Spoilers: Season 12 and earlier

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

6320 replies to this topic

NYCgal

NYCgal

Loyal Viewer

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 8:51 AM

a surprise ending awaiting the teams at the mat

I also think the 11/29 reference is to a "to be continued" leg as Phil waited on the mat to give teams a TBC clue in TAR 7.

Maybe the surpise will be another previous team will be at the mat handing the clue out fot the to be continued leg. I'm still eagerly looking to see previous contestants. It's one of the only good things they did this season

From the 8-1 episode thread Kevin says ( he was there with Drew)

Watched the show at a BP-sponsored event at Wollman Rink last night. Rob & Amber, Ken & Gerard, Merredith & Maria, Derek & Drew and John Vito were there

libsl

libsl

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 12:24 PM

I don't think it's likely that the Weavers will win, though I do think the editting with them is strange and points to them going far. But I don't think Ma Weaver going back to work at her job is an indication that she expects to be rolling in money. It is a small Christian school that probably pays very little anyway. She probably sees it as a religious calling to teach there.

And the race itself seems to be very draining on her. Perhaps the root to everyone's dislike of her is that she was obviously uncomfortable being around people who behaved inconsistently to her personal belief. If so then she would probably want to immerse herself in like believers as a kind of purge.

TrueBlue

TrueBlue

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 2:00 PM

Also, I think the money isn't actually awarded until after the show airs (I guess to preclude change-of-lifestyle spoilers). The Weavers don't strike me as having enough money for her to quit working and live off her savings for several months until the check is awarded.

Note: I'm not saying I think they win, although I won't be surprised if they go pretty far.

Tranman

Tranman

Posted Oct 30, 2005 @ 11:13 PM

she expects to be rolling in money.

Well a million after taxes might leave you with half, maybe a bit more if there is no state income tax. ( I think its taxed as ordinary income) Put it in taxfree bonds for maybe 3%, you might wring $15k a year out of it. Not enough to retire on, but enough to help cover some expenses. Every bit helps. Keep the day job.

curse reversed

curse reversed

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 7:03 PM

Well a million after taxes might leave you with half, maybe a bit more if there is no state income tax.

Which there isn't in Florida.

Miss Alli

Miss Alli

Stalker

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 7:18 PM

So very off-topic, this entire thing.

tarflyonthewall

tarflyonthewall

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 9:46 PM

The "curse" talk is off-topic. Spoilers, please. Thanks. [/quote]

It's on topic. The discussion was started (by me) BEFORE the NOLA episode. Which clarifies it as a spoiler. Which means it's on topic. Which makes it a spoiler. Which means it's on topic. Which makes it a spoiler. Which means I'm all confuzzled (ahhh, fighting Miss Alli on the boards AND using non-existent words. She's not gonna like this.)

[Well, I certainly don't. Banned.]

Edited by Jacob, Nov 3, 2005 @ 3:48 PM.

wj 737 200

wj 737 200

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 1, 2005 @ 10:23 PM

One of the episode descriptions: 11/22 - Says contestants are taken to new heights. This could be the aircraft in the beginning but if the teams went to Toronto could it also be the CN tower??

Mtl Native

Mtl Native

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:55 AM

Does anyone know where next week's episode takes place? The only thing I saw in the preview was Dad Paolo in the water and Dad Bransen yelling at his daughters. It was kind of hard to determine location.

Edited by Mtl Native, Nov 2, 2005 @ 9:54 AM.

elixir0219

elixir0219

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 2, 2005 @ 5:31 PM

The AOL preview makes it seem like they return to the US, or at an English speaking country.

libsl

libsl

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 4:33 PM

I think they are going to Belize (formerly British Honduras), which is English speaking. There are lots of little islands off the coast, maybe they are snorkeling for buried stuff in the coral reef.

hazza123

hazza123

Fanatic

Posted Nov 3, 2005 @ 11:55 PM

Is it just me, or is there a yield sign behind the Paolos when Pa is doing the underwater challenge? Its in the AOL preview video.

TAR Neobie

TAR Neobie

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 12:54 AM

Arizona. Go-kart company, rock formations...

thatmillerkid

thatmillerkid

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 5, 2005 @ 4:11 AM

First TAR9 Spoiler?--

On 10/25, the Denver Post reported rumors that TAR9 would start in Denver, with filming set to begin "in early November."

Now, Arcadia over at TARflies reports seeing Phil in a Denver hotel lobby, accompanied by "two people with clipboards."

RAAACE?

Melesse

Melesse

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 7:26 PM

There's nothing quite like being on vacation, driving down a street and seeing someone holding a very familiar yellow and black clue envelope bearing the words "The Amazing Race". Squeeee!

Here's what we saw:

Ottawa, Ontario (Canada), on November 5th at 3:20 pm. At the corner of Rideau and Sussex, we almost ran down some twit walking into the road against the light. He was wearing a brown trench coat (possibly oiled canvas) and a brown leather hat with one side turned up, and was holding a classic Yellow and Black TAR clue envelope. My fiance thinks he saw someone with this guy, but I don't remember a film/sound setup at all. Plus it didn't look like he was wearing a backpack. But... that envelope is unmistakable.

This is right near Byward Market, so maybe a task there? Fiance says the guy was moving fast.

Squee! :)

rachel_wilder

rachel_wilder

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 6, 2005 @ 8:36 PM

Arizona. Go-kart company, rock formations...

Okay, my original comments about it not being next may have been off, but it's Utah, not Arizona. I thought my source said 4 teams, but it was five. Whoops!

Edited by rachel_wilder, Nov 8, 2005 @ 2:30 PM.

Late Viewer

Late Viewer

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 11:06 AM

Ottawa, Ontario (Canada), on November 5th at 3:20 pm. At the corner of Rideau and Sussex, we almost ran down some twit walking into the road against the light. He was wearing a brown trench coat (possibly oiled canvas) and a brown leather hat with one side turned up, and was holding a classic Yellow and Black TAR clue envelope. My fiance thinks he saw someone with this guy, but I don't remember a film/sound setup at all. Plus it didn't look like he was wearing a backpack. But... that envelope is unmistakable.

I would wet my pants and then after cleaning up, go search out contestants for whom I could Fern. I'm not proud. And I would give a shout out to Miss Alli, while doing it - totally willing to share my 15 minutes.

Anyway - so TAR 9 from Colorado to Ottawa. Hopefully the format will be back to what we know and love. and maybe we'll even make it out of the $%@#%@ Americas.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Nov 7, 2005 @ 11:57 AM

[quote]Anyway - so TAR 9 from Colorado to Ottawa. Hopefully the format will be back to what we know and love. and maybe we'll even make it out of the $%@#%@ Americas.[/quote]

Well, the fact that they're back to the "Classic" Yellow and Black clue envelope is a start. Next stop is the Yellow and Red Route Markers/Flags. However, so far, I think I'm relieved to NOT hear any sightings of racers that were seen on other CBS shows.

[quote]I would wet my pants and then after cleaning up, go search out contestants for whom I could Fern. I'm not proud. And I would give a shout out to Miss Alli, while doing it - totally willing to share my 15 minutes.[quote]

Don't forget to have them drive you to work after the 15 minutes end. LOL.

Unfortunately, speaking of colors and what not, I'm still fearing the Red Finish Line Mat for TARFE being replaced by a Gray (or whatever TARFE-related color) Finish Line Mat (that'll probably say Family Edition on it). Whatever.

It's great to hear these sightings. I was thinking TAR9 would be filmed in January (after reading an article on Phil, before then I was assuming it would be November). The fear of a January taping could've meant that TAR9 would be pushed back to the summer. Although TAR2 aired in the spring following a January taping, the more recent TAR4 and TAR5 didn't, which led me to believe that they'd do the same here (thus killing our chances at the Emmy IMO).

I was left to hope for sightings this month, and here they are. Thanks guys. As mentioned elsewhere, I really wouldn't think that TPTB would mention exactly when they would start filming.

fenix guy

fenix guy

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 7:00 PM

According to this article, they're goin to Arizona tonight -grand canyon and lake powell.

http://www.azcentral...zingrace08.html

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 11:07 PM

Well, with the Paolos gone, I cannot believe that I have to deal with the Desperate Housewives and the Weavers for the remainder of November. Jesus!

gbeckman

gbeckman

Channel Surfer

Posted Nov 8, 2005 @ 11:25 PM

I just tried to post, but it disappeared somehow, so if this double posts, I apologize in advance!

Anyway...the Denver Post had a picture and caption in the Denver and the West section today showing a CBS crew filming (the backs of) two female racers yesterday in the Denver airport. The caption really didn't say much other than that CBS was currently filming the ninth version of The Amazing Race. I tried to find it online, but looks like it was only in the print version.

Transformr

Transformr

Just Tuned In

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 2:49 AM

One of the pages in the cbs official website shows which team is probably be eliminated next. So don't go here if you don't wanna find out.

http://www.cbs.com/p...ng_race8/teams/

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 3:54 AM

Stupid CBS web monkeys. Bransens did come in last, but in a NEL.

MissRaye

MissRaye

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 4:58 AM

the website looks like they were a bit overzealous.. they'll blame it on some intern... but wow... will the vegas book=keepers get in a knot over this!

Tipp

Tipp

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 5:56 AM

The picture could just have been put there on account of the Bransen's coming in last in the NEL, but the fact that they have the picture with the sepia tones and the x in the corner already coded and everything is very...ominous.

Want2Sleep

Want2Sleep

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 6:27 AM

the website looks like they were a bit overzealous.. they'll blame it on some intern... but wow.

Didn't crap like that happen on the Survior site a long time ago? Geez CBS, get rid of the cheap help !

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 7:50 AM

One of the pages in the cbs official website shows which team is probably be eliminated next. So don't go here if you don't wanna find out.

It's inevitable (anyway). The Weavers are too evil to finish fourth, and the Godlewskis are way too loud. The Linz haven't won yet (also, betting spoiler), and the Bransens are more attractive than the Godlewskis and definitely the Weavers. It's a coin flip between the Godlewskis and the Bransens, and naturally, the Desperate Housewives are two-sided.

Well, it's back to right-to-left, but not before skipping over the Godlewskis, as opposed to the Gaghans. Go figure.

To make matters worse, TPTB will obviously make the end a massive-bunch, which not only prevents the Weavers from getting Guido-ed (as they should be since they've alienated themselves from everybody), but makes for a possible painful and scary as all hell TES the following day. In addition, all those other teams will be forced to clap/cheer on the Weavers, at which point, I'll direct my hate from the Weavers to TPTB.

I'll likely keep tabs on what goes on from here until December 13. Other than that, in terms of actually tuning in? Yep. I'm done until the finale. See y'all on 12/13.

Edited to be a little clearer and to add more stuff

Edited by SeaBreeze341, Nov 9, 2005 @ 8:02 AM.

meredithand

meredithand

Video Archivist

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 8:06 AM

Didn't crap like that happen on the Survior site a long time ago? Geez CBS, get rid of the cheap help !

Yes, it happened on the first season of "Survivor", but it was a hoax.

It was a Red-X theory that someone supposedly broke in to the CBS webpage and saw that everyone had a Red-X through their picture (signifying they'd been voted off) except for Gervase.

Thankfully, that did not turn out to be true.

graefin

graefin

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 8:18 AM

If this "oops" turns out to be true, that will mean that the Weavers will be in the final 3 and race to the finish. I'd prefer any other team than them. Bleargh.

SeaBreeze341

SeaBreeze341

Stalker

Posted Nov 9, 2005 @ 8:20 AM

Only this time, however, it's perfectly clear. In fact, something similar happened on the Sopranos nearly three years ago, where the entire Season Finale Info was make public during the final 48 hours before it aired. There were four things, and after speculating that it was also a hoax/trick by TPTB, all four big "bits" of information turned out to be true.

Only time will tell, but I won't be surprised anyway (just very upset) since I excepted them to finish fourth long ago anyway (moreso given who's left).