Flo & Zach: TAR 3

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

407 replies to this topic

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 10:59 PM

I'm sure though that Flo's effort planted the initial seed though.

Yeah, I remember Phil saying in an interview at the time that they'd been thinking about the rule change for a while before TAR5.

And in their defense, they DID win the Winners survival game without getting a single point taken away. And they came fourth in the the Race game.

Rodney

Rodney

Couch Potato

Posted May 11, 2009 @ 11:18 PM

Bill1978
I'm sure though that Flo's effort planted the initial seed though.

I think Jaree helped that seed sprout in TAR4, as well. Kim, Christie, and Nicole flat-out made it grow in TAR5.

Edited by Rodney, May 11, 2009 @ 11:19 PM.

The Australian

The Australian

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 7:14 AM

And as much as I love her and Ian to bits, it should also be mentioned that Teri did only two Roadblocks in TAR3 - the Highland Games and the gondola dangle (although to be fair, it's almost certain she would also have sold the snails in Marrakech had they not won the FF).

Flo certainly is much more entertaining in hindsight than she was at the time, and even then I thought she made an important contribution to the "larger than life" quality that helps TAR3 be one of the very best seasons in the show's history. I think part of the problem was that we hadn't really had a racer who whined and complained so much last so deep into the season before.

But it's important to note that despite threatening to do so in almost every leg during the last half, Flo never actually threw in the towel completely - and even when she was at her lowest in Vietnam, Zach managed to find ways of keeping them going. And they're infinitely preferable "young winners" to the likes of TK & Rachel and Nick & Starr...

Rodney

Rodney

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2009 @ 2:07 PM

The Australian
And they're infinitely preferable "young winners" to the likes of T.K. & Rachel and Nick & Starr...

Not to mention way more interesting.

lexington11

lexington11

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 22, 2010 @ 12:53 AM

I thought it was changed after the Bowling Mums/Moms (choose your own spelling) season when they made the Top 4 and the couples that had mixed gender relied on the males doing all the tasks

Word. If anyone should get the credit for making the producers change the roadblock rules, it's the Kim/Christie/Nicole trio from TAR5 that did virtually nothing on the race

Lamb18

Lamb18

Fanatic

Posted Nov 11, 2010 @ 8:34 PM

From the Season 17, Episode 4 thread:

So has anyone else read the book Lost and Found by Carolyn Parkhurst? The plot involves a travel game show a lot like TAR, and actually name-checks TAR at one point. In the book, one of the clues directs the players to Jukkasjarvi, where they have to find the Ice Hotel. I almost had a fit when that popped up on the show tonight!

I just finished reading this book (I wanted to read it after the above post). I figured someone had to have given the author a lot of behind-the-scenes information so I read the acknowledgements and Zach is mentioned. What is funny is that he is also a character in the book, a Production Assistant for the show who's mentioned in one chapter.

loud

loud

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 24, 2010 @ 7:18 PM

Just rewatched the Vietnam episodes (as just got back two weeks in the country) and I had completely forgotten how much I loathed Flo. The whinging and crying throughout Vietnam was just horrific.

Arrow

Arrow

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 12, 2010 @ 1:16 AM

As someone's whose introduction to TAR was season 6 (Jonathan and Victoria, Freddy and Kendra...need I go on?), when I finally saw season 3 on the Game Show channel after reading all the comments about Flo on this and other websites, I found her to be remarkably tame. Zach seemed pretty goofy and unfocused, and indeed "handling" Flo is probably what got him focused enough to win--I'm not sure he would have won with another partner. I certainly saw nothing to indicate that Zach carried her the whole way--won with Flo literally strapped to his back, something that I read again and again on the internet. Poppycock. They were a good team, they suited each other. Flo could work the airports and got along with folks most of the time.

One thing that struck me as I watched was the number of times Zach insisted they sleep in hotel lobbies on couches while everyone else was getting a room with comfy beds--I think that that really wore Flo down, not enough sleep. Watch for that--you'll see it in episode after episode. I loved Flo--she's one of the most entertaining people that I've seen on a reality tv show.

ToniW

ToniW

Fanatic

Posted Jan 23, 2012 @ 12:37 AM

This news was posted a couple of days ago. Flo and her boyfriend Dan Abrams, from ABC News, are having a baby together. Congratulations to them.

Overit

Overit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 12:00 AM

Wow, that's kind of a stunner to me. When All Stars ran, there was talk of her racing with Derek/Drew (whichever one she dated). I kind of assumed they were still together.

It doesn't take much surfing on the web to see Dan Abrams has been quite the player. He seems to have dated everyone. Hopefully he's good to Flo.

Paron Xanthis

Paron Xanthis

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 24, 2012 @ 12:22 PM

I'm not a huge Flo fan, but congrats to her, anyway!

Ficus

Ficus

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 16, 2012 @ 12:26 PM

I wouldn't want to be in that delivery room.

sp23

sp23

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 2:07 PM

Maybe Zach can have the baby for her.

BrookeM

BrookeM

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 19, 2012 @ 4:38 PM

I wouldn't want to be in that delivery room.

LOL OMG - an epidural won't do it. She needs to be put OUT. For everyone's sanity. ;)

On rewatch though, I would not have her any other way. She was much more entertaining the second time.

starrynight71

starrynight71

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 7:52 AM

I watched it last week for the first time and I managed to put up with her ok. The only time she really broke down was on the penultimate day with that boat. I'm surprised they were allowed to let local people paddle them across really, but I'm glad it was quite a close finish, with two of the teams anyway. All final three teams classic, just like series 7 I think.

SamB

SamB

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 7:41 AM

I suspect the reason they were 'allowed' to is that, in the end, nobody did either side of that detour by themselves. I can't remember if it's announced on air or in an interview, but I think everyone got a one-hour penalty for being helped by locals.

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 10:29 PM

Flo's had her baby, apparently. Dan was guest-hosting The View (quiet) last week and showed off the photos.

Jyn

Jyn

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2012 @ 10:32 PM

Congrats to her! What was it? What's the name?