Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20125 replies to this topic

BettyBloop

BettyBloop

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 9:54 AM

I finally get it why this board has so many 'rules' at the top about Kelly Ripa. This blog is run by Bravo TV. Where her best gay friend Andy Cohen is a VP of trash TV.

No wonder this board has so many 'rules' even though its supposed to be 'spare the snark and spoil the network'. I don't see a list of 'rules' on any other boards.

Could the moderator be Andy Cohen protecting his friend? I think so.

[Yes, you got me: I am really Andy Cohen, spending several hours a day on this site just to make it less fun for you and because Kelly is my bestest friend (oh, I’m sorry, bestest non-gay friend, since that seems to be important to you)—Andy Cohen, aka TWoP Howard]

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 15, 2011 @ 6:11 PM.
Boards on boards

stonehaven

stonehaven

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 12:22 PM

I recall some praise Letterman had for Regis a few years ago..He said something that Regis basically is himself..and chats off the cuff ,for the most part, about his life and events, and to make it great TV is a challenge and the fact that Regis does this on a daily basis proves that he has what so many lack...true talent.
I didn't watch this show all that much, as Kelly gives me a headache but Regis is a prescence to be revered.
I hope to see him on TV soon..
I also recall that when they were inbetween Kathy Lee and Kelly Lee, the show had it's highest ratings because people tuned in for Regis.
With that in mind, I can't see this show going much further no matter who you put in that chair.

RoBarn

RoBarn

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 1:17 PM

This was Regis show. He made the show now it is going to be put into Kelly's hands. How sad.

OHaraButler

OHaraButler

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 1:18 PM

I thought last weeks tribute shows were much better. This week everything seems lackluster. Bret Michaels tomorrow, really?

IMO Regardless if Kelly signed on for another 5 years, I don't see this show making it without a strong co-host.

It is funny that they are even showing commercials about revealing the honeymoon story.

Regis you are one of a kind.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 1:43 PM

I'm sorry I didn't record last week after reading about the shows here. I am recording this week, but may FF all the Trump crap today. I am looking forward to Letterman tomorrow.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:16 PM

Did not enjoy the Don Rickles tribute. I really don't like the guy so I am turned off from the start. Now I love me some Jimmy Fallon so I really liked his tribute.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:17 PM

I wonder if Regis will end up on Retirement TV with Joy or Mary Hart? I don't think he can go home and sit. There will be a job for him somewhere. Sadly, I think it'll be lowly cable, though. That's OK, he just needs something to keep him busy, and he will get an audience.

The show should be cancelled outright. Who doesn't STILL just call the show, "Regis"? I've never said "Live" in my life.

I tuned in yesterday for the first time in ages. I was there in the beginning, and then tuned out mostly after Kathie Lee got self-righteously obnoxious. Oh, and Gelman starting getting tons of camera time. I tuned back in a bit for Kelly, but could never warm to her. She's funny, but she is a camera hog. And it never felt right - Regis was just too old (or she was too young) for them to be together. It always felt like he was sitting with a naughty granddaughter or something. He was older than Kathie, but they truly felt like friends and contemporaries.

[snip] Good for Mark for getting some decent gigs. I never, ever criticize anyone who does theater. It's hard as hell, and it should be rewarding. I thought it was sweet that Kelly was so proud of him for that.

Ahh well, so long, old friend. I do think it's time to go (like Larry King), but I hope you find a spot somewhere else. It was a good run... something that very few people get.

Oh, and unless they hire NPH (doubt it), I can't think of anything that would make me watch this show again. I bet it ends up being Mario Lopez, and that's nauseating. I hate that douchebag, and Kelly will be embarrassingly feeling him up everyday.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Nov 15, 2011 @ 6:07 PM.
Off topic

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:21 PM

I saw a recent Regis Replacement poll on an entertainment show. They featured 3 names:

Nick Lachey
Hubby Mark
Jerry Seinfeld

I don't know what was the final outcome of the survey.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:24 PM

I thought last weeks tribute shows were much better. This week everything seems lackluster. Bret Michaels tomorrow, really?

I agree. Yesterday and today were awful compared to last week. I am disappointed.

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 2:49 PM

They should have Regis host SNL at some point this season, or at least do a desk piece during Weekend Update. He would love that.

King Cat Sam

King Cat Sam

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:09 PM

I would like him to get either guest roles in a sit com or even parts in a movie. I still would enjoy seeing him in commercials or hosting duties.

Maybe he could take over Piers Morgan's judging seat on the panel of America's Got Talent.

Scargirl77

Scargirl77

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:19 PM

NPH is going to co-host the week after Thanksgiving!

NPH Co-Host

Canderson

Canderson

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:24 PM

I don't know too much about Neil Patrick Harris, so I'll definitely look forward to seeing how he does. I see he's hosting for that entire week.

Has he co-hosted before, and if so, how was he?

Besides Jimmy Fallon's segment and maybe Tony Bennett's, I'm not enjoying this final week.
Can't wait until Thursday's show, where Kathie Lee returns as a guest. That will be amazing. I'm sure most are looking forward to that.

Edited by Canderson, Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:27 PM.

Scargirl77

Scargirl77

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:28 PM

He has co-hosted several times before and I loved him. But I love pretty much anything he does.

The only problem is that he and Kelly are friends so I don't ever think the pair would work on a full-time basis.

Clips are on YouTube.

Edited by Scargirl77, Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:30 PM.

TobySimon

TobySimon

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 4:06 PM

NPH is going to co-host the week after Thanksgiving!

Yay!!! Love Neil and Kelly together! That will be fantastic. Loved hearing about Mark's jobs as well.

kitkatt

kitkatt

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 7:32 PM

I love NPH. It's very telling that they need huge co-hosts with the ability to basically take over, in order for the show to be ok with Kelly taking over. I thought after 11 years, she would be able to be the main co-host, but I dont see that.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 9:04 PM

So Trump looks better now than he did in 1989? He's fat and orange. His wife gets paid to sleep with the bloated cheeto, but what is kelly's excuse?

He's also a racist asshole, yet Kelly couldn't wait for a warm kiss and hug. Check his birth certificate and make sure he wasn't born in a cheeto factory.

junemeatcleaver

junemeatcleaver

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 9:17 PM

He's also a racist asshole, yet Kelly couldn't wait for a warm kiss and hug. Check his birth certificate and make sure he wasn't born in a cheeto factory.

Regis stated that Trump has become his "good friend" in the years since Trump started appearing on Live. Not that it matters, he probably shouldn't have been invited in the first place.

An old bigoted relic and a desperate mediawhore are among the best Live could get for Regis's farewell week? I know these dudes are Regis's personal friends, but still. I only kept one eye on the tv during Regis's and Rickles's convo, and turned outright shortly after the Trump interview began. The pre-packaged tributes from some of the stars were better. Joel McHale would have been a fun guest during Regis's final week, much better than Trumpy and Rickles.

Edited by junemeatcleaver, Nov 15, 2011 @ 9:29 PM.

maggie010

maggie010

Fanatic

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:01 PM

Well, I think it should be Regis's favorties even if they aren't mine. Especially Trump.

As far as the A lister guest co-hosts I think they need to do that to launch away from Regis. Although not working for me.

I doubt they will pay or get an A-lister to be permanent and the show will falter rather soon. And I like Kelly well enough. But it is the NYC sophistication and fascinating life that Regis portrays so effortlessly that I will miss. As well as the memories of decades past and his stories.

lexilina

lexilina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:24 PM

That racist asshole got a whole chapter in Reeges book. Why is he racist again?

braggtastic

braggtastic

Stalker

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:27 PM

Because according to him he "has always had a great relationship with the blacks".

curiousguy22

curiousguy22

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:39 PM

That racist asshole got a whole chapter in Reeges book. Why is he racist again?

Guessing it's because he (Trump) pretended to buy into the birther controversy when he was trying to launch his presidential campaign.(*shrug*)

Trump and Reg are kind of good buddies. I always thought that a bit of an odd-couple. However, when Reg was recovering from his bypass and not coming along as quickly everyone hoped, Trump offered his private plane to Reg & Joy to fly them to Mar-a-Lago. That week or two down there did the trick. Reg was on this 6-week fast track to recovery from open-heart surgery - which at Regis' age is ridiculous. Talk about pressure. My sister had open-heart surgery. Took her 3-4 months to get on her feet, and she was 57 at the time - not in her 70s.

Edited by curiousguy22, Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:40 PM.

lexilina

lexilina

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:51 PM

I have no idea when or where that statement was made. I guess I am out of the loop. I do know about the Obama issue but I hope that is not the basis for the racist call.

An old bigoted relic and a desperate mediawhore are among the best Live could get for Regis's farewell week?

Obviously, Trump and Don Rickles mean a lot to Regis. He has a whole chapter for both in his book! Why wouldnt they be there for his farewell week? I am confused. Joel McHale makes fun of Regis non stop. Yes, it is comical but why would he want him to bid him farewell?

Edited by lexilina, Nov 15, 2011 @ 11:00 PM.

wellenmelon

wellenmelon

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 9:05 AM

I do think it's time to go (like Larry King)

Huh? Larry King had become a bad joke. He'd totally lost it. It was definitely time for him to go, past time for him to go.

Regis, on the other hand, is still at the top of his game. As everyone has been saying in all these articles and interviews, he has been one of the great communicators in the history of TV, right up there with his hero and friend, Jack Paar.

He's lost none of his ability to talk to the camera and reveal himself in a way that no one else can. His memory lapses are unimportant, in fact they underscore that what you are seeing is unprepared, unscripted.

It's a big mystery to me why he's leaving. Why would what people call "The Suits" want to dump him? The ratings for the show hadn't fallen. Why would they want to trade in a cash cow for an unknown quantity who will probably draw fewer viewers?

Yet it doesn't make sense that Regis would voluntarily "move on" from a show that fit his talents like a glove to some new project yet to be determined. It's very puzzling.

I do know this: I'm going to miss him like crazy.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 10:18 AM

His memory lapses are unimportant

Oh I could not disagree more. They make me very uncomfortable. Some of them are funny, or are treated as a big old, 'Oh that REEG!', but they make me cringe. How about when he told Meryl Streep that her daughter broke her leg because he couldn't either see or comprehend something? No, he's far from the top of his game.

Trump and Reg are kind of good buddies. I always thought that a bit of an odd-couple. However, when Reg was recovering from his bypass and not coming along as quickly everyone hoped, Trump offered his private plane to Reg & Joy to fly them to Mar-a-Lago. That week or two down there did the trick

Big deal. And yes, implying that a black President had to have been born in Kenya is racist to me. It's disgusting. Whether he did it for attention or not, seeing these fool practically lick his orange balls made me cringe.

Kodiboku

Kodiboku

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 11:12 AM

The only problem is that he and Kelly are friends so I don't ever think the pair would work on a full-time basis.

That and he and his family live in California (and that's where he films his hit comedy show).

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 11:49 AM

I heard the NPR/David Bianculli interview with Regis. It was excellent. I can't link but I am sure you can acess it online. He discussed his parents. Jack Paar, Joey Bishop and a lot from the book. Well worth it.

Possum Patty

Possum Patty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 2:07 PM

Love that Regis corrected Kelly yesterday on her party story, its about time he started calling her out, after she told it and he said you weren't even there, priceless, again today when he said she was happy he was leaving or something to that effect, she looked pissed, I guess the truth hurts and being called out on your arrogance in front of national t.v must suck big time. Not looking forward to Friday at all.

They must be worried about Kel handling the show alone to pull in Jerry Seinfeld, can't even stand to think of her taking over Regis show.

cheetahchirps

cheetahchirps

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 2:15 PM

Why would Brett Michaels give a beautiful guitar to Kelly when Regis is the one who's leaving? Unless she or one of her kids play, I would think you'd give the guitar you just sang a tribute to him on, to Regis. Maybe I just can't stand the way Kelly squealed "Look what I got!" like some eight year old on Christmas.

I get the feeling Regis is just running out the clock now. He seems checked out.

Edited by cheetahchirps, Nov 16, 2011 @ 2:20 PM.

ccridernyc

ccridernyc

Fanatic

Posted Nov 16, 2011 @ 2:42 PM

I like the vice-president, but his presence today seemed like a big slice of whatthefuckery to me.