Entertainment Tonight

• Please log in to reply

2691 replies to this topic

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

Oh boy, it's gonna be a big ET Celebrity Death Monday! No doubt they spent all weekend dredging up the Lost Bee Gees footage. Maybe they'll even work up a Bee Gees Curse.

Friday's show was very weird. They were obsessed with why Donna Summer kept her cancer secret. Uh, I dunno, ET. Because it's personal? I realize that the Cruises and the Travoltas and Jennifer Anniston may not be familiar with the concept, but other grown-ups are...

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 3:28 PM

Think that Robin Gibbs or Donna Summer will get the over-the-top funeral coverage that Whitney Houston got?

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 6:46 PM

Think that Robin Gibbs or Donna Summer will get the over-the-top funeral coverage that Whitney Houston got?

Since they didn't die under mysterious circumstances, I don't expect them to.

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 7:35 PM

So, you only get an over the top funeral/ news coverage if you're a crackhead?

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 8:51 AM

So, you only get an over the top funeral/ news coverage if you're a crackhead?

No, you only get over the top coverage if your family cashes in and sells the exclusive rights to your funeral and if you're idolized by part of ET's target demographic.

OR if you die under mysterious circumstances. Or both.

(See: Smith, Anna Nicole, Jackson, Michael, and Houston, Whitney.)

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 3:15 PM

Yet another movie that ET heavily promoted is a flop:

"The Avengers'" continued dominance meant fewer moviegoers for "Battleship," which sunk on arrival with only $25.3 million. That's the worst domestic opening ever for a movie with a reported budget of at least $200 million. (Universal spent $209 million on the PG-13 picture.)

If Rock of Ages doesn't have the same fate, I will be totally shocked.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 3:25 PM

If Rock of Ages doesn't have the same fate, I will be totally shocked.

But it's got Tom Cruise! And Alec Baldwin! And Julianne Hough! And they're all singing.

It should be every bit as big as Burlesque!

Looooks gooood!

livinggreen

livinggreen

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:05 PM

I wonder if 'Rock of Ages'. is already in the running for a "RAZZIE"

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 5:08 PM

Looks like Steve Jones is going to take over for Mark:

The NY Post is reporting that Jones, 35, is apparently close to signing on with the syndicated show. He would be replacing Mark Steines who is leaving the program after 17 years.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Wonder how long it's going to be before Steve has to do his first Princess Dannielynnn interview?

Wonder how much they paid for that?

And wonder who, exactly, is really interested in her? Girl looks like she may need some serious orthodontia.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 23, 2012 @ 10:20 AM

Is that going to be Mark's final interview before he leaves?

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Is that going to be Mark's final interview before he leaves?

Is there any bigger interview for ET than an Anna Nicole/Dannielynn story? After all, it was Mark who got the EXCLUSIVE ET access to Anna and Howard K. Stern, wasn't it?

And isn't Mark anchoring (and presumably doing the interviews) for this weekend's Snow White & The Huntsman extravaganza?

Should be a great night for ET tonight: American Idol results, more fat people, and I see that US magazine has pictures of Katherine Heigl's new baby acquisition. I'd bet that last one is their lead story.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 28, 2012 @ 4:55 AM

NBC still gets more coverage than Maria Menounos. Down to the final four on DWTS, and guess who ET forgets to mention in their coverage?

I'm crossing my fingers that she wins just to see what ET does...

They'd ignore her anyway - wasn't she still working for ET at about the time she went over to Greece to host Eurovision, the world's biggest song contest? Didn't get a mention.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

True. I guess ignoring NBC and Maria is par for the course, so to speak. Kind of like the only way ET will cover the Olympics is by highlighting the female athletes' eating disorders. *shudders*

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 29, 2012 @ 3:51 PM

Or gush about William and Kate attending an event, which is pretty much a guarantee since the games are in London.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 30, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Good call on the Royals. I'd forgotten about them. I wonder if Nancy might mention that she was In The Crowd For Their Historic Kiss? Or whether the ET crew will show up there all wearing their Fancy English Lady Hats?

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 7, 2012 @ 12:40 PM

Ah yes. Two nights of celebrating Paramount's anniversary. And now it all becomes clear why ET engages in such slavish devotion to certain folks: Travolta and Olivia Newton John? Grease. Julianne Hough? Part of the Paramount family. Bieber? Ditto. And so on and so on.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 11, 2012 @ 11:27 AM

Oh boy. Tonight, still more on the Paramount photo. The stories you haven't heard ... because no one else is interested in telling them.

And last week we had John Travolta talking about his kids and the Silentology Childbirth from his interview with Mark during Battlefield Earth week. Yeah. A great moment there.

And the Paramount photo was shot in ??? January? Wow, way to be on top of the story, ET.

Jaclynovascotia

Jaclynovascotia

Fanatic

Posted Jun 16, 2012 @ 12:56 PM

I have a slavish devotion to Olivia Newton-John too. My oh my I'd love to be that woman for a day, especially in the 1970s.

This show (and all of the ones that came after it) drive me crazy with the quick edits. I just get interested in something and bam! they talk about something else for 30 seconds, then it's what's coming up! then 30 more seconds on something else, and on it goes. Very frustrating.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 12:41 PM

For the second time in a month, a movie that ET heavily promoted is a failure.

"Madagascar 3" and "Prometheus" held off two under-achieving newcomers. The star-studded musical "Rock of Ages," whose cast includes Tom Cruise, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Alec Baldwin, flopped at No. 3 with $15.1 million.

I wonder how they'll work around this one.

Edited by jw7579, Jun 18, 2012 @ 12:42 PM.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

For the second time in a month, a movie that ET heavily promoted is a failure.

I wonder how they'll work around this one.

They'll do it in typical ET fashion: Just ignore it. Besides, they're probably on to Magic Mike Week now.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 10:04 AM

Looks like we could be seeing a lot of Arsenio Hall on ET in 2013:

Arsenio Hall Returning to Late Night

The new show is set to debut in the fall of 2013 through CBS syndication, and although they're still ironing out the details of the show's first season, Arsenio does have a few dream guests in mind.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted Jun 19, 2012 @ 4:37 PM

Oh, wow! Arsenio???!? Holy shit. You took me back to the 80s and 90s all over again with the "Woof! Woof! Woof! Woof!" thing all over again.

Spartan Girl

Spartan Girl

Fanatic

Posted Jun 21, 2012 @ 8:11 AM

The stuff about Rielle Hunter makes me sick. The fact that John Edwards would say mum while she writes a book that drags Elizabeth Edwards' name through the mud makes him an even bigger scumbag. When they repeated Hunter's quotes about Elizabeth being hysterically jealous, I screamed, "Of course she was jealous, you were fucking her husband when she had cancer, bitch!"

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 27, 2012 @ 3:02 PM

Poor ET. They just don't know what to do with the John Travolta story. They couldn't help but recognize the farce of John and Kelly's PDA the other night, but they had to have Mark add that John "is such a good friend."

I guess Scientology must have quite the dossier on LBB.

hamsammich229

hamsammich229

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 28, 2012 @ 12:02 PM

Ah yes. Two nights of celebrating Paramount's anniversary. And now it all becomes clear why ET engages in such slavish devotion to certain folks: Travolta and Olivia Newton John? Grease. Julianne Hough? Part of the Paramount family. Bieber? Ditto. And so on and so on.

So you might say they are hopelessly devoted to Olivia Newton-John?

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 1:22 PM

Oh boy, the next best thing to a celebrity death:

Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes divorcing after five years.

I'm sure ET will take the "they're divorcing amicably and for the best interests of Operating Thetan 4 Suri," and not mention all those pesky rumors about Tom's proclivities...

PShau

PShau

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 7:54 PM

Notice, though that TomKat (or such as it is now, Tom and Kat) used the ol' "make-it-public-at-the-start-of-a-slow-holiday (or weekend)-news-cycle-to-soften-the-bad-press" trick. Never fails, whenever a celeb, politician, or company has to make something difficult to release, they always use this tactic.

(NBC did the same thing this afternoon, only acknowledging Savannah Guthrie got the "Today" hosting gig by press release)

I do know I saw Robo-Nancy on duty the other night, with one of the guys doing real-time control room headlines, so given that this is a Friday and the holiday causes reduced staffing, will they even go into it much till next week?

ET's been burned by this before, because they couldn't scramble up any talent or production people fast enough.

Edited by PShau, Jun 29, 2012 @ 7:55 PM.

Mlle Poilane

Mlle Poilane

Fanatic

Posted Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:40 PM

Since ET is on later here on the West Coast, I don't know whether they've reported yet that Katie Holmes is divorcing Tom Cruise. I would think that it would be on tonight. Does anyone know?

Edited by Mlle Poilane, Jun 29, 2012 @ 8:45 PM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

They might mention it on the hour-long weekend edition; I remember when the Pitt/Aniston divorce was announced on a Friday that it was mentioned as the top story on the weekend show (causing the original topic of that week's show to be shortened).

I guess the divorce news will mean that ET won't give a shit about Katie anymore, since they never really talked about her before she got with their good ol' boy Tom.