GG Cast in Other Roles

• Please log in to reply

3166 replies to this topic

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:58 PM

Hee, the dude that was named Luke also.

I noticed that too - I wonder why they chose to give him the same name as a lead character - not that it mattered much since he was only on the show for a moment. I agree, JJ, I always like to see how stars have worked their way up from one-line walk-ons to major roles. I usually keep a close eye when watching some old 80s movie and check out the credits to see which of today's big stars were once a "waitress" or "guy in suit" 20+ years ago.

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 10:21 PM

I noticed that too - I wonder why they chose to give him the same name as a lead character

I guess so he could drunkenly say that they should form a club.

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 5:57 PM

Caught a glimpse of Paris (Lisa Weil) in the ad for Scandal last night. Might have to watch it just because I miss her so much.

Then, on the other hand, am I the only one maliciously hoping that Krysten Ritter's new show crashes and burns on delivery just because I still hate her GG character so much?

javajunkie86

javajunkie86

Fanatic

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 6:13 PM

Caught a glimpse of Paris (Lisa Weil) in the ad for Scandal last night. Might have to watch it just because I miss her so much.<BR sab="732">

I thought I saw her, but I thought I was imagining it! I will have to tune in.

dustylil

dustylil

Stalker

Posted Apr 3, 2012 @ 7:29 PM

Marion Ross is scheduled to appear for four weeks in Neil Simon's Lost in Yonkers at the Jane Mallett Theatre in downtown Toronto beginning in mid-May.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 1:56 AM

Here's a quick peek at ASP's new show, Bunheads. Didn't see KB in the clip. Show starts on ABCFamily in June.

MsTaken

MsTaken

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 6:57 AM

I have no idea what Scandal is, but if there's even a chance of glimpsing Liza Weil, I'm tuning in and instructing my TiFaux to record every episode.

Bunheads is probably not a show I'd watch if it didn't feature KB and if it weren't created by the woman who gave us my favorite show of all time. Since it does and is, though, I'm cautiously excited for June!

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

Thanks for the link to the clip, Mary. I may have to put aside my feud with ASP and watch Bunheads. But did anyone else notice at the end of the clip, there was something about the way Sutton Foster was standing, and the way she delivered that last line...Did she remind anybody of...Nah. I must be imagining things.

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Apr 4, 2012 @ 10:13 AM

Thanks for the link to the clip, Mary. I may have to put aside my feud with ASP and watch Bunheads. But did anyone else notice at the end of the clip, there was something about the way Sutton Foster was standing, and the way she delivered that last line...Did she remind anybody of...Nah. I must be imagining things.

I also hear that Rose Abdoo (Gypsy) has a role in Bunheads as well. I hope that is still the case. Funny you should say that Cake, I was mentioning that to a couple people the other day. Totally had a Lauren/Lorelai flashback.

tahitigirl

tahitigirl

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

"Doyle" (who appears to have put on a few pounds) and the original Mia were both on Greys Anatomy tonight. It's been awhile since I've been able to watch the GG and their voices drove me crazy until I finally figured it out.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 1:25 AM

TWoP tweeted this about the new show Scandal in which Liza Weil had a role tonight:

Desmond Hume, Paris Geller, Jeremy Goodwin, Mary Cherry... If nothing else, #Scandal's cast is like The Avengers of TV favorites.

deepfriedcake

deepfriedcake

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 6:15 AM

Ha! Yes, that was quite true. I hadn't even realized that was Desmond until watching it last night. Plus there's Rick Castle's ex-wife (or Gibbs' dead wife, depending on your preference.) I woke up thinking about the characters this morning, so apparently I liked it. Olivia Pope herself is a little intense for my taste. I was excited to see that Paris is in the previews for next week -- I had assumed her storyline would be a COTW sort of thing. It was weird seeing Lisa Weil play a character who wasn't so in-your-face assured of herself.

Also, my thought during the show's teaser was that Shonda Rhimes was trying to beat ASP's trademark rapid-fire dialogue. Man, were there a lot of words thrown around during that meeting at the bar!

kellidotca

kellidotca

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 6, 2012 @ 2:03 PM

Ha, i came to mention the Paris/Doyle night last night, i knew you would already have it covered, though. I didn't realize either one of them had roles last night, so it was some good TV surprise!

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2012 @ 2:18 AM

Matt Czuchry was featured in this week's EW magazine's personality quiz. The obligatory GG question:

Q: Weirdest Gilmore Girls fan encounter?
A: Somebody wanted me to autograph her breast and I kindly refused. She was in college. I thought maybe I shouldn't do that.

Also, it seems he and his brother, a psychology professor, have written a book: Brothers on Life, which he describes as "short stories, poetry, philosophy and childhood photographs."

twoods

twoods

Fanatic

Posted Apr 9, 2012 @ 11:46 PM

I caught the movie "something borrowed" his weekend and the hot male lead (Colin) was the guy on the spring episode who Rory was flirting with. Has It been that long since that episode was aired?

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Apr 10, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

Over on the media thread there is a longer Bunheads promo. Rose Abdoo (Gypsy) is in it for a second. Man, I hope I won't continue to compare Sutton Foster to LG. She even tucked her hair behind her ear.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Krysten Ritter comments on her time on GG:

Gilmore Girls was a completely different experience, though, because they were at the very end of their run, and here I was stepping in late in the game. That was tricky, because I was so young and wide-eyed and, like, I cant wait to do this, while everybody else is going, Lets get this over with. [Laughs.] But yeah, that was Its funny how many people watch those shows. They really got thing started for me. So Im really grateful.

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:34 PM

Saw a sneak peek of tonight's episode of the new series, Scandal. Liza Weil, (Paris Geller) was featured.

Edited by lulu1960, Apr 12, 2012 @ 3:36 PM.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 12, 2012 @ 9:11 PM

Jason/Chris Eigeman is going to be in HBO's new show Girls. And his character's name is...Alastair! Wasn't planning to watch this show, but now I must.

Gitano

Gitano

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:40 PM

OMG!! I'm still a little freaked out! I've seen every episode of MASH about a million times, but only last night, after literally YEARS of watching the episode "Heal Thyself" did I realize that the guy playing Dr. Newsome (the replacement doctor who goes crazy) is played by a VERY young Edward Herrmann. I never put that together before and suddenly the realization just snapped into place. I think it was some inflection in his voice that was very Richard Gilmore-ish that did it. But I didn't get it for a long time I think because his voice seems much higher on the ep than I'm used to hearing and he is much thinner and younger, of course (the ep is from 1980).

Freaky and cool!

A couple of screen shots I found out and about here and here.

Edited by Gitano, Apr 13, 2012 @ 7:45 PM.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 16, 2012 @ 4:31 PM

Krysten Ritter will be on Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

Watched Digger on the new HBO show "Girls" - he only had one brief scene, and I'm not sure if he'll be back, although he is listed as part of the cast. Didn't care too much for the show - I am way past the whiny 20-year-old demographic, but the critics love it. YMMV.

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 12:21 AM

Vanessa Marano (April) will be on Thursday's episode of Grey's Anatomy.

chants

chants

Fanatic

Posted Apr 17, 2012 @ 1:01 AM

Marion Ross was on Up All Night (Christina Applegate's show) last week too.

Also, I'm catching up on Breaking Bad. Krysten Ritter has just shown up in the second season. I have a hard time not being annoyed by her. I'm sure she's a fine person, but I hated that whole 7th season storyline of Rory's new friends so much, it's hard not to let go of that.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 1:36 PM

Here's MMC in another wedding dress - this time for Mike and Molly. They also mentioned that

Melissa asked that Molly's gown..."be bought somewhere that Molly can afford. She can't afford a $17,000 Monique Lhuillier."

She was also the cover girl on this month's Ladies Home Journal - Here's the interview.

quietquilts

quietquilts

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 18, 2012 @ 2:15 PM

Also, I'm catching up on Breaking Bad. Krysten Ritter has just shown up in the second season. I have a hard time not being annoyed by her. I'm sure she's a fine person, but I hated that whole 7th season storyline of Rory's new friends so much, it's hard not to let go of that.

I liked Krysten's character on Breaking Bad a lot. That was the role that made me notice her as an actress. I didn't remember at first that she was on GG but other than that crying over Marty subplot, her role was pretty small. She was also on a show a couple years ago about suicidal people. I hope her new show lasts.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted Apr 24, 2012 @ 12:51 AM

Bootsy/Brian Tarantina played a slimy jailbird in yesterday's The Good Wife.

MaryM47

MaryM47

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

Christopher's baby-mama Sherry, aka Madchen Amick, will be doing two eps of Drop Dead Diva later this Summer. If you haven't seen that show, it is just delightful!

Rhodie

Rhodie

Video Archivist

Posted May 4, 2012 @ 9:03 PM

Kelly Bishop as Fanny Flowers.

lulu1960

lulu1960

Stalker

Posted May 5, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

While Kelly looks very un'Emily' like, bohemian even, it looks like they are trying to make a Lorelai 2.0 with Sutton, right down to the shorts and cowboy boots.

tahitigirl

tahitigirl

Couch Potato

Posted May 6, 2012 @ 5:41 PM

From that clip, she's got the same elitist attitude though!