Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20129 replies to this topic

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 6, 2012 @ 3:54 PM

I love beind a pee-on. Life is good!

This is from the previous page. I don't get it; is it an inside joke from the show that I missed?

On the Halloween episode there was the bathroom stall scene where Kelly as Long Island Medium is in the ladies room and of course there is pee and poop talk and the person that comes out of the bathroom cubicle is the real Teresa Caputo.

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 10:46 AM

Kristen Stewart has got to be one of the worse guests ever. She has a monotone voice and is boring.... Harrison Ford is a pretty boring guest but he usually tries to have something funny to say or smile. I used to think he was the worse guest ever but Kristen has now stolen that spot. Never made it through her interview - went to clean my bathroom instead of listening to her - she was that bad.

finnzup

finnzup

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 11:12 AM

Have not watched this crapfest since before Sandy. As it is now, I am officially a 'displaced person.' With that coloring my perception of the twit that is called Kellmee Ripashowtoshreds, I find her to be the most entitled, arrogant creature on tv.

Yesterday's comment, "just send money!!" was over the top....I walked out of the room with a few choice words for her. Yes Kelly, and just who should 'send money?' and who should they send it to? Presumably, you meant you and Michael. Hmmmm,,,,,still don't have enough money?

A huge portion of your listening audience has either lost their homes or are not able to access their homes and will not be able to for quite some time.

Yes Kellmee, you continue to be the most self-centered individual I've ever seen in the media. Glad to know you and your children toughed it out at your luxury hotel and your children came through unscathed.

Can't even comment about the rest of the show because I could NOT make it through the first few minutes of their self-centered drivel.

Edited by finnzup, Nov 7, 2012 @ 11:14 AM.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 11:40 AM

Kristen Stewart is always a bad guest. I don't know if it's nerves or what. Her leg was shaking and it was distracting. But she is much prettier than I'd realized. Has a LisaMarie Presley look to me. That is, bfore LMP messed up her look with bad plastic surgery...ugh.

So much dead air on today's show. Michael is trying so hard but it's like being the lion tamer in a circus and the lion is just sitting there. He can only tap dance so much.

I forgot to mention...here in NY we get a live show promo at 830a while Kelly is still in the makeup room. Yesterday, they asked her what was to come on the show (in a half hour). Kelly's answer was "we have Gabrielle Douglas and I don't know who else". Great preparation, Kelly.....

CathyB55

CathyB55

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 12:21 PM

Poor Kelly, her big problem this morning was static. She needed more than static guard she needed to get a blouse that fit her. Michael with his silly facial expressions annoy me. They both seem so immature that is probably why they are adored by the younger immature audience. Didn't finish watching host chat too unbearable.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

So much dead air on today's show. Michael is trying so hard but it's like being the lion tamer in a circus and the lion is just sitting there. He can only tap dance so much

LOL. I hear you. It's hard work just watching him try so hard. At the moment I believe he is sincere in trying to make this work. As for the piece of fluff....carry on. LOL.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 7, 2012 @ 12:52 PM

So much dead air on today's show. Michael is trying so hard but it's like being the lion tamer in a circus and the lion is just sitting there. He can only tap dance so much

LOL. I hear you. It's hard work just watching him try so hard. At the moment I believe he is sincere in trying to make this work. As for the piece of fluff....carry on. LOL.

gambrelli

gambrelli

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Can you find more scintillating conversation than Kelly and Michael's series of questions in the Robert Pattinson interview?:

What's your favorite thing in the host bar?

What's your favorite candy ?

Do you like gummy bears? OMG, they're my favorite.....

What about that toberelone rectangle thing? Do you like it ?

Did I mention gummy bears?

Next week's top questions:

What's your favorite color?

Do you like red?

OMG, I love red.

Edited by gambrelli, Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:29 PM.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:38 PM

Rob Pat did reply that those Toberlone bars are only stocked at fancy high end hotels. I don't think she knew how to quickly respond to that.

Stlouielouie

Stlouielouie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 1:53 PM

Completely and totally a boring show today. We get it New York and New Jersey - you all are the only ones that anything happens to or maybe it is just important when it happens to you guys. People have hardships all over this country and world - but it is only brought up constantly when it hits the East Coast and only in that area. People in Joplin are still homeless and it has been over a year and except for one damn morning it wasn't even mentioned again. Robert Patterson was better than his girlfriend but barely. The game crap has to stop and the belly dancing was a waste of my time - but I then turned it off so maybe it got better... I did like the trivia caller - she was cute on the phone about the fingers....that was all.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 2:02 PM

Rob Pat did reply that those Toberlone bars are only stocked at fancy high end hotels. I don't think she knew how to quickly respond to that.

Well lying is hard work. Honesty is alot easier.

CathyB55

CathyB55

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 3:03 PM

Did anyone notice the dead silence during host chat. A few times you could hear Gelman giggle. The only time there seemed to be a lot of applause is when she mentioned that RP would be coming out. Then the audience went crazy.Seems most of them were there to see him and IMO didn't find the newpaper articles that Kelly was attempting to read very funny. I hope one day her sons see a Yeti because everywhere they go they look for a yeti, Of course Robert is the favorite of the entire Ripa Consuelos family, she was shopping with her mother and mother in law and I guess according to Kelly the 2 older women were so excited because they are such fans. Find it hard to believe someone in their 60's and 70's gets excited about the Twilight series. Another lie.
I see they hid her outie with a bauble. I turned it off during the RP interview then turned in on a few minutes before it was over to get the weather and saw her in the belly dancers costume. Don't tell me she did a belly dance.
Michael was jumping around like a chimp with his Marahajah costume. Kelly is like a child wants everyday to be Halloween so she can wear a costume.

Edited by CathyB55, Nov 8, 2012 @ 3:04 PM.

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 4:04 PM

I got busy and didn't post something Kelly said during hostchat on Wednesday. She told the story about how MARK COUNSELOS will not let her check in luggage, so she has to wash her underwear, sincs she can't pack much. So we are supposed to believe a family of 5 just brings carry on luggage! Does Kelly forget that when Regis lost lugggage before, she told him that they FED EX their luggage door to door, to avoid checking it in? That is an example of what I can't stand about Kelly.

She just acts like she is some average person, who does nothing that a millionaire would do if they didn't check in their luggage, just like she was supposedly dirty and suffering from no power, when that was bullshit, and she was at a luxury hotel. Or when she said she acted like it was a bid deal because she was in a hotel where the turned down the bed, and put chocolates on her pillow, all while she and her family take vacations to resorts that the royal family frequent! Most people wouldn't be able to afford FED EX, since is costs as much or more than their airline tickets!

BTW why does she act like Mark is not her husband? She acts like she is taking about a person she just met, or some stranger. Why can't she just call him "Mark"?? Michael doesn't refer to his girlfriend by first and last name, and Regis did not call his wife by her first and last name. It's just weird! I wonder if it's to make sure everyone knows his name, so they don't call him Mark Ripa! LOL

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 4:42 PM

I'm sure they have clothes in closets in all of their homes and if they are somewhere else they can just buy what they need. No biggie Kellme.

BTW why does she act like Mark is not her husband? She acts like she is taking about a person she just met, or some stranger. Why can't she just call him "Mark"?? Michael doesn't refer to his girlfriend by first and last name, and Regis did not call his wife by her first and last name. It's just weird! I wonder if it's to make sure everyone knows his name, so they don't call him Mark Ripa! LOL

It is kind of pathetic. His name is even tattooed on her wrist! LOL.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 4:47 PM

Wonder if Mark has a tatooed name on his wrist as well. Just in case, in public if someone yells out :

'hey look it's Mark Ripa' - Kelly's husband"

Then he simply would hold up his arm and state that it says Mark Consuelos.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

She told the story about how MARK COUNSELOS will not let her check in luggage

Hey Kellme you are a grown woman (and very self sufficient)...you can do whatever you want girl.

Wonder if Mark has a tatooed name on his wrist as well. Just in case, in public if someone yells out :

'hey look it's Mark Ripa' - Kelly's husband"

Then he simply would hold up his arm and state that it says Mark Consuelos

LOL!

AlineR

AlineR

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 6:56 PM

Dear TWOP Pembleton,

Thanks for the warning about my recent post:

"This is boards-on-boards because you're talking about other posters instead of the show. Don't do that. Talk about the show. Thanks."

Fair enough, TWOP Pembleton.

Except:

90% of the forum's posts are in flagrant violation of more than one of TWOP's Howard's forum rules as posted on every page of the "Live" forum, so apparently there are rules and then there are rules.

"Nothing about Kelly's appearance is on topic here. Nothing."

"If your posts often focus on Kelly's marriage, body, or kids [...] you're using it to work through your issues (usually with Kelly). Please do yourself and all of us a favor and stick that stuff in a blog."

"Keep your comments about the show in the here and now, rather than using something that happened in the show as a chance to reiterate your head canon about [...] Kelly is a terrible mother/friend/human being/saint"

"... [Don't] often submit the same sort of posts"

Here are two posts of dozens - from just the last couple of days - that I could have picked as exhibits containing content that, according to the rules, shouldn't have been posted:

Here's a typical short one:

"I really don't feel sorry for her, she is not bright, has no skills, and can't even do the job she is paid millions to do. If she hadn't lucked out by being a bimbo blonde they needed in some silly dance show in her cheerleading outfit, and wow she sounded like a bimbo, even [yada yada]"
-----------------

And here's an extraordinary dissertation that seems to use the posted rules of what not to post as a checklist of items to include in this entirely ad hominem post:

"The Emperor(Empress Kelly) has no clothes(gravitas). She knows it. Everyone around her knows it and yet is pretending she does and she is going along with the circus.

I have been watching this show since 1978. I finally stopped watching right after Regis left the show. Such a stark contrast between watching Regis in a time of crisis in New York and now Kelly. It's pathetic and laughable.

I don't watch the show but understand Kelly, NOT ONCE, has spoken about her parents in New Jersey and how the storm has affected them or not. Yes, she cried crocodile tears and mentioned some theme park in New Jersey she would have liked to take her children to(not once in 15 years did the thought occur to her? Sure, Kelly, we know exactly how much that theme park meant to you), but not one word about her own family. Strange.

I have always known Regis, Kathie Lee and now Kelly were/are uber rich. Not once in these 30+ years of watching this show did I ever see/feel Regis to be apathetic to the hardships of the common man.
Even in times of crisis when 99% of the people around them were affected by natural disasters, terrorism, etc. and Regis/Katie Lee/Kelly were up in their luxury ivory towers, you could always sense Regis was genuinely thankful and aware of how lucky he was to be living a life that was shielded from those hardships. He showed genuine concern and empathy for those who were suffering, often times getting deep and dirty, taking us to the actual site of the disaster and "reporting" about the horrible conditions.

Kelly Ripa is a whole different animal. From the time she got out of high school, she has earned her living as an actor on a soap opera, faking. Being someone else other than her authentic genuine self for 12-14 hours a day on All My Children has warped her sensibilities. Every time she was in front of a camera, she had to portray some fake character. Which is what she has continued to do when she became a host on LIVE. The minute she has a camera in her face, she automatically reverts to being fake. It's like a default setting in her consciousness. She probably doesn't even know how to be her genuine self. This is not to defend her, but rather try to explain why we, the majority of the audience, are constantly disappointed by her lack of authenticity and sincerity.

Being a host on a talk show, one has to reveal oneself, make themselves almost naked to the viewing audience, as it were. An authentic Kelly is a piece of fluff at best. This woman is preoccupied with nothing but being skeleton thin, designer clothes, her looks, 1000$ pairs of shoes, her hair. Materialistic shallow stuff. This is what lack of education does. Kelly is not educated. She is not even well-informed. Her emotional development has not kept up with her chronological age. She probably knows she has no gravitas to carry on even a perfunctory semi-serious tone of voice and comment on the "serious" side of life in normal situations, leave alone in a time of crisis. Without any gravitas to her thought process, a true-to-herself Kelly is too shallow and superficial a person to carry on a serious note for any extended period of time(2 minutes?).

All My Children's Haley. Faith and Hope. These are the building blocks of her personality and experience. To expect anything other than juvenile teenagerish drivel from this girl/woman is foolish on our part. Yes we can snark all we want and vent our frustrations about how low this once-entertaining and quality show has sunk. We, the LIVE with Regis viewers, have to be intelligent enough NOT to expect anything better from Kelly. The dumbing down of America continues."

lavendergirl

lavendergirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

So I went to the show on Wednesday---here are a few observations
1. The new set is great--very well designed and homey. The audience is a lot closer than they look--we were about 20 feet from them.
2. Michael walked into the studio at 8 when we were waiting in line and spoke to everyone on his way in.
3. Kelly and Kristen Stewart are tiny.
4. Kristen took off her shoes as soon as her segment was over--I thought that was funny.
5. Michael goes into the audience during the commercial breaks with a mic. He is really nice--signing jerseys and autographs. Kelly talked mostly to producers and spruced up her hair and makeup. She did talk a little more to the audience while Michael was getting ready for the dance. Michael waits until the last possible moment to get back in his seat during the breaks. He was usually just sitting down when the music would stop playing.
6. Michael was very funny before the dance-- saying he was very nervous and blaming Gelman. It looked liked all the backstage staff came out to watch and he was messing with them that they never come out front.
7. The staff was genuinely thrilled for Michael and his dance--it was great to see how excited they were for him.
8. There were a few times Gelman openly cringed/winced at some of Kelly's jokes and fake laughed loudly to get the audience to laugh. She is really not funny.
9. When Kelly mentioned Scott Baio talking about his Christmas trees, the staff tried to get her to stop talking about it because the segment hadn't aired yet. It didn't work and she kept talking.
10. Michael is really funny and has a great rapport with the audience and the staff. Seems like Kelly knows this and kept trying to jump on his comments.
11. Kristen was nice after her segment and signed a few autographs. Seemed happy to do it.

Edited by lavendergirl, Nov 8, 2012 @ 9:25 PM.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 8, 2012 @ 9:52 PM

Thanks for the recap Lavendergirl! Really enjoyed reading.

Thought these two were very interesting:

8. There were a few times Gelman openly cringed/winced at some of Kelly's jokes and fake laughed loudly to get the audience to laugh. She is really not funny.
9. When Kelly mentioned Scott Baio talking about his Christmas trees, the staff tried to get her to stop talking about it because the segment hadn't aired yet. It didn't work and she kept talking.

Always wondered why Gelman was laughing so loudly at unfunny things. As for the second comment it really does prove that Kelly doesn't follow cues or directions. It's no wonder why they went into such a panic mode last summer and hired Strahan after the ratings tanked.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:47 AM

This is dialogue, word for word, that Kelly spoke on the show today (with regard to a story about skin care and aging):

Kelly: I don't know, I don't know, uh, I don't know, I don't know about that. No, uh, I, I, I know, I'm just, just, I'm thinking that, uh, I'm wondering about, eh- I'm wondering.

Took this verbatim from my DVR today. I swear, you cannot make this stuff up.

CathyB55

CathyB55

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Michael: Kelly what did you do last night?
Kelly: Umm, ummm ahhh umm, I didn't umm do anything.What did you do.
Michael: I went to an event with Bruce Springsteen, Robin William etc a benefit for the wounded soldiers.
Kelly: Oh umm ahh umm oh yeh I went to get my tattoo removed.

unosurvivor

unosurvivor

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

jamgram300, when you read it how you put it down, it sounds unbelievable, but yes, that is her host chat in a nutshell. WTH!

kitkatt

kitkatt

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 12:34 PM

Very interesting. I have recently thought that as much as I think Kelly likes Michael, and is happy he is there to save this mess, so she can go back to doing mot much of anything- I think she is now getting a bit insecure about him, and the fact that he has a large fan base, and it seems like the staff and audience react more positively to him than they do to Kelly.

I think at times she is so obnoxious, interrupting his stories, and needing to repeat her stories she has told over and over, like an insecure child who wants attention. Yesterday, Michael started talking about the Victoria's Secret show, and before he could really talk, we had to hear about Kelly and her story with Gisell Bunchen, and how she was fat when she was pregnant. blah blah blah. How many times have we heard how huge she was?

Then Michael was going to talk about his dinner at a restaurant, and Kelly repeated a story about how Howie Mandel paid for her dinner.

I don't think there is anything wrong with her telling a story related to what Michael does, but she was rude IMO, interrupted and took over.

I really am wondering if little insecure Kelly, can't handle the fact that Michael is a better host, is just naturally nice, and likable, and actually does do things, and can interview, so he is a better host IMO.

It is interesting that Gelman is cringing, and Kelly doesn't even take a cue not to talk about an interview that has not aired yet. IMO she is desperate to hold onto her "star" title, but Michael is actually more of the star, in spite of the fact that he has second billing, and makes less than half of her salary.

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 12:58 PM

Gotta admit, when Michael asked Kelly today "what did you do last night?", I thought he must know that she actually did something interesting. But no, she stammered, searching for what it was that she did last night....and it was nothing! Oh, except, she went to get her tattoo removed. Guess we'll be hearing about that for the next six months until it's gone.

It's amazing that Michael keeps getting invited to these amazing NY events....the Victoria's Secret fashion show, the fundraiser with Springsteen et al, and an art exhibit hosted by Kelly's dear friend Sam Champion...and Michael attends. You can't tell me that Kelly wasn't invited, especially by Sam Champion. But she can't even be bothered to go. Not even charity events, Kelly? C'mon...it'll give you something to talk about to your 10 million viewers the next morning (and justify your 20 million dollar salary to boot).

OpieTaylor

OpieTaylor

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 1:05 PM

we had to hear about Kelly and her story with Gisell Bunchen, and how she was fat when she was pregnant. blah blah blah. How many times have we heard how huge she was?

And how many times does she announce that she's had 3 kids, as if that is some kind of amazing feat? Today, she announced it when Michael asked if the tattoo-removal process hurts. Kellme said she doesn't know what pain is - or feel pain anymore, because she's had 3 kids. The only thing I can figure is that a big percentage of daytime TV audience is new moms, who are home on maternity leave, and so she thinks the frequent references to being pregnant and giving birth are relatable. But I would actually like to know if the tattoo-removal process hurts, how it's done, etc.; why couldn't she share some new info with us? Inform us, educate us - just a little?

Then with Taylor Lautner, the conversation kept returning to his shirtless scenes in the Twilight movies. That is just so old news. and eventually Kellme asked him if he manscaped.

ByaNose

ByaNose

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 1:09 PM

I will say in Kelly's defense (it pains me though) that Michael is single and doesn't even has kids living with him. So, it's just a little easier to go out to every hip event there is. Love it or hate it, Kelly does have 3 kids at home. I guess she could go out and leave the kids with Mark or get a sitter but then she would get bashed for doing that too. Of course, that has nothing to do with her stammering during host chat. Either, she didn't have anything exciting to mention and was embarrassed or she can't put a sentence together. I'll go with the former and not the latter. Man! She was totally at a loss for words but then felt she ended to say something after Michael's big night. Tattoos, anyone?!?

Edited by ByaNose, Nov 9, 2012 @ 1:12 PM.

andyllina

andyllina

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 1:34 PM

it'll give you something to talk about to your 10 million viewers the next morning

This show doesn't have anywhere near 10 million viewers. It's more like 3 million.

junebugs

junebugs

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:01 PM

Kelly is making 20 million to work one hour in front of a camera, and do FF for another 5 minutes. She admitted hersself that she comes in at 8am, and does no real prep. (What a shock!). There are matinees of plays and broadway shows in the city all the time, she could go to one of those shows, and give up one of her back to back spinning classes one day a week, or every couple of weeks. Studios also send talk shows copies of their upcoming movies. Maybe Kelly could watch a movie, so that when a guest comes on, she might be able to talk about the movie, or even talk about it during hostchat! How about reading a newspaper while she gets her hair and make-up done, so she can at least carry on a conversation without us hearing "uh umm", while she repeats one of her stories we hava heard over and over?

I know Kelly seems to like her marathons of Honey Boo Boo, or Dance Moms on Sunday, but maybe Gelman can tell her that she needs to give up 2 couple of hours of that wonderful tv, to actually watch something that she can talk about, or actually appear interested in guest's work, and not his manscaping or chest!

I don't think there is any excuse for Kelly to do nothing to prepare, or to have something to talk about. I found KL annoying, but she at least would screen the movies when she had small children, and lived in conneticutt.

Also, Mark usually is not working, except for the few weeks he works every year, why can't he stay home while she goes to an event. Better yet, when he goes out with his "boo", as he calls her on twitter, why not go to something that might be interesting to talk about on the air?

I do not think there is any excuse for Kelly doing nothing, when she does go out with Mark, and is making the kind of salary she makes. Women everyday have to find childcar, while they work 8 or more hours a week, and they make thousands, not millions a year. Regis was 80, and still admitted he went out purposely to have something to talk about at times. When you are bringing in the kind of money and have star billing.

I think she is super incompetent, for someone who has been there 12 years. Also, I think she is very much someone who expects the big man to come and rescue her, while she plays the bimbo cheerleader role.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

Very interesting. I have recently thought that as much as I think Kelly likes Michael, and is happy he is there to save this mess, so she can go back to doing mot much of anything- I think she is now getting a bit insecure about him, and the fact that he has a large fan base, and it seems like the staff and audience react more positively to him than they do to Kelly.

I'm feeling it too. And today when he talked about the events from last night I thought "I love you Michael".

Poor guy is then subject to belly dancing yesterday and pushing around a football prop today against Taylor from Twighlight. And then that Hip Hop thing today with little kids. Wow. The insecurities are mounting.

Also, Mark usually is not working, except for the few weeks he works every year, why can't he stay home while she goes to an event.

Oh no. She's the little woman you know. She has to hide her purchases and take no luggage on trips etc. She does the child-rearing etc. Mark Ripa wears the pants dammit. LOL.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

I saw Michael and Kelly as guests the other day on Katie Couric's talk show. They both had to perform some acting skits and Kelly who is known for her goofy ham it up antics did seem to recite or act out her parts in a stronger fashion that Michael did but the audience clearly liked him more with the loud volume of applause he received. Life just doesn't seem to be quite fair at times.