TV Actors We Love

• Please log in to reply

1145 replies to this topic

carly hope

carly hope

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 15, 2014 @ 5:14 AM

Max Adler. So talented, so gracious.

Tyler Hoechlin. He is even more beautiful on the inside and the boy looks damn fine on the outside. I think he is rather underrated. he does subtle treally well, be it dramatic or comedy. Very expressive eyebrows as well.

Dylan O'Brien. He is a natural. He does comedy so good. And when he hurts I hurt. IRL he seems like such a goofball.

Pippin

Pippin

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 6:46 PM

In no particular order:

Sam Waterson:  I loved Jack McCoy.  Would never want him prosecuting me, but loved him.

David Tennant:  Not a Whovian but will watch Dr. "David" Who.  Also his Hamlet was funny and sad all at once.  Speaking of Hamlet...

Sir Patrick Stewart:  'Nuff said.

Peter Falk:   Just one more thing ... Could we have more police procedurals like this, please?

Jon Stewart:  Brilliant.

Connor Trinneer:  Insanely talented and not seen nearly enough on the tube.

Scott Bakula:  A real-life nice guy who is also a really good actor.

Katherine Erbe:  Known best for L&O:CI but did a stellar turn for Oz as well.

Mariska Hartigay: Anchoring L&O:SVU and makes it look easy.

GIllian Anderson:  Still smart and beautiful after all these years. 

There are others but these will do for starters.

Wiendish Fitch

Wiendish Fitch

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 7:25 PM

Maggie Smith: Everyone on Downton Abbey is excellent, don't get me wrong, but Smith owns every scene she's in.

Catherine Tate: Like many people, I had reservations about Donna Noble on Doctor Who. She was loud, abrasive, and came off as Bridget Jones on steroids. Her ensuing tenure became one of the most wonderful surprises I've ever encountered, as Tate brought out Donna's kindness, bravery, loyalty, and genuine humor, so much so that Donna's become one of my all time favorite Doctor Who companions. Sometimes I love being proven wrong, so thanks for that, Ms. Tate.

Peter Dinklage: It's become so cliche to love Dinklage and Tyrion Lannister, but, damn it all, he just inhabits this role so beautifully and fully, that how can I not love him?

Sarah Chalke: Like Catherine Tate, she brought out lovely nuances in a potentially obnoxious character like Elliot Reid. Well, at least until everyone on Scrubs became human cartoons, and even then Chalke couldn't do anything to redeem her, but still...

Elisabeth Moss: So glad this woman finally got some damn recognition at the Golden Globes, even if it wasn't for her masterful work on Mad Men. Moss has Peggy Olson's journey so compelling over the years.

Kelly MacDonald: I've seen MacDonald in movies before (Nanny McPhee, No Country for Old Men) became an overnight fan of MacDonald's after seeing her on Boardwalk Empire. What a talent!

corvus13

corvus13

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 11:09 PM

The first thing I saw Kelly Macdonald in was Gosford Park, and I loved her in that.

McKay

McKay

Stalker

Posted Jan 17, 2014 @ 6:29 PM

I've liked Elisabeth Moss since she was a recurring guest star on Picket Fences as a little girl.  She's always had tremendous talent and I'm glad she's finally a household name (even if you couldn't pay me to watch Mad Men).

vimrod

vimrod

Fanatic

Posted Jan 21, 2014 @ 5:07 AM

Can I just go ahead and submit everyone on Justified? Because they are all so damn fantastic with MVP going to Walton Goggins. I've come to understand he's something of a TV acting legend but this is the first role I've seen him in and something happens when he's onscreen, I swear, he's magic. Just a brilliant, amazing actor. They are all so damn good, from Jacob Pitts to Nick Searcy, Joelle Carter, Natalie Zea to Olyphant himself. The casting director for this show is genius.