Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20125 replies to this topic

Shermie

Shermie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:31 PM

I can't believe Mark's mother, who is Italian, still speaks like someone that just got off the boat.

While Kelly's imitation could be an exaggeration, which is what people do when they mimic, it's also not uncommon for immigrants to revert to their old language and accent as they get age. I've seen it a lot.

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 10:56 PM

Oh well.
Chewing phobia, synchronizing chewing timing with others, me so horny?? asking Joel if he is manscaping, moustache waxing, prom prices, limo and tuxedo rental for prom, hairy chest, hair spray, married ministers, spray tans, messed up cuticles being picked, Gelman's chest hair, hair poking out of T-shirts, unbuttoning shirts, hairy men, animals throwing poop......

The above were topics for host chat on this show today. A chat between two 40-something adults. On a talk show aimed at an adult audience. I have no words.

SOMEBODY must like this type of a show. Wonder who?

lovetosnark

lovetosnark

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 7:42 AM

Get this.....two days in a row, different settings, KellMe & Gelman, together, in a commercial. wth is going on? Wow, he's pushing it, isn't he?

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 8:34 AM

Watched Friday's fashion finder with Kelly and Joel along with Kelly's eight member entourage crammed inside her dressing room. We learned that Kelly does not get to keep any of her clothing from the show unless she purposely stains it. She also claimed that Gelman has stayed up late into the night trying to remove stains before returning her wardrobe.

We also learned that Kelly's son Michael has the appearance of a large newborn baby. How mean and cruel is that? Poor kid.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

So she gets filled with rage when she hears people chewing?

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just food and the thought of actually eating something that makes her all ragey. Go take a couple of back-to-back spinning classes, you friggin' whackjob.

Cementhead--I wish I could figure it out too! Hope the problem can be fixed and we can get rid of the page number.

Fingers crossed, gogat! :)

Edited by Cementhead, Apr 14, 2012 @ 9:17 AM.

lovetosnark

lovetosnark

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 10:56 AM

Yeah, I'm thinking it's just food and the thought of actually eating something that makes her all ragey. Go take a couple of back-to-back spinning classes, you friggin' whackjob.

omg, Cementhead, I'm rolling here! rofl

grainofsalt

grainofsalt

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 11:45 AM

Not sure if this helps those having trouble with the website--

I clicked on My settings at the top of the page (where your signin name is). Then I went to the last area of the page and clicked on new posts since last visit,

My bookmark for TWOP is the talk show page and it lists them in order of most recent show posted on. My pages post the same way they did before the update. It goes to the page where I last read.

Good luck.

finnzup

finnzup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:39 PM

KellMe & Gelman, together, in a commercial. wth is going on? Wow, he's pushing it, isn't he?

Ewwww, I just saw it! What is Gelman thinking? He never acted this way when it was Reege & Kel. He's a weirdo, imo.

The commercial was ridiculous, don't know what Kelly's facial contortions and arms were doing, but I guess in her head, she had a plan,lol.

gambrelli

gambrelli

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 6:36 PM

[quote)Chewing phobia, synchronizing chewing timing with others, me so horny?? asking Joel if he is manscaping, moustache waxing, prom prices, limo and tuxedo rental for prom, hairy chest, hair spray, married ministers, spray tans, messed up cuticles being picked, Gelman's chest hair, hair poking out of T-shirts, unbuttoning shirts, hairy men, animals throwing poop......

The above were topics for host chat on this show today. A chat between two 40-something adults. On a talk show aimed at an adult audience. I have no words.

SOMEBODY must like this type of a show. Wonder who? [/quote]

Great post, nish. It really is junk tv....with a brainless Barbie doll bent courtesy of the juvenile, narcissistic Kelly. How has this 40-something nine-year-old fooled so many people for so long?

I remember when Regis was in the host chair that Tony Bennett said he always watched the show in the mornings. I just can't imagine him watching this crapfest now.....it really has sunk to the lowest level.

SanDiegoInExile

SanDiegoInExile

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 6:06 AM

I remember when Regis was in the host chair that Tony Bennett said he always watched the show in the mornings. I just can't imagine him watching this

85-year-olds are not the target demo. The show wants 25-35 year-old females who get their news from E! and US Weekly. If anyone outside that demo watches, that's gravy.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Apr 15, 2012 @ 9:10 AM

Now, we can't have gravy - at least not Southern style gravy. Kelly would die of scary food syndrome. Doubt there are even many sauces that would make it. Theirs is the Starbuck/Altoid demo.

I'm really going to try to watch Monday though.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:53 AM

DL did a nice job. A quick witted and funny guy.

Kelly could barely talk about the newspaper clipping of the Pitt/Jolie engagement and had to stop in mid sentence to skim the article.

Regis is going to be a guest co-host on The View Tuesday for those who want to watch.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 10:02 AM

Joel's OK. So many are better though. Host Chat was pretty boring last week.

The facination with the waxing continues.....

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:27 PM

Not sure where KellMe started; but it's perfect.

Tuned in for the usual hellish two minutes and here's the value it brought to my world: As usual KellMe was showing 8 by 10's of herself hosting some TV Land Awards show. I wonder why they hired her? Does TV Land suck as much as Live with Kelly? She was so proud of her catwoman (cheesy stunt) picture that she gave it to DL....who seemed perplexed, although polite. It will come in handy if he runs out of toilet paper.

She then proceeded to carry on about Markie's soft arms and how he must be secretly using in lotions. Don't most grown men have some hair on their arms? Or do KellMe and Markie get "two for the price of one little fella wax jobs"? With every "Ragina" wax...two free arms? WTF is her freakish jr. high school obsession with waxing? Although Markie probably has lots of spare time to play with lotions in the bathroom. As I recall, the Ripsuelos bathroom is a busy place according to KellMe.

The talk about NYC "stench" went on way too long; thanks to Kelly, who takes one little comment and drags it along for ten minutes trying to be funny. I've smelled various foul odors in NYC; none of them stink as much as this show.

What kind of vapid, empty minded person can even think of such worthless topics to discuss? I resent the fact that ABC Disney continues to attempt to dumb down viewers into liking this crap. JMO.

Edited by High Tea, Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:46 PM.

finnzup

finnzup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 6:03 PM

Couldn't agree more, High Tea.

Kelly and her 8 x 10's are so wrong. The beauty of Reege's reporting and bringing pics was the fact that he was "everyman." He brought little snapshots from a throwaway! My goodness, it was so endearing, imo. Kelly & Gelman are taking every bit of "I'm a part of this equation" out of the show.

I tried to watch crap-chat on-line and could NOT make it through to the end. Nothing against DL, but he was desperately trying to do his stand-up while sitting down. It did.not.work, imo. Sorry, DL.

Kelly's forced laughter has now taken an even deeper tone, she could not stop with that fake laugh. Kelly, good idea, but it ain't workin', lol.

gambrelli

gambrelli

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 7:21 PM

"

85-year-olds are not the target demo. The show wants 25-35 year-old females who get their news from E! and US Weekly. If anyone outside that demo watches, that's gravy. "

No doubt....but Tony Bennett is ageless and so is real talent and class.

But yeah, you're right, they are now catering to the "News for Dummies" sect.

When Kelly first arrived on the show she constantly referred to Regis as her "Big Daddy"...and it was always said with real Sugar Daddy undertones.

I always thought the term was demeaning to Regis....but it was a revealing one as it showed how Kelly viewed Regis - not in terms of his talent or in terms of the respect or love that he had engendered from the public for his long career. But only that 'the ageing' Regis was going to make her and Mark rich beyond their soap opera dreams.

It was only after about five years into the show and through the very evident affection for Regis displayed by Letterman and so many of the guests on the show that it finally dawned on her that she was working with a show biz legend and she shifted her position 'somewhat' to a more respectful ( and of course, advantageous) one for 'her' future. These legend coattails were worth riding - and so she behaved accordingly but now... 'it's all hers'....and no need to pretend any longer... so now we are seeing the real Kelly come forth along with all the vapid interests Kelly World revolves around.

With the new set she has moved into the main host show for interviews, marking her 'star of the show' territory...only with true poetic justice her pathetically fawning co-hosts now ironically see her only in terms of a forty-something Sugar Mama ....that could provide 'their' road to riches....as long as they continue to pretend they are interested in her juvenile and insipidly trashy stories....and of course, never attempt to better her inept interview skills by outshining her third-rate abilities. And if there is any fun left in the show it is in watching Kelly operate under her super-confident delusions of grandeur, convinced that she has earned legendary status of her own now...and that this long line of co-host contenders are there because they find her so fascinating and alluring....LOL

Beginning of last paragraph above should read:

"With the new set she has moved into the main host 'chair' for interviews....."

finnzup

finnzup

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

Just watched Fashion Blunder and all I can say is "wow." Kelly's love for herself is becoming more and more overt.

Today after looking at herself in the mirror, then turning around as if we are the "paparazzi" she throws and tosses her ratstenstions around as though she's in a shampoo commercial (methinks she's fishing for one since she does mention it) and tells us how much she "loves her hair."

After modeling her dress, she then shows us a pair of fugly, imo, shoes that I'm sure cost way more than they should and then she says how awesome they looked with her shorts! Yes, that's right, a pair of her stilettos with a pair of short, shorts. This is the outfit she wore to work today! The studio is somewhere on 65th?? NOT 42nd street?? lol

We also find out that the short shorts are "so tight" because all she's been doing is eating.

What a self-absorbed little twit.

Edited by finnzup, Apr 16, 2012 @ 9:15 PM.

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 9:50 AM

The beauty of Reege's reporting and bringing pics was the fact that he was "everyman." He brought little snapshots from a throwaway! My goodness, it was so endearing, imo. Kelly & Gelman are taking every bit of "I'm a part of this equation" out of the show.

Thanks for the trip down memory lane finnzup....back to Main Street in Greewich; a story about Regis and his driving as told only by his wife Joy. When I'm there I can picture him driving around and around the block exactly as she told it! How did we sink from that adorable couple to the current disaster: KellMe?

What was once so authentic and charming (Live) is now classless, not funny, and arrogant. I don't care about KellMe, Markie, The Hamptons (Long Island that is....to relate better to the minions), her fugly ill fitting, nipple dresses, her clunky shoes, her ratty ratstentions, her unemployed husband, her non eating rituals, her love of reality tv trash, her sexual remarks (gross), her waxed private parts (really gross), her teenage sons masturbation habits, her pooping imitations, her vacations, her work out routine (what NOT to do in my book), her silly imitations from Bachelor Theater to model walks, her "family" issues...making fun of people who have not made a choice to be public, her mug grabbing and sipping, and last but not least, her fake love of all the guests she knows nothing about (except Snookie).

To hear Regis tell a story about his sister in law "the winds of war" was so funny! Now we get a scary visual of KellMe's waxed wee wee or post salad sex with Markie as we sip our morning coffee or tea. Ugh.

Is Gelman really this unoriginal? Or is is some kind of pervert? Maybe he should be replaced too.

A while back there was an excellent point brought up about NYC being a part of the show. It was something I always enjoyed and appreciated. There are countless great things that could be done with this show; yet they allow this twit run horror show to continue. Isn't it sad that someone with so little talent continues down this path? Is anyone in charge there who could do something about this?

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 10:00 AM

Wow, the interview with Julia Louis Dreyfus was extremely ackward. Neither Kelly or DL can interview.

No travel trivia again today. Was this planned or did Kelly simply miss her cues once again?

Dbonz

Dbonz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 11:52 AM

I'm a little late in posting this but when Kelly was talking about hating people chew and said the word "Misophonia" they joked about it sounding like "Me so horny" however all I could think of that it was the perfect word for Kelly. Sounded like "Me so phony" and good Lord isn't that the truth!

scout56

scout56

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:59 PM

Yes it is very sad that someone with so little talent has got this gig, as many others I can think of on other morning talk . I never cared for Gelman's production ideas, even when Regis was on, but this is just so awful and pitiful that I don't understand why this isn't stopped. Yes, they have ratings, I guess I count, but I watch just to see how GOD awful this little narcissistic twit truly is and it boggles the mind! She has to be the most conceited bitch on earth among other horrible traits! And I watched FF ONCE, she is worse on that!

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

I tuned in after a few weeks and only the set has changed.

Um,uh,um.....Not sure if she knew what Ron Wood was on about. Did she get that he wasn't talking about the Rolling Stones?

Thank God I had to go to work before the lovely Jane Goodall came on.
I couldn't bear to see that interview.

bannana

bannana

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:35 PM

Is Gelman really this unoriginal? Or is is some kind of pervert? Maybe he should be replaced too.

There was a moment on a recent FF where Gelman was sitting on the couch and Kelly says to her assistant, what am I wearing and they go through the routine, and Gelman says about Kelly's blouse, it has slits, you can see through it, and Kelly and asst say no, you can't see through it and he says yes you can, and Kelly says no it is an optical illusion. It was such an odd thing for him to say.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

If tomorrow they time for Trivia, and if the question revolves around guest Ronnie Wood and let's say the contestant answers incorrectly, Kelly will most probably admit that she was there and didn't even remember that he was on or something similiar. Cue the laugh track Gelman !!

jamgram300

jamgram300

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:42 PM

Gelman and Kelly= Geddie and Hasselbeck on the View. Both dorky looking men who are so thrilled to be in the presence of women who would never give them the time of day otherwise. Not to mention that Gelman is just creepy.

I can only imagine that Regis is disgusted, that is, if he even tunes in at all.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 3:00 PM

omg, Cementhead, I'm rolling here! rofl

Thanks for the props, lovetosnark! :)

I tuned in to watch Monday morning and watched it on mute. From what I saw, for 5 to 10 minutes, Kelly literally held up pictures of herself (like someone else mentioned, 8x10 professional glossies, of course) dressed in various costumes (yet still looking like Peter Pan in every one) and playing with her hair. I imagined she must have been discussing her ratstentions or how she cries when she gets a trim, because she was literally sitting there playing with her hair and doing various things to it while chatting with D.L. Hughley. After she was done, she nonchalantley tried to make it all neat again by trying to casually glance at herself in the monitor to makle sure it was all back in place. She kept sneaking glances at it and re-adjusting. Watching her on mute sans volume totally jacks up her narcissism, it's hilarious and sad both at the same time.

Edited to say that I watched it on mute because I was working on my laptop at the same time. Otherwise, it sounded kinda creepy & weird that I would just sit there and watch it without any sound, lol.

Edited by Cementhead, Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:14 PM.

CattyTiger

CattyTiger

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

Yeah, I noticed her trying to check the monitor to fix the "nest" look. Loved how D.L. told her that all the black women - a group shown in the audience - can tell they are extensions, and they all agreed. Kelly did seems to think they weren't obvious, but what else is new.

CathyB55

CathyB55

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 4:09 PM

She messed up her ugly hair because she was mocking Lola saying that Lola sweeps her hair to the side and she now walks on a slant. She said she is afraid because she walks on a slant now because of her new hairdo when she gets it cut Lola will continue to walk that way. Sure Kelly scare the kid.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 8:18 PM

CattyTiger & CathyB55 -- Thanks for filling me in on the audio that I missed from yesterday's installment of Hair Chat. So, she was talking about herself & making fun of one of her kids; yep, that sounds about right.

kitkatt

kitkatt

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 9:45 AM

It was ironic to hear Kelly mocking her daughter who is about 10 years old, about her holding her head a certain way to keep her hair swept to the side, when Kelly herself can't stop touching and feeling her hair during the show, and also during FF from what I see. I can totally understand a child or teen being so conscious of their hair, but a 42 year old woman, who is obsessed with her botox and extensions is just pathetic IMO. Kelly looks and behaves like an insecure tween, not even a teen at times! Her hands are in her hair and she is checking herself out in the monitor. Yesterday, it looked like she played with her hair so much, that she had a piece of hair sticking up in a weird way, and finally noticed it in the monitor and fixed it. For a woman who has Oscar Blonde do her hair, and has hairstylists work on her hair everyday, it looks tangled and messy, and I think it's because she can't stop playing with her hair. I can't imagine been a young girl, and having a mom who fits into my clothing when I was 7 years old, and acts so immature, insecure and obsessed with her looks.

Kelly also had to mock her mom yesterday and tell us how neurotic she was about hair getting tangled in things. I wonder if she realizes how she comes across about her mom and her family. She may give the standard BS answer about admiring her mom in an interview for a magazine on Mother's Day, but it seems rehearsed and fake IMO. She never even mentions seeing a sister who is close to her age, or even seeing her parents, except if her dad happens to go on a trip with them. Seems to me she has some major issues with her mom, and she doesn't seem like she even has a sister. Everything is about Mark's family from what she says. If she mentions her family, it's mostly very negative

I liked DL a lot, he actually is funny and he READS the news! On FF he said he reads 3 newspapers a day. I noticed he was holding up newspapers, while Kelly had her little cheat sheets, with yellow highlights, so that she knows what to say, because otherwise she would not know a thing about the topic, and she holds them up to her nose because she can't see. When I see that, I wonder what person would want to have second billing and carry the show for her.