Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20123 replies to this topic

goldnpuppy

goldnpuppy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:06 AM

I really enjoyed Alec! He was funny and sarcastic, and honest. There was no ass kissing and assuring Kelly of how sexy or beautiful she is, like all of the other co-hosts do when she does her self-deprecating comments. He made constant references to her being too skinny, and calling her a swizzel stick was hillarious! Kelly seemed to not appreciate the fact he did not tell her she was gorgeous, in spite of her comments putting her self down, and at one point she said "I don't care, I really don't care", when referring to her flat chest.

THAT is real Kelly IMO! I think her little game of "I am so flat", "my hair is so ugly", "I look like a boy", did not work with Alec, so got a bit snippy in her response about her breasts. What I don't get is if she is so ok with her flat chest, why does she constantly mock herself? And if someone basically agrees with her, or doesn't kiss her ass and tell her she is gorgeous, why did she need to tell us she doesn't care if she's flat? I think it shows that her fake modesty is a way to get constant attention and compliments, similar to a high school girl.

I loved Alec being sarcastic when Kelly said that Snookie was pregnant, and asked Alec if he watched Jersey Shore! It was just so funny! He said "oh yes, right after watching....." and he named legit reports. When Kelly said that the NY post reported something he said 'well then it must be true", very sarcastically. He made Kelly look like a shallow bimbo with her Jersey Shore obsession by being so sarcastic, unlike the other co-hosts who have to watch the Bachelor to relate Kelly's idea of entertainment.

Do we always have to be subjected to Kelly's attempt at theater? Yesterday we had to have her being the soap star. She just acts like a little girl who has to be showing off all the time. Alec is hillarious, but Kelly is not when she tries do do her little theater skits.

As much as I love Josh Groban and NPH, I think they are too over the top with the butt kissing of Kelly. I would love someone like Alec who does not give into her childish need for attention. The only other person who would have been great IMO is Anderson. I remember after a week of her constant body talk, he finally called her an aging Peter Pan when she put on excercise clothes for a segment!

The only thing I didn't like about Alec is his red hair coloring. I get he has a young girlfriend and I think he looks great since he lost weight, but the color is a little wierd IMO.

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:28 AM

"You either have low nipples or high breasts." So says Gelman to Kelly on Fashion-Blunder in front of Kelly's "boss, Mr. Davis."

Don't even know who Mr. Davis is, but he was sitting on the couch as kelly did her narcissistic speaking at the camera talking about today's dress.

As other's have suggested, it WAS Gelman that couldn't leave well enough alone, Kelly was just about finished blabbering about her dress that she simplly "must own" and even had the nerve to suggest "her boss, Mr. Davis" buy it for her, to which Gelman blurts out "your darts, what about your darts" or words to that effect to which Kelly goes on a roll as only she can.

The nipplegate conversation continued including her admonishment to the camera to those that complained about her other ridiculous dress and making jokes about her 'falling nipples.'

I though it was so low class to talk like that in front of a man who is old enough to be her father and is her boss of some kind. The darts looked ridiculous, as they did on the other dress. I don't get how her stylist dresses her in things that do not fit her body and then Kelly scolds the audience when she looks like she has been in a cooler because of the darts not being filled out. They either need to pad her or put on another dress. It's not the audience's fault that she looks tacky in the chest area because she has nothing to fill out the darts in the dress, so they pucker up!

All of the pretend put downs she does of herself are so transparent as ways to just talk about herself and have everyone tell her she is gorgeous for sure from what I see. When Kelly really is herself, she shows how much she is so full of herself and feels she is one hot mamma IMO.

I clicked on another link to what I thought was the Live website and they had some picture of a man on a cycle, and the caption is telling us we too can get in shape and look like Kelly! No thanks. That is not in shape IMO. I don't think being underweight is a good goal, just like being overweight is not a good goal.

I also thought she said she was doing yoga in the past. I wonder if this is like her "computer free" declarations when it was obvious that she was totally into computers. I must say, I would love to have a camera on her with her dance class or whatever it is she is doing. She makes Elaine from Seinfeld look good when she dances, it must be great comedy to watch her "dance". I also wondered if her trainer changed her routine from running to dance, since her bones were probably so brittle from lack of nutrition, that she broke a hip at 40 from exercising. I also sadly believe her when she said that her job interferes with exercise. I totally believe she is an exercise bullemic.

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:19 AM

That's right Kelly...we do write about you and hit "send". I guess she thought she was cute mocking viewers who expect an articulate, witty, secure host who can put a sentence together without stammering. I e-mailed ABC directly today and will continue to do so until they do something about her. It makes me cringe to think about the hard working, educated and talented people who are wondering how to pay their bills while this twit makes millions just because Disney and ABC made some foolish executive decisions.

Host chat with Abrams was a waste of oxygen. Why did Kelly act shocked when he said his girlfriend is going to have a baby boy? He said that last time! So Kelly said she has missed him ever since...yet did not remember he said his pregnant girlfriend was having a boy numerous times?

It's really supposed to be funny when Kelly mentions Giselle and Heidi Klum then sucks her cheecks in, tilts her head and stares into the camera? I didn't think it was funny the first time and still don't.

I really wish they would just skip the food segments with Kelly. I find it to be very uncomfortable.

As for the ratings: I only watch so when I complain I will be able to identify the numerous problems in hopes that Kelly will be repalced.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 10:36 AM

She should have said she resembled Gynneth Paltrow as that was one of my first thoughts when I saw her walk out with her longer blonder straighter hair today. Of course, that would be more believable and not such a stretch but not keeping it real is more her funny schtick.

bella2828

bella2828

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:17 AM

That's right Kelly...we do write about you and hit "send". I guess she thought she was cute mocking viewers who expect an articulate, witty, secure host who can put a sentence together without stammering. I e-mailed ABC directly today and will continue to do so until they do something about her. It makes me cringe to think about the hard working, educated and talented people who are wondering how to pay their bills while this twit makes millions just because Disney and ABC made some foolish executive decisions

What was Kelly saying about viewers sending in questions? Is she getting sensitive about comments?

I remembered that Dan Abrams was having a boy, but Kelly didn't.

I just do not think she even listens to her guests at all, she seems to me to be just waiting for an opportunity to talk about herself, or do some kind of "acting" out of something she thinks is funny. It reminds me of a toddler who keeps yapping until they get the attention they want.

I feel sorry for Lola, she put her down yesterday, and seems to do that a lot. I also feel sorry for her for having a mom who acts like a teenager with a strong need for attention, who has issues with her body to the point that she was sharing clothing with her when she was 7 years old.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

Super fan!

LOL. Sounds like a Super Stalker!

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:00 PM

What was Kelly saying about viewers sending in questions? Is she getting sensitive about comments?

Kelly compared herself to Giselle and Heidi Klum then imitated viewers typing and "hitting send" to tell her she does not look like either of them. That's right viewers! Fan mail expressing love and gratitude only!

Guess she let the cat out of the bag: The everyday dumb "folk" who are too ignorant to know that sagging darts are not high fashion should not bother to remind her that she does not look like a super model.

Maybe FF will feature Kelly promoting "nipple ice", gleefully telling us how she froze her water bra for a more sophisticated look.

TheLady2

TheLady2

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

Kelly isn't a super model nevermind a talk show host. Pretty soon this will only be a local show instead of nationally shown.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:25 PM

"Can you tell us about your sock?" - Kelly
"Modesty permits..." - Don Cheadle

That was a low point, though I think Don is game for anything, but I swear I saw a hint of "really, she went all the way there..." flash past his eyes.

I had to watch today for Ben, and he made it worth it, bless his heart. "We were left for dead by NBC...", man did NBC screw themselves with Southland!

It was pretty funny when he said he was an econ/foreign affairs major and Kelly had [crickets] as a response. What a weirdo thing to say when she sort of chastised him for not traveling or using the degree when his "parents paid for his degree..." A bit nasty or just ignorant; I assume most people get loans they pay back or, considering he went to a state school - oh, I don't know - it was just a stupid comment. It must be quite a leg up to have 10-20 mill a year to send one's own kids to college, if they use that education!

I don't think I cared for the "tweet question" mid-interview, this isn't (supposed to be) Watch What Happens Live.

Gelman is always blabbing these days, like an invisible 3rd host. I know he has a long history of it, but if he wants to be cohost, be the cohost, otherwise please wrap your head around your ass again.

Hershey4

Hershey4

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 4:56 PM

So, now Adam Ant's "Kings of the Wild Frontier" album is Kelly's "favorite album ever". I actually started thinking about what I would say to describe various things that I really like and I think that's what I'd say...I really like Adam Ant's album. Or, it's one of my favorite albums.

This being said, I don't think Kelly MEANS to be taken literally. I've come to the conclusion that she just has a manor of speaking that uses a lot of embellishment. Everybody had their quirks, and I think that's one of hers.

Balboa

Balboa

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 5:20 PM

Below is the latest ratings info for Live. I honestly wonder if they're cooking the books in some way. Trying to spin it as positively as they can I guess.

http://tvbythenumber...d-demos/122674/

February 2012 LIVE! With Kelly Ratings Are Up Over Last Year’s Time Periods
Gains in W25-54 are +13%, with stronger gains in New York (+38%) and Chicago (+130%) as well as many other markets
· LIVE! With Kelly Has The Most Growth Of Any Big 3 Affiliate Talk Show
With a +13% increase, LIVE! leads over Dr. Phil (+11%) and Ellen DeGeneres (+7%), while Dr. Oz and Anderson are down from last year’s time periods
· LIVE! Ranks #1 (or #2) in its Time Period in 88% of Its Markets in W25-54 Ratings
#1 in all the big markets, such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and many others
· LIVE! With Kelly is Now The #1 Syndicated Talk Show in W25-54 Ratings
Averaging all airings in the LPM markets, LIVE! out-rates Ellen, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz, among many others

ctgirl2

ctgirl2

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 6:19 PM

I think the real Kelly emerges during Fashion Finder...with the camera on her & her creepy posse sitting there stroking her enormous ego. She had her little fit yesterday again after Gelman brought up the"darts" on her dress. She has such a nasty, bitchy side to her that sits just below the surface. Someday it will come out in full force & I cannot wait to witness it. Today she was bragging about how chivalrous Mark is and when she is with another man (what??) she walks right into the door because she is not used to it not already being opened for her. Oh, Kelly, don't we wish we could all be you?? She and Mark seem so full of themselves and their appearance I wonder how they even have time to think about their kids.

susieq147

susieq147

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:01 PM

February 2012 LIVE! With Kelly Ratings Are Up Over Last Year’s Time PeriodsGains in W25-54 are +13%, with stronger gains in New York (+38%) and Chicago (+130%) as well as many other markets· LIVE! With Kelly Has The Most Growth Of Any Big 3 Affiliate Talk ShowWith a +13% increase, LIVE! leads over Dr. Phil (+11%) and Ellen DeGeneres (+7%), while Dr. Oz and Anderson are down from last year’s time periods· LIVE! Ranks #1 (or #2) in its Time Period in 88% of Its Markets in W25-54 Ratings#1 in all the big markets, such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, and many others· LIVE! With Kelly is Now The #1 Syndicated Talk Show in W25-54 RatingsAveraging all airings in the LPM markets, LIVE! out-rates Ellen, Dr. Phil, and Dr. Oz, among many others

Two things that struck me. Saying that Dr. Oz and Anderson are down from the same time slot from last year. Well, big surprise, ANDERSON wasn't on last year. It's not surprising his show isn't bringing in the same ratings as what was there last year (which I think was OPRAH in some markets). And in a lot of markets (such as my own) Live is up against LOCAL shows so I'm not surprised it's winning those slots.

Showrunners always can twist and highlight certain ratings to make their show always look good.

I think the real Kelly emerges during Fashion Finder...

I really do think she has (or desperately wants) a reality show in the very near future. And if it means her no longer on Live, great.

I did think Alec Baldwin yesterday kinda pushed her buttons intentionally. And yeah, I admit I enjoyed it. IMO Kelly doesn't need her ego fed any more than it already is.

dawn9476

dawn9476

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:31 PM

If the powers that be want a space for Katie they need not look further than The
Revolution, The Chew or The View those are all bad, Kelly continues to get
huge stars and is staying ratings strong.

It's already been announced that Katie's show is getting General Hospital's timeslot in the fall. Whether GH gets canceled or replaces The Chew or The Revolution remains to be seen.

Katie probably wouldn't want Kelly's timeslot anyways since it would mean going up against the third hour of Today.

That's where they really whiffed. They should have offered the job to Anderson
Cooper shortly after Regis announced his retirement last January. It would have
been a much smoother transition, IMO.

Anderson was already contracted to launch a talk show in the fall of 2011 when Regis announced his retirement. The annoucement had already been made months before.

Edited by dawn9476, Mar 1, 2012 @ 7:34 PM.

athousandclowns

athousandclowns

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 8:56 PM

If my husband sat in an employee's dressing room like Gelman did and made nipple and breast remarks he would be dead meat. It is so creepy, but she does get to mention her lack of cleavage a couple dozen more times. When she has the little cardboard cutout of Anderson down her dress and keeps kissing it I can't believe she is her stated age. She could not be any more shallow if she tried.

itsmejessica

itsmejessica

Fanatic

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Don't even know who Mr. Davis is, but he was sitting on the couch as kelly did her narcissistic speaking at the camera talking about today's dress.

Speaking about her dress is was what I thought Fashion finders was or what ever its called I like KR but don't need to watch her on EVERY thing.

Cementhead

Cementhead

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 9:21 PM

If my husband sat in an employee's dressing room like Gelman did and made nipple and breast remarks he would be dead meat. It is so creepy, but she does get to mention her lack of cleavage a couple dozen more times. When she has the little cardboard cutout of Anderson down her dress and keeps kissing it I can't believe she is her stated age. She could not be any more shallow if she tried.

I've never watched this Fashion Finder thing of hers because (A) I'm too lazy to click over to their stupid web site to look for it and (B) quite frankly, I don't care, but every once in a while someone on here references something that happened on it that makes me almost want to wander my lazy ass over there, like Nipplegate for example. But I thank you athousandclowns for sharing that little disgusting nugget with us all because now I'm convinced I'm better off not going there. I can barely stomach her for 5 minutes during Host Chat.

meisja

meisja

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:40 AM

(Kelly) "Oh, so it's the same designer for Marni and Marni for H&M? How do we feel about that...?"
(stylist?) "Well, it's for people who can't afford the price point."
Obvious edit, and we're back with Kelly pulling Anderson out of her cleavage.
I'm pretty much speechless. Because wealthy people such as yourself Kelly, rarely, if ever, pay for their clothing, many designers are making a killing charging the peons at the lower price point.

And appealing to her pimp?(Mr. Davis) to buy her the "good" Stella McCartney dress, and his yukko comments from the couch over his blackberry speaking in a most-creepy voice, "put it on my bill, I'll pay extra for the enhancer."

Off-topic from Kelly's apparent newly-royal roots: The booker looks like a maybe-lower-rent Sienna Miller twin.

Edited by meisja, Mar 2, 2012 @ 3:52 AM.

ctgirl2

ctgirl2

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 8:58 AM

I just watched yesterday's fashion finder...Kelly's comment to her stylist, "how do we feel about that, is that where we're buying our Marni from now?" referring to Marni designing for the lowly H&M. It was disgusting!! Who does she think she is? She acts like she came from some blue blood background. And AGAIN (just like she did on Live! yesterday) she mocked the lowly viewer pretending to type and saying in her annoying nasally voice "Kelly, you are not a super model" SEND! Peoples comments must be getting under her skin just a tad.

Edited by ctgirl2, Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:39 AM.

High Tea

High Tea

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 9:59 AM

I can now say with complete confidence that I have had my fill of Dan Abrams. I would have preferred cleaning toilets this morning; but to write, I must endure the torture and watch.

Kelly seems to have a false sense of confidence with those horrible straw extensions. Curious as to what will happen when she finds out the damage they will do to her overprocessed hair. The little fella will have to get a little fella haircut.

Cup lifting and the annoying nervous laugh was at an all time high. If Kelly continues to keep her mouth open she is going to attract flies.

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Wow. That fashion finder hit a new low for this show. If a 40 yr old MALE talk show host pulled a cutout of a celebrity out of his pants there would be a huge uproar and he probably would be fired. He would be asked to apologize for his lewd and inappropriate conduct. Kelly's behavior is getting worse each day.

nish

nish

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:30 AM

Sorry. Duplicate post.

Edited by nish, Mar 2, 2012 @ 10:32 AM.

bella2828

bella2828

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:07 AM

I just watched yesterday's fashion finder...Kelly's comment to her stylist, "how do we feel about that, is that where we're buying our Marni from now?" referring to Marni designing for the lowly H&M. It was disgusting!! Who does she think she is? She acts like she came from some blue blood background. And AGAIN (just like she did on Live! yesterday) she mocked the lowly viewer pretending to type and saying in her annoying nasally voice "Kelly, you are not a super model" SEND! Peoples comments must be getting under her skin just a tad.

I saw that disgusting comment. I always felt like Kelly was so so fake on her "ordinary" girl act, and now I think I am right. She came from a family where her dad was a bus driver, (not that there's anything wrong with that!), not the Kennedy family. And people who have not only money in the bank, but class, do not sit around bragging about their clothing showing off their wealth. This long with her acting like she is afraid of not having money, when she make millions, and complaining about high college tuition, as if she can't afford it, is just making her look snobby and out of touch IMO.

Then again, I think that a 40 year old couple who is so into Jersey Shore that they tweet about how excited they are to watch the show, lacks some class.

I remember Kelly years ago, and I think she was not like this. She seemed to remember her roots, and not act like a snob, she acted like a nice normal person, even if she was not the best host. Is she trying hard to fit into her group of rich moms where her kids go to school or the Hamptons crowd? I notice that she started getting kind of full of herself, and obnoxious about the same time she got into the obesessive exercising. Maybe she felt she needed to fit into the crowd of women who are size 0 and act like they are repulsed by the thought of their dressed actually being made for HSM ! gasp! I rmemeber years ago Kelly would speak out about drunk driving because of her sister's serious car accident, and she also was way more involved in talking about the ovarian cancer charity. Now it seems like it's more about the society snobs she sees at those events, and what she looks like and blah blah blah.

I hate to break it to Kelly, but many very big celebrities, bigger than her, create fragrances for AVON, or other companies that are not expensive, because they like the fact that company does make things acessible, but it also fights causes like breast cancer and domestic violence.

I do think the Oscars made Kelly even more full of herself. She finally got to live out another fantasy, and she is even more obnoxious IMO than she was before.

snickerbar

snickerbar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 11:50 AM

IMO Kelly made it big way too easy. Many people in theater with 100 times the talent are waiting tables and could not even get on a soap, but Kelly, who by her own admission could not act at all, was hired, and they had to send her to acting lessons, and she was a teen with NO training or experience. From what I see of her old dance show clips, she was awful on that too. Then she fell into this job because of cross promotiong going on at ABC and Disney, and she has not had to really have talent or struggle. I think when someone makes it like she does, they are not relatable, and they get obnoxious, just like a spoiled child.

How can she have the nerve to say "How do we feel about that...." because a designer dared make a dress , that looks like what she wears, accessible to average people? Who does she think she is ? Michelle Obama doesn't feel above ordinary stores, but Kelly Ripa does? Geeze! What did she expect her stylist to say? Her stylist said "I think it's great", since average people can afford the styles. Sure made Kelly look like a major snob. Those shoes were cute, but please, no more feet or shots of the Oscar gown, the shoulders and feet need to not be on camera. ewww.

It is funny that Kelly whose idea of preparation was extensions and botox, did not get her picture even featured in US weekly, but her assistant, or whomever she was did! In fact, every fashion report I saw ignored Kelly. I wonder if they would rather not comment on what they saw.

The imitation of people sending critical emails about her was repeated during FF, seems like someone is a bit sensitive about that. I have a feeling someday, as Kelly's head gets bigger, we are going to see an on air meltdown of some kind from the real Kelly.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 1:46 PM

Then again, I think that a 40 year old couple who is so into Jersey Shore that they tweet about how excited they are to watch the show, lacks some class.

I think it's kind of pathetic and I liked the two of them. They are heading the Demi Moore route. Thinking they are old and desperate. Such a shame they can't be just happy to be themselves and to be real. Live and let live.

It is funny that Kelly whose idea of preparation was extensions

And they are awful. She looked great in Hawaii when her hair was up and I loved her dress for that wedding. I thought it fit her perfectly. I loved it.

Marmaladecat

Marmaladecat

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:37 PM

I liked the wedding and Oscar dresses, but not on Kelly, the exposed shoulders were not a good look on her IMo.

CathyB55

CathyB55

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:46 PM

I did not like the hairdo in Hawaii. IMO her hair looked terrible today. She used to have such healthy looking hair. I had a friend who lost so much weight by not eating it not only affected her hair but her health and her teeth.
You have to have the proper nutrients to stay healthy I am surprised and I hope she doesn't have medical problems.
On the other hand she seems to have an awful lot of energy. She claims she didn't have breasts when she was sixteen that the man at the bakery thought she was 12. If I remember her prom picture which we have seen hundreds of times she filled out that strapless gown pretty well.

Edited by CathyB55, Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:46 PM.

kazza2

kazza2

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:47 PM

Michelle Obama doesn't feel above ordinary stores, but Kelly Ripa does?

Exactly. Pretty sure the show is still on nationwide, and not just in snootyville.

At this point, I wish they'd revamp the show entirely. "Live" will never be "Live" again without Regis. End of story.

If they're liking the new intended demographics (40+ women stuck in their 20s), add a few more people -- ABC seems to be fond of the 4-5 host team format -- and add more dimension. They could talk about Madonna, hair extensions, reality shows, darts, and spin classes all hour long.

I'm actually only being half-facetious. If a show consisting only of fluff topics is what they want, by all means, they should go all out and do it right. With the proper combination of hosts, it could be just like Sunday brunch with shallow girlfriends. Anything is better than trying to fit Kelly into the "Live" format.

Edited by kazza2, Mar 2, 2012 @ 2:50 PM.

sharonbee

sharonbee

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 5:46 PM

Below is the latest ratings info for Live. I honestly wonder if they're cooking the books in some way. Trying to spin it as positively as they can I guess.

http://tvbythenumber....d-demos/122674

/

Wow Kelly is getting stronger, this is great news! There is no need to rush and get a cohost Kelly can carry it on her own.

Hershey4

Hershey4

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:02 PM

Any guesses as to who or what Monday's surprise will be?