Today

• Please log in to reply

15798 replies to this topic

Luv2Soap

Luv2Soap

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 11:00 AM

Wow. Barbie Mom is the draggiest drag who ever dragged. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Just tired of the Today Show giving air time to these pathetic media whores.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 12:25 PM

I turned away from Barbie mom and her daughter who kept fiddling with her hair like she was some little glamour princess (she's not). I also wish I hadn't seen Brooklyn "Snot Bubbles" Decker. Ugh.

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 1:26 PM

I also wish I hadn't seen Brooklyn "Snot Bubbles" Decker. Ugh

I literally saw only one segment this morning and I was treated to this. Just when I thought the show was at the lowest level...

gazerguy

gazerguy

Couch Potato

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 5:55 PM

Had the same issue the other day. Flipping the channels, saw only part of 1 segment and was treated (not) to Guliana Rancic critiquing the Met gala fashion. Guess that tells us her reality show's on the NBC network somewhere. (Haven't ever seen it, won't watch it.) How about using some actual experts for that segment? Must everything include NBC cross-promotion? (Guess so.)

And one other thing - that was in the first hour. If they want to do fashion segments with bonafide experts, why not air them in the later, fluff hours?

JMHO.

Edited by gazerguy, May 9, 2012 @ 5:56 PM.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 10:54 AM

Just when I thought the show was at the lowest level...

They went lower this morning when they had Howard Stern on. Fricking lowlife misogynistic asshole.

captain1

captain1

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 1:01 PM

Today Show, meet shark......

BlueSapphires

BlueSapphires

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 5:15 PM

And I loved every minute of it. I kept wondering what Howard really thought of Wrong Way Curry. He only joked about like Al better fat... he didn't touch Ann (so to speak).

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 6:49 PM

Didn't see it but sounds as if Howard's silence WRT Ms. Curry said it all. JMHO.

Edited by diydude, May 10, 2012 @ 6:50 PM.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted May 10, 2012 @ 7:56 PM

He only joked about like Al better fat... he didn't touch Ann (so to speak).

He didn't say 'boo' to Ann- it was kind of weird.

nein

nein

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 1:21 PM

Wow. The woman who claimed she threw away the winning lottery ticket certainly didn't try to win any sympathy points today. She was about as mean and grumpy a guest as I've seen in some time.

Rear Window

Rear Window

Video Archivist

Posted May 11, 2012 @ 3:38 PM

Wow. The woman who claimed she threw away the winning lottery ticket certainly didn't try to win any sympathy points today. She was about as mean and grumpy a guest as I've seen in some time.

Yes, what a hearless sack of nastiness! I'm wondering how she knows that ticket was hers. I've scratched off tickets and thrown them away (pretty sure they were losers) and would never know if one of them was a winner. I hope she loses on appeal.

mona kane

mona kane

Couch Potato

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 7:06 AM

I'm home sick today and watching TTS. Matt and Ann are talking about the Cannes film festival and Matt says to Ann, "Isn't that where you wrestled Brad Pitt to the ground?" Ann was clearly embarassed and said "I was having a girl moment." I actually felt sorry for Ann. Matt was being a dick.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted May 14, 2012 @ 5:39 PM

Matt and Ann are talking about the Cannes film festival and Matt says to Ann, "Isn't that where you wrestled Brad Pitt to the ground?" Ann was clearly embarassed and said "I was having a girl moment." I actually felt sorry for Ann. Matt was being a dick.

Ann also said, 'I was an idiot.' Yes, Ann, you were.

IMO Matt treated Ann the same way he used to treat Katie & even moreso, Meredith. I think because he does it so rarely w/ Ann, as compared to the prior to hosts, it looks worse than it is meant. Frankly, I loved every moment.

angelingy

angelingy

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 8:57 AM

60K on trying to get your dog back? That's just plain crazy and dumb.

I thought the stylist that picked Jenna Bush Hagar's dress made a HUGE mistake.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:10 AM

Jenna's dress was not flattering on her at all. Shame on that so-called "stylist."

Speaking of not flattering: what was up with Savannah's short, mid-thigh skirt this morning? She doesn't have the best shaped legs imo, and she's kind of knock-kneed so that skirt didn't do her any favors. Plus, Fleet Week isn't for another week so there aren't any sailors around to (try to) tempt.

Edited by Ohwell, May 15, 2012 @ 10:11 AM.

nein

nein

Video Archivist

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 10:34 AM

It sounds crazy and dumb, but I have to admit that if my dog were still alive, I probably would do the same.

To me, this is a lesson that you really need to limit what you purchase with a boy/girlfriend. Breakups happen, no matter how in love you are, and you're going to fight over things you bought together without the protection of marital property, so can get even uglier than divorce proceedings. I think a pet is just about the worst thing an unmarried/non-engaged couple can buy together.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 15, 2012 @ 11:08 AM

What the hell was with the pants and socks that guy was wearing?? I was just listening, as I was getting ready, and the first glimpse of him was a close up...jacket and button up shirt...then they showed the long shot...holy hell...yellow pants and striped socks and some sort of green shoes or other? WTF?? It was like an acid trip gone bad.

MelsW

MelsW

Couch Potato

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

Good morning, on this Wednesday morning!

What a surprise, Kris Kardashian on the Today show! The Duggars must not have been available to tell us what they ate for breakfast this morning. I think the Today Show should just hand one of their umpteen hours over to either the Kardashians or the Duggars. They are both useless families, famous for no reason, and are already on this damn show what seems like every other week.

Oooh, or both families in the 4th hour of Today! Useless Famewhore Families: The Kardashians Meet the Duggars!

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted May 16, 2012 @ 10:05 AM

Well let's keep in mind that NBC's sister network is E!I agree that Today's show fascination with the Kardashians is unhealthy. They are not as popular as the media thinks they are in fact most people are tired of them in this day and age where real people work and do the best they can for themselves there are these talentless nothing to contribute rats. They spend more airtime talking about Kim's marriage to Kris Humprhies then talking about the Occupy Wall Street Movement.

OhioSongbird

OhioSongbird

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 2:35 PM

I don't tune into TTS much anymore. Charlie, Erica & Gayle on CBS get most of my attention (GMA for George, Robin and Josh) but caught the attempted interview Savannah tried to have with the Crocodile Dundee wannabee. Dude would not shut up and let her ask a complete question. I caught part of his interview on GMA earlier and he wasn't near as hyper. Too much coffee, perhaps?

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted May 18, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

Crocodile dude: I was wondering if maybe he wasn't hearing her on his end due to a sound glitch.

Sunfire

Sunfire

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 7:04 AM

Bummer...they just announced that Amy Robach is leaving. Why couldn't it be Jenna Wolfe? This is cruel

BadLilSister

BadLilSister

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 7:33 AM

the attempted interview Savannah tried to have with the Crocodile Dundee wannabee. Dude would not shut up and let her ask a complete question.

I saw this one too. I thought it was hilarious. Gave me a good laugh as I got ready for work. Savannah gave it a valiant effort, but it seemed as if once he got on a roll, he couldn't stop talking.

nein

nein

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 8:56 AM

Bummer...they just announced that Amy Robach is leaving. Why couldn't it be Jenna Wolfe? This is cruel

You never know, Jenna could make an announcement tomorrow :-/

I'll miss Amy. She had a great rapport with Lester, and seemingly everyone else on the Today crew.

BrutusBeefcake

BrutusBeefcake

Channel Surfer

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 9:15 AM

With Savannah Guthrie probably next in line to co-host and as much air time as Tamron Hall gets, Amy probably figured it was time to leave since promotion to the weekday show was unlikely.

wallybear

wallybear

Fanatic

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 10:22 AM

I just caught the last 10 minutes & saw the video for Amy leaving- did they say why? I really enjoy her. I can't believe we will be subjected to more Jenna Wolfe; I just can't tolerate that woman.

Free Lester!

bergh

bergh

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:29 AM

I don't think they said why Amy Robach was leaving. I'm really disappointed. I enjoyed watching her and Lester Holt on Saturday mornings while sipping on my cup of coffee.

Maybe her contract was up? I think she said that she has been co-host for 5 years. But I'm perplexed as to why NBC would let her go - she is really great at her job. There seems to be no hard feelings though, judging by the sweet sendoff they gave her and her words at the end of the show about how much she enjoyed her job.

I don't really watch weekdays anymore (can't stand Ann Curry), so I guess I'll be watching less of the Today Show now, although I do enjoy Lester.

ETA: I googled and found this report that Amy is going to ABC News.

Edited by bergh, May 19, 2012 @ 11:31 AM.

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 9:39 PM

Sad to see Amy go she had a great chemistry with Lester. You can tell thoses enjoy each other's company I hope Jenna does not become the Saturday anchor because she does not have enough grace to do the show for two hours without talking about herself or putting herself in any situation no matter what it is and she is that type of anchor where you either love or you dislike her. Jenna is good to do those jockey and fun stories but not for hard news which Amy and Lester do for that first hour. She is also very picky when they do food segments I understand that Jenna prides herself on being super fitness woman and wants to keep her figure but that can turn off viewers if you don't eat the cook's food or what they bring.If anyone can replace her I would be great to see Tamron she has a personality for Saturday mornings but she has that MSNBC show. I think they might scout for a local affiliate anchor woman to co-host with Lester.

Miss Amy and hope she will be happy in her new position on ABC News.

Sunfire

Sunfire

Video Archivist

Posted May 19, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

Just read she's going to ABC, not sure what she'll be doing.

OSM Mom

OSM Mom

Fanatic

Posted May 21, 2012 @ 11:58 AM

And once again, they had Kate Gosselin on...and once again, the question is, why?? Were the Duggars busy??