Isaboe

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 6:23 PM

Aww..poor Reege. His cat passed away over the weekend. [sniff]

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 8:43 AM

I'm such a sap, but when I saw the little remembrance, I teared up!!

He loved that cat so much!

caprijam

caprijam

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:52 PM

I also thought that was very touching! It was also very sweet when Kelly suggested he get another kitten, and Regis said (something like) it wasn't really time yet...awww.

Edited by caprijam, Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:53 PM.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 2:45 PM

I thought his eyes did get a little full when he was saying how he came home and Ashley was no longer there waiting. The poor cat was awfully sick, though.

LouisVuittonRULZ

LouisVuittonRULZ

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 8:59 PM

That's so sad about Regis' cat dying. I just adopted a cat two months ago that is now 10 months old. My dog of 12 years died in August, so I certainly know how Reege feels right now. Hang in there Reege.

kmp

kmp

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 4:24 PM

Anyone catch who's wedding Kelly went to? I swear I would have freaked out in a groupie sort of way if I had seen all of them in the local Applebees!

slacktastic

slacktastic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:15 PM

It was the daughter of Felicia Behr, who used to be the producer at AMC.

I agree, kmp--if there were eight soap stars at my local Applebee's I would probably freak! Although it was weird when Kelly was talking about Susan Lucci getting harassed, because don't you think just as many people would know who Kelly is and bug her for autographs and stuff?

That reminds me of a couple of Kelly's tendencies that grate. Overall I really like her, but it bugs my spouse when she displays "false" modesty. I can't think of a specific example right now, but when she implies that she isn't that pretty or is average size, my husband thinks it's a diss to all women who really ARE average-looking or average-size. Has this bugged anybody else?

Also, I didn't like when she was kind of campaigning for the People's Choice Awards for Hope and Faith. Does anybody remember, years and years ago, when Kathie Lee campaigned for TV Guide's "Most Beautiful Woman on TV" award, and she won by a landslide? She kind of got some flack for that, and if I remember right TV Guide stopped having a most beautiful women award after that year. Anyway, Kelly talking about the People's Choice awards reminded me of that.

biakbiak

biakbiak

Stalker

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:23 PM

my husband thinks it's a diss to all women who really ARE average-looking or average-size. Has this bugged anybody else?

When Bonnie Hunt was on she actually called Kelly on this very thing. She went on a mini-rant that Kelly was not typical or average in any way and saying that probably gives a complex to women who are average. Of course Bonnie said it in a nicer and funnier way.

I might have a problem with Kelly talking about the People's Choice Awards if it was not such a completely ridiculous awards show. I mean Mel Gibson as Favorite Male Movie Star? He had a small part in one movie in 2003 that literally no one saw, yet he is the favorite movie star, I will never understand it. Also, aren't the votes based on a Gallup Poll because than it doesn't really matter how much campaigning Kelly does.

Edited by biakbiak, Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:33 PM.

Amisha

Amisha

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:59 AM

Does anyone else get annoyed by how often Kelly touches Regis? And especially when calls him Big Daddy? Argh! She sounds so stupid. I was hoping the SNL skits would shame her into knocking it off but no.

I am not against it because I find it inappropriate or immoral or whatever. I just don't see that kind of chemistry between them. They are more father/daughter so whenever they attempt to flirt, it feels forced and awkward.

Sharon

Sharon

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:38 PM

It was the daughter of Felicia Behr, who used to be the producer at AMC.

My friend and his fiancee went to this wedding (the fiancee went to high school with the bride) last weekend in NJ. They don't know anything about soaps, but recognized Susan Lucci & Kelly & Mark. (After I showed them a bunch of pictures from the AMC website, they recognized Eva & John Callahan as two of the other guests.) They happened to end up standing near Susan & Kelly & Mark at the reception (at a country club) & my friend talked to Mark & the fiancee talked to Kelly & Susan (mostly about the wedding & how they all knew the bride). Mark is even shorter in person than he is on t.v., which I've heard before. None of the wedding guests were really bothering them, but as they were leaving, random people who were having lunch at the club starting mobbing them & asking for autographs.

What did Kelly say about the wedding on the show?

slacktastic

slacktastic

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:50 PM

I'm glad Bonnie Hunt called Kelly on her, "Oh, I'm not that pretty, I'm really not" business. [OT] I love Bonnie Hunt [/OT].

I think most of the People's Choice Awards are determined by a Gallup Poll, but for a few of the awards, including the one Hope & Faith was up for, you could vote on the Internet practically up until they presented the award.

As for Kelly flirting with Regis? Eh, doesn't bug me.

tittlemouse

tittlemouse

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:47 PM

I just found out I'm going to be in NY in March. I'm going to try to get tickets to the show, because that would be a highlight of my trip. Hopefully I'll get tickets by mail; otherwise I'll be hitting the standby line. Yay, New York!

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Jan 17, 2004 @ 9:26 AM

Boy I couldn't agree more about Kelly and her attempts at modesty. I really wish I had seen the interview with Bonnie Hunt. I feel like she is trying to say to the women in the viewing audience that she is just like them, when she isn't. I understand that after having babies your body just isn't the same, but for goodness sake, what does she weigh? Maybe 110 lbs, and I thinks she's 5'4", so 110 is actually underweight for her height. She knows she isn't average looking or fat, so when she tries to say that she is, it comes off as a little condescending.

One other thing that has been bothering me is there are times that Regis will say something with a double entendre. For instance a few weeks ago he was talking about the commercial he did for the new Hummer. He said something like he would love to get a Hummer, and Kelly sat there like she was going to bust out laughing. She looks at the audience, Gelman or anyone else until they seem to notice that she is laughing. She does it just for the attention and it comes off as phony to me.

Edited by Dbonz, Jan 17, 2004 @ 9:32 AM.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2004 @ 10:42 AM

Nice to see that Gelman is back to his regular haircolor. But I still think that he looks gay.

Amc

Amc

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 7:04 PM

Did anyone see the wedding on Friday's show? I didn't really like the bride's dress. Also what happened to Kelly's book club?

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 10:30 AM

I HATED the Bride's dress. I don't know how people told her it was nice. She had flowers on the skirt, what's up with that?

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 12:01 PM

Kelly's book club was just for the summer, wasn't it? Not that I miss it or anything -- I don't mind her picking a book, per se, but the segments where they have the author there and talk about it are very poorly done. Regis hasn't read the book and doesn't have anything to add, so he just sits there and mocks everyone. But heaven forbid Gelman leaves him out of anything. I actually loved the "shopping for a wedding dress" segment when that random woman on the street told Kelly that she made the show. Heh.

The bride's dress was ugly, but I can't begrudge her her taste. I do think it's tacky that nobody bothered to tell her it didn't fit properly, though. The bodice was all out of whack.

Dbonz

Dbonz

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 10:13 AM

Good Lord, what is with Anna Nicole Smith? She can't even carry on a conversation or complete a sentence. She has all these people around her on the gravy train making money off her, when they should be hauling her off to rehab. The look on Regis' face was priceless during the interview, it was like "are you kidding me?"

gemini_girl

gemini_girl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 10, 2004 @ 11:03 PM

I will agree that she can't complete a sentence for her life, but daaamn girl looks good. She's lost so much weight, I mean she looks half the size she is in those recent Xenadrine commercials.

Speaking of those commercials, I expect her heart to stop beating in the next couple weeks.

PB4Uleavehome

PB4Uleavehome

Posted Feb 11, 2004 @ 1:58 AM

Anna has to be the most annoying fucking guest I've seen on any tv show ever.

Did anyone else catch Mrs. Bush on Monday? I'm not a fan of her husband but I have a bit of a girl-crush on her. She has a bit of the "Beyonce Knowles/no personality disorder" but I guess I'm so used to hearing from mean first ladies it's about time one of them was nice.

HappyKitty

HappyKitty

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 4:45 PM

Anna Nichole Smith makes me sad. She's so messed up on drugs it's just pathetic. I can't believe that gay gay Gelman (Yes the man is gay, married, but gay, believe me I have excellent gaydar.) would agree to have her as a guest. Trim Spa must have paid them a lot of cashola to allow her on the show. It was basically a commercial after all. But it made them all look bad (Regis and Kelly can hardly seem look talking to such a dimwit). GELMAN, listen to me, don't invite spaced-out drug addicts to be guests. It will fail, every time.

WafflesAreCute

WafflesAreCute

Posted Feb 12, 2004 @ 6:58 PM

why was my comment erased?

MyLisa

MyLisa

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 4:04 PM

Did anyone watch Friday's show? I forgot to reset my VCR to catch the host chat to see what they had to say Regis's appearance on The Apprentice the night before, and no one has commented on it over in The Apprentice forum yet. Kelly's fondness for and her comments on reality tv are as amusing to me as much of what is posted here -- I actually only watched Joe Millionaire I because of the way Regis and Kelly analyzed it the morning after.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Feb 14, 2004 @ 8:01 PM

They really didn't say much about The Apprentice -- Kelly works late on Thursdays so she hadn't seen it yet. They talked a little about the show in general, but not so much Regis' appearance. Kelly said there's someone she doesn't like but wouldn't say who it was because someday that person might be her boss. It was obviously Omarosa, though.

txmom2boys

txmom2boys

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 17, 2004 @ 10:51 AM

Anyone watching the "Babies Gone Wild"?

Today was NOT, and I repeat, NOT cute. The only one that was meh was the kid blowing out the fire to his cupcake. The last one? Sheesh, let's all laugh as our child hits and spits on our family. Then, let's send it in and see if she can win being a brat. And the little girl taking her underwear off to moon? The kid humping the dog? I thought the first one was bad with the baby sucking on the big sisters toe. Didn't realize they'd get worse than that! IMO, Gelman was just as bad putting those up as the "winners" of the day!

tvaddict24

tvaddict24

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2004 @ 11:18 AM

Kelly not talking today was sooo boring. Regis cannot hold the show down on his own.

Nordicgirl

Nordicgirl

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 23, 2004 @ 11:35 AM

Agreed. I was looking forward to hearing Kelly describe the last episode of Sex and the City. Stoooopid stunt why, oh why did Gelman think this was going to be funny? And also, why?

TaffySusan

TaffySusan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 23, 2004 @ 12:32 PM

it wasn't funny? I love watching Regis talk, he 's great. But since I haven't seen it yet, I can't say if it was good or bad.

which baby won?

LookSee

LookSee

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 23, 2004 @ 11:37 PM

I was looking forward to hearing Kelly describe the last episode of Sex and the City. Stoooopid stunt why, oh why did Gelman think this was going to be funny?

ITA. It was the wrong day to do that. Is Gelman losing is mind?

ETA: they haven't picked the baby yet. They've narrowed it down to three. I like the girl with the lotion on her hair. That was cute.

Edited by LookSee, Feb 23, 2004 @ 11:38 PM.

queasy

queasy

Stalker

Posted Feb 24, 2004 @ 8:07 AM

I thought the opening was pretty funny, with the paddles and all, although I personally would have liked Kelly to mug even more. Too bad she didn't have time to sit there and read all the magazines with her on the cover. Heh. Anything to take the focus off of Regis. Not that I don't like Regis, but sometimes I think he and Gelman gang up on Kelly a little too much.