Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20131 replies to this topic

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 9:14 AM

I thought Silent Kelly was a pretty good bit, but the timing sucked. She just said on today's show that it was hard for her with the Sex and the City final show and Millionaire premiere. Gelman also said that they are reviewing the tape because Kelly did make sounds. I noticed it when it happened. She had a magic marker cap in her mouth and she said "Uh-huh", and then two other sounds like she was agreeing, so it looks like she will get slimed after all.

wolfiend

wolfiend

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 9:43 AM

Ok, something is different about Regis's appearance today. His hair is darker? He had a face lift? What the heck is it???? It's driving me crazy. I haven't watched in about a month, so maybe I've missed something. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

kswat

kswat

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 10:14 AM

Thank you! I thought something was wrong too. In certain angles it looks like its his hair color, but then if his head turns it looks normal again. So maybe its the lighting? Or maybe it was a subtle color change now that the new Millionaire has started.

caprijam

caprijam

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 2:39 PM

I noticed too, but I think it is a slight hair colour change and a fake tanner or tan of some sort - probably as others stated, for Millionaire.
Also, I liked the Kelly not talking fo 'Do It' week but have to agree with other posters, that the timing was bad after the weekend. Maybe a Thursday or something, after an uneventful night or something. Oh well, they said the ratings were good so I guess people tuned in.

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 2:53 PM

I wonder if his new hair color is related to that mysterious drink he has on the table every morning?

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 12:43 AM

Okay, I hope Gelman submits Wednesday's show for the Emmy reel. That was totally cute, from start to finish. Kelly's McDonald's job, Trump and Kelly having a fire-off contest, and Regis telling Meredith that she WANTS TO HAVE SEX! were all hilarious.

I even liked that Regis was gracious enough to acknowledge/apologize to Meredith because he hasn't watched her season of the show. I hate when interviewers pretend, or else simply read off an index card of info prepared by someone else.

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 10:21 AM

Man, I missed it!! I ran out of time yesterday to watch it. I taped it but didn't see it. i think the fire off would have been good!!

so who won?

Oprime

Oprime

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 12:07 PM

Trump and Kelly having a fire-off contest,

Yeah, and that skit with Kelly on the Apprentice was Hi-larious.

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

how was the make up today?

M I B 3 1

M I B 3 1

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 5:05 PM

It was OK...and it took most of the show to apply, but Regis did OK.

And I did like Regis acknowledging to Meredith Phillips that he had not seen the show. Most other interviewers would've faked it. And what's great, is that he called Meredith's choice correctly. The man is brilliant.

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Feb 26, 2004 @ 8:47 PM

I agree that he did a pretty good job, but it looked like he didn't have time to finish her eyes. They looked pretty bare to me. Maybe he should've started before the show began. She looked good without makeup, cute even.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2004 @ 9:29 AM

So who won?

Oh, it was no biggie. They had an applause meter and ended up awarding it to Trump, but it was all done in good fun.

One think I really like about Kelly is that she's a trooper about going on the show without make up and such. She often carries it too far when she runs down her own looks, but at least she's not a snob.

I was actually even a little touched when they showed that outtake from the commercial break -- Regis was putting on Kelly's makeup and telling her fondly how pretty she was. Awww.

Mamalita

Mamalita

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2004 @ 8:04 PM

Why wasn't Kelly wearing make up? Did she lose a bet or just run out of time?

Cress

Cress

Stalker

Posted Mar 1, 2004 @ 11:33 AM

Regis was challenged to do Kelly's makeup for the show, so he got a lesson with their show's makeup artist the previous day (we saw a tape of it). At the beginning of the show, Kelly appeared without makeup, until they finally got to the segment where Regis began applying makeup to her. It always looked unfinished to me, because it didn't seem like he bothered to do her eye makeup or put enough lipstick on.

Mamalita

Mamalita

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 2:09 AM

Thanks. I guess Regis picked up what he could from one makeup lesson.

Kelly's "acceptance speech" was very funny.

caprijam

caprijam

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 10:29 AM

I think Regis and Kelly have been very funny lately, playing off each other and joking more than usual. I actually attribute this to a lighter mood with Regis; ever since his Millionaire came back on the air and was a huge sucess he seems to be in a happier mood, perhaps because now both of them are network darlings again. Liked them joking during the Alicia Keys interview...

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2004 @ 3:27 PM

Anyone see Shannen yesterday? I think Regis likes her. He's very nice to her. She's been on the show a lot over the years. It could be fake but I believe it.

Sharon

Sharon

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 5:20 PM

Ben Affleck sits in for Kelly Ripa on ''Live.''

ultimategirl

ultimategirl

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 7:25 PM

Last week's issue of EW with the 25 funniest people had Kelly as number 25.5 (yes, 25.5). I don't have a copy, but it had some comment about "hey, don't shoot us, let us explain." The only comment I remember was something about how she winds up her costar and then takes square aim at herself. It was pretty cool. Have they mentioned it on the show? I haven't actually watched in forever.

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 7:53 PM

Aww, I wish Ben and Kelly were cohosting. I find that unless the guest host is Joy or someone really outgoing (like that soap star with the big lips, forget her name, married to the guy from LA Law), Regis utterly fails (tip: never have Regis co-host with P-Diddy). Kelly, in contrast, can work with anyone and make the guest seem interesting.

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 11:58 AM

I don't know, I get a kick out of Ben Affleck. He's a lot funnier than I would have thought he'd be, and I love his "Reege" impersonation. I thought the "Reege off" was great.

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 23, 2004 @ 12:29 PM

I thought Ben Affleck was great!! The episode was so funny except I don't find the little boy from Tracey Morgan very funny.

I also didn't like the fact that the episode was taped but what can you do.

DrCher

DrCher

Posted Mar 23, 2004 @ 4:34 PM

I want to see the little boy from Tracy Morgan co-host in the future. He's such a little cutie.

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 12:14 PM

that would be one episode that I won't watch.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Mar 24, 2004 @ 2:32 PM

Me either, I find that kid very annoying. The only time I have been mildly amused by him was when he did a report from the Grammy's for The Ellen Degeneres show, it was edited to very small doses of him so it wasn't that bad.

minky

minky

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 11:50 AM

Her head is officially gigantic. Stop exercising. Or eat more.

PostToastie

PostToastie

Fanatic

Posted Apr 5, 2004 @ 12:35 PM

And I did like Regis acknowledging to Meredith Phillips that he had not seen the show. Most other interviewers would've faked it

The thing that bugs me about 'Reege' is that he never seems to see the movie/article/tv show that he is going to discuss with the guest. You would think that he'd see the really big movies or something. Some of the questions he asks are so stupid - yet he still acts like he's to big of a star to bother with seeing a movie.

StinkyEarl

StinkyEarl

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 9:42 PM

Does anybody really believe that Kelly uses that cheap, drug store shampoo and conditioner on her color-treated hair?

....NOT!

memememe76

memememe76

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2004 @ 11:25 AM

Re this morning's travel trivia, was Cedric the Entertainer on yesterday? If he was, it would seem unfair since the show was pre-empted in most of the country. Especally given the question asked (what state he was from--the answer's Missouri). Anyways, is it me or have the questions gotten harder in the last couple of years? I remember I didn't need to even watch the show to answer the questions, now they ask questions like that.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Apr 9, 2004 @ 6:37 PM

The show aired at it's normal time yesterday where I am ( 9: a.m. Mountain Standard), and yes, Cedric was one of the guests.

Good to know for sure that Assorama wasn't a producer plant on Thursday's show. I mean, if Gelman says so...

He's such an twee little know-it-all.