Today

• Please log in to reply

15801 replies to this topic

SheliaShay

SheliaShay

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

No question that Ann must go and the sooner the better. I like Savannah but don't think she has the sparkling personality need for the job either. Frankly, I've also come to dislike Matt since Ann took over. I don't know exactly how to put this, but he apparently needs a strong, witty personality to react to. I don't find him interesting on his own. In fact, he seems quite grumpy and bland these days.

Edited by SheliaShay, Mar 28, 2012 @ 4:54 PM.

mtngirl50

mtngirl50

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 6:37 PM

I do tend to think that Christie Brinkley is a bit off her rocker, but here's why I don't think she's at fault here- she's been married and divorced how many times, yet this Peter Cook guy is the only ex-husband who seems to have real, continuing contentions with her. In fact, she seems to have a very good relationship with Billy Joel. Cook really just seems to me to be a major (insert derogatory term). And it is true what she said in the middle of her rambling interview-- she didn't really seem to seek publicity for this. The media picked up on it after she filed the complaint in court, and then I think Cook issued some public statements, and it's snowballed from there.

Her third husband (the biological father of her son) doesn't have a good relationship with her. In fact, I believe she paid him to stay out of their lives right before she wed hubby #4, Peter Cook. The guy is a loser, but you know what, I don't feel very sorry for her either. It can't always be the fault of whatever husband she is divorced from, and she can't always be the blameless one.

I noticed that when she was "crying" it appeared no tears were falling.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:16 PM

Brinkley knew d-well the media would pick up the story as soon as she filed so that's not an excuse, IMHO. Haven't seen any of the interviews (thankfully) but heard somewhere (unfortunately) that her child support complaint occurred b/c he cared for the children and mistakenly withheld support during the period while she was away acting (lol). He claims to have made good on it. If that's all it was, why not settle the issue quietly by consulting w/counsel? Oops, no publicity for your next show that way -

Couldn't help but think about the unfortunate situation with Alexa when someone mentioned Billy Joel, above. Granted, I don't remember how old Alexa was at that time (last year?) but I can't help but wonder if her mother's been physically and more importantly, emotionally available to her -

WRT Savannah's possible advancement, she needs more seasoning, IMHO. Didn't Today learn that lesson with - who was it - Deborah Norville? (before my time, lol) Haven't they looked for name people since then (ala Meredith) with the possible exception of Matt? Wasn't Matt also the news reader? For how long? Seems unbelievable that Ann didn't know what she was getting into given the numerous times she filled in for both Katie and Meredith. She dripped all over Matt (IMHO) but I thought he lapped it up. Well, it's different when you're stuck with that person day in and day out and you believe they're dragging your baby down.

ITA, we have far more pressing issues that Today could be covering, if they weren't spending all their time on this dribble. Somebody's watching it. Glad that I can honestly state - it's not me. (Ditto for the rest of the daily info-tainment schlock.) I personally try to avoid all this crap but it's impossible unless you crawl under a rock on a daily basis.

As usual, JMHO.

Edited by diydude, Mar 28, 2012 @ 7:33 PM.

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:36 PM

@MsLawDawg---I am a fan of Lester Holt and even though he tends to play secondary base to Matt Lauer and Brian Williams I would still put him in that category of top newsman. I can understand why people backstage value Matt's word and opinions but as a viewer Matt comes across as being to smug or sour sometimes.I think NBC knows Lester's worth for that company and they don't really know what to do with him because Brian and Matt have been there because of their seniority status. Lester is a breath of fresh air because he is an old school newsman who reports the news and has that aura about him that you can trust him. This is very rare in today's news journalists whether cable or network because everyone has their own agenda or they even have attitude problems. I don't know the kind of man Lester is outside the newsroom but he is the consumate professional when he is there. I think a lot of people would like to see Lester be the offical host of Today when Matt was going through his contract dispute viewers put Lester as the one to take over. The thing about Lester as well is that he has the full package where he can do hard news, soft news, reporting from disaster areas and still keep a cool head.

Let's keep in mind that having a female anchor is important and imperative because most of the viewers that watch Today show are women. Most of the segments are catered towards their female viewers so they have to be smart. I would not seem realistic having Lester talk about women's makeup.

I think another reason too is that if Lester were the break away from NBC a lot of news networks would snatch him in a heartbeat. I can see Lester replacing Charlie Rose on CBS This Morning or him anchoring the evening news on ABC. NBC gives Lester all these projects to keep him off the market and from being disenfranchised with the company.

nein

nein

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 8:42 PM

Brinkley knew d-well the media would pick up the story as soon as she filed so that's not an excuse, IMHO. Haven't seen any of the interviews (thankfully) but heard somewhere (unfortunately) that her child support complaint occurred b/c he cared for the children and mistakenly withheld support during the period while she was away acting (lol). He claims to have made good on it. If that's all it was, why not settle the issue quietly by consulting w/counsel? Oops, no publicity for your next show that way -

You can't just not file legal documents because you're afraid of publicity. That takes away too much clout. As someone in the legal field who has seen plenty of custody disputes, especially involving non-payment of support, it's a 50/50 proposition as to whether proposing settlement works or not. If he did indeed make good on the payments, then it will play out that way in the courts and Brinkley will look like an even bigger fool than she's been.

Couldn't help but think about the unfortunate situation with Alexa when someone mentioned Billy Joel, above. Granted, I don't remember how old Alexa was at that time (last year?) but I can't help but wonder if her mother's been physically and more importantly, emotionally available to her -

Alexa Ray was 23 or 24 when she overdosed. My understanding is that Alexa Ray is still very close to her mom (I follow her because I'm a huge fan of Billy Joel, and Alexa isn't a bad musician herself). Alexa was 23 or 24 when she overdosed. I recall reading a story where Alexa Ray had a nose job, and Brinkley tried to dissuade her from it by saying she wished she looked like her daughter.

Her third husband (the biological father of her son) doesn't have a good relationship with her. In fact, I believe she paid him to stay out of their lives right before she wed hubby #4, Peter Cook. The guy is a loser, but you know what, I don't feel very sorry for her either. It can't always be the fault of whatever husband she is divorced from, and she can't always be the blameless one.

Oh, I agree that she seems to be a not-so-ideal wife and she's a big attention-seeker, but I think she deserves a fair shake, too. I don't know much about her 3rd husband, other than that they seemed to have a rather careless fling after that helicopter crash. I didn't know about the payment and can't really find anything on Google, other than that he apparently owed her a lot of money. Still, you never hear anything about that husband, only Peter Cook, which leads me to think that marriage #4 was just about the worst combination of personalities you could think of.

@MsLawDawg---I am a fan of Lester Holt and even though he tends to play secondary base to Matt Lauer and Brian Williams I would still put him in that category of top newsman. I can understand why people backstage value Matt's word and opinions but as a viewer Matt comes across as being to smug or sour sometimes.I think NBC knows Lester's worth for that company and they don't really know what to do with him because Brian and Matt have been there because of their seniority status. Lester is a breath of fresh air because he is an old school newsman who reports the news and has that aura about him that you can trust him. This is very rare in today's news journalists whether cable or network because everyone has their own agenda or they even have attitude problems. I don't know the kind of man Lester is outside the newsroom but he is the consumate professional when he is there. I think a lot of people would like to see Lester be the offical host of Today when Matt was going through his contract dispute viewers put Lester as the one to take over. The thing about Lester as well is that he has the full package where he can do hard news, soft news, reporting from disaster areas and still keep a cool head.

All true, and everything you hear seems to indicate he's as top-notch off-camera as he is on-camera. I'm just not convinced he'd want the everyday job. It's brutal hours, and at his age, I'm just not sure he'd think that's ideal for him, hard-working though he is. He knows he's high profile already, so he may not think that replacing Matt is much of a step up. Believe it or not, he probably actually has more flexibility now than if he took the fulltime Today gig. I think the only thing he would consider taking outside of his current role is taking over Brian Williams' job.

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 28, 2012 @ 9:28 PM

Ann has been there a long time but that is possibly the reason why certain people can handle certain forms of news.I heard Ann say in an interview that she is upset because the Today show has gotten too soft it has become more about sugar and less on vegetables and protein.

This does not exucse her from flubbing or messing up every word she says.

If I were to pick a woman to take over Savannah Gunthrie seems like a nice person and likeable. She is possible but I think they should bring back an old Today show anchor Campbell Brown.

She was well liked and she has a good hard news background she can handle fluff stories really well. Seems like a classy lady as well.

@nein--True, I think Lester said in an interview that he likes his hours and projects because he can exercise all his "newsmuscles". He can do whatever he wants instead of just being an anchorman and sometimes he does documentaries if I were a journalists I would consider that a dream job too. Matt and Brian are limited because of their roles of their prosepctive shows.

Lester is just designed for Evening News he is convincing and he has a commanding voice that will get your attention.

I am going to play devil's advocate here but does anyone also think that maybe the reason why GMA is catching up to Today Show is not just Ann Curry but also Matt Lauer and the 4th hour of Today Show.

Matt Lauer can also turn a lot of viewers off too because of his attitude or because of the problems going on within the office. Does anyone notice the way he looks at Ann especially when they are outside that is not good for morning tv. Viewers can be turned off just the backstage rumours or news along look at Matt and his 30 million contract deal. In this economy where rich prevails and the middle class is suffering asking that sum of money can turn a lot of people off.

In the 4th hour we have Hoda and Kathie Lee which has become another version of The View. Kathie Lee comes off as being very arrogant and classless and Hoda is just the follower. Two ladies getting drunk at 10 in the moning, I mean come on now.

To tell you the truth it is more refreshing watching the weekend edition of Today with Amy and Lester and even sometimes the 3rd hour of Today.

Saturdays Weekend Today is refreshing because Amy and Lester are people who don't seem to have ego problems, seem to like each other, serious with their news stories, likeable people.

Sundays "Jenna is irritating" but we only get her for about an hour. I sometimes respect her jock like attitude but she delivers the news terible soemtimes. She does not talk to you she is screaming at you and sometimes she comes across as self centered. She sometimes put Lester under the bus which is a turn off sometimes because you just don't want to see a classy person be mocked or disresepcted.

TryingHarder

TryingHarder

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:44 AM

Brinkley knew d-well the media would pick up the story as soon as she filed so that's not an excuse, IMHO

I'm assuming her PR people alerted the media.

I love Lester !

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:14 AM

I want Natalie Morales or Amy Robach. Seriously can Lester and Amy take the Monday-Friday spot? Matt is a balding grump old man. I cant stand him. He's so unlikeable. I watch Good Morning America now and tune in to TODAY on Saturday for my favorite team of Amy & Lester!!!

TrippingJ

TrippingJ

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:49 AM

I am going to play devil's advocate here but does anyone also think that maybe the reason why GMA is catching up to Today Show is not just Ann Curry but also Matt Lauer and the 4th hour of Today Show.

The Today's been going downhill for quite sometime, far before Ann Curry became the anchor. It's pretty pathetic when the Today Show rolls out a "Special Edition" whenever they bother to cover something newsworthy. Otherwise any segment after 7:10 AM is just mindless drivel. The fourth hour of Today is just bad tv

Matt increasingly become who is really not even that great of an interviewer. Personally, I'd rather have Lester Holt hosting over Matt any day.

I know I'm fully in the minority but I actually like Ann Curry and didn't find her as irritating as others here. Yes, she's totally out of her element here and is just too spastic for early AM tv but I do find that she shines during her special assignments. Moreover, Ann was no worse than Meredith Viera and her obnoxious and inappropriate comments or even worse, Katie Couric. Frankly, if NBC does make a foreign correspondent I think that would actually be a step up for Ann. Ann would be reporting about newsworthy events and interviewing world leaders while Matt would still be interviewing girls who hiccup too much, celebrity news or the next missing white woman.

Edited by TrippingJ, Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:49 AM.

diydude

diydude

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

nein, nobody suggested a damaged parent shouldn't utilize the legal system, if it's necessary to collect any child support they're legally entitled to. (That's what we in the biz call assuming facts not in evidence, BTW.) Most parents, at this stage after a divorce, would quickly and quietly take care of matters between counsel. Haven't heard of any reason for a compromised settlement. The resolution would be that he pays up, including any applicable interest and penalties, period.

Yes, she may look foolish, if she's filed a frivolous action, but the show promotion and publicity has been invaluable, IMHO. Incidentally, I'm quite sure, along with the rest of the board, that CB is definitely not afraid of publicity. No need to compensate pr staff when court watchers will immediately get the information out on the wire, TryingHarder.

Have to agree that I'm surprised Lester hasn't moved on, like many others. Yes, he must enjoy the unusual schedule. They'll want another female. Agree with you about the 4th hour, PhoenixStorm but I suspect they measure that hour against its particular demographic so it doesn't factor into the decision-making process for the main program or mothership, if you will. Have to doubt that 1st hour viewers would dump Today b/c of H & KLG. One thing, Hoda might kick herself if Natalie/Savannah move up here. Besides that, if Matt hauls in $30M, a few others may renegotiate their contracts, too. Just thinking, they couldn't be so lucky as to have KLG move on. (What's new with the 4th hr ratings?)

Tough to guess what's causing the viewership drain. Probably a combination of factors, if a comprehensive study was completed. The contract definitely might turn off a few more and ITA that Matt's been acting like a grumpy old man - but that's only from what I've seen/heard in passing. Good point, SheliaShay, that he may need someone to play off of - does he still do the silly routine w/Al? (Never could stand that.) Given my lack of time and the vapidness of the program, I found myself ff'ing through all of it back when the dvr was picking it up.

JMHO, YMMV.

Edited by diydude, Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:09 PM.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:19 PM

I'm surprised Lester hasn't been snatched up by another network. He must have a huge favorable rating with the NBC audience. From what I can see, everyone adores him. It's too bad he has gone as far as he can at NBC, unless Matt or Brian leave for some reason.

As for Ann's replacement, it seems a lot of people snark about Hoda, but when she's in full journalist mode she can be pretty good (assuming TTS needs a journalist to discuss the latest White Girl in Peril story). Certainly she is more credible than Ann. And I can see her and Matt needling each other as he did with Meredith.

Guest24

Guest24

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 12:45 PM

I think part of the reason why the today show has dropped in ratings is b/c they are redundant. Its the same story over and over again. One day they'll do an interview via satellite and the next day, they'll have these same people come in to the studio to do a oneon one saying the same thing they said the day before via sat. For example, the girls in upstate Ny with the ticks. They covered that story death. I mean, i was starting to get ticks and spasms... Then the "special interviews"....they drag it on for days. For example, Lindsey Lohan part 1,2,3 and behind the scenes. I mean, c'mon.... Matt has been looking grumpier lately. Is it me or did anyone else notice a little tension between Natalie M and Savannah.... Mostly comming from Natalie?

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

Frankly, I don't think anybody at Today is happy; they all seem to be grumpy with each other. Even Al gets snippy sometimes and he never used to. I agree that it's not just about Ann, as bad as she is, there's something else going on. Maybe a MAJOR overhaul is needed?

MsLawDawg

MsLawDawg

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:11 PM

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who has noticed a change in Matt, who has never really bowled me over anyway. I think his own publicity has gone to his head, which is not good, if "Today" wants to remain competitive with the abundance of other news sources. I think the fact that Matt has in the past gotten the VIP interviews and the odd moments here and there (such as Tom Cruise's rant against anti-depressants and psychiatry in general) means he can command the large salary and lengthy contract negotiations. That does not play well these days, as Phoenixstorm stated. I would love to see Lester take over Matt's position, Ann on special assignment with another female to replace her spot and not necessarily within the "Today" inner sanctum. Al can stay and if Natalie could improve her role as news-reader, she could stay.

As far as the focus on the stupid or entertainment news (Balloon boy, Hiccup girl and her subsequent life of crime, Pretty Blonde White Young Girl goes missing, etc.), I don't enjoy it, particularly when it goes on and on and on, like Guest 24 stated. Unfortunately, I remember all too well when Anna Nicole Smith died and the endless time devoted to that and the fallout. When the time came for her funeral, "Today"'s camera crew zoomed in on her casket being loaded on the airplane like it was a former U.S. President that had died and then they lingered for several minutes. To me, that summed up "Today"'s circling the drain.

Again, there are so many choices for morning news and I suspect that many of "Today"'s viewers are watching out of habit, like me, but that will continue only so long with an interview of Christie Brinkley being mentioned and her shown posing in the 7 a.m. block, a grouchy Matt, bumbling Ann, snippy Al and jealous Natalie. I agree that a major overhaul is needed. At least I am happy to read that Lester likes his odd schedule.

LADreamr

LADreamr

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:19 PM

There may be a lot of channels with news in the morning, but none of them are good, anymore. They've all gone the vapid way of Today. Even CNN is stupid, now. It's depressing. These days, I watch the headlines, then go to my DVR for what I may have missed the night before. I so wish we could get back to smart shows.

gazerguy

gazerguy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 3:43 PM

Matt's definitely been different. Can't help but wonder if it's the apparent trouble at home. Feels as if he needs the daily gig to get away. Well, we know for certain he's staying so Lester isn't advancing. Doesn't surprise me to hear that Natalie's getting testy - promoting Savannah would leave her in the dust. IMHO, Hoda stepped off the news track when she joined Ms. KLG. Don't see that changing in the near future.

To me, the real question is what prominent female newscaster would be available and work well as a sidekick for Matt? Can't see any previous Today staffers coming back - that just doesn't work, IMHO. That leaves out Katie and Campbell. We know The View has nobody to contribute at this time. The other morning programs - no for CBS, Robin Roberts at ABC - don't see her leaving. Next, anybody available in cable news divisions? And Syndication? MSNBC? No. CNN? Erin Burnett needs more seasoning, IMHO. Not sure she'd return to NBC, in any event. (Don't see them taking any of the retreads, i.e. anyone who previously left the network.) This may take awhile, lol.

Edited by gazerguy, Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:19 PM.

Ohwell

Ohwell

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 4:34 PM

Maybe Tamron Hall?

gazerguy

gazerguy

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 5:18 PM

JMHO but I don't believe anyone at MSNBC works - or any of the current Ann fill-ins. They all need more seasoning and aren't stars. They want another Meredith.

RudyRayMoore

RudyRayMoore

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 7:36 PM

I think NBC knows Lester's worth for that company and they don't really know what to do with him.

I don't see how NBC "doesn't know what to do" with Lester. He's the NBC News Weekend Anchor, the co-host of Weekend Today, the host of Dateline, and Brian Williams' designated fill-in during the week. He's even been on 30 Rock. How much more could NBC use him?

Matt is a balding grump old man. I cant stand him. He's so unlikeable.

Except for the balding part, I couldn't disagree more. IMO, Matt is the best interviewer on NBC News; he's measured and professional, not fawning and obsequious like Ann. His heart comes through on tough interviews without holding an interviewee's hand or stroking their knee. He was criticized for "grilling" Christie Brinkley, but CB is a nearly 60-year-old grown woman who chose to discuss her bad divorce on national TV. I just feel Matt gets a bad rap for treating others like adults and not grinning all the time. He's the only reason I watch Today.

As for possible replacements for Ann: I've always liked Erin Burnett. Maybe Alex Witt on MSNBC? Savannah is okay in small doses but I don't think I could take her juvenile voice all the time.

Guest24

Guest24

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 8:25 PM

I think, like someone said, they need a complete overhaul of the show. I like Tamoron Hall. I like Vinita Nair from ABC World News. I think Diane Sawyer is good as well. I think Lester Holt is an excellent choice to replace Matt or even Chris Cuomo... Imo, none of the people i mentioned are perfect matches but i think they will be a step up from grumpy matt, and fumbling Ann. I mean really, she's a jounalist so she had to prove that she can read at some point before graduating college. So then, how is she messing up every other word on the telepromter. She wasnt there today. She was on "special assignment".... Aka.. "Take the day off Ann. We want to see how well Savannah does as your replacement."

hoosier

hoosier

Stalker

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 9:43 PM

If Jane Pauley would consider it, she'd be bang-up right beside Matt. But I doubt she wants that commitment at this stage in her life.

Maire

Maire

Fanatic

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:16 PM

30 Rock nailed the problem with the Today show. When Matt Lauer appeared in a cameo last week, Alec as Jack Donaghy, asked something like, "What are you working on Matt, how to have a staycation with your cyberbully?"

Perfect description of this drivel.

Phoenixstorm

Phoenixstorm

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 29, 2012 @ 11:52 PM

I think another reason too is that Today Show is too consumed by too many advertisements. Watch Today Show straight through and it gets frustrating of all these commericals. I also think that stories tend to get too recycled and another problem is that the guests are often rushed on the show which is a turn off sometimes especially for the cooks. Little things like this can add up to the equation of the problems.

There is no chemistry with the anchors on the weekdays I was watching the Weekend edition of Today during new years with Amy, Lester and Jenna and there was a sense of harmony.

@Haleth ---I am pretty sure a lot of networks want to snatch Lester which is why NBC gives him all this work to keep him off the market. Lester is a seasoned veteran and is practically the same age as Matt but to me I see these two so differently in terms of their mentalities. I see Lester more as the future and Matt as the past. His contract disputes really brought out his inner elitism. If Lester were to be given that spot I don't envision any primadonna moments or snobery or sourpuss face. Lester seems so old school where he cares about what the viewers think and not about getting off on his ego.

Sunnyheart

Sunnyheart

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 5:03 AM

IMO, Matt is the best interviewer on NBC News; he's measured and professional, not fawning and obsequious like Ann.

I'm not a huge Matt Lauer fan, but I agree that he keeps very cool during difficult interviews. He handled that infamous Tom Cruise interview much better than most.

30 Rock nailed the problem with the Today show. When Matt Lauer appeared in a cameo last week, Alec as Jack Donaghy, asked something like, "What are you working on Matt, how to have a staycation with your cyberbully?"

That was hilarious. It's true and I love that Matt was able to poke fun of the show like that.

I also agree that the problem is not just Ann - the show needs to be more about news and serious topics. And once they cover a subject - they need to move on, not beat it to death. I happened to tune into the CBS Morning News and I was really impressed with the amount of news coverage and commentary they did. It was so completely different from Today.

Hildegard802

Hildegard802

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 7:46 AM

Guess Ann didn't take her happy pills today. Unwashed, uncombed hair, sloppy, wrinkled-button front shirt. Made me depressed just looking at her. And then of course, she grabbed someone's hand.

Maybe she was making a statement.

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 8:04 AM

What...Ann is there today. Cant wait to go home and watch on my iPad. The tension has got to be thick like pea soup.
Heard Katie will be co-hosting GMA next week. YEAH!!!

Guest24

Guest24

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 9:55 AM

Yes! Ann was there today... MAtt was not and so was Natalie. Hoda replaced Matt and Savannah replaced Natalie. And there wasn't any chemistry between Ann and Hoda. Hoda did not look happy co anchoring with ann. Ann kept interupting Hoda...i tuned in around 7:45. It seemed like Hoda just wanted to hightail it out of there asap. I felt bad for Hoda woman! Ann does this thing with whoever is speaking next to her. She turns her neck like 180 degrees and peers at them. Its very creepy.

vmc88

vmc88

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:03 PM

Does this mean that Matt & Ann will not co-host together anymore? Cause I'm dying to tune in to see the on-air death ray glares of those 2 in the studio together again. Even better....the upcoming farewell fakeness. Cant wait to hear what her co-hosts say and how they say it. How will the show dress this up? Ann Curry is going on "Special Assignment" again.

Guest24

Guest24

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 12:09 PM

No, this change-up was just for today, I guess.

Haleth

Haleth

Fanatic

Posted Mar 30, 2012 @ 2:26 PM

But they are rarely in the studio together.

I'll be interested to hear how Katie affects the TS ratings since GMA is creeping steadily up. I know I'll give her a looksy.