Tissues Galore: Saddest TV Moments

• Please log in to reply

3073 replies to this topic

backhometome

backhometome

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 4, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Breaking bad Season 2 - Jesse`s reaction to Janes death killed me, especially the scene in the crack house where he just started sobbing and Walter just held him.

Trini Girl

Trini Girl

Stalker

Posted Feb 6, 2012 @ 1:31 AM

The series finale of Chuck: If I had to pick one moment, it'd be when Sarah tells Chuck "goodbye" and leaves him alone in the courtyard. But the final hour was sad in general, just because you could see how emotional the actors were that the show was ending. Zachary Levi, in particular seemed to be teary-eyed every other scene -- which was making me teary-eyed!

Edited by Trini Girl, Feb 6, 2012 @ 1:33 AM.

mightybigpiperfan

mightybigpiperfan

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 12:47 PM

I bawled during this past weeks episode of Glee. One of the plots was about teen suicide. Dave Karofsky was a football player at McKinley High School and mercilessly tormented Kurt, who is openly gay. Stuff went down and Karofsky wound up going to a different school. He got outed and the students were cruel and he felt that he had no other option but suicide.

The whole scene with him getting dressed in his finest and his dad finding him was heart wrenching. I know lots of people didn't like it, but I thought it was well done. This video does a nice job summing up the storyline.

AtlanticVamp

AtlanticVamp

Fanatic

Posted Mar 19, 2012 @ 7:49 PM

Law & Order: SVU's episode "Monogamy" had a real tear-jerker ending. John Ritter's was the guest star, as the husband of a pregnant woman who was attacked and had her baby cut out of her body. As the investigation went on, it comes out the wife had cheated, but the husband had been her attacker. Once he was on the stand, the prosecutor revealed the truth: the baby had been his. He had killed his own son.

I'm breathless every time I see John Ritter hearing that, then breaking down.

mightybigpiperfan

mightybigpiperfan

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2012 @ 9:09 AM

I don't typically watch Desperate Housewives, but I did this Sunday and I got teary eyed at the funeral Teri Hatcher's husband (sorry, I don't know names). The episode had flashbacks and at one point, their son was asking about heaven and the dad said that heaven was like going to the diner and eating a really good cheeseburger or going fishing. Teri spoke those words at the funeral and made me care about a character I knew nothing about. That is good acting!

21bored

21bored

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 10:46 PM

I watched the Angel episode, "I Will Remember You", and man, I forgot how heart-breaking that episode was. Towards the end when Angel tells Buffy that they're going to set time back so they'll forget the day and Buffy cries and promises she'll never forget him, but he knows she will and that he'll be the only one who remembers. It's too much. The storyline was a little contrived, but SMG and David Boreanaz did a great job.

mightybigpiperfan

mightybigpiperfan

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:22 PM

I watched the Angel episode, "I Will Remember You", and man, I forgot how heart-breaking that episode was.

I love that episode! The last few minutes kill me. There is one point where David slips and calls Sarah by Sarah instead of Buffy because Sarah was so upset. Damn you Joss Whedon!

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:21 PM

Raylan Givens, on the season finale of "Justified," realizing - and accepting - that his crazy, crooked father thought he was shooting Raylan when he killed a deputy 'in a hat' when the deputy was threatening Boyd.

Edited by TudorQueen, Apr 13, 2012 @ 4:33 PM.

Silje

Silje

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 14, 2012 @ 3:10 PM

The ending of the pilot of Derek, Ricky Gervais' new sitcom/dramedy, was rough. The whole pilot was touching and sweet, but the ending destroyed me. I cried and sobbed. It was not a pretty sight.

Edited by Silje, Apr 18, 2012 @ 4:47 PM.

Eegah

Eegah

Stalker

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:58 PM

The death of Sammy the vampire dog on Revenge. I've lost two dogs, and it really seemed like both actors were using the real emotion from their own pasts in the scene.

Scrambled Eggs

Scrambled Eggs

Fanatic

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 12:52 AM

The death of Sammy the vampire dog on Revenge. I've lost two dogs, and it really seemed like both actors were using the real emotion from their own pasts in the scene.

I was crying as well--our family dog died when he was 16, and the scene reminded me of him; though I was in college and not present when it happened.

emjay1116

emjay1116

Stalker

Posted May 17, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Me too! I was thinking of my poor kitty who we had to put down a few years ago and my first dog (we had him from the time I was really little until I was like 18). I was bawling my eyes out.
I think I'd rather go with the immortal dog, even if it is unrealistic, than that. Too realistic.

Corporal Agarn

Corporal Agarn

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 11:47 AM

One TV episode that has always had me weepy:
"I, Borg" from "Star Trek" The Next Generation".

corvus13, the part of that episode that always gets me weeping is the very end, when, after Hugh's memory has supposedly been wiped clean by the Borg rescue party, he glances at Geordi as he's beaming up. Just that one look, which doesn't even last a second, and you know he's remembered everything. Cue the waterworks.

I am, more often than not, moved to tears by Star Trek. To wit: DS9's "The Visitor." Oh God. At the very end, when Jake asks his father if he's alright, Sisko says, "I am now...I am now." The second time he says it, it catches in his throat, and it's just beautiful.

Also, Dukat losing his shit in "A Sacrifice of Angels." Seeing this magnificent villain just rocking back and forth muttering to himself in a jail cell rips me apart. I don't care that he's the big baddie--still hurt to see him reduced to that. We will not go into what horrid things the show did to his character afterwards.

Edited by Corporal Agarn, May 18, 2012 @ 11:48 AM.

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

Lexie's death on the season finale of Grey's Anatomy left me in equal parts tears and rage. Tears because I really did love the character and they did turn her death in to major tearjerk territory. Rage because I hate that they killed a character with so many ripe possibilities, especially after four seasons of teasing us with the whole 'will she and Mark ever get it together for real' thing.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Jul 20, 2012 @ 10:37 PM

I was watching an HBO documentary called "One Nation Under Dog". I couldn't even watch the segments featuring the shelters, etc, and I can't even recap it now, it was so wrenching.

visenya6

visenya6

Couch Potato

Posted Nov 13, 2012 @ 6:33 PM

The Walking Dead usually scar me for life, but there was something about the wall of hands that made me weep as if I was the child in Daycare Center.

Rest in Peace little children, you're gone but you will never be forgotten.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 6:38 PM

You know it's a sad news event when even the reporters are struggling to hold back tears.

You know it's a sad news event when even the reporters are struggling to hold back tears.

prairiegal

prairiegal

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:10 PM

The President's statement. He wasn't President while he was speaking, he was a Dad.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 14, 2012 @ 11:38 PM

I thought the same thing. The first time he wiped his eyes, it didn't occur to me, but when he paused for what felt like an eternity, I realized that he was struggling not to cry.

ChromaKelly

ChromaKelly

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 16, 2012 @ 9:46 PM

Rewatching Season 1 of Game of Thrones. Realizing this is the last time Ned will see Cat, his kids. Gives me a giant sad. :*(

TudorQueen

TudorQueen

Stalker

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 6:14 PM

So many moments in Game of Thrones are like that, and they always, always make me sad. And it will get worse if they follow the books.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

For me, most of Game of Thrones's season 1 saddest TV moments come from Ned's children themselves: the last time Rickon laughed with his father, the last time Bran ran after his sister, the last time Arya hugged her brother, the last time Jon spoke to Robb, the last time Robb saw Sansa, etc.

Looking back, the pilot episode was basically the end of their family, only neither one of the siblings knew it at the time.

Edited by wildling, Dec 17, 2012 @ 9:46 PM.

Turkish

Turkish

Stalker

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 3:50 AM

Looking back, the pilot episode was basically the end of their family, only neither one of the siblings knew it at the time

That in itself makes me sad watching the show because I see these characters trying so hard to find their siblings and restore their family name and it's never going to happen.

BondGirl

BondGirl

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 9:35 AM

I didn't think anything could move me more than Saturday Night Clive's cold opening.
Until I watched the beginning of last night's "The Voice'.
Lovely.

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 10:31 AM

For me, most of Game of Thrones's season 1 saddest TV moments come from Ned's children themselves: the last time Rickon laughed with his father, the last time Bran ran after his sister, the last time Arya hugged her brother, the last time Jon spoke to Robb, the last time Robb saw Sansa, etc.

Looking back, the pilot episode was basically the end of their family, only neither one of the siblings knew it at the time.

That in itself makes me sad watching the show because I see these characters trying so hard to find their siblings and restore their family name and it's never going to happen.

As of season 2 maybe, we don't know yet what's in store for season 3 (or 4 or 5). The books themselves are not done yet, which means all we really know from Season 1's saddest TV moment(s) in the Starks's lives is that those children lost their father forever.

ChromaKelly

ChromaKelly

Couch Potato

Posted Dec 18, 2012 @ 5:14 PM

That's one thing that makes me tear up in the books; when the Stark kids are thinking about each other or Winterfell.
Another sob-inducing moment from me - Seeing Winterfell burning.

thuganomics85

thuganomics85

Stalker

Posted Jan 3, 2013 @ 4:28 PM

I finished watching Six Feet Under for the first time last night. Damn, the last ten minutes of the series finale were just perfectly sad, but great, to watch. Here it is, in all it's sad glory (except the very beginning, which has the typical SFU bizarre, random humor.)

wildling

wildling

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 9:36 AM

Same for me with the ending of Lost. I know its coming, I've seen it before but, as soon as the hugging starts, it gets me every time (and I don't even like that finale).

Edited by wildling, Jan 4, 2013 @ 9:36 AM.

OinkyBoinky

OinkyBoinky

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 3:24 PM

I read this entire thread and can't believe none of you ever got teary about Mad Man. Did you not cry during Don's carousel presentation? Did you not cry when Don is cornered and forced to tell Betty about Dick Whitman and he wants so badly to be accepted and loved for who he is and not the life he had assumed? Did you not cry when Anna dies and Don is totally destroyed by it?

StKatherine

StKatherine

Fanatic

Posted Jan 4, 2013 @ 3:37 PM

Anna dying was the closest I have come to the ugly cry in Mad Men. I've had the trickly tears and the open mouthed numbness (I was gutted, but not crying*, about Lane), but not tissue-wad-worthy crying. I tear up a lot during MM, actually, but rarely to teh point of snuffling. (More becuase I've trained myself not to snuffle at TV than because the scenes are not affecting me, though.)

*I take that back. I cried when the letter fell out of Lane's pocket and you expect it to be a suicide note (thereby giving everyone some sort of insight to what had brought him so far down) and it's just a boilerplate resignation letter.

Edited by StKatherine, Jan 4, 2013 @ 5:05 PM.