Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20131 replies to this topic

LucyEwing

LucyEwing

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 4:11 PM

I do finally agree with Kelly on something. I want to know what Linda Gray does from the morning she wakes up until she goes to sleep to look the way she does. She looks incredible. I grew up on Dallas (it inspired my user name) so I loved hearing Linda's stories about filming the original Dallas.

sunnysyde

sunnysyde

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 4:42 PM

Wow, knock me over with a feather. Except for Kelly's major messing with the band of her skirt at the beginning and saying it didn't fit anymore, I actually enjoyed today's show. I know. Her story about shopping with Lola was even normal.

She wasn't embarrassing with Dustin Hoffman or Linda Grey. And she did have a couple of questions and comments although, as usual, Michael did most of the heavy lifting.

Dustin even mentioned Regis. It was a quick comment about comparing the same job being done by both Michael and Regis. Something like that and Kelly agreed.

Maybe I should mark this day on the calendar.

Thought I'd give the show another chance today, but alas, back to boring. Wings are bad, and any white dipping dressing will clog your arteries.

Heat wave at 45 degrees and Kelly says she bundled up, walked outside and started sweating. Well, thank goodness she had that little short and sleeveless black dress to wear on the show. Idiot.

Maybe her fashion fairies are putting her in sleeveless outfits to save on the dry cleaning bills. Twice in the last few days Kelly felt she needed to share the fact she is sweating like a geyser during FF. although I doubt it matters if she has sleeves since the sweat was running down her sides when she treated us to her sweat stains yesterday! Blech! She informed us that her Botox treatments to control sweating did not work this time, since you need to be sweating during the injections. Just gross, and iMO unhealthy. I think paralyzing her sweat glands probably causes then to go crazy when the crap finally wears off. Do idiot rich women not realize that not sweating is not a great since sweat gets rid of toxins? Especially when you have an obsession with working out? It just seems so gross, and I don't get how a woman who claims to be freezing so much sweats like that. Makes me wonder if her body is reacting to her triple shot venti lattes, or if she pops some pills to stop her from eating and they have stimulants.

I do not believe for one minute she never has eaten a chicken wing. There was a time before she became the food police that she would brag about eating everything. She also used to be a bit chubby sand at times a healthy weight, and seemed to think she could eat anything . But, whatever the real story is, she comes off totally over the top and acts like she has major issues with food IMO.

I also read how she keeps a letter on her mirror from some idiot fan who told her she was fat when she was in the soap. Then there is the pillow with the skinny message on her couch in her dressing room!

The story about Mark was funny, but I noticed she said she was watching Dance Mom's when Mark came in in his scooter. I really think she is a bimbo who has no interest in anything that has any culture or class, and that is why the show was a total disaterwhen she was alone. Such a shame that a show based in a fun city like NYC has a star who sits home watching marathons of trashy reality TV instead of doing something interesting at least Michael tries to do things and tellsome interesting stories

Her fascinating story outbid the paper fell flat as usual from what I saw.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 8:34 PM

Kelly never had a chicken wing? Why do I doubt that. I'm even almost sure she had a wing eating contest when Regis was around. Maybe, I'm making it up. She really did get all indigent when the whole audience turned against her. It was pretty funny.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 8:36 PM

Was Kelly trying to turn the chicken wing conversation into something sexual when she was talking about swallowing the white sauce as Michael was yelling for her to stop? Pretty disgusting if she was, or my mind is in the gutter.

How nice of Mark Consuelos to expect everyone to bow down to him as he rolls around the apartment in his scooter. I'll admit that Kelly making the scooter noises was funny.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 9:17 PM

No, Balboa, your mind is not in the gutter.

I think Michael has realized that he needs to nip some of Kelly's conversations in the bud, such as this one, lest they enter the 'not fit for morning television' territory in warp speed.

Would love to be a fly on the wall at the Strahan/Murphy home.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 10:18 PM

I was wondering what Michael was doing when he was telling "no, no, no" about not finishing what she was going to say. Stupid me thought it had something to do with eating fattening food. I should not be so naive where she's concerned.

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 29, 2013 @ 10:36 PM

I was wondering what Michael was doing when he was telling "no, no, no" about not finishing what she was going to say. Stupid me thought it had something to do with eating fattening food. I should not be so naive where she's concerned.

OMG! I didn't notice that either! Well IMO this fits Kelly's trashy reality tv personality! Maybe her friend Andy can create a Real Housewives of "Long Island" show, and Kelly can be the one who is oh so funny and tacky with her sexual jokes that she freely tells in front of men!

gogat

gogat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:56 AM

Loved the horrified expression on Kelly's face when Michael said she would have to eat chicken wings if she lost the bet! Don't believe she never had one. She also became so passive aggressive when the audience was yelling out how many they thought she should eat.

kitkatt

kitkatt

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 11:39 AM

I agree with Kelly about her phobia with chicken wings, however, I think she has a fear of food in general, and I do remember a time when that didn't seem to be the case. I remember Kelly being less hyper, and I also see her as so fake now, where she was just a normal person. I also remember her actually eating food when they had segments, and not acting like she was putting poison in her mouth, and she also used to actually talk about indulging during holidays.

Now, I think Kelly is a botoxed, coffee guzzling mess with an eating disorder. IMO she has let her fame and her rich lifestyle affect her and she is trying to live up to some ridiculous goals with her diet. I also wish she would stop acting like she is the food and health authority when she is underweight by about 15lbs, and she also has to have designers send her girl's sizes when they send her jeans - as we found out on FF. It's sad IMO that this is "normal" in the socio-economic group that Kelly belongs to.

bella2828

bella2828

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:07 PM

I found Kelly unbearable this morning, but LOVED Michael's reactions to a few things!

First of all, I do seem to remember her biting into wings when chefs came on and cooked them for Superbowl recipe segments and on the gril. So, IMO this how little thing about her phobia to chicken wings is bullshit! I think it's some stupid little thing that she and Gelman cooked up when she was getting her hair and make-up to get ratings. Feb sweeps is coming, and Kelly picked the team most likely to lose, so she can have the chicken wing episode on the air.

But, even if she is telling the truth, her reaction to the audience was so annoying to me. First her stupid "I had a bad childhood" comment when people couldn't believe she didn't have a wing, was just obnoxious since I truly believe in Kelly's brain, not having her multi-million dollar life style was "bad" or traumatic, which is pathetic IMO.

Second, her tacky comments yesterday about "white sauce", which made Michael tell her to "stop" were just digusting, and right in line with her other gross behavior when she hosted alone.

When Michael tried to make conversation and ask Kelly what she did, she watched Dance Moms - what a surprise! The audience had NO reaction. Then she goes on to say tha there's a lot of "bad" behavior going on from the mom's but they must be doing something right because she can't stop watching! NO Kelly, it's because you get into tacky inappropriate things.

I truly feel bad for Lola having a mom who thinks Dance Moms is the epitome of entertainment. She actually has watched marathons with her daughter which I find sickening. And for her to think that the "moms must be doing something right", because their little girls are good dancers is just disgusting IMO. Any mom who enjoys seeing little girls being pushed and made to cry for entertainment has issues IMO, and subjecting your daughter to that is pretty sad, since she thinks it's the reason Lola wants ballet lessons. I can't watch it - unlike Kelly who somehow can't stop watching a show where 9 year olds cry because someone insults her mother.

I did love how Michael looked very turned off by her description of Dance Mom's, and said sarcastically "I got to watch that show". And I notice that unlike Kelly he doesn't say disparaging things or bring up embarrasing stories about his children, and his comments about not liking people pushing their kids was great!

The contrast with Kelly and Michael is getting more and more apparent. He is classy, she's not IMO.

I also loved how she asked Michael what a child they had would be named, and he said, "divorce"!!!

I think Michael likes Kelly, but I think he knows she is a flake, and sometimes he looks like he is looking at Art or Gelman when she says something idiotic.

I think Kelly was taken back by his "divorce" comment, since I think she thinks she is some irresistable babe, even though she does the constant self-deprecating crap!

junebugs

junebugs

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:24 PM

I also loved how Michael said "divorce" would be the name of their child! What was even better was the sustained applause by the audience! It's like Michael and the audience are totally in synch about her! I think he really gets the audience reaction, where the audience barely reacts to her Dance Mom stories and other garbage she spews.

From his reactions today about her love of watching little girls crying for entertainment, I think he is beginning to wonder about her of already thinks she is and idiot for doing that.

The chicken wing thing does not surprise me, I think she has a serious eating disorder, and I have thought so for a while. She is always scolding and preaching about healthy food, and comes off really annoying IMO.

fl2dc

fl2dc

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 7:35 PM

I also loved how she asked Michael what a child they had would be named, and he said, "divorce"!!!

I took that to mean both Kelly and Michael would get divorces from their significant others if they had a child together. I know Michael is not married but he's on his way to being married.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:16 PM

She came onto Michael with that comment about them having a baby together and she also came onto Chris Harrison today at one point in their interview....now granted, they are both very attractive men and she has a long running history with both, but there was an ick factor about the way she was gushing for sexual attention. Gee, you'd think Mark Consuelos would be enough for a girl...

and again, another red top. Is this #5 in the past 2 weeks? I thought maybe it was for February and Valentines Day...but then I remembered, it's still January. Stylist Faith, you gotta mix it up a bit.

cottagegrl

cottagegrl

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 9:29 PM

she and Gelman cooked up when she was getting her hair and make-up to get ratings. Feb sweeps is coming, and Kelly picked the team most likely to lose, so she can have the chicken wing episode on the air.

bella2828, oops part of your quote got caught off, it was about her phobia of eating chicken wings. I truly believe that she has one, it is all because of the calories. Also, I disagree about about her wanting to lose and having to eat the wings. I think that is the LAST thing in the world she wants to do, and is scared to death of even having to eat one, only because of the calories. I think she already opened the door for her to have a way out of doing it, when she said not to be surprised if she vomits and to have a bucket ready. I believe she will act like she's going to be sick after taking one bite, and say she has to stop.

goldnpuppy

goldnpuppy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 30, 2013 @ 10:07 PM

I didn't think that Kelly and Gelman cooked up that chicken wing scheme until they conveniently had a clip of Kelly working out as soon as she did the Super Bowl challenge. I think Gelman put up a sign suggesting that Michael have Kelly eat wings. I just think this is a ratings ploy.

BravaBravo

BravaBravo

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:44 AM

Interesting pic of Kelly. LOL.

http://www.jedimouse...t-eat.html?m=1'>A wing or not a wing?

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:27 AM

BUSTED!!!!!! Now, how can we get this picture to Michael Strahan for tomorrow's show? Somebody needs to send this to the IN BOX.

Edited by ByaNose, Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:29 AM.

bella2828

bella2828

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:27 AM

Interesting pic of Kelly. LOL.

A wing or not a wing?

Looks like a wing to me since the article was about wings! Probably from a cooking segment when Kelly was not yet afraid of food or preaching about eating habits. I believe her when she says she has developed a phobia to wings, but I also believe she is just plain afraid if food in general!

I think that she could have just said she will not eat wings rather than her fake little display of saying she has never had a wing touch her lips! I think it's totally a ploy by her and Gelman for sweeps ratings, and IMO shows what a twit Gelman is, and what a fake Kelly is.

I don't think Michael knows about that Kelly is being fake about not having had wings, so I think he went along with Gelman's suggestion to have Kelly eat wings if she loses. I notice she also picked the team that us most likely to lose by all preddictions, so we can be treated to the drama as she eats her "first" wing!
I think since ratings are not as great as they were since every other show is back from hiatus from the holidays, Ellen has surpassed them ! So they can't keep bragging about bring the number 1 talk show anymore, so now we'll they will get drama from aol videos and press that leads up to Kelly pretending she never ate a wing in her life! There us a chance the Ravens may leun, but u dint out it past Gelman and Kelly to do this!

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:45 AM

Thats a great idea ByaNose ! I think Michael at times is surprised by Kelly's cimments, and may think she's silly, but I doubt he, or many ithers realize how so much of what she says is just not true if you really know what she had said or done in the past.

IMO Kelly is so fake in general, and makes up for her lack of skills by telling fake stories , and fake gushing over celbrities, so she they all live her since she strokes their egos. Even Mark called her on
Lying about one if her exaggerated stories when he co hosted!

Jeanolo

Jeanolo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 9:48 AM

What a freaking phony. "I have a chicken wing phobia. I have never eaten a checken wing." Yes you have, Kelly. Quit lying. If it's done for laughs, it's not even funny. Most people love chicken wings. They are the same chicken that the rest of the chicken is made of, except there is much more skin to meat than the other parts. Hey, Kelly, "IT TASTES LIKE CHICKEN." And Kelly? It's okay to eat six chicken wings. It is not an extreme thing to do. It is called moderation. SHE IS THE EXTREME.

More nekkid talk. Today, she was "naked" when the show started. First thing outta her filthy mouth. Michael tries to go with it, but there's only so much he can do. He said, "You look good naked!" Audience didn't like that. Kelly backpedals with, "I was wearing a full length spanx." But that's not enough, she describes a spanx that zips over her head. If only, Kelly. If only we could zip that sucker right over your face and big mouth. It would be a HUGE improvement. Don't give us any more ideas.

Wrong again, Kelly. Plenty of women watch the Super Bowl for the football, NOT BEYONCE. I could give two rips about Beyonce.

Kelly, please go on vacation and let a guest co-host show you how it's done. Kelly Ripa, a first class twit.

junebugs

junebugs

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 10:16 AM

Jeanolo ITA!~ I think Kelly has always been incommpetent and not to bright, but she has morphed into a first class phony! There is just something so obnoxious about her making such a big deal out of not eating something, and saying over and over that she NEVER at them, and then we see a picture of her on a site with one in her mouth, on her show, and at Disney- the company that owns her show!

The more I hear and see her trash talk, her sexual talk and coming on to men, her mocking and disregard for her family and children's privacy, I find her more and more unlikable, and truly think she is on the level on trashy reality show star.

Yesterday, she actually asked Jennifer Lawrence if she waxes or shaves her legs! Wow Kelly, very intriguing questions.

Today they waste how much time playing another ridiculous game with Jason Bateman, as they did with Melissa McCarthy. I am thinking Gelman realizes he has a dunce on his hand, so he has to put games in the interviews to try and take up time and probably stop her from turning into a chance to talk about herself.

Her phony gushing today over Jonny Lee Miller was just awful. "I feel like we talk about you an inordinate amount of time"! Really Kelly? Then she goes onto say she talked to one of his co-stars in November! Kelly only talks trashy talk about her body, her botox, and reality tv, I have never heard her go on and on, day after day about a real actor!

I think Gelman is trying to turn this crap fest into the Ellen Show, but the difference is that Ellen is talented and genuine.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:05 AM

Why would you lie about a silly thing like chicken wings...sick.

She is just so base. She is so worried about the stair run and having someone fart? Let's face it someone who loads up on coffee and fish crackers is most likely to be the one with the gas problem.

When you have people like Anderson Cooper say she is in wonderful shape it only reinforces the food issues that this 42 year old woman has. Saw a picture of her from 2003 and she was downright glamorous and with a knock out figure that any woman would envy.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 11:36 AM

I will say that it irks me that Kelly can act so dumb and make millions doing it. She was (seemed) so funny & sincere when she first started the show but now she is so shallow & superficial that she has ruined the show for me. I think I would respect her more if she just came out and said that she was filthy rich and there isn't anything anyone can do about it. I so miss Regis. I know there lots of other people who don't like Regis but somehow she was less annoying then because she knew he did all the "work".

bella2828

bella2828

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 12:31 PM

bella2828, oops part of your quote got caught off, it was about her phobia of eating chicken wings. I truly believe that she has one, it is all because of the calories. Also, I disagree about about her wanting to lose and having to eat the wings. I think that is the LAST thing in the world she wants to do, and is scared to death of even having to eat one, only because of the calories. I think she already opened the door for her to have a way out of doing it, when she said not to be surprised if she vomits and to have a bucket ready. I believe she will act like she's going to be sick after taking one bite, and say she has to stop.

I think she has a general fear of food, but she is obviously lying and can eat a wing -since she has done it on the show - in Disney World no less ! I also think that she has done it on the show during other segments. I actually think she would love love to put on a show and vomit for the audience - it's reality tv at it's best! I doubt she is sickened by the idea of wings, except for the fact that they thinks she will automatically blow up into an obese person.

I can just see Gelman telling Kelly to suggest a challenge, and pick the team that is the underdog, and telling her that he will suggest on a cue card to Michael, that she has to eat wings. Oh the drama! And it will be on next week or the week after - a big build up - complete with promos and videos and segments on entertainment shows - all in time for sweeps!!!

The thing is, she has eaten them, they didn't make her vomit, and it's just insulting to the audience to have this fake bimbo doing this for millions IMO. I also think they are lying to Michael too which is kind of shitty. I think he really believes her bullshit stories!

goldnpuppy

goldnpuppy

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 12:38 PM

She came onto Michael with that comment about them having a baby together and she also came onto Chris Harrison today at one point in their interview....now granted, they are both very attractive men and she has a long running history with both, but there was an ick factor about the way she was gushing for sexual attention. Gee, you'd think Mark Consuelos would be enough for a girl...

She also was in her glory when she used the worked "naked" and Michael played along today IMO! Seemed to me like she was giddy with excitement that she thought she turned on her co-host, even though he is engaged and she is married!

Her comments yesterday to both men seemed to me like an opening to get some reaction from them about how wonderful sex would be with Kelly!

The more I see her, the more I see a middle aged teen aged girl, who is the cheerleader type, with not too much in the intelligence dept. who has gotten where she is by ass kissing, and needs constant attention from men, even if they are takent.

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 12:45 PM

Michael sucked today and looked very unprofessional introducing the movie clips - he should be embarrassed. Jason Bateman is a real tool - talking about drugging your one year old with sleeping pills. Since we know that every damn thing on this show is taken literally, I hope someone contacts CPS. He should have stuck to having no children - you could see how appalled Kelly was but Michael sure enough chimed in saying how to drug them - sick.

I don't blame Kelly for not wanting to eat a chicken wing - 22 grams of fat in every damn one - it is disgusting and I can't imagine cramming 6 into your mouth let alone one. I would much rather hear of Kelly talk about not being dressed, as I am not a pearl clutcher, than drugging your child - and being rather gleeful about it.

Sad show!

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:02 PM

Not wanting to eat a chicken wing is different than being a fake and saying repeatedly that you never had one in your life, and acting like you will vomit, when you ate them on the show! She could have just been honest and given another one of get lectures about not eating!

Yeah they are not healthy but being 93 lbs and breaking your hip from stress fractures isn't healthy either.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 1:35 PM

At this point in her life, I could see Kelly getting sick having to eat the skin and fat of a chicken wing, probably physically and mentally.

I don't have food issues and I don't like the skin and fat. So for me, wings are way too much work for the little bit of meat, and it's embarrassing to have all that left on the plate when others only have bones. I'll take chicken fingers and fries as my football food.

sunnysyde

sunnysyde

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 2:02 PM

I think Kelly's revulsion is not normal at all, and what bugs me more is her lying about it. I honestly had to turn her off today after seeing that pic and knowing she us a freaking liar! I wish they'd stop her from talking about food, she is so obsessed its disturbing IMO!

Jeanolo

Jeanolo

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 31, 2013 @ 3:19 PM

I don't blame Kelly for not wanting to eat a chicken wing - 22 grams of fat in every damn one

That is incorrect. According to several web sites, one wing ranges from 60-90 calories, and 5-6 grams of fat. So six wings would have about 360-540 calories, and 30-36 grams of fat. I'm sure widdle Kelly can eat that without gaining any weight (oh! the horrors! What if she gained an ounce!).

She needs to get a grip.