Entertainment Tonight

• Please log in to reply

2691 replies to this topic

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

There is nothing better that ET on a Tom Cruise high. It will go on all week.

Last Friday was an ET classic: Some Tom Cruise, a "now on DVD" look-back for no apparent reason, and Katherine Heigl. I think there's also some Julianne Hough coming up today along with Tom!

And still no mention of Maria Menounos on DWTS. Not among their odds-makers or their contestant profiles or even a stray crowd shot of her. When you're on LBB's shitlist, you don't exist. Until she needs you.

PShau

PShau

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:10 PM

ET drags out the "fat suit" crap again -- regurgitating footage of experiment#2 from last year to punch up some story about... well, fat suits in movies and TV.
Slow news day, ET???

On the Maria/DWTS thing, apparently neither of her former employers are choosing to acknowledge her yet...
Access Hollywood is also giving her the silent treatment up to this point.

Edited by PShau, Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:10 PM.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 11:37 AM

I am so glad ET gave Jaleel White the chance to Set the Record Straight about those abuse claims for nearly two-thirds of last night's show.

I"m also glad that ET helped focus on Jessica Simpson's ballooning weight and is so concerned about her health and her need for some AMAZING post-baby weight loss secrets.

I'm surprised they didn't mention Betty Draper's weight storyline on Mad Men, but, of course, that would require mentioning Mad Men, wouldn't it?

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:14 PM

I'm surprised they didn't mention Betty Draper's weight storyline on Mad Men, but, of course, that would require mentioning Mad Men, wouldn't it?

Yes, it would; I guess they think the average ET viewer doesn't watch shows on cable.

Edited by jw7579, Apr 5, 2012 @ 1:14 PM.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

They did do a segment on Betty Draper's weight gain on, I think, Monday. Of course ET also used that segment as an opportunity to rehash their past fat suit exposes.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 9:37 AM

Last night's ET Whitney Autopsy extravaganza was a historic low.

Two words: Skin slippage.

Did we really have to know that, ET?

And did it have to come out of the pie-hole of that smarmy fuck Chris Jacobs?

I hope LBB gets this treatment when she dies.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 9:27 AM

Enough with the Jaleel White he said/she said, too. This is the lead story? Wow.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

This is the lead story? Wow.

Only because he's on Dancing With the Stars; they wouldn't be giving a shit otherwise.

Edited by jw7579, Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:47 PM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:06 PM

A feature in CBS Watch magazine about Linda Bell Blue that includes her thoughts on covering Anna Nicole and the royal wedding:

ANNA NICOLE SMITH
“This was a very important story to cover: Anna Nicole is an American pop icon. We beat every morning show in covering the story of her son’s death—the producers of Today were standing outside the gates, while we had talked to Anna Nicole on the phone. Everybody wanted that story—and we got it, because we really made a connection with her. This was a story that became so big—her death, and the ensuing trial—and our audience was very interested in it.”

THE ROYAL WEDDING
“All of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences … not every journalist gets a chance to do that. When you’re producing a show, you’re painting a picture, and we were standing out there covering William and Kate. Our production team worked round-the-clock to report on this historic event in a way that would make our audience feel like they were in London. There was so much energy and spirit in the air; it was the biggest story of the year, and our cameras were front and center.”

PShau

PShau

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:46 AM

That interview with LBB -- so she interviewed Manson back in the day, huh? (No comment)
But the double-talk is amazing... ET is a news show, which has to give all sides of a story, but also selectively leaves out certain things if they want to maintain "relationships" in Hollywood. HUH??
Not that we didn't know it already-- but Linda, make up your mind, you can't have it both ways. And you notice there's not a single mention of ET overstepping the bounds of taste,etc. But then, this is from a CBS publication...
a total softball game.

But what explains ET completely dropping the ball Wednesday with Dick Clark's passing? Not a word --not even one of those last-minute tacked on newsroom pieces --nothing.
Meantime, every single competing show led with it...and no rush jobs either. And they all tape in the afternoon like ET does.
The only thing I think it suggests is that somewhere along the way, ET's budget's been trimmed. If they had enough staff, or the means to gather up material for a breaking story, that wouldn't have happened. They used to be able to handle stuff like this, and now don't even bother to. It's either less resources, or they've gotten sloppy.
Maybe both.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 12:46 PM

Maybe they didn't get to the Dick Clark story because he wasn't "an American pop icon" the way Anna Nicole was. Idiot. And it's not like this was unexpected. Most news outfits have obits to go for a lot of key figures.

And on the Royal Wedding: So having all your female anchors wearing silly hats and endlessly self-promoting, that makes your audience feel like they're there? Sheesh.

Here is a graduate from what was (and maybe still is) one of the premiere journalism schools in the country and her big career highs are interviewing Charlie Manson, covering the death of an overweight, drug addicted gold-digger, and being in the same clusterfuck of journos as every other outfit in the world?

I'm so glad Aunt Linda is passing on all this knowledge to her niece.

I see that Suri Cruise turns 6 today. Wonder if that will beat out Dick Clark as ET's lead story?

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 2:59 PM

I see that Suri Cruise turns 6 today. Wonder if that will beat out Dick Clark as ET's lead story?

That depends on what Brangelina did today or if there's another celebrity weight-loss story.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 5:56 PM

I saw the preview for Monday's show during the 6:00 news tonight; it appears they're going to have a Dick Clark bashfest in the upcoming week with a story about his supposed "two faces" and how he might not have been the good guy everybody thought he was.

Edited by jw7579, Apr 21, 2012 @ 5:57 PM.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 11:48 AM

I see they had to do a Dick Clark Death Investigation last week. Because, like, 80-year-old guys who have been felled by a stroke don't just die. There must be something that requires an autopsy so we can find out how much plastic surgery he had, whether he was catheterized, or whether there was skin slippage.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 1:02 PM

Mark is leaving the show when his current contract ends.

Steines, who joined “ET” in 1995, has decided to end his run with the show. He plans to “pursue other opportunities at the end of his contract. He has been a beloved member of ‘ET’ for 17 years, and we fully support his decision,” said an “ET” rep.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:36 PM

Mark is leaving the show when his current contract ends.

Does this mean he'll be replaced by smarmy little weasel Chris Jacobs? Looooks goooood.

And, gosh, I'd feel sorry for Ann Romney if:

1) She hadn't just outed herself about how the "poor stay-at-home mom" was a calculated bit of political theater, and:

2) She wasn't able to avail herself of the best possible medical care even as her husband would deny it to others.

And, wow, ET is really on top of that Alicia Silverstone story! It's only been all over the tabloids and the Interwebs for two weeks now!

Edited by Harry Tuttle, Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:46 AM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 6:51 PM

Does this mean he'll be replaced by smarmy little weasel Chris Jacobs? Looooks goooood.

They had on that Rove McSomething on yesterday's show and the guy fired from the X Factor (Steve Jones) the night before, so I'm thinking that they might be in the running to be his replacement.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

ET was full of class last night by playing the 911 call of Jennifer Hudson's sister as well as an interview with Liberace's former lover about how he had a love affair with Michael Jackson.

(And I'm sure they won't mention on tonight's show that Maria and Derek were the first couple to get a perfect score on DWTS last night.)

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 11:14 PM

They had on that Rove McSomething on yesterday's show and the guy fired from the X Factor (Steve Jones) the night before, so I'm thinking that they might be in the running to be his replacement.

McManus. He's more "guy at a barbecue" funny than "TV star" funny (and unsurprisingly, his talk show was only #1 in Australia because there was only one talk show in Australia at the time), but I could totally handle him and Steve Jones taking turns ripping into how ridiculous this show is. "MY royal family" with implied "fuck you, O'Dell", indeed.

nicole8705

nicole8705

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:10 AM

ET was full of class last night by playing the 911 call of Jennifer Hudson's sister as well as an interview with Liberace's former lover about how he had a love affair with Michael Jackson.

It is so weird that releasing 911 tapes has become the standard for the media. A radio station I was on played an excerpt of the tape and told listeners if they wanted to hear more go to their website...as if this was Hudson's latest single.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 2, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

(And I'm sure they won't mention on tonight's show that Maria and Derek were the first couple to get a perfect score on DWTS last night.)

Yeah, I'd forgotten to mention how nice it was for ET to play the Hudson 911 tape and include a picture of Jennifer, even though she wasn't the one making the call. I love it when Chris Jacobs is all serious-face like he's a real reporter instead of just a play-TV one.

And I'm really hoping Maria makes it to at least the Final 3, which, in ET's coverage will be the Final 2.

ET has been on a Cavalcade of Dead Stars, what with the Michael Jackson/Liberace rehash. But I'm sure they'll find some way to include this good news for CBS tonight.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

Steve Jones better learn how to only ask questions publicists pre-approve if he wants the ET job.

Despite swirling pregnancy rumors Megan Fox, she's refusing to confirm or deny any speculations about her alleged baby bump.

During an “Entertainment Tonight” interview with the "Transformers" star, Megan laughed off the awkward transition to babies but her publicist didn't think it was too funny and immediately cut off the interview with British TV Personality Steve Jones.

Surprisingly, Fox first encouraged, "Alright go, go what do you wanna know?" but her publicist jumped in when Jones asked, “Any plans to give anybody a baby?”

Before the interview was officially cut off Fox warned Jones about her publicists saying, "You already hear the grumbles... No, no".

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 7, 2012 @ 8:47 AM

Here's one that I'm sure will be at the top of ET's radar:

Precious Princess Dannielynn goes to the Kentucky Derby.

It will be followed by Mark intoning solemnly, "She is growing up SO fast!"

Edited by Harry Tuttle, May 7, 2012 @ 8:47 AM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:16 PM

I sure chose the right night to watch the show last night: Marie Osmond made her ET comeback last night. She'll be having a talk show on the Hallmark Channel, so she probably be on the show a lot more by then (especially if it's produced by CBS/Paramount).

I tuned in to see if they would ignore that Maria is one of the semi-finalists on DWTS, but they ended up not mentioning the show at all. I guess it was a preview of what will happen if she ends up winning.

Edited by jw7579, May 10, 2012 @ 1:17 PM.

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 2:44 PM

Yeah, last night was just like old times. Marie Osmond and women with eating disorders. Apparently, there's more Marie tonight, and another woman with anorexia. Plus Rihanna and Battleship: The Movie, which may be the most exciting CGI-heavy film ever to reach the big screen, at least until the next Transformers movie. Or Chutes and Ladders: The Motion Picture Experience in 3D.

Somewhere, Linda Bell Blue is shedding silent tears of thanks:

Bobbi Kristina, Houston family OK reality show.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

NBC's fall schedule has been released; I expect ET to only mention Matthew Perry's new show (and maybe that The Voice will be airing in the fall).

Harry Tuttle

Harry Tuttle

Couch Potato

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 1:55 PM

NBC still gets more coverage than Maria Menounos. Down to the final four on DWTS, and guess who ET forgets to mention in their coverage?

I'm crossing my fingers that she wins just to see what ET does...

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

I'm also hoping that Mario Lopez ends up on the all-star edition; I'm sure ET'll ignore him as well.

ETA: Maria was eliminated last night; LBB and company must be ecstatic.

Edited by jw7579, May 16, 2012 @ 9:10 AM.

RL1

RL1

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 2:11 PM

What? ET has been ignoring Mario Lopez since Day 1. It is not like he was the reason to watch E!...

Marq DeCarabas

Marq DeCarabas

Fanatic

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 5:36 PM

ETA: Maria was eliminated last night; LBB and company must be ecstatic.

You don't think she was power voting for Katherine Jenkins who was saved by the audience vote?