TWoP Media Sightings

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

2025 replies to this topic

Raguel

Raguel

Fanatic

Posted Jul 13, 2010 @ 8:26 AM

Pamela Ribon (pamie to y'all) will be reading from and singing copies of her new novel, "Going in Circles," at the Barnes and Noble @ Johns Hopkins on July 24 at 1 p.m. The Barnes and Noble is at 3330 St. Paul St.

hjmugillecuty

hjmugillecuty

Fanatic

Posted Aug 5, 2010 @ 12:15 PM

There was a half page ad for the Tubeys in this week's issue of US Weekly. (with the Bachlorette on the cover)

raceguy120390

raceguy120390

Fanatic

Posted Aug 9, 2010 @ 4:50 AM

Does "any coverage is good coverage" apply to this from TV Tropes?

Seriously, why is this site around? I've only read a handful of their recaps, but honestly, the few I saw was too many. Now, what particular problems do I have with this site? It doesn't specialize. If you're there to get a review of a show, don't expect one, it's either fanboying or bile filled hatred. As for the humor, good gods, loudly going SNAP after you make a lame zinger isn't really amusing. Look, if you call yourself snarky then you really aren't. If you enjoy the Squee's of fan boys or the Boo's of Troll's, go ahead. Oh, and the crossovers they purpose are the scum at the bottom of fanfictions collective barrel. The only thing they do decently is get interviews with writers, and those are rare enough and quite jarring, cause after twenty pages lambasting a show for its sheer shit factor, you praise the guy who wrote it, I guess they're loving the sinner and hating the sin, but hard to keep your critic cred when you just had tennis with the guy you just tore a new asshole. TWP, focus yourselves, get funny or go professional, don't go for both, cause you are failing.

ByTheWay

ByTheWay

Stalker

Posted Oct 9, 2010 @ 8:03 PM

I saw a TV commercial for TWoP on the Bravo channel while watching the 8PM episode of House.

TedHinD

TedHinD

Fanatic

Posted Nov 18, 2010 @ 11:20 AM

The book Reality Bites Back by Jennifer L. Pozner quotes a TWoP poster on the America's Next Top Model forum here.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Sep 4, 2011 @ 3:26 PM

Do other blogs count?
http://gofugyourself...-2-2011-09-2011

Our friend Sarah Bunting investigates whether Dawson’s Creek stands the test of time. For those of you, like me, who loved her and Tara Ariano’s Dawson’s recaps from the early days of TWoP (or, rather, Mighty Big TV, or, rather, Dawson’s Wrap, or, rather, WE WERE SO YOUNG) this is a particular delight. (NY Mag)

Selianth

Selianth

Couch Potato

Posted Sep 6, 2011 @ 4:03 PM

I'm pretty sure both Fug Girls (Jessica and Heather) are former recappers for MBTV/TWOP. I don't know if that makes the mention count more or less :)

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

• Interests:http://www.biblegateway.com/

Posted Sep 7, 2011 @ 10:02 PM

I'm pretty sure both Fug Girls (Jessica and Heather) are former recappers for MBTV/TWOP.

Well, that makes complete sense. Didn't know that!

TWoP Pembleton

TWoP Pembleton

Stalker

• Interests:Also known as Kim, one of your friendly recappers

Posted Sep 8, 2011 @ 7:37 AM

Heather recapped under Heathen, Jessica recapped under Jessica -- you can see a (possibly incomplete) list of shows recapped at the link.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Dec 9, 2011 @ 11:26 AM

The best TV criticism’s ink is pink, but powerful; TWoP and its pioneering role mentioned on page 2.

Also, we need to call out Sars piece on Dawson's Creek explicitly.

Chopped Liver

Chopped Liver

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 10, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

Online Recap Of TV Show Attracts 25,000 Readers Who Have Given Up On Life | The Onion

Which moderator submitted this headline?

Philip J Fry

Philip J Fry

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 24, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

Tune In, Recap, Drop Out

cwaldo

cwaldo

Fanatic

Posted Jun 18, 2012 @ 12:32 PM

Kevin Smith has a show called "Spoilers" that discusses movies that have recently come out. He just had one on Promethus and had Damon Lindelof as a guest. Lindelof talked about how he came to write for Lost and that he was a forum-dweller at TWoP on the Alias boards. I wonder who he was.

TWoP Howard

TWoP Howard

Stalker

• Interests:If you have a question for me, please use the Messenger/PM system to do that rather than leaving a question on this page (unless you’re a Just Tuned In, who won’t be able to use it until you’ve made ten posts). Thanks!

Posted Apr 4, 2013 @ 4:23 PM

The "Brilliant but Cancelled" team got a place on ComplexTV's list of 25 Best TV Bloggers.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 4:32 AM

The "Brilliant but Cancelled" team got a place on ComplexTV's list of 25 Best TV Bloggers.

And just a couple spots up on that same list is our former Miss Alli.

Puds38

Puds38

Stalker

Posted Apr 6, 2013 @ 12:35 PM

While we're having a trip down memory lane, I don't think anyone ever mentioned Keckler's book on picky eaters. I won a copy in a contest and found myself nodding and saying "yeah" far too many times. However, I am still never eating okra.