TV Actors We Love

• Please log in to reply

1145 replies to this topic

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2004 @ 5:41 PM

Just because I was reminded through a mention in the commercial thread, while watching a repeat of The Drew Carey Show, I have to mention that I love, love, love Diedrich Bader. He's so cute and goofy, he makes me smile no matter what part he plays.

screamapiller

screamapiller

Fanatic

Posted Mar 18, 2004 @ 6:43 PM

I am feeling the love for Vincent D'Onofrio lately.

Senor Coconut, I am always feeling the love for Mr. D'Onofrio, even more so after I plowed into him in a coffee shop one Sunday afternoon last fall, and as I sat there on the floor staring up at him muttering gibberish and finally blurting out, "oh my god, Vincent D'Onofrio!" b/c I was so excited to meet him, he bought me a new coffee since I'd spilled mine all over the place (and myself...) He's my pretend drama TV husband! (as opposed to my pretend Reality TV husband, Lex)

I love, love, love Diedrich Bader. He's so cute and goofy, he makes me smile no matter what part he plays

LinaBo, I'm with you on the Diedrich Bader Boat. He's both delightful and delicious!

Edited by screamapiller, Mar 18, 2004 @ 6:44 PM.

Grimly Fiendish

Grimly Fiendish

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 18, 2004 @ 9:36 PM

Stephen Fry. I just luuuuurve that man and will watch anything he's in. And he's always fantastic.

Thank goodness for usenet, or I'd never see him in his new quiz show, "QI".

K9 Philosopher

K9 Philosopher

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 18, 2004 @ 10:57 PM

I love Kevin McDonald. He's my favorite Kid in the Hall, and his voice always cracks me up.

patty1h

patty1h

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 10:22 AM

Richard Burgi rules the world! He's great in every role (The Sentinel, 24, Firefly), and seems to be universally liked by his costars. I've read quotes from people he's worked with on how great he is to work with. He's funny and is involved with various animal charities; meeting and greeting his fans there with a smile. He's the perfect man and my pretend husband.

I love him enough to overlook his reported relationship with wacky Anne Heche, back in his soap opera days.

Edited by patty1h, Mar 19, 2004 @ 10:24 AM.

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

I love Richard Burgi, too, but why won't somebody give him a steady job on TV?!?

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Mar 19, 2004 @ 5:02 PM

I love him enough to overlook his reported relationship with wacky Anne Heche, back in his soap opera days.

I suppose that was back when he was on Another World (he played Chad Rollo and she played Vicky Hudson). She wasn't crazy then. In fact, I quite like her, too. So love for Anne Heche!

The 2nd Evil

The 2nd Evil

Stalker

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 5:46 PM

I am a Big fan of Vincent Kartheiser (Angel, late season 3-all of season 4)

He is an amazing actor and it is a pity he got stuck with crappy writing last season.

I am egarly awaiting Angel's 18th episode of the season when Connor returns

Edited by The 2nd Evil, Mar 20, 2004 @ 5:46 PM.

MetropolisGal

MetropolisGal

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 8:58 PM

I have not seen The Sandbaggers but have seen Roy Marsden in something besides Dalgliesh - maybe a Sherlock Holmes episode?

That would be The Last Vampire with the late, great Jeremy Brett as Holmes.

And when Macnee played "Sir John", Alexander Waverly's replacement in a MFU tv-movie

The Man from U.N.C.L.E. - The Twenty Years Later Affair. Just call me little Miss Information. :-)

marxfan

marxfan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 5:03 PM

Diedrich Bader: Even though most of the movies and shows he's in aren't that great, he's just so good at being adorably goofy, so that compensates.

Jerry Orbach: He's just talented as hell. He's the best thing about Law & Order, he was the best thing about Beauty and the Beast... hell, he was the best thing about Dirty Dancing, see my point?

Conan O'Brien: Not an actor, but he kicks ass IMO, so who cares? Plus, I just want to squeeze his cheeks sometimes.

Darrell Hammond: I think he's one of the most underrated players on Saturday Night Live. His impersonations of Sean Connery, Alfred Hitchcock, and Ted Koppel are unbelievable!

Debra Wilson: The best actress on MadTV, bar none.

Rachel Quintanence: She's mostly appeared on I Love the... series on VH1, but I like her already. I hope she goes far.

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 5:30 PM

Darrell Hammond: I think he's one of the most underrated players on Saturday Night Live.

Oh hell yes. I always preferred him over Ferrell. But I guess he's not so much an actor as an impersonator.

kathyowens1977

kathyowens1977

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 8:26 PM

I just adore David Boreanaz of the TV show Angel. In TV interviews, he just comes across as funny, sincere, humble, and down to earth. David has come a long way as an actor and I truly admire that man.

catharsis

catharsis

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 1:14 AM

I also like DB very much. He's just so wacky, without crossing the line over to annoying. He's laid back and enjoys socks-what more do you want? He reminds me of Spicoli(is that right? The Sean Penn character) from Fast Times at Ridgemont High.

Conan O'Brien is probably the funniest man on the planet. He's so funny and likable- no wonder he gets higher ratings than Leno or Letterman! I love his big hop, the string dance, the knocking over the mic- and his "Keep Cool My Babies!" was my drunken Spring Break catchphrase.

Jon Stewart-He's also very funny and endearing. I like his interviewing style: he's never rude, but he never lets his guests off the hook, either. If he's interviewing an important political figure, he can talk about actual issues with them- if he's interviewing some random celebrity, he can talk fluff with them. Versatile and very smart.

Elliot

Elliot

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 9:36 AM

Kiefer Sutherland deservedly gets alot of credit for his work on 24, but Carlos Bernard has had the biggest hand in trying to keep the show's famous tension level fully stoked while being kept stuck (for the most part) inside the same building for three seasons. WTG, Carlos.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 11:35 AM

I know I'm going against the grain from most of the Y&R thread, but I really really love Melody Thomas Scott. Her work is always good, no matter how demeaning the dialogue has to be that day. She's one of my favorites on the show.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 1:37 PM

I don't watch Y&R anymore - for a lot of reasons, but their insistence on screwing up Nikki & Victor is a primary one, and the inevitability of Victor/Ashley an even bigger one - but I have to say WORD to your endorsement of Melody Thomas Scott. Watching her take Nikki from self-involved, shallow teen to complex leading lady has been one of the joys of the show for me.

CanSpy

CanSpy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 2:37 PM

I'm not usually a Sark supporter, but I love the way David Anders plays him (sucky writing notwithstanding). His accent is spot on, he has this great lop-sided smirk, and he can act circles around a lot of people twice his age. Kudos to you, Mr. Anders! Kudos!

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2004 @ 6:33 PM

Word up on the David Anders love. That man is what really keeps me tuning in every week.

Also:
-Alexis Denisof. Best actor on AtS IMHO.
-Mandy Patinkin. I fucking adore him on Dead Like Me, and he's Inigo Montoya for shit's sake.

LinaBo

LinaBo

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2004 @ 6:41 PM

David Anders is the only reason why I'm still clinging to Alias right now. He is just amazing. I keep praying that the writing will get better, and that his character will get un-assassinated. Until then, all I can content myself with is that no matter what crap they throw his way, he does the best with it that anyone could, and he always, always looks drop dead gorgeous.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2004 @ 8:07 PM

Watching her take Nikki from self-involved, shallow teen to complex leading lady has been one of the joys of the show for me.

And the one thing about Melody is that she doesn't look horrible after plastic surgery (because let's be honest, the woman is almost 48 years old. You don't go crease-free without some Botox). Other women her age or younger (I'm looking at you, Miss Eileen Davidson) look hideous, but Melody doesn't. She's just so perenially pretty.

Fragile Halo

Fragile Halo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 12, 2004 @ 11:05 PM

Vincent Kartheiser is such a great actor. Because I play so many RPGs in my spare time, I can't tell you a thing about a good or bad actor. That's because RPG characters can only move and there's no voice acting or real emoting besides a text box and sappy music. Anyway, I could tell he was pretty good, he brought me to tears in the season 4 finale.

espie

espie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2004 @ 7:10 AM

Oh yes, Patrick Macnee... (sigh) Been in love with him since I was five. My career goal as a kindergartener was to move to England and become John Steed’s partner. To this day I will watch absolutely anything if he’s in it. He still has that twinkle in his eye. I was so happy to see him turn up in a guest spot on “Frasier” a couple years ago, especially since the broadcast date was his 80th birthday.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Apr 25, 2004 @ 8:13 PM

Keeping in the theme of "Custom only posts about soap operas," I have the utmost respect for Robin Mattson. I thought she was so great as Gina on Santa Barbara. I really wish I saw her play Interplanet Janet on All My Children.

cal331

cal331

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 5:36 PM

You missed out on a good performance. She took the stereotypical wacko role and made her someone to root for. She was very three-dimensional, which you don't find too often in soaps.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 5:44 PM

I got a little bit of history on Robin Mattson's Janet in the AMC thread. It sounds very interesting, and now I'm really intrigued with her performance in the Jonathan Kinder storyline with Erica and Skye. I knew she could do good comedy since she played Gina, but was she even better playing Janet in that realm?

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 7:33 PM

IMO, Robin Mattson has always excelled at balancing comedy with a kind of vulnerability that stops just short of pathos [plus a nice streak of erotic wildness as needed]. Those qualities took her "Janet from Another Planet" to another place indeed, one no one who had previously seen Kate Collins' [excellent] original version of the character could have foreseen. Not only was she funny as hell, she totally convinced the audience that she could become true friends with Erica and Skye, and that she could do the absolutely impossible and win Trevor's love.

She's been great in absolutely every soap role, and they're a varied lot: Heather on GH, Gina on SB, Janet on AMC. I'd love to see her back on my screen...

bottleredhead

bottleredhead

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2004 @ 8:55 PM

Robin Mattson has always been one of my favorite soap opera actresses. After all these years, I still have the most vivid memories of her trying to poison Diana (I think?) with the iced tea, but she put the glass on the lazy Susan and the kid spun it so that Heather got the poison. ITA, TudorQueen, I'd love to see her again.

ghertigirl

ghertigirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2004 @ 5:34 PM

Steven Weber, Ron Eldard, and i can't believe no one has mentioned him . . . Michael J. Fox!

Edited by ghertigirl, May 12, 2004 @ 5:35 PM.

cocomovan

cocomovan

Couch Potato

Posted May 12, 2004 @ 6:45 PM

I'm a little late...but I too am feelin the David Anders love. His fake accent, is the most real of any accents on the show. I also am a fan of Kiefer Sutherland [that velvety voice] and Chris Pratt of Everwood. One of my favorite moments of him this season, was when Bright was smiling about how much fun the Prom was...and the girl he ended up with was different then what his sister amy had figured. If that makes sense.

TheCustomOfLife

TheCustomOfLife

Stalker

Posted May 12, 2004 @ 8:46 PM

Wait, bottleredhead, Heather tried to poison someone else and ended up poisoning herself? How dumb!