Saved By The Bell

• Please log in to reply

3752 replies to this topic

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 6:05 AM

I think she has the Michael Jackson disease (along with maybe a face lift). Her shoulder is kind of patchy in the interview. I've tried to keep up with Lark since she fell off the face of the earth and she's been using strange makeup for around 7 years and it's always around her eyes - it's always waaaaay light. And whenever I saw her, it was never it a professional setting; she was taking pictures with fans or walking down the street. I remember thinking that the People sylists hooked her up for the reunion photo shoot, because, like, a day later, she was back looking weird. But I don't know what accounts for the swollen face.

ETA: See, even in 2005, she had the beginnings of the weird eye makeup. Lark and a fan

Edited by kia112, May 21, 2012 @ 6:52 AM.

Scorpiosrule

Scorpiosrule

Stalker

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 10:07 AM

Lark Vorhees interviewed on The Yo Show. Folks, prepare yourselves.

Holy SHIT. Like others, I was shocked. I couldn't tell if she had bad plastic surgery/botox or if it was that horrid yellow/lame-style eyeshadow, with no eye-liner that made her look so bad.

But then just checking posted this:

Now this photo's on Facebook showing Lark with a "corrected" makeup job

And YIKES! I'm no expert by any means. Hell, most times I can't tell when someone's had work done, unless it's really obvious (I've been told Jaclyn Smith has, but I can't see it). But she looks like she's had her face pumped with...something.

Why? Just...why?

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 7:29 PM

Now this photo's on Facebook showing Lark with a "corrected" makeup job

And YIKES! I'm no expert by any means. Hell, most times I can't tell when someone's had work done, unless it's really obvious (I've been told Jaclyn Smith has, but I can't see it). But she looks like she's had her face pumped with...something.

Why? Just...why?

Hmm, I think she looks alright in the Facebook photo. None too happy to be in the photo, but still alright. At the very least, she looks better than she did in that interview, which is a relief. I hope everything is okay with Lark. She was always so pretty, I'd hate for her to fuck it up in a futile attempt to stop aging. When will celebrities realize that that's a lost cause?

Belding's ballooned up as sometimes happens to men of a certain age.

That's for sure. I saw him on an episode of Mad Men and he's looking mighty... rotund. I suppose if he doesn't mind it and he's still finding work, his cholesterol levels are between him and his heart. Who am I to judge?

Edited by Stinger97, May 22, 2012 @ 7:30 PM.

Jeebus Cripes

Jeebus Cripes

Fanatic

Posted Jun 30, 2012 @ 1:14 AM

I've been DVRing the episodes on MTV2, and I've been catching a lot of senior year. I find myself wondering when the hell did Dustin Diamond start playing Screech so obnoxiously over the top? He managed to turn the character from a doofus with the occasional endearing moment, into a completely cartoonish buffoon; always pulling faces and making his voice ten times more annoying. His scenes are cringe-worthy and almost unwatchable.

I had forgotten how funny the school song episode was. The whole lemon extract gag was good stuff.

superpole2000

superpole2000

Fanatic

Posted Jul 1, 2012 @ 5:23 PM

I would watch an entire season of Zack Attack-centric episodes. They should have spun off the high school show into that instead of The College Years. Of course, I might be biased. I have multiple ZA songs on my phone.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Oct 5, 2012 @ 7:49 AM

Aww, man. Looks like my girl is having some problems.

Lark Voorhies Battling Bipolar Disorder, Her Mom Tells PEOPLE

FortKnoxII

FortKnoxII

Video Archivist

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 2:59 AM

Here's something I just found out about. A few weeks on The Today Show the had Tiffany on there and were going to do a quiz show about 90s shows and even had the set to look like The Maxx.

When all of a sudden they had a surprise vistor and well just look at her face.

http://m.mtv.com/blo...ol.rbml&cid=300

sunrisepink

sunrisepink

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 22, 2013 @ 1:16 PM

I thought her weird expression was more a result of botox freezing her face..but YMMV.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Jul 10, 2013 @ 7:27 PM

A writer from Chelsea Lately (I think) started a podcast earlier this year where she watches an episode of SBTB with a friend and then they discuss it.  Sidesplittingly hilarious.  I just discovered it yesterday and I'm almost done.

Go Bayside!

bparhad

bparhad

Stalker

Posted Jul 11, 2013 @ 8:11 PM

Thank you for posting that! I've been listening all day.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Jul 12, 2013 @ 7:53 AM

It's so good! My favorites are "The Substitute" and "Driver's Ed."

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Jul 15, 2013 @ 2:16 PM

Thanks, kia112. I subscribed to the iTunes station Go Bayside! Some genuine laughs at the decisions. Very entertaining.

Taken from the podcast: "Kelly Kawpowski is a whore! She's had six boyfriends by the time she was fourteen." 

Is this currently airing anywhere? I really want to watch those beach episodes. 

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Aug 16, 2013 @ 8:16 AM

They're re-releasing SBtB on DVD, this time as a "Complete Collection" instead of the season sets we bought in the early 2000s.  Not sure if I wanna buy this, especially if the only new feature they're including is commentary from Dennis Haskins.  At least with the Boy Meets World re-release, they have different cast members that are going to be included.

MyAlias

MyAlias

Fanatic

Posted Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:26 PM

7 'Saved By the Bell' Plots That Prove Zack Is a Sociopath

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 20, 2013 @ 5:58 PM

With Elizabeth Berkley now on Dancing With The Stars this season, "Slater & Jessie" had a little reunion on Extra! *squees*

http://www.extratv.c...zabeth-berkley/

Any other Slater & Jessie shippers out there? *ducks from tomatoes from Zack & Kelly fans* 

carolinagirl63

carolinagirl63

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 1:19 AM

I liked Slater and Jessie better. I thought Zach and Kelly were boring.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 11:31 AM

I was always a Zack and Lisa fan.

Modern Day "Saved by the Bell" Scenarios with Zack Morris Himself!

Luckylyn

Luckylyn

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 12:34 PM

Zack and Lisa were my ship.  I was so disappointed that they only dated for one episode and it was never referenced again.

Thena

Thena

Fanatic

Posted Sep 21, 2013 @ 12:59 PM

I liked Zack and Lisa too. They had a lot of chemistry probably because the actors were dating at the time.

The link above about being a psycho reminded me about all those moments in the show where I questioned Zack's actions.  As a kid, I wondered how Zack got away with all the outrageous, manipulative, and selfish things he did. It confused me why they forgave him all the time, but I guess it was his charisma. I noticed as he got older, Mark-Paul Gosselaar became less charismatic on screen as some child stars are apt to (Macaulay Culkin is another example). It became less and less believable that Zack could get away by being the lovable prankster.

smiley13

smiley13

Fanatic

Posted Sep 22, 2013 @ 12:39 PM

Zach was always charming IMO.

Bleeding Love

Bleeding Love

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 14, 2013 @ 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Yvcw6LQhUno

Elizabeth's Week 5 Jive, set to "I'm So Excited." Complete with beginning homage to Jessie's Song :)

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2013 @ 5:44 PM

Maybe somewhere here can answer this question for me. I've been listening to Go Bayside! The Saved By the Bell podcast on iTunes. The host is going through the episodes in order (or at least trying to). She's up to the beach club episodes. Zack and Kelly have already dated and broken up. 

I distinctly remember that before Kelly goes steady with Zack that she's made to choose between Zack and Slater. That hasn't been covered in the podcast. Help me out here. Am I'm making this up? I recall the scene taking place in the hallway. The entire school was there to witness this historic event. Kelly of course chooses Zack, and he has a mini meltdown bemoaning the fact that what does Zack have that he doesn't until Screech points out that Zack is Zack. This happened, right? 

It Just Is

It Just Is

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 19, 2013 @ 6:54 PM

Yep. It happened in "The Prom" which I believe was the second season opener.

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Nov 19, 2013 @ 7:37 PM

Thanks!

I was wondering why she didn't touch on it. I thought maybe I'd missed something or that I'd made it up. 

Stinger97

Stinger97

Stalker

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 12:33 PM

I caught the Johnny Dakota "There's No Hope With Dope!" episode, as well as the Rockumentary episode, with the Zack Attack band. My question is, what happened to Jessie in that second episode? I watched the entire thing and felt like someone was missing, but I couldn't put my finger on it. I realized later that Jessie was nowhere to be found. Was this around the time that they traded down for Tori? 

And as for the Johnny Dakota episode, I couldn't help think about how times have changed. Everyone was so up in arms about the guy smoking a little weed, and now its been legalized in a handful of states. The way the kids acted, you'd think the guy was shooting heroin in the Bayside bathroom.

ETA: If the show aired today, there's no doubt that "Friends Forever," "Did We Ever Have a Chance," and Hot Sundaes' discography would be on iTunes. I'd totally pay the $1.29.

Edited by Stinger97, Jan 24, 2014 @ 12:46 PM.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 2:17 PM

As far as Go Bayside!, April already covered The Prom episode.

As far as Jessie's absence, Elizabeth hurt her knee, so she couldn't film those two episodes ("Rockumentary" and "All In The Mall").

JCScantling

JCScantling

Fanatic

Posted Jan 24, 2014 @ 4:35 PM

As far as Go Bayside!, April already covered The Prom episode.

Yeah, she covered it, but she didn't touch on Kelly finally making a choice between Zak and Slater. So, I was curious about whether or not that scene was there, but It Just Is cleared up my confusion for me.

just checking

just checking

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 10:12 PM

A blog post on the top 10 extras on the show. If it weren't for this post and its screencaps, I wouldn't have known that the extra referred to as "This Guy" existed. And I used to watch this show regularly.

kia112

kia112

Fanatic

Posted Feb 3, 2014 @ 11:53 PM

That was great!  I also saw that someone mentioned the blog I used to write for - sbtb.blogspot.com.  I always wonder if people still go there and read those.

catlover79

catlover79

Fanatic

Posted Feb 4, 2014 @ 12:52 AM

I hate to be the bearer of sad news, everyone, but Louan Gideon aka Mrs. Becky Belding, lost her battle with cancer yesterday. Her first big television break was on the now-defunct soap opera Search For Tomorrow, and the We Love Soaps site has published a tribute:

http://www.welovesoa...assed-away.html