Rank the Seasons

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

61 replies to this topic

SnideAsides

SnideAsides

Fanatic

Posted Feb 2, 2012 @ 9:05 PM

Especially after how bad the last two seasons were, I'd put Nicaragua squarely in the "meh" category. In fact, it (along with the RI finale) appears to be the only season not currently on Youtube, which kind of shows just how bland it is.

Edited by SnideAsides, Feb 2, 2012 @ 9:12 PM.

SpeciousLogic

SpeciousLogic

Fanatic

Posted Mar 15, 2012 @ 10:07 PM

I liked Guatemala more than virtually everyone here. I loved the switches, the strategies, the challenges, the way the dominant alliance blindsided its 2 resident assholes (Jamie & Judd, with the latter's famous parting words), the surprising win by dead-woman-walking Danni, Gary finding the HII just in the nick of time and playing it exactly when he needed to (back when the HII was much less powerful than it is now)...definitely one of my Top 3 seasons.

Thailand is at the bottom, and probably always will be. Predictable pagoning after the merge, didn't like anyone in the F3, and absolutely despise Heidik with the FOATS. Unless a Hantz comes back and wins (or Colton does the highly improbable this season), he will likely always be my most hated winner.

Hated both RI seasons, partly because I hate the gimmick (it ain't Survivor if you can come back after you're voted off!), partly because I hated the returning players, one and all (Ozzie less so than the other 3, but still), and partly because the first season was just boring as hell watching Jeff and everyone else lead Rob down the yellow brick road.

S1 was a great watch, but it was colored by my vast preference for Pagong over Tagi, and especially the elimination of Gretchen, still one of my all-time favorites.

In all these seasons, only once has my early favorite ended up winning (Yul), although there have been numerous winners I liked well enough (and many more I decidedly did not like).