Cast & Crew in Real Life

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

600 replies to this topic

escape

escape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 12:33 PM

I thought I'd let everyone know that the Slayer Cruise website is up and running and that they've announced a few guests.

So far, the Buffy celebs that have signed on are: Iyari Limon, James Leary, George Hertzberg, Julie Benz, and Andy Hallett.

HellKitten

HellKitten

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 3:13 PM

AD & AH getting snuggly at an event

Ahhhh newly weds ;)

Bruinsfan

Bruinsfan

Stalker

• Interests:hockey, horror, science fiction, mythology, food

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 5:38 AM

Benz and Leary would probably be entertaining to be around, and I know Hallett would make for a fun cruise. But is Iyari Limon supposed to be a selling point?

mrmike

mrmike

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 9:11 AM

"All the time."

-- "American Pie" star ALYSON HANNIGAN when asked by the British media if she had been practicing fake orgasms in preparation for her role in a stage version of "When Harry Met Sally."

Sigh- poor Alexis, what does that say about him?

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea- a stage verson of "When Harry Met Sally?"

escape

escape

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 12:46 PM

But is Iyari Limon supposed to be a selling point?

For a lot of people, she sure is.

Personally, I'm not a huge Kennedy fan, but I am a huge fan of Iyari's. She's probably one of the sweetest people that I've met at any of the cons I've gone to. I'm sure she'll be fun to have around.

Moving to the topic: My Tivo has DB listed as one of the guests on On Air With Ryan Seacrest tomorrow, 1/13.

Bedellia

Bedellia

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 4:59 PM

www.bronzebeta.com

Drew Goddard says:
(Tue Jan 13 20:15:58 2004)

You know, I was gonna come here and hang out for a while since the rest of the gang is either away writing, acting, directing, or talking to reporters... and then just as I post Joss shows up in the office and wants to talk about the rest of the season.

What's there to talk about? Angel broods, Fred says some run-on sentences, Gunn mixes street lingo with lawyer-speak, Wes kills somebody, Spike says something that causes half the fans to write letters to the office telling us how much they hate Fury, and Lorne mentions some B-level celebrity.

It practically writes itself. I don't see what there is to talk about.

SistaKaren

SistaKaren

Fanatic

• Interests:being awesome.

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 5:13 PM

Heh. Never let it be said that I don't think that Goddard is hilarious.

namrog

namrog

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:01 PM

Just because he says it as a joke doesn't mean it isn't the truth. I'm not sure I find it that funny considering the drop in quality of this season and the last 2 of Buffy.

Dazed

Dazed

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:16 PM

He he... got to love Drew.

Anywho, watched DB on Ryan Seacrest today. Here's a recap for those who missed it or didn't bother to watch.

First off... that show kinda sucks. It's a bad TRL minus the music rip off, but whatever. DB's interview took place outside. DB walked through the crowd to the stage. He bounced up and down on the chairs and spun around for awhile. Him and Ryan started talking about the first time that they met. Apparently Ryan hit on Jamie Bergman back when she was dating DB. David seemed a bit peeved about this and showed it. For a minute there I thought claws were gonna fly. Ryan also said that he and Jamie dated to which David vehemently denied such ever occured. He even suggested that they call Jamie right there and then to see who was of the right.

They didn't talk about Angel much, just that it was a spin-off and showed a clip of Wed. episode. Ryan picked a fan out of the crowd who claimed she was a huge Angel and David fan. So, he offered her the Angel DVD if she could guess what animal David had a fear of. She guessed horses and I sighed in exasperation. Huge David fan my ass.

Also, a chicken was on hand (don't ask), and Ryan goaded DB into holding one, which he did after much prodding. By the by, it seems that David knows Nicole Richie (she was a guest), and taking into account her partying reputation and DB's back when he was single... the mind starts to wander.

Endeavour

Endeavour

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:27 PM

First off... that show kinda sucks.

I saw it too. I'd replace kinda with definitely.

Also, when Seacrest was introducing DB he said DB played "Angel, a vampire with a heart".

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:33 PM

He bounced up and down on the chairs and spun around for awhile.

I wonder if he does this on the set a lot. Maybe Cordelia's "Hey, look at me! I'm Angel!" thing was a little inside joke.

Ailiana

Ailiana

Fanatic

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 6:57 PM

David was pretty funny while they were trying to talk him into holding the rooster (not just any chicken!). The fan in question was supposed to get a season 2 DVD set if she knew the answer, or if David would hold the rooster. David kept trying to just give her the set, and he repeated that there was no way he was going to hold the rooster. When Nicholle Ritchie walked up to him with the chicken, he finally agreed, and he actually held it like he knows what to do with a chicken. Um, that came out weird. Anyway, it was pretty good, though I'm not sure it was worth sitting through the first 40 minutes of that show for.

Dazed

Dazed

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 7:06 PM

Seacrest was introducing DB he said DB played "Angel, a vampire with a heart".

Yeah, I noticed that too, and proceeded to roll the eye. That goes right up there with the remark that "But Buffy is a vampire" from the big chick on the View.

Some people!!

Softcocoa77

Softcocoa77

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:19 PM

he actually held it like he knows what to do with a chicken.

yeah I thought he would have been more awkward (?) with the chicken considering he kept saying he was going to run down the street rather than hold the chicken. I thought the interview wasn't bad, but didn't understand why they only talked about Angel for about a minute-the bouncing chairs lasted longer I think. I don't particularly like Ryan Seacrest...but I guess it wasn't the worst interview I've ever seen. DB made me laugh with his protesting against the chicken and I kept hoping he would beat up RS for 'dating' his wife.

Edited by Softcocoa77, Jan 13, 2004 @ 9:20 PM.

HellKitten

HellKitten

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:40 PM

Too bad about Seacrest, But keep an eyeball open for DB on the Sharon Osbourne Show tomorrow on NBC.

Also:

Julie Benz Appearence

Some sort of celebrity collector show, JB is mentioned as a guest about 4/5 of the way down. Funny how her role as Darla is mentioned last, all though it's the only show mentioning her character name.

Also:

Charisma Carpenter Interview

Warning: I got this link from another site and it said it's spoilerish (therefore I didn't look at it), so maybe some nice (spoiled rotten) person could go check it out and tell me if that holds true :) Thanks

Edited by HellKitten, Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:49 PM.

FourGOM

FourGOM

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:05 AM

The spoilers are fairly vague. It sounds like she's very pleased with the story of the 100th episode. Really she doesn't discuss any plot specifics except for some of her scenes with DB.

I personally continue to be impressed with Charisma's handling of the lack of Cordelia situation. She's very gracious and unwilling to throw mud, which sits with me better than the way others have discussed it in the media.

The only thing that surprised me was her view on the EvilCordy storyline. Basically she hated it - she says that point blank - and I think it was incredibly fun and different. Still, I can see how it would be difficult to do, since she really wasn't Cordelia all season except maybe in Spin the Bottle. But I rather liked it a lot, and she certainly did a good job.

CleaPet

CleaPet

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:18 AM

That's interesting. IIRC, last season the word on this forum was that EvilCordy was partly Charisma's idea.

shamoogity

shamoogity

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:03 AM

I was disappointed with the lack of DB freak-out with the chicken. I was hoping he would do something really bizarre.

What was weirdest for me was seeing Angel with a spray-on tan. And not a very even one at that.

nil

nil

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 9:45 AM

I dunno if this fits, but Elizabeth Rohm was on the radio this morning. She mostly talked about Law & Order, but Angel was mentioned briefly. I must agree with the guys that she does have a very nice voice.

ostentatious

ostentatious

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 9:47 AM

I remember hearing that Charisma wanted Cordy to do something different, wanted something big for her, but I don't think she necessarily meant "destroy my character in a way that doesn't even allow me to have fun". I mean, honestly, I'm no fan of the character or the actress, but there's fun evil that an actor would simply have a fabulous time getting to play and that may destroy the character but what the heck, the actor got to stretch and do interesting work along the way, but evil Cordy was not that sort of character. Other than the really grand moment when she descended the stairs all lingerie-clad and swollen with pregnancy but quite boobalicious and hot anyway, I can't think of anything that evil Cordy got to do that would be a joy to play. I'm not surprised she hated it. What was there for her to enjoy?

Edited by ostentatious, Jan 14, 2004 @ 9:48 AM.

Lila

Lila

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 12:39 PM

CleaPet -- I'm pretty sure you're misremembering.

That's a really good example of why fans shouldn't do interviews. Ew. Anyway, I can't tell what they're talking about when they refer to the "Evil Cordelia/Connor storyline." It doesn't mean all season, but does it mean the post-"Rain of Fire" stuff, or the last third of the season, or what? So I'm vaguely surprised to hear that she hated... something. But I'm not sure what it is exactly they're talking about, much less if they're both talking about the same thing.

HellKitten

HellKitten

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 1:02 PM

The WB Network's 2004 All Star Party Pics

Bigger Pics 1
Bigger Pics 2
AA, DB, & MM.

David and the Chicken

Edited by HellKitten, Jan 14, 2004 @ 11:02 PM.

Autodidact

Autodidact

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 2:00 PM

For Elizabeth Rohm, it isn't that she doesn't have a nice voice. She does. It isn't that she doesn't have a beautiful face or body. She does. It's simply that, in S1-2 Angel, she shouldn't rely on acting as her paper bag exit strategy.

areacode212

areacode212

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 4:20 PM

What did they say about AtS during that Elizabeth Rohm radio appearance? Did she say anything interesting about the show, or was it just something boring like "Well, before this, I played a cop on Angel for 2 years..." ?

nil

nil

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 5:52 PM

Something like that. Nothing special.

I noticed Whedon and AD were at the WB party too, as well as DB's wife and.....Vanilla Ice and Ron Jeremy? I won't ask.

quirkygrl

quirkygrl

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 6:04 PM

Joss... should really rethink that beard.

jerry

jerry

Fanatic

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 7:08 PM

...she shouldn't rely on acting as her paper bag exit strategy

Sorry to be stupid, but I don't know what that means. Someone, help me?

Kalbear

Kalbear

Stalker

Posted Jan 14, 2004 @ 7:58 PM

I think they're saying that they couldn't act their way out of a paper bag, but they've said it in a really clever way.

Elizabeth Rohm is a really pretty face...but she isn't the world's best actress in S1. S2 she gets quite a bit better. Possibly because she's not there as much. :)

Warden

Warden

Stalker

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:10 PM

Damn. I heard DB had a chicken phobia but have yet to see it for myself.

Eliza Dushku will be appearing on The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn on Friday night.

Silly Wabbit

Silly Wabbit

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 15, 2004 @ 12:19 PM

Did DB appear on Sharon Osbourne? I haven't heard any feedback.