Bump

Rob Estes ("Melrose Place") is the latest actor to join "Oahu."
The drama pilot is described as an "Upstairs, Downstairs" look at the
guests and staffers of a luxury Hawaiian hotel. Estes will play
Vincent Boyd, managing partner of said hotel. He joins the
previously cast Kristoffer Polaha, Rachel Shelley, Nikki Deloach and
Navi Rawat in the project, which comes from 20th Century Fox
Television.

Estes's most recent role was as Jess's estranged father in two episodes of Gilmore Girls. He also had a role in Silk Stalkings.

tasteier

tasteier

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 10:00 AM

Lane was on Crossing Jordan last night. She was some kinda personal assistant to the Head Medical Examiner. Not alot of screen time, but it looks like it could be a recurring role.

Edit: Doh! Lane not Lynn. Sorry, was half awake when I wrote that.

Edited by tasteier, Mar 20, 2004 @ 11:28 AM.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 1:28 PM

Oooo, season one of Crossing Jordan just started here a few weeks ago. Which season/ep will "Lane" (what's her name, again, Keiko, something?) be in?

Brahmsian

Brahmsian

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 2:35 PM

What's her name again, Keiko, something?

Keiko Agena.

[OT] I watched my first ever episode of Crossing Jordan last night mainly because it came on right after Wonderfalls. I *thought* the assistant looked familiar! :-)

It seems GG's writers aren't the only ones who need to brush up on their New England geography. At one point they had the Medical Examiner say he could get to Logan Airport in 10 minutes. Just after we'd seen his car passing through Kenmore Square! That might have been the loudest I laughed all night. [/OT]

tasteier

tasteier

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 3:02 PM

Kanel, the episode I first recognized her in was Season 3, epi 4 "Is that plutonium in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?"

Not sure if she was in epi 3 or not. I think I missed it.

Kanel

Kanel

Fanatic

Posted Mar 20, 2004 @ 5:15 PM

Shoot. Guess I have a long wait ahead of me. Well, it'll keep.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 2:31 PM

I hope everyone keeps an eye out for stressed-out Glen in a Burger King commercial, he smells a co-worker's wrapper.

healing fish

healing fish

Stalker

Posted Mar 21, 2004 @ 2:40 PM

Oh, God, that's Glen in the commercial? Poor Glen. I'm going to be forced to hate him now.

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Mar 22, 2004 @ 11:15 AM

Really? I don't like Burger King, and it doesn't make me want to eat there, but I love how his Gleness shines through.

I finally saw Under the Tuscan Sun and I was under the impression that Christopher aka David Sutcliffe was playing Frances's ex-husband but he isn't and is actually the man she ends up with at the end, although she meets him the last scenes and loved it and David's appearance.

Edited by Gracelessly, Mar 25, 2004 @ 10:34 AM.

aidanspencer

aidanspencer

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 2, 2004 @ 5:52 PM

Comedy Central played Strangers With Candy yesterday afternoon, and Gypsy was on as the combination Spanish and Driver's Ed. teacher in the episode where Jeri must learn how to read in order to try out for the cheerleading squad and overcome her "shameful illiteracy." That show was all kinds of brilliant. I miss it.

Edited by aidanspencer, Apr 2, 2004 @ 5:52 PM.

tvmaniac

tvmaniac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 3:20 PM

Is it wrong that I wish GG didn't pay Scott Patterson so well, so he'd take on more outside projects and I could see more of him? Yeah, I guess it is wrong. But I don't want to be right.

Summer InA Bowl

Summer InA Bowl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 3:25 PM

Is it wrong that I wish GG didn't pay Scott Patterson so well, so he'd take on more outside projects and I could see more of him? Yeah, I guess it is wrong. But I don't want to be right.

Actually, I remember reading an article about Scott once where he said he hadn't done any movies since he started Gilmore Girls because none of the scripts he'd gotten matched up to the quality of GG. That was a nice compliment.

Bosco

Bosco

Fanatic

Posted Apr 7, 2004 @ 7:46 PM

I'd love to see LG in some othe projects too!! And AB in some more movies! JP can just live in my bed so he won't be needing Hollywood anymore ....

tvmaniac

tvmaniac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 10:16 AM

That is quite a compliment! SummerIAB, would you happen to remember where you saw that interview? Or even a link? I've definitely not seen that article. Thanks!

Summer InA Bowl

Summer InA Bowl

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 11:57 AM

tvmaniac, the link is here. The quote about movies doesn't come until close to the end of the interview, though.

Brahmsian

Brahmsian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 11:58 AM

Has Lauren ever played someone who *didn't* talk a lot? Or who was genuinely foul-tempered? Someone who could never be mistaken for Lorelai personalitywise in other words? That's something I'd be interested in seeing.

I don't doubt that she could play such roles, BTW, just wondering if she's ever had the opportunity.

CineFille

CineFille

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 4:52 PM

Brahmsian, I remember LG in a Law and Order ep a few years back. It was a two-parter that had something to do with the movie industry. LG played a studio exec who sexed up--or at least tried to--Ben Bratt's character (like that was a tough gig!). I don't remember her being very (proto)Lorelai-ish in that role--it was a pretty straight dramatic part. In fact, I'd just seen her playing Richard's girlfriend on Caroline in the City (think Lorelai with ten times the ditziness and none of Lorelai's brains or charm) and was surprised that she was in such a non-goofy role.

Edited by CineFille, Apr 8, 2004 @ 4:53 PM.

pathwatch

pathwatch

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 7:15 PM

I saw One True Thing recently. LG was in it (don't blink, you'll miss her). She was the best friend, and it was a straight dramatic role - no ditziness, no mile-a-minute talking, but some brains and snarkiness. I liked the character, at least what you saw of her.

ardenadeams

ardenadeams

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 7:43 PM

Summer, that was a great interview. Thanks so much.

Quent

Quent

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 8:27 PM

And let's not forget LG as evil Kristy Sue in Dill Scallion -- all cold and conniving beneath a veneer of phony perkiness. Ah, good times . . .

Umlauts

Umlauts

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 8, 2004 @ 10:32 PM

From another board about Lauren Graham in the upcoming comedy Seeing Other People.

Alex Borstein says: Lauren has a "fun part as the lead's evil sister. She's great! The movie is really fun and definitely worth seeing." She plays Josh Charles' love interest.

The movie recently got a great early review from a comedy festival.

tvmaniac

tvmaniac

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 9, 2004 @ 12:28 PM

Excellent interview! Thanks SummerIAB!

Gracelessly

Gracelessly

Fanatic

Posted Apr 11, 2004 @ 2:14 PM

Alex Borstein says: Lauren has a "fun part as the lead's evil sister. She's great! The movie is really fun and definitely worth seeing." She plays Josh Charles' love interest.

Oh my goodness, I love Josh Charles. I can't wait to see them together. Maybe they'll become friends and she'll invite him to guest on the show, like she did with the guy who played Alex.

Editing to add another tidbit: Olivia Hack (Tanna) has appeared on an episode of Freaks and Geeks entitled "Looks and Book" where she played Erin a mathlete.

Edited by Gracelessly, Apr 14, 2004 @ 12:35 PM.

Brahmsian

Brahmsian

Fanatic

Posted Apr 18, 2004 @ 1:38 PM

Bump.

onetruething

onetruething

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 18, 2004 @ 5:04 PM

If anyone wants to see Lauren Graham in the trailer for her new movie called Seeing Other People, you can view it Here

She seems like a bitchier version of Angelica, the character Lauren played in Sweet November, if she would of had more lines.

Thanks for the bump Brahmsian

Edited by onetruething, Apr 18, 2004 @ 5:06 PM.

Sandman

Sandman

Stalker

Posted Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:31 AM

Dear Jared:

Many of us love you as CuteDean. A number were even sorry that the show starring you as YoungMagyver didn't work out. But, dude, seriously: no one needs a movie career so badly that he should hitch his wagon to the evil known on this plane of existence as the Olsen Twins. Gahh. A New York Minute is about as long as this horrorshow is going to last in theatres. Snap out of it, bubbe. Then fire your agent.

Love, The World

Edited by Sandman, Apr 21, 2004 @ 11:32 AM.

ksgyh

ksgyh

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 22, 2004 @ 1:16 AM

Alexis Bledel Tries on Traveling Pants
Source: The Hollywood Reporter Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Alexis Bledel (Gilmore Girls) has nabbed a starring role in Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, says The Hollywood Reporter. The Alcon Entertainment adaptation of the best-selling book will be directed by Ken Kwapis.

Written by Delia Ephron from the novel by Ann Brashares, the coming-of-age story revolves around four friends during the first summer they spend apart. They vow to keep in touch by circulating a magical pair of secondhand jeans that fits each of them perfectly.

Bledel will play Lena, who is going to Greece with her grandparents. Blake Lively will play Bridget, a soccer star, and America Ferrera will play Carmen, who is spending the summer with her disaffected family. Amber Tamblyn will play Tibby, who befriends Bailey, a terminally ill girl, to be played by Jenna Boyd.

raederle

raederle

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 22, 2004 @ 9:51 AM

Wow--Alexis and Amber. Now I'm probably going to have to see that movie.

smrou

smrou

Stalker

Posted Apr 22, 2004 @ 11:49 AM

Dammit. I'm excited about that movie for Amber, because she's awesome. But Alexis? Not so awesome. Not terrible, but certainly not great. Let's hope she can do this well.

Edited by smrou, Apr 22, 2004 @ 11:51 AM.

ardenadeams

ardenadeams

Posted Apr 22, 2004 @ 2:38 PM

I'd known that Amber had a part in this movie for some time; I believe she was the first cast. They must just have picked up Alexis.

My. Not a movie I'd ordinarily see, but I'll have to go now, I guess.

Amber will probably grab the lion's share of the attention and scenes; all those year on the soap opera circuit (while Alexis was modeling, not acting) do give her a definite leg up. But it should be good fun to see them both, anyway.