Teen Titans: They'll Pop You Like a Zit

• Please log in to reply

1065 replies to this topic

cjl

cjl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 9:05 AM

I was waiting in a hospital emergency room with the rest of my family (please don't ask) and the latest episode of TTG! came on the big TV screen. "Starfire the Terrible" was just genius; the rest of the Titans constantly underestimate Star because she's so guileless, but they never remember that she can be scary-focused if she's doing something for love.

"Deathbots?! When did she have time to make deathbots?!"

It's just a shame that TTG! Robin can be such a jackhole. He doesn't seem worthy of Starfire's affection, especially when she's willing to blow up the moon just to make him feel special.

And as for "Terra-ized"--I dunno, I have mixed feelings about this one.

For those two or three of you out there in this forum who don't know, Terra's plotline in the Titans comics of the 80s (and the original TV series) was epic with a capital E. Her acceptance into the Titans, the reveal as a double agent, the betrayal, the angst, oh god, THE ANGST! There were tears in Titans fandom....Tears, people! To see the whole thing reduced to an 11 minute yockfest is almost blasphemy.

And yet...why not? As the saying goes: history repeats itself, once as tragedy, the next as farce. And this sure as heck fits the description. Maybe we're better off with the angst-free version, and leave the soul-crushing agony to the hard-core anime series. Besides, TTG! Terra could reappear from that extra-dimensional trap at any time to annoy the team and make Beast Boy feel all funny inside all over again...

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Oct 17, 2013 @ 8:37 PM

Starfire is the last Titan you'd want to mess with. Was too much power for someone that young.

In regards to "Lazy Sunday" . . . Beast Boy and Cyborg were toking up on that couch, weren't they? That would explain the Couch Spirit.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Oct 24, 2013 @ 11:36 PM

Is it wrong to resent TTG for being the one DC Comics property that Cartoon Network actually likes? I mean, it's entertaining and all, but it feels like the same thing every week. How long until Robin acting like a dick stops being entertaining?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Nov 14, 2013 @ 2:09 PM

I not caught up on all the episodes, but I had to share this: the top background cameos from the show.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:26 AM

I'm caught up. Anybody else see "Second Christmas" tonight? Cyborg, Beast Boy and Raven get post-holiday blues, and they suck Starfire into a bogus bonus Christmas. Robin gets dubbed the "Second Christmas Grouch" and winds up getting punched. A lot. The big Christmas miracle? The gang getting knocked into comas for 363 days, so that they can wake up in time for next Christmas.

BTW, Robin seeing Starfire in Batgirl's outfit . . . wow. Awesome reaction. Holy crap, that had to be arousing.

InvaderNorbert

InvaderNorbert

Fanatic

Posted Dec 6, 2013 @ 12:42 AM

I was expecting Jump City to be in ruins thanks to the Titans being in comas for a year. Maybe Titans East picked up the slack? Or maybe Second Santa did.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 8, 2014 @ 1:20 PM

Heads up . . . new episode airs tonight on CN.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 16, 2014 @ 6:06 PM

Just checking to see if anybody else caught the last two episodes, both Raven-centric. "Lady Legasus" was just fucking weird and wrong . . . not that we see Raven without the robe or hovering, but that her bare legs get so much exposure. And Beast Boy goes gaga over them, which . . . not good, at least for the intended audience.

SmoothOperator

SmoothOperator

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 18, 2014 @ 7:58 PM

I'd like to see these Raven-centric episodes because she was my fave.

do you know where i could watch them ? i live in Canado so its going to be hard

Edited by SmoothOperator, Jan 18, 2014 @ 7:59 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Jan 26, 2014 @ 11:52 PM

I have no clue where else you can watch episodes outside of the US.

Last episode had Starfire teaching the ways of peace to her teammates and enemies through the power of sad faces. Sad faces backed by photos of sad-looking dogs. And it actually works.

Just checking . . . no new episode this week? All I see is a bunch of "Ninjago" episodes on Wednesday night.

Twilight Man

Twilight Man

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:06 PM

Waffles, Waffles Waffles waffles Waffles waffles waffles.

Waffles waffles Waffles (waffles Waffles) waffles waffles waffles.

Waffles waffles Waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles Waffles Waffles!!!

Waffles waffles waffles waffles (waffles waffles), Waffles waffles waffles Waffles Waffles waffles waffles waffles.

Waffles Waffles waffles Waffles waffles Waffles Waffles, waffles waffles waffles waffles.

Waffles waffles Waffles waffles Waffles Waffles waffles waffles waffles waffles.

Waffles waffles waffles!!!!

Edited by Twilight Man, Feb 6, 2014 @ 3:34 PM.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2014 @ 4:06 PM

Yeah, that didn't get annoying after the first few minutes, did it? Also funny to see the TT/TTG version of Brother Blood again, because he's become a Big Bad (or one of 'em) on this season of Arrow. Also: PAINBOT. "All I know is pain." That was funny. Sick, but funny.

Stephen87

Stephen87

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2014 @ 4:01 PM

Since nobody made any comments about the "Birds" episode, were they making a mocking reference to Prometheus at the end?

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 2, 2014 @ 4:28 PM

The mythical Prometheus, or the anti-Batman that Grant Morrison dreamed up? I'm not sure either way, though I thought the episode was amusing. Most of the episodes are pretty funny, even as Cartoon Network continues to disrespect other DC Comics properties.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Mar 27, 2014 @ 11:55 PM

Anybody catch the latest episode? The boys turn in Silkie to Killer Moth for an insane amount of money. I think they wound up doing a takeoff of the Duck Tails theme song, even mentioning Scrooge McDuck and diving through gold coins. Pretty choice episode, IMHO.

Lantern7

Lantern7

Stalker

Posted Yesterday, 06:18 PM

Heads up . . . the next episode airs on CN tomorrow at 6 p.m., and will feature Mas y Minos. It'll be hard to top "Uncle Jokes," which had Robin snapping and channeling his teammates.