and speeding up. When they finally pulled off the freeway, I yelled "There is a God!" and Mini-Mac pipes from the back "and he's not in the tub!"

mercury_ca

mercury_ca

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 15, 2004 @ 3:03 AM

....friend and I are flying home from Toronto. We found out our flight was going to be delayed, intially only for a couple hours, but it evolved into a 12 hour delay.
I looked at my friend and asked if she saw a pay phone bank. When she asked why, I asked "How's your Inner Racer?" She laughed and told me that no, I could not call the other airlines looking for a flight to get us home faster.

y3

y3

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 15, 2004 @ 8:40 PM

MacMadame : that is HILARIOUS!!

I know I've not only been watching too much TAR but also suffering from major withdrawal symptoms, as I'm sitting here, using the format function in MS Excel to remove some highlighting in cells, and the toolbar button's option is "NO FILL" and I think: "No Phil"?

Ronin47

Ronin47

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 8:11 AM

When you're seeing the excellent new film "Before Sunset" and when the characters ride a boat past Notre Dame, you instantly think of TAR.

And also when you see a midnight screening of the old B monster movie "Destroy All Monsters" and when a monster destroys the Arc de Triomphe it makes you sad because you think "That's a future pit stop!"

AlejandraDD

AlejandraDD

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 9:28 AM

...when people ask you on the street what's so funny that you're laughing by yourself. I was thinking about the whole Charla/Mirna "sticking your hand in the cow's ass" incident at the time.

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 3:03 PM

...when you think, "Oh, crap I must get my predictions up when I wake up for the TWoP episode prediction game.

lightofFebruary

lightofFebruary

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 3:50 PM

... when you're looking at shrubs at the garden center, and you notice a tag that says "Outstanding Dwarf Pine", and you think of Charla.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 7:33 PM

...you see an Olympic commercial (during QEFTSG) and you suddenly think that the Race should be an Olympic Event.

y3

y3

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 8:41 PM

You're driving late at night and see a number plate "CHA1" on the car a little way in front of you, and you go "WOOOO!!!". Then you drive closer and realise it says GMA1.... <insert sheepishness>

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 8:45 PM

... Any time you get lost, you and your husband turn it into a serious debate on the subject of how you'd handle yourselves as Racers...

Pointe3579

Pointe3579

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2004 @ 8:48 PM

... Any time you get lost, you and your husband turn it into a serious debate on the subject of how you'd handle yourselves as Racers...

My best friend and I have done this as well:-)