Entertainment Tonight

• Please log in to reply

2691 replies to this topic

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 12, 2013 @ 3:07 PM

Ah, instead ET has bought all the footage of the paparazzi hounding the celebs and strung together a ET Investigation: Paparazzi Out Of Control (Now With More Angry Celebrity Footage). Gee, ET, if you don't buy it, do you think they'll still do it?

And how could ET miss this? America's Princess got a documentary and ET didn't mention it?

http://gawker.com/an...-own-1462976115

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Nov 23, 2013 @ 8:38 PM

25 years ago, ET dedicated an entire episode to honor the 25th anniversary of the JFK assassination. Last night? Instead of doing what they did in 1988 (and what Access Hollywood did last night), they chose to talk about such topics as a morbidly obese woman getting rescued from her house and pimp their upcoming week of Britney coverage in honor of her new album and gig in Vegas.

Edited by jw7579, Nov 23, 2013 @ 8:40 PM.

mrschimpf

mrschimpf

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 29, 2013 @ 7:52 PM

Tonight's post-Thanksgiving show with ex-HLN'ers Weatherman Rob and Brooke Anderson feels exactly how I felt it should be; like a couple members of Showbiz Tonight snuck on the ET set and did a terrible clip-filled show before they were chased off by security.

It's amazing how this show continues to thrive based only on timeslot lethargy and stations too afraid to actually move it back for shows that would actually do well before primetime. Hate to say it as someone who could never stand LBB's show style, but her energy is immediately missed judging from how it is without her.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2014 @ 11:05 AM

Just to revive this thread: Now that it's award season, or maybe because she needs the money, ET has to bring out Mary Hart to interview all her "good friends"? Or is she on special assignment to interview anybody who doesn't want to deal with Nancy or Rocsi?

Seems like ET is trying to find the snark of, say E! but can't get over their need to provide publicist analingus, especially when it comes to Oprah, Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley, or whatever new CBS/Paramount product that must be promoted.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 9:30 AM

Did Joan Rivers really call Kim Kardashian's baby "ugly"

Really Joan ?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 8:30 PM

Yes, she did. She said something about that ugly baby in desperate need of a waxing.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jan 22, 2014 @ 10:50 PM

Hey Joan, wonder what Melissa looked like as a baby ?

ZaldamoWilder

ZaldamoWilder

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 23, 2014 @ 9:36 PM

She's a thinker that one. I mean because whatever her opinion about that kid, here we are talking about irrelevant-ass Joan Rivers.

Did anybody see Mary's interview with Jane Seymour? She was addressing impressions that she's naturally slender - after tweeting a picture of herself in a bikini (taken by her adult son because that's not creepy). Anyway she was all im not thin by default, this is years of work. My mom for example was on and off diets my whole life - she was a very large woman. Flash to a shot of Jane with her mom and I was like I really want that to be the *after* because the lady in the picture was no bigger than a size 12. Doesnt help that I dont really like her but if that was as I saw it, pretty shitty.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:38 AM

Did anybody see Mary's interview with Jane Seymour? She was addressing impressions that she's naturally slender - after tweeting a picture of herself in a bikini (taken by her adult son because that's not creepy). Anyway she was all im not thin by default, this is years of work. My mom for example was on and off diets my whole life - she was a very large woman. Flash to a shot of Jane with her mom and I was like I really want that to be the *after* because the lady in the picture was no bigger than a size 12. Doesnt help that I dont really like her but if that was as I saw it, pretty shitty.

No, you described it accurately. Yeah, that is a shitty thing to say, but in Hollywood, if you're even a size 6, you're an enormous blob. A size 12 qualifies as a "plus-size model."

Can't wait to see what ET has on the Grammys last night, since it was a CBS production. ONLY ET was behind the scenes... for crap no one cares about.

Beataholic

Beataholic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 27, 2014 @ 8:51 PM

Saw ET tonight- they were doing the top Awkward moments & number 3 was Ringo Starr walking out on their interview. He told them Bye and left. LOL! Good for him! Nancy didn't seem impressed, she wanted to interview him. 

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2014 @ 10:04 AM

Damn! Whatever Christie Brinkley is selling I'm buying.

Christie has a "lookalike" 16 yr old daughter named Sailor that she had when she was  44 yrs old ?

44? really?

Her daughter Alexa looks just like her dad Billy Joel 

Your mom is Christie Brinkley and you look just like Billy Joel.

Edited by melissa1925, Jan 31, 2014 @ 9:56 AM.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2014 @ 4:34 PM

Poor Philip Seymour Hoffman. His overdose death is tragic enough, but to have his TV postmortem conducted by "Dr" Phil and Dr Oz and the rest of ET's "experts" is a final indignity.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Feb 5, 2014 @ 9:53 AM

Just another "STAR" who died from a drug overdose. NEXT...

My dh is a huge Allman Brothers fan so we were really interested in who Elijah Blur Allman looks like and what he has to say.

Can't wait for tonight's show. I guess he and Cher are not close.

Elijah Blue has really changed. He is now officially HOT!

ZaldamoWilder

ZaldamoWilder

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 12:56 PM

Damn! Whatever Christie Brinkley is selling I'm buying.

Christie has a "lookalike" 16 yr old daughter named Sailor that she had when she was  44 yrs old ?

44? really?

Her daughter Alexa looks just like her dad Billy Joel 

Your mom is Christie Brinkley and you look just like Billy Joel.

::holdsuppointerfinger:: First. of. all. m'liss, girl, get all the way outta my head.  ;-)

Second of all - Sailor - was her father the ski instructor dude? Peter the cheater? (lol, sorry).  Because if so, how could that kid not have won the looks lottery? both of her parents are walking colgate commercials it's like looking directly at the sun.

Third of all - yes ma'am @ 44.  Clearly she's made a deal with the devil but agreement notwithstanding, it sounds as though it's not as uncommon as it used to be.  Between Halle Berry (47) and Laura Linney (FIFTY!) I think more 40 pluses are saying yeah ok, why the hell not.  Mazel.  ::dr.seussvoice:: Could not/would not.

Alexa Ray, bless her heart.  Looking like her father may slow down her social life but don't cry for her, Argentina, she's quite likely a double trust fund baby.  Not that having enough cash to blow your nose into makes up for having what 3? other gorgeous siblings, but I believe (because I have to lol) that there's a lid for every pot!   At one point it looked my pop culture worlds were about to cross pollinate when Alexa Ray was introduced to Al Manzo, Jr. but thankfully he couldn't work up enough spit to form an intelligible sentence and all was once again set right with the universe. 

BW Manilowe

BW Manilowe

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:27 PM

::holdsuppointerfinger:: First. of. all. m'liss, girl, get all the way outta my head.  ;-)

Second of all - Sailor - was her father the ski instructor dude? Peter the cheater? (lol, sorry).  Because if so, how could that kid not have won the looks lottery? both of her parents are walking colgate commercials it's like looking directly at the sun.

Third of all - yes ma'am @ 44.  Clearly she's made a deal with the devil but agreement notwithstanding, it sounds as though it's not as uncommon as it used to be.  Between Halle Berry (47) and Laura Linney (FIFTY!) I think more 40 pluses are saying yeah ok, why the hell not.  Mazel.  ::dr.seussvoice:: Could not/would not.

Alexa Ray, bless her heart.  Looking like her father may slow down her social life but don't cry for her, Argentina, she's quite likely a double trust fund baby.  Not that having enough cash to blow your nose into makes up for having what 3? other gorgeous siblings, but I believe (because I have to lol) that there's a lid for every pot!   At one point it looked my pop culture worlds were about to cross pollinate when Alexa Ray was introduced to Al Manzo, Jr. but thankfully he couldn't work up enough spit to form an intelligible sentence and all was once again set right with the universe. 

Sailor's Dad is Peter Cook (the cheater, & Christie's last husband). Jack, Christie's son (the kid between Alexa & Sailor), was fathered by the skier/ski instructor, Rick Taubman, as I remember. But I think he was raised as Peter's son & not his bio Dad's kid.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2014 @ 3:38 PM

I cannot say or find too much wrong with Christie's looks, especially for her age !  However, I saw her on the Sports Illustrated TV special  recently and she came across as ditzy or was playing the sterotypical dumb blonde role. She spoke like a little girl and I am thinking she never really grew up.  She has not aged at all.

Beataholic

Beataholic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2014 @ 11:00 PM

Alexa Ray only has 2 (half) siblings- Jack and Sailor. Jack is the product of Christie's third marriage to Ricky Taubman who was a real estate developer but didn't actually had a job. Christie realized her mistake and left, getting sole custody of Jack. Ricky has no part in Jack's life. Christie married Peter Cook and had Sailor; he also adopted Jack as his own son. Then Peter and Christie's marriage went ka-boom to hell after he cheated. 

I think Christie looks great! I can't believe she's 60 years old. Wow.

PShau

PShau

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 10:21 AM

In just the last few days, two pioneers in film and television pass away, and the combined total of time given to their accomplishments on ET:

60 seconds at best -- about a half-minute apiece.

Shirley Temple got the slightly better end of it, a few film snippets as Nancy prattles off a speedy bio, both in and out of Hollywood --

Then Sid Caesar last night didn't even rate having any of his show clips; he got one still publicity shot as Rob Marciano gives us about 4 sentences on Sid's career.

Wasn't there a point -- not all that long ago, that either of these people would've gotten a full 5 to 10 minute obit piece?  

Perfect example, when Bob Hope passed in 2003, or Johnny Carson a couple years later, ET spent roughly the first half of the show on them...

now it seems, if you were found floating in a bathtub, slammed into a telephone pole, or some other morbid and unexpected manner, you get the better part of the next week being analyzed & lionized.... otherwise,, if you go out at any age over 65 under natural causes, you get a Cliffs Notes "buh-bye!", and even that's not guaranteed.

(for the record -- this is also the way other shows like Access Hollywood do it now too)

Don't get this wrong -- I'm not expecting these shows to quit sensationalizing those who die young, but I totally don't get it that if you lived a full life, and contributed some major things to the industry that a program that touts itself as a go-to source on entertainment can't give you a more rounded and respectful mention.

Edited by PShau, Feb 13, 2014 @ 10:23 AM.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Feb 13, 2014 @ 1:28 PM

Or if you're a drug addict and die of a drug overdose, he'll be honored for almost the entire show.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2014 @ 3:46 PM

ET's back to the stars vs. the paps, and ET (the publicist's friend!) is clearly on the side of the stars. Not gonna show any unapproved pictures of stars' kids that the paps made money off of. It's only when the stars themselves whore their kids' pictures out for cash that ET will show us how darling they are. 

Just like ET won't say anything bad about the stars until it's too late for the stars to do anything (arrest, overdose, public meltdown).

Oh, ET, you're such a relic.

melissa1925

melissa1925

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 3:06 PM

OMG!!!  Did I hear them say that someone in Lady Gaga's show threw up on her and IT WAS PART OF THE ACT?

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2014 @ 3:52 PM

Yes. I saw it. The chick sticks a finger down the back of her throat and she spouts out ghoulish green slime liquid substance as part of the stage act.