Amazing Celebrity Racers You'd Like To See

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

110 replies to this topic

pseudostudent

pseudostudent

Stalker

Posted Jul 16, 2004 @ 3:52 PM

Bump.

It'sAllAboutTheGiants

It'sAllAboutTheGiants

Fanatic

Posted Jul 16, 2004 @ 3:57 PM

From the discussion in the Media thread about "Survivor" cast-offs on TAR...

Johnny FP and his dead grandma.

"Dude, you're Philiminated."

Continuing with the CSI theme of the season (roulette, hookers, dwarfs, foam clubs, and I'm pretty sure they're going to have to get a clue from the bottom of a plushie orgy in an upcoming episode*), maybe Jorja Fox and George Eads could run the race together. I understand they have some time free these days.

*Kidding -- not a spoiler. I hope.

Ronin47

Ronin47

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 8:14 AM

I generally loathe the idea of celebrity racers, but one team I would really, really love to see would be Jack Black and Kyle Gass - aka Tenacious D! Now that would be awesome.

Edited by Ronin47, Jul 19, 2004 @ 8:14 AM.

BermyTryangle

BermyTryangle

Fanatic

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 3:53 PM

This looks to be an opportunity to drag out the ol "Anybody but Rupert" flag, but it doesn't quite apply here.

From a purely theorhetical view, I think it would be humorous to have Homer and Marge Simpson in the Race. They'd probably do well, oddly enough.

Kergillian

Kergillian

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 19, 2004 @ 4:08 PM

Jorja Fox and George Eads would be awesome. Especially if they start getting recognized in Europe (hey, CSI's getting big over there).

Personally, I said it first in the Survivor forums, and I'll say it again here: I want to see Big Tom's son Bucky Bo in the race! I bet with the right teammate, the two of them would be awesome! Bucky Bo's got the physical side down (I think he has a football scholarship or something) and enough common sense and charm that he'd really enjoy himself. Pair him with someone with book smarts and some travel experience, and they'd be a hoot!

Tom had mentioned that he'd like to do the Amazing Race with Lex, himself. Of course, since Lex's stock plummeted after ASS, they might not be as fun to watch anymore.

spazmo

spazmo

Couch Potato

Posted Jul 28, 2004 @ 4:24 PM

How about Sherri Lewis and Lambchop paired with Wayland Flowers and Madam?
I predict serious schizophrenic bickering.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Jul 28, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

This is probably just me, but there's just something funny about seeing Alf and Big Bird participate on TAR, no matter what they do. I'd be in tears everytime I sat thru Alf trying to run or Big Bird trying to do any task that involved eating.

Eddie Murphy would rock on the show as well. But he doesn't need to team with Joe Piscopo. If anything, it would be fitting if his teammate was Judge Reinhold.

free vagabond

free vagabond

Posted Jul 29, 2004 @ 3:21 PM

No one, ever.

Hairymango

Hairymango

Fanatic

Posted Jul 29, 2004 @ 6:29 PM

Star Jones. Just to see her valet carry an extra bag for her wigs and way-too-expensive-for-payless shoes.

It Does Not Follow

It Does Not Follow

Posted Jul 30, 2004 @ 7:36 PM

Omarosa, Jenna Morasca, Rob Cesternino, Celine Dion...

No one, ever.

Sounds like the best idea of all, but this is just in case the idea ever actually bears FRUIT!

mac2

mac2

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 3:13 AM

Instead of other reality stars, how about pro or amateur athletes. Of course the different seasons would have to be taken into account and shorten the race to a week but no longer than 2 weeks. Perhaps some teams could be Serena/Venus, Anna/Martina, Becks/Ronaldo, Jeter/ARod, Kobe/Shaq etc.,

It Does Not Follow

It Does Not Follow

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 5:01 PM

If Anna is involved, look forward to a pretty early exit.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Aug 4, 2004 @ 5:28 PM

Instead of other reality stars, how about pro or amateur athletes.

That's a great idea! I wouldn't mind seeing athletes compete on the show. In fact, if it were all athletes from Elway to Roddick, I would totally watch.

They should get Mike Tyson and Maria Sharapova (maybe on the same team). That might be the only chance Mike Tyson would have for people to see him on television ever. For me, it would be interesting to see him do anything on TAR (in fact, he'd crack me up more as a greeter).

mep

mep

Just Tuned In

Posted Aug 5, 2004 @ 4:12 PM

I'm trying to picture some of these 'STAR' Celebrity racers sitting in coach as per TAR rules. Star Jones, Mike Tyson, Celine Dion, Shaq.....

YuppieLawyer

YuppieLawyer

Stalker

Posted Aug 5, 2004 @ 5:33 PM

This is probably just me, but there's just something funny about seeing Alf and Big Bird participate on TAR, no matter what they do. I'd be in tears everytime I sat thru Alf trying to run or Big Bird trying to do any task that involved eating.

Bwah! Someone just walked by my office and asked me if everything was okay. I had to explain that the tears were from laughter.

My suggestions:

-the Bush twins
-Kristin/Wanda and Ted Casablanca from E!
-James Lipton (the guy from Inside the Actors Studio) and Will Ferrell (in full James Lipton character and makeup)
-Trey Parker and Matt Stone
-Venus and Serena Williams

Sir Ramon

Sir Ramon

Posted Aug 6, 2004 @ 9:42 PM

maybe Jorja Fox and George Eads could run the race together. I understand they have some time free these days.

Yes!! Thats actually what I came here to say, but you beat me to it.

TPorter2

TPorter2

Couch Potato

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 7:42 AM

maybe Jorja Fox and George Eads could run the race together. I understand they have some time free these days.

Hee, this was actually my topic for a recent TV Potluck Pixel Challenge, as seen here.

I'm not big on the celebrity racer concept, but since Sarah Jessica Parker and Clay Aiken are such huge fans, it might be fun to see them.

Edited by TPorter2, Aug 7, 2004 @ 7:44 AM.

Rinaldo

Rinaldo

Stalker

• Interests:Music, theater (musical but also other), reading

Posted Aug 7, 2004 @ 8:52 AM

I'm in the "I hate the general idea of an all-star TAR, but some pairs are fun to think about" camp, so:

Troy and Kwame (from The Apprentice), because they're smart yet each occasionally does something really dumb, and they loooooove each other.

Ming Tsai and Vern Yip, because between the two of them they'd say "actually" like every 20 seconds throughout the race. Plus they're both quick, brilliant, and cute as buttons.

Two QE teams: Carson Kressley and Kyan Douglas (Carson would freak out increasingly without his perfectly maintained couture but would always be ready with a quip, while Kyan would charm everyone in the world into helping them). Thom Filicia and Jai Rodriguez (Thom would be appalled at how "haarible" everything was, while Jai would always be cheery and gregarious). I think Ted would prefer to stay at home with his partner and watch the show while sipping martinis.

Sean Hayes and Megan Mulalley.

Edited by Rinaldo, Aug 7, 2004 @ 7:21 PM.

stameegee

stameegee

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 13, 2004 @ 3:12 PM

Click & Clack, the Tap-It Brothers from "Car Talk" - they already bring the snark, and the funny. Imagine them together on a race around the world!

Jerry Fallwell & Pat Robertson. Just because I'd like to see them go down in flames.

Lewis Black & ... hmmm... I don't know if anyone could handle Lewis Black as a partner. But wouldn't it be great to see him lay into some of the other racers?

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Aug 13, 2004 @ 3:31 PM

A partner for Lewis Black? 2 names spring to mind.

Jon Stewart, obviously, and Dave Atell.

Edited by SVNBob, Aug 13, 2004 @ 3:33 PM.

stameegee

stameegee

Channel Surfer

Posted Aug 29, 2004 @ 12:20 PM

Lewis Black and Dave Atell!! My dream team.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 2, 2004 @ 7:42 PM

Pro athletes I'd be interested to see:

Steve Nash & Dirk Nowitzki: Dirk, being German, probably has a couple of other languages under his belt and could segue into various cultures relatively easily, I think. Nash, being Canadian- nicest. racer. EVER! (*g*) Plus, he brings the pretty.

Troy Aikman & Emmett Smith: Just to see two of the Triplets working together again.

Sheryl Swoops & Mia Hamm: They bring the pretty and are in great shape. They travel alot and would probably rock the airport as much as the challenges.

Princess Fred

Princess Fred

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 9, 2004 @ 3:26 PM

Even better than Sheryl & Mia: NOMAR and Mia. Equal opportunity eye candy.

I'd love to see a pair of "serious" broadcast journalists, like Tom Brokaw paired with Katie Couric. Hee, I'm just picturing Tom Brokaw Zorbing. Or digging through a giant manure pile.

rayvyn2k

rayvyn2k

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 10, 2004 @ 8:39 PM

Athletes I wouldn't mind seeing:
Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf.
Shannon and Sterling Sharpe.
And for the twin factor:
Tiki and Ronde Barber.

Actionmage

Actionmage

Fanatic

Posted Sep 11, 2004 @ 5:06 AM

Can Diane Sawyer and Mike Nichols be a "designated old couple?"

svenskaflicka

svenskaflicka

Channel Surfer

Posted Sep 11, 2004 @ 9:20 PM

How about Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller, complete in Zoolander getup as Hansel and Derek. Man that would be a hoot. As long as you're gonna have models on the show, may as well make them freakin' hilarious ones!

theschnauzers

theschnauzers

Stalker

Posted Sep 11, 2004 @ 9:39 PM

svenskaflicka, Derek Riker, who helped Ben Stiller create the Derek character from Zoolander has already competed in TAR (season three with twin brother Drew) so that wouldn't work.

RitaTome

RitaTome

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2004 @ 10:21 AM

but since Sarah Jessica Parker and Clay Aiken are such huge fans, it might be fun to see them.

I think this team might just make Miss Alli turn in her recapper decoder ring. Or just give her a massive migraine and nightmares.

I'd love to see a pair of "serious" broadcast journalists

That might be fun! Although I'd rather see Willard Scott and Al Roker.

Brekke

Brekke

Loyal Viewer

Posted Sep 12, 2004 @ 2:19 PM

I'd like to see David Letterman paired with Oprah Winfrey.

Wry Bread

Wry Bread

Fanatic

Posted Sep 12, 2004 @ 8:30 PM

Brekke, hah!

What about Debra Wilson and Aries Spears as Oprah and Stedman? That MAD TV skit always cracks me up.