Entertainment Tonight

• Please log in to reply

2691 replies to this topic

Isaboe

Isaboe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

Yeah, they pretty much did ALL MICHAEL! ALL THE TIME!! Jeez. And WTF is up with Mary Hart? Why are they shipping her off to all these places? Is that in their budget? Why is she even still there? The rest of them got the hint and left. Isn't she like 60 now? I don't even watch anymore.

kwerkee

kwerkee

Fanatic

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:56 AM

I'm tired of them featuring Michael Jackson. All. The. Time. Interviews with mum. Brothers. Dad. Oh wait, let's dig the archives now.. We got *long-lost* interview with mum. Then there are these 'experts' to have their take on the case. Practically take up half the show.

And they don't do it for like for a straight 15 minutes. They spread those 15 minutes throughout the show, beginning, middle, at the wee end, so I can't be naughty to channel-surf in case I miss a little goodie.

Edited by kwerkee, Jan 3, 2004 @ 1:33 AM.

asdfasdfjames

asdfasdfjames

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2004 @ 12:45 AM

Aggh! I was watching ET on VH1 today, and Maria Menounos made me want to barf, with her "we're so sick of 'Jen and Ben'" and "The OC! Hot new cast! Woo!" bullshit. Jumping on the bandwagon of the other entertainment shows (*cough*E! News Live*cough*), are you now? You make me sick. Bastards.

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 9:49 PM

And WTF is up with Mary Hart? Why are they shipping her off to all these places?

I find those Queen Mary 2 previews frickin' hilarious, especially when Mary's wearing the Kate Winslet hat and says, "my trunks are packed!" complete with faux-Titanic music in the background. This shit cracks me up!

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 8:30 AM

I find those Queen Mary 2 previews frickin' hilarious, especially when Mary's wearing the Kate Winslet hat and says, "my trunks are packed!" complete with faux-Titanic music in the background. This shit cracks me up!

I have no idea what the Queen Mary 2 is (movie? I no longer watch ET) but if there's any chance for it to sink with Mary Hart aboard...I'm all for it. ;)

Edited by lurk3000, Jan 6, 2004 @ 8:30 AM.

Storm Shadow

Storm Shadow

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 12:29 PM

Exactly whose definition of Entertainment incudes the christening of a ship. Unless Mary falls off and we never hear from her again, I have no idea why ET is covering this.

Mamalita

Mamalita

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:31 PM

With all of those stories about cast members of "The Love Boat" on the weekend show, how can they not spend a week promoting their tour of the world's newest cruise ship? Today had a story about the QM2 this morning so I'm not sure how ET has an "exclusive"...maybe at the infotainment show level, since none of the other ones give a crap?

creativegirl

creativegirl

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:58 PM

What makes me laugh though is the cheesy Titanic music and theme they have going for this QM2 "exclusive". They do remember what happened at the end of the movie? Hope she brought a life jacket!

Ew... now I just remembered that scene with the hand on the steamy window. Wonder what John Tesh is up to?

Blonde Ambition

Blonde Ambition

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 3:02 PM

Wonder what John tesh is up to?

BWAH! After I got the image out of my mind I found that to be the funniest thing I read all day.

tvjunkie

tvjunkie

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 12:17 AM

They do remember what happened at the end of the movie? Hope she brought a life jacket!

Forget that do they remember what happened in real life. Why would you mock that. Morons.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 4:48 PM

What makes me laugh though is the cheesy Titanic music and theme they have going for this QM2 "exclusive".

I love that because they have that whole Titanic theme, yet they have NOT ONCE compared it to the Titanic.

And now we have to deal with day to day coverage of and about Britney's ex-husband. I hated the first night that they covered it because when they had those anonymous people that were witnesses to the whole affair, the Britney music they were playing was so loud that you couldn't even hear what they were saying!

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 5:22 PM

Wonder what John tesh is up to?

He is probably still the holier than thou person he has always been.

potato

potato

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:26 AM

I was watching Royal Canadian Air Farce last night and they did a spoof on all of the entertainment shows especially ET. They were dressed up as Bob and Mary; I know Luba Goy was playing Mary but I don't know who was playing Bob. They kept informing people what was coming up on the show but never gave any information. "We'll learn what Mr. Spears has to say about the marriage but first Paul Hogan sits down to talk to us about crocodile farms."

They kept going back and forth between "Bob" and "Mary" talking about the same subjects over and over: Britney Spears, MJ, and Steve Irwin. Eventually, as they kept switching subjects and going back and forth from "Mary" to "Bob", less and less "information" was shared. Then "Mary" finally said, "We'll be back with the celebrity birthdays."

Pink Mayuri

Pink Mayuri

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:31 PM

Haven't seen "The Amazing 68-Pound Anorexic!" in quite a long time. She didn't die, did she? (Honestly, I'm amazed that one's body wouldn't shut down at 80, 85 pounds.)

Blonde Ambition

Blonde Ambition

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 1:35 AM

People keep saying that ET is the People of entertainment shows, but that isn't necessarily true. It's not called Entertainment People, it's just People, so they can do all the human interest stories they want. ET, however, is called Entertainment Tonight, making it a strictly entertainment show, so in conclusion, ET is lame.

Trinigal_chica

Trinigal_chica

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:48 PM

potato ,that Royal Canadian Air Farce skit sound hilarious !I wish i had caught it.

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 8:11 AM

Note to Mary Hart, seen last night in a fashion "reporting" segment with Cojo: girl, you've had one eye lift too many. I was afraid her brow would freeze in permanent surprise mode after one comment.

Senor Audacity

Senor Audacity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 5:18 AM

ET is never more annoying than with their coverage of award shows. The one-on-one rooms are a bit much, but what really gets my goat is the photo-mat thingy. What the fuck is up with that? Who wants to see Charlize Theron make faces with Mary Hart? And seriously, someone has to shoot Cojo. Now. Making not-very-funny catty comments about who dressed best and worst while wearing a hairstyle like that, fuck you. And if I ever have a nightmare about his teeth...

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 7:33 AM

Fess up. Who here had a good laugh when Mary Hart tripped over something while going over to interview Tim Robbins?

I wonder if some of the celebs try to avoid the ET cameras at all costs.

bonster

bonster

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 10:20 AM

And seriously, someone has to shoot Cojo. Now. Making not-very-funny catty comments about who dressed best and worst while wearing a hairstyle like that

Oh, this is so what I was thinking. Where does he get off being a judge of style and fashion? Get him a mirror and then get him off my television.

Ashterisk

Ashterisk

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 4:19 PM

The one-on-one rooms are a bit much, but what really gets my goat is the photo-mat thingy. What the fuck is up with that? Who wants to see Charlize Theron make faces with Mary Hart?

Perfectly stated.

Titus

Titus

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

Fess up. Who here had a good laugh when Mary Hart tripped over something while going over to interview Tim Robbins?

*Raises hand* Yes, I'm 12, why do you ask?

Cojo was making fun of Sharon Stone's hair and comparing it to Billy Idol's. I was thinking who the fuck he thinks he is to make fun of anybody's hair when he has that flat-ironed dead animal on top of his head.

Sheherazade

Sheherazade

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 8:00 PM

What on earth is that animation crap they're doing on ET now? Turning the celebrities' likenesses into cartoon drawings?! I felt like I was watching A-Ha's "Take on Me" video! Except much much worse, with less accurate drawings.

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 8:17 PM

And seriously, someone has to shoot Cojo. Now. Making not-very-funny catty comments about who dressed best and worst while wearing a hairstyle like that

Word. And I saw Cojo on The Today Show Monday morning, and he gave Sarah Jessica Parker the "Audrey Hepburn award" -- WTF? I like SJP, but please she ain't Audrey, no one ever will be IMO. SJP's dress was fugly IMO, and Kristin Davis looked 100 times better than she did.

Cojo honey, please you look like Steven Tyler in drag on crack -- take some style advice from Carson Kressley, even though his picks were similar with Cojo's, Carson still can dress and look better than you can anyday.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 1:38 AM

One of my VCR tapes broke a few weeks ago, thus making everything on the tape go at a much higher speed. I fast forwarded the broken tape a little bit, and then saw that I had an episode of ET on it. This is exactly what Cojo sounded like: "Grrrrrrrrr GRRR YARRRAAAA! Hibba hibba GRRRRRRUUUUUYEW!"

Is he supposed to be "fun"? I could always tolerate him on Access Hollywood because he was on in minimal doses. Now he simply looks like he's going to eat Mary Hart.

Decormaven

Decormaven

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 7:17 AM

What on earth is that animation crap they're doing on ET now? Turning the celebrities' likenesses into cartoon drawings?! I felt like I was watching A-Ha's "Take on Me" video! Except much much worse, with less accurate drawings.

While I wasn't too fond of this, myself, take a look at the AMPAS site; maybe ET is picking up on AMPAS' Oscar® theme:
AMPAS Oscar® site

lurk3000

lurk3000

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 2:40 AM

[Nelson Muntz laugh]Haw, Haw[/Nelson Muntz laugh]
link

asdfasdfjames

asdfasdfjames

Fanatic

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 10:07 PM

Gwahahaha! "'I could have sworn I saw someone jump from the rooftops with TWOP ET Thread written across their shirt,' Sharon Osbourne claims."

I just wish it would have been someone's fist instead of a drink.

PostToastie

PostToastie

Fanatic

Posted Feb 22, 2004 @ 3:01 PM

Cojo honey, please you look like Steven Tyler in drag on crack --

BWAH!

I'm sure Matt Lauer agrees with you ~

bonster

bonster

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2004 @ 11:14 AM

Did anyone see the interview with Monica Bellucci last night?

My opinion is: if you can't pronounce Anti-Semitism, you should not be discussing it.