Saved By The Bell

• Please log in to reply

3752 replies to this topic

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:37 PM

Milo annoyed me but he was nothing compared to the stupid, shrill woman who was Miss Bliss's friend. I've blocked out her name that's how much I hated her.

I always liked Screech better when he was being the nice guy rather than the goofy guy. Like the episode of The College Years where he helps the tennis star or when he helped Kelly with science, he wasn't running into things for a laugh he was just being a friend.

RainIsBeautiful

RainIsBeautiful

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:40 PM

the stupid, shrill woman who was Miss Bliss's friend. I've blocked out her name that's how much I hated her.

Her friend's name was Tina, and she was the art teacher, IIRC. She was a psycho.

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 3:48 AM

Info from tvshowsondvd:

Lions Gate Home Entertainment has set April 27th as the release date for the third and fourth seasons of this popular show. The set carries a suggested retail price of $44.99, but DVDEmpire.com is already selling the set for $33.74, and DVDPlanet.com has the pre-order on it for $31.47.

You can view the cover art here.

tijmetje

tijmetje

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 4:01 AM

I think I saw mister Dewey in an episode of C.S.I. yesterday. I'm not sure, though, the actor's name wasn't in the opening credits.

jw7579

jw7579

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 2:56 PM

That's actually one of the few things I liked about the New Class; they finally gave Belding a real office instead of sticking him in a broom

I remember that that started in the second season of TNC. They had done some remodeling to the school set, so it looked different that it did during the original.

Also, has anyone seen the New Class episode where Zack, Slater, and Lisa make an appearance?

buckeyebabe

buckeyebabe

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:49 PM

Also, has anyone seen the New Class episode where Zack, Slater, and Lisa make an appearance?

Yes. It's been many years, so I may not be entirely accurate. The man who owns the land on which Bayside sits wanted to tear it down. The gang tried to stop him by finding his old high school crush. She was all set to attend a party at the school to stop the old man, but cancels when she realizes that the party on on the same day as her favorite nephew's birthday party in SF. Of, course, her nephew is Zack, and they both attend the party together.

I remember Slater being there, but I'm not sure about Lisa.

Best line of the episode: Slater (to Zack): How is the missus?

After a delayed reaction, I realized that he was talking about Kelly, and found it funny that he didn't mention her by name.

Of course, she was already in 90210 land, and probably wasn't too keen in returning with hubby Zack. I thought that maybe this was some sort of an inside joke.

tijmetje

tijmetje

Fanatic

Posted Jan 25, 2004 @ 11:57 PM

I think I once saw a TNC episode with Slater in it, but no Zack. Were they in seperate episodes, or was there a Slater episode and a Zack & Slater epsiose?

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

Y'know, I just realized this morning that it's been 10 years since Zack and the gang signed off (Feb '94 for SbtB:TCY, Oct '94 for the Wedding movie). Who's up for a reunion?

What do you all think the gang is up to these days?

18matt

18matt

Fanatic

Posted Jan 26, 2004 @ 6:19 PM

The TNC episode with Slater, but no Zack was the Christmas episode where Ryan accidentally burned down The Max. The owner was going to sell it instead of rebuilding it, and Slater stopped by to reminisce with the new gang, Screech, and Mr. Belding.

blurvert

blurvert

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 1:49 PM

Who's up for a reunion?

I don't think that would be very likely. My instincts tell me that only Screech and Mr. Belding would show up.

btcpossee

btcpossee

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 5:00 PM

Ryan accidentally burned down The Max

I never watched TNC but did this really happen? Why am I so depressed at hearing that?

ElectricBoogalo

ElectricBoogalo

Stalker

Posted Jan 27, 2004 @ 9:29 PM

Because you're remembering all the good times at the Max - the dance competition when Lisa sprained her ankle, all the pep rallies, Kelly in her little waitressing outfit...

(I was sad at the thought of the Max burning down too - and then I smacked myself and reminded myself that it isn't a real place, but it didn't help!)

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 28, 2004 @ 12:27 PM

And the "Save the Max" radio telethon episode was just on TBS this morning!

It's funny all the little things I'm noticing now that I never did back when the show first aired. Like Belding going to a meeting with the school board and leaving Zack and Jessie in his office when he goes. What kind of principal does that?

And I'm still confused about whether he has a secretary or not. In the episode where the gang throws a surprise party for Screech in Belding's office, Zack pretends to be Belding's secretary over the intercom to get the others out of detention. But in today's ep, Belding just says "Come in" when Zack knocks on his door, as if he has no one to screen his visitors. Plus, where's the secretary's office?!??

Michael1973

Michael1973

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 11:28 AM

They rebuilt The Max after the fire, but it looked totally different.

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 3:25 PM

loved the Kelly inside joke on the New Class.

Screamie

Screamie

Fanatic

Posted Jan 30, 2004 @ 5:42 PM

I'm watching the episode where "hot movie star" Johnny Dakota comes to Bayside to talk about the evils of drugs, and then ends up offering Kelly and Zack drugs at his party. I love the constant "wooooo!'s from the audience, especially in this scene:

Jesse (asking questions for Lisa): "Do you sleep in pajamas, do you kiss on a first date, will you marry me?"
Johnny: "No, yes and maybe."
(Lisa looks up)
Johnny: "That is if Kelly turns me down."
(Wooooooooooooo!)

Edited by Screamie, Jan 30, 2004 @ 5:43 PM.

tijmetje

tijmetje

Fanatic

Posted Feb 1, 2004 @ 3:41 AM

Heh. I love how Jessie talks about her little caffeine problem as if it were heroin and she supported her habit by robbing old, defenseless ladies.

I would have expected more "Whooo"-ing in the Malibu Sands episodes. Quite often, Zack and Slater run around shirtless in those episodes.

I recently saw the date auction episode where Zack dated that fat girl. Although I've seen it several times now, I still keep expecting Zack to pick the girl up at her parents' house, where her very excited parents are taking pictures and telling Zack how happy they are that their daughter has a date. Because I know I've seen that somewhere, and I always thought it was SBTB.
Does anyone know what episode I'm talking about? And from what show it is? Is it The New Class? I've seen episodes of that a long time ago, so maybe it all got mixed up in my brain.

Edited by tijmetje, Feb 1, 2004 @ 3:43 AM.

tijmetje

tijmetje

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 6:36 AM

I get the feeling quite a few of the Junior Year episodes take place outside of the school. Did the schoolset burn down or something?

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 1:59 PM

No clue, but are you talking about the time where the whole season was at the mall and most of them had jobs there (including Belding and Screech, oh brother..)? They could have just been trying to emulate the season where the original gang worked at the country club over the summer..

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

There were multiple SBTB episodes at the ball? Wha? Where was I?

Mine All Mine

Mine All Mine

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 6:40 PM

Oooooooh the mall! I remember Zack et.al. trying to get concert tickets and ending up finding a bag full of money. Totally hidden camera or something like that. I love the old woman in line: "I never miss a U2 concert!".

Edited by Mine All Mine, Feb 6, 2004 @ 10:27 PM.

jcpdiesel21

jcpdiesel21

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 9:58 PM

Oooooooh the mall! I remember the Zack et.al. trying to get concert tickets and ending up finding a bag full of money. Totally hidden camera or something like that. I love the old woman in line: "I never miss a U2 concert!".

I remember that episode. They slept overnight at the mall in the camping tent in the sporting goods store. And Screech bought a giant superhero outfit. I don't think that Jessie was in that episode.

Were there other "mall" episodes besides this one?

I have never seen the "Zack Attack" episode. Every time it comes on, I turn it off because the beginning is so. Incredibly. Cheesy. And I hate the fake vocals that Zack and the gang lip synch to.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Feb 6, 2004 @ 11:50 PM

There was the 2 part episode where the gang got jobs at the mall for Christmas and did the whole Christmas play with the homeless guy thing as well.

I *love* the Zack Attack episode. It's impossible to watch with a straight face or without your jaw on the floor because it's so dumb. I think my favorite part was where Lisa became an American Gladiator and threatened to beat up Screech's cheerleader girlfriend. "If you don't get rid of Linda, I'm gonna throw her out the winda." Hee.

Mine All Mine

Mine All Mine

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 10:15 AM

I think those were the only mall episodes (the hidden camera/U2 concert and the 2-part Christmas one) but I could be wrong.

Does anyone remember the murder mystery? It's one of my favorites.

OMGItsKane

OMGItsKane

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 10:21 AM

Friends forever, we'll always have our friends.

ChinkyGirl

ChinkyGirl

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 12:30 PM

Oops, maybe I wasn't being too clear. When I was talking about the whole season at the mall, it was in reference to the <ick!> New Class.

I was just saying that that whole season that TNC spent at the mall was probably trying to imitate the Original SBTB where they spent the whole summer at the Malibu Sands.

dawsnzchck

dawsnzchck

Fanatic

Posted Feb 7, 2004 @ 3:11 PM

Does anyone remember the murder mystery? It's one of my favorites.

That episode always made me want to be older. I wanted to wear Kelly's dress (the cute pink off the shoulder one) and order a mango tonic with a kiwi twist. Now I know that pretty much any bartender would look at me like WTF if I did.

It's also another one where TPTB loved cross dressers for some reason.

18matt

18matt

Fanatic

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 12:17 AM

Actually, with TNC, I'm pretty sure that by the second season, they were showing two episodes a week: one at school, and one at the mall or wherever.

In the second season of TNC, the non-school episode was at a country club over the summer. But, they never explained whether it was the summer before or after the school year the school episodes took place in. They were like two separate seasons. At one point Rachel dumps her boyfriend for Christian in a country club episode, but then in the next school episode, it was like it never happened.

pretzels

pretzels

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 1:56 AM

I also love the mall one. I love how Slater and Zack are trying to scare Kelly and Lisa. Kelly is usually nice, but she says "I hope he kills you two first." Zack and Slater are trying to imitate the characters on the screen and pretend to be Jonathan and Lydia. Zack does the woman's voice. It is hysterical. They really got into it.

Mine All Mine

Mine All Mine

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 8, 2004 @ 8:40 AM

When I was talking about the whole season at the mall, it was in reference to the <ick!> New Class.

Sorry bout that. I watched a little of the New Class and vaguely remember a teen night club sort of place and maybe someone working at a food court. Unless I'm thinking about some other show entirely.