Live! with Kelly and Michael

• Please log in to reply

20125 replies to this topic

reddust

reddust

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 8:31 PM

I love Priscilla Presley!!!!!!!!! Finally someone called that loud-mouthed, boney bitch out on her constant rude behavior. She has talked over her guests and Regis and tried to turn every interview into something about her stupid boring life until she has absolutely ruined what used to be a never miss show for me. I hope I get to see the day the sorry talentless thing gets her ugly, egotistical and scrawny ass fired.

carnation

carnation

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

love Priscilla Presley!!!!!!!!! Finally someone called that loud-mouthed, boney bitch out on her constant rude behavior. She has talked over her guests and Regis and tried to turn every interview into something about her stupid boring life until she has absolutely ruined what used to be a never miss show for me. I hope I get to see the day the sorry talentless thing gets her ugly, egotistical and scrawny ass fired.

Kelly can be a pain, but she did NOTHING to warrent frozen face doing this to her at all. She was asking a question and just happened to ask it at the same time. She was not being self=absorbed and she was sympathizing with her about being kicked off that pathetic dancing show that means nothing anyway. Whatever the situation, no guest has a right to come on and act like a bitter snot like PP did. It was plain rude and obnoxious and I am glad Kelly stared the stupid joker face down.

Priscilla was lucky enough to do Elvis as a teen and get fame from that her whole life.

The contrast between her and Fergie, who has been a child actor since she was a kid and overcame major problems and does actually work for her money is really obvious. Kelly was sweet and gracious, and frozen face was a bitter snot.

I don't feel sorry for someone who has injections to look young and doesn't check out the doctor. It's not like she had some kind of necessary surgery or disease that deformed her. And that make up shows she is major tacky, she looked like something out of a horror movie with the white plastered on make up.

Edited by TWoP Barnes, Apr 19, 2008 @ 8:43 AM.

freddi

freddi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 9:38 PM

The reaction of Regis said it all. It was not a joke, it was plain rude, and he knew it. He felt the breath of "butt in" hiss across his face. "WHOA!" He was not laughing.

anngelique

anngelique

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 10:11 PM

I did not see her laugh, she was abolutely rude.

Seriously? Her face doesn't move much, but she laughed a lot.

Kelly will probably show up tomorrow or Monday and tell us about her supportive phone call from Donald Trump. Oh, or the other winner in her life - Howard Stern. She seems to revel in keeping company with blow-hard bullies who value women according to how thin they are.

Silentforce

Silentforce

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 10:29 PM

Kelly did nothing to warrant the put-down with a laugh from PuffyPris. I knew when she would be on it would be like walking on eggshells for them because that lady does seem to think she's been through alot, but haven't we all without nowhere near the payoff she's received from life. She could at least have been gracious, but maybe took out her frustration at losing on poor Kelly with her b**chy reply.

Iloveyoutoo

Iloveyoutoo

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 10:32 PM

Regis was PISSED!

Thats what made it funny for me. I saw the clip on Acess Hollywood. Kelly kept smiling and said nothing, but Regis' reaction was written all over his face.

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2008 @ 10:43 PM

I'm so-so about Kelly. I used to like her a lot - and do think they she's probably pretty cool OFF the air. But she has really taken on that Hope and Faith persona and it is incredibly annoying (and slightly creepy).

I guess this one will ride on how she handles it. She didn't deserve the smackdown over that. But so help me God, as someone else mentioned - if she makes this an issue and starts talking about her loser bully friends, that'll be it for me. I absolutely DESPISE her smugness when she brings up Donald.

tango7

tango7

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 12:32 AM

Kelly needs to go back to doing soap operas and Tide to Go commercials. So she was pissed. Too bad. Past time for someone to shut her the hell up

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Barnes

TWoP Moderator

Posted Apr 19, 2008 @ 10:37 AM

THREAD GROUND RULES:

1. This thread is for discussion of the TV show, Live With Regis And Kelly. The hosts discuss their personal lives, so those subjects are on-topic, but only to the extent that you're discussing their presentation on the show.

2. Nothing about Kelly’s appearance is on topic here. Nothing.

3. If you often submit the same sort of posts [for example, if your posts often focus on Kelly's marriage, body, or kids (and sheeesh, please be mindful of the fact that they're little kids)] there's a point at which you're no longer using the thread to discuss Live; you're using it to work through your issues (usually with Kelly). Please do yourself and all of us a favor and stick that stuff in a blog. You can get free ones here, here and here and many other places.

4. Please remember that TWoP rules out grinding a point down to a stump (i.e. don't rehash, and there's no winning an internet argument, so make your point and move on). There have been recent updates to the TWoP FAQ. Please read it and the DOs and DON'Ts, before you post again.

5. Keep your comments about the show in the here and now, rather than using something that happened in the show as a chance to reiterate your head canon about these people (Kelly is a terrible mother/friend/human being/saint, Regis is too old/out of touch/a saint, whatever). We’ve all heard it. Keep it about what you saw on the show. For example:
  • "I didn’t like what Kelly said about her kids today. I thought it violated their privacy," is okay.
  • "Kelly once again showed her utter disregard for her kids’ feelings today," is not.

Edited by TWoP Howard, Jun 4, 2011 @ 4:22 PM.
Added a new rule

applebea

applebea

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2008 @ 4:32 PM

I do not think Priscilla was justified at all. I saw the show and felt it was obnoxious of her to insult like that. Kelly did not interrupt.

I also saw Kelly's Electrolux commercial. Did anyone else find it weird how fake they made it?

I know they do that all the time in commercials, but when someone like Kelly who we know well and see everyday, comes on a commercial with a fake family, fake set for her talk show and fake dog, it looks weird. I found the commercial not bad, but the fake stuff made it seem totally not a good commercial when you are trying to sell somehing as true.

PollyM

PollyM

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 20, 2008 @ 5:48 PM

I saw the Electrolux commercial as a spoof on "Bewitched" (doesn't it use the theme music?). It also reminded me of that commercial spoof Kelly did on SNL a few years back. About how she can accomplish everything in her life because of crack cocaine, lol.

ETA: to continue the "Bewitched" comparison, substitute "magic" for "Electrolux" and we can see how if we had these incredible products in our lives, imagine the possibilities!

I'm just now catching up on the show and add me to the Anderson Cooper/Kelly love train. He seems tickled by her. I can't imagine his wanting a morning gig like this (should Regis ever retire, God forbid) but he's a natural.

Edited by PollyM, Apr 20, 2008 @ 5:49 PM.

hotfox

hotfox

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 9:16 AM

Regis seemed to be enjoying himself so much while he was talking about his visit to Notre Dame. Of course Kelly could hardly wait to tell her story about The Hamptons. Yes Kelly, sadly we know what you look like when you attempt to dance. I thought Regis did a good imitation of her. Just what was she shaking?

As for the blooming trees, I hate to spoil her fun, but The Hamptons is NOT the only place where trees are in bloom.

I thought the ten year old chess genius was great.

Angie0011

Angie0011

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 9:23 AM

I LOVE Neil Patrick Harris. Can his show please be canceled so he can be on Live everyday?

I love Anderson Cooper too, but he mostly just laughs at Kelly. He doesn't contribute a whole lot. Neil seems to plan ahead for things to talk about.

So now Lola loves Jordin Sparks? Six year olds must not be what they used to be. My kids weren't into half the stuff Lola is supposedly into.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 9:34 AM

It sounded like Kelly had a wonderful weekend in the Hampton's. How nice that she gave a plug for her friend the singer and how good she is.

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 11:39 AM

You're right -- Neil Patrick Harris does prepare in advance, and is an entertaining guest as well as host -- I would watch him or Anderson with Kelly every day.

Angie0011

Angie0011

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 11:49 AM

You're right -- Neil Patrick Harris does prepare in advance, and is an entertaining guest as well as host -- I would watch him or Anderson with Kelly every day.

I'd like to watch Anderson and Neil together - but that's a whole other story. :)

LiveLover

LiveLover

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 12:06 PM

The show has been great lately!!

Dbonz

Dbonz

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 12:26 PM

I thought the ten year old chess genius was great.

I missed the end of today's show and I was wondering how he did against his competition. Did he beat anyone by the end of the show?

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Apr 21, 2008 @ 12:48 PM

He beat everyone except one person, and that one match was a draw.

Very impressive, and cute child. (Regis did not have to ask three times about whether he has/wants a girlfriend, though! Once would have been plenty.)

jjj

jjj

Fanatic

Posted Apr 22, 2008 @ 12:31 AM

For about a week and a half, they have been cutting away as soon as the dancers came from behind the screen, and I noticed that Regis had stopped going over to them to do the little dance. But they did keep the camera on them on Friday, when the guest host went over to the dancers. I wondered if Regis's back is bothering him so much that he does not want to do the little dance, so they are cutting away from the lonely dancers.

applebea

applebea

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 22, 2008 @ 6:43 PM

As much as Kelly can irritate me at times, after seeing Kathie Lee preaching again on the Today show, I will take Kelly for Live anyday. Kathie Lee has her positives, but she always gives these annoying preaching sermons about things with that annoying voice and it makes not miss her.

LMAO at Mark sending Kelly padded undies. Maybe he is tired of his wife looking like a boy, but there is a point when they do no good!

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 9:15 AM

Bedtime yoga for the kids (and Mark)? She really is an exercise freak. I kind of believed her when she sang that little song about jogging all day.

TheLady2

TheLady2

Fanatic

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 9:58 AM

Kelly was on major overload with the mmmm's today. Perhaps while she's jogging she should be listening to one of those books on tape. If nothing else, just to increase her vocabulary.

LiveLover

LiveLover

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 11:49 AM

Has anyone started a blog? Please let me know where I can find it. Thanks a lot!!

NannaG

NannaG

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 4:58 PM

Regarding Kelly's 'mmmm's' I would wonder if she ever attends any post-production meetings where this would be addressed. We know for a fact that producers are here reading, as well as at other sites, and you would think that this issue would have been addressed a long time ago. And yes, she was definitely on overload today with her 'mmmmmming.' I don't know how Regis stands it. Must be very difficult to keep a flow going in the conversation, but like today's chat proves, he just keeps moving forward. It must be exhausting though, lol.

It's obvious that her style of dress was discussed since she's wearing much more sophisticated clothes and the ever-popular wife-beater hasn't made an appearance in a month of Sundays, lol.

GeorgePBurdell

GeorgePBurdell

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 23, 2008 @ 8:16 PM

Far be it from me to defend Kelly (SERIOUSLY), but I'm wondering if the MMMMMs are a regional thing. While watching the Real Housewives of NY, I noticed several of the women saying MMMMM. I'm not suggesting that everyone in NY says it, but maybe some subset does? I only know that, where I'm from, we don't say that unless we're indicating how tasty something is.

StewartTeddy

StewartTeddy

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2008 @ 11:20 AM

I wonder if they have changed whoever is in charge of Kelly's wardrobe, because the last week her clothes have been really really cute. Also just caught the NPH episode. I love that guy, he seems really down to earth and also seems to be close to Kelly IRL.

Passin Thru

Passin Thru

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 25, 2008 @ 11:59 AM

I'm thinking they decided to do something different when they came out with the Style finder... I have to say, whatever the reason, It's working lot better for me... (Not too sure about today's "frock", though...)

Neil is one of my two favorite subs... Anderson being the other...

freddi

freddi

Fanatic

Posted Apr 25, 2008 @ 12:12 PM

I think Kelly is different when the guest hosts are close in age to her -- Anderson three years older, and NPH three years younger. It's a very different dynamic than when Pat Sajak is on -- whom I like, but not for the long term.

Funny when Regis said that Jay Leno would have to get recycled over at "Live" once the late night hosts get shuffled, and Kelly said, "What, Regis and JAY?" Even though Regis sometimes talk about retiring, Kelly is very smart not to acknowledge the possibility on air.

I was surprised to see Regis on the show today, and it did not appear to be pre-recorded.

NannaG

NannaG

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 25, 2008 @ 2:58 PM

Not too sure about today's "frock"

Quite agree Passin'Thru, she looked like some sort of freak.

Nice enough dress if it were the right size and the proper fit. It must have been so uncomfortable for her to sit there and have the fabric cut into her armpits, lol.

She could have the best stylist in the world (which she doesn't, btw) and still look like a TBCD. Today's offering was proof of that. All the ruffles and bows in the world won't mask those popeye arms she's so proud of, lol.