Justice League

• Please log in to reply

4551 replies to this topic

lavar78hotmail

lavar78hotmail

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:18 PM

Look at Fox's Avengers series...no Iron Man, no Thor, no Captain America, no hope.

That show had no hope primarily because it sucked. Besides, Hank Pym (in any costume) is cooler than Iron Man will ever be.

Of course, I knew what you meant. I agree.

ETA good point, JHeaton. I was trying to think of an example, but I couldn't.

Edited by lavar78hotmail, Dec 31, 2003 @ 9:14 PM.

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Dec 31, 2003 @ 8:25 PM

Well, you know, Static wasn't exactly the best known character in the industry, and yet Static Shock is going into its fourth season. I think any character or group of characters can be made to work, given the right script.

dconner

dconner

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:04 PM

My biggest fear in a LSH animated show is that they'd have it emulate the ghastly (to my grown-up, never-quite-got-anime eyes) new Teen Titans show.

DiePhoebeDie

DiePhoebeDie

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 12:27 PM

I've watched Teen Titans a couple of times (because it airs before JL) and I only like the girl titan who sulks a lot.

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 1, 2004 @ 9:28 PM

I only like the title sequence. Much better than that of Justice League. (See? On topic!)

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 10:27 PM

Comics Continuum has more Justice League casting info: here, here, here, and here.

Seyi

Seyi

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 12:46 AM

Hello, people. As one who is fairly new to the DC Universe (i'm Marvel all the way- Fantastic Four forever!!) can anyone give me a bit of a backstory on Luthor and Savage? On the animated show, they are definetely two of the coolest villians but I know so little about them. Are they in the comics too? And what's up with Lex and Lois? *shrugs* Please help the rookie!

rayray

rayray

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 9:47 AM

Okay Seyi, I'll give it a shot.

Lex Luthor is known primarily as Superman's greatest foe. He was
a billionaire who staged a terrorist act to draw out Superman. Supes
then arrested him, which caused Lex to dedicated his life to destroying
the Man of Steel. Recently, Lex became President of the US.

As for the Lex & Lois relationship, they actually dated in the comics.
Lois then found out that he is a villian. I think there is still some attraction
to each other.

Vandal Savage was a Cro-Magnon caveman who gained heightened intellegence and immortality when a metor crashed near his home. I think
he is primarily known as a JLA & JSA villian.

Apologies if any of this is incorrect.

BUD'nLOU

BUD'nLOU

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:32 AM

According to this, Dakota Fanning is providing the voice of an unspecified character next season in an episode focusing on Wonder Woman. I don't know if it will be Wonder Girl, because I'm pretty sure I read that she'd be on the next season of Teen Titans, and they probably wouldn't want to include the two characters in seperate continuities. I could be mistaken about this though, of course. My first guess was that she would play Devastation, even though she's not a very well-known character. But I think Ares created her, and it's been confirmed that he'll be appearing this season as well, and I'm guessing that the episode he appears in and the one with Dakota (which was also described as a Wonder Woman spotlight) will be the same one. Speculation is fun. :0)

public defender

public defender

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 5:17 PM

Still more casting news from Comics Continuum. Scroll down to the 4th story.

Riss

Riss

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 7:05 PM

Is Aquaman returning next season?

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 9:17 PM

If you keep going past that story there's mention of a possible Krypto series. Is this some new superhero I'm not aware of, or are they, yikes, talking about Superman's dog?

lboogy

lboogy

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 10:24 PM

I wondered how much of this is going to see the light. Like someone said last year we had news abour characters appearing and then nada! Before you say a "certain celebrity" has signed on, I suggest be caution of such news. Until we get an official word from the Timm or some of the writers themselves, most is still speculation.

I think too much news can be a bad thing. Why are all this stuff coming out so fast?

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 11:56 PM

If you keep going past that story there's mention of a possible Krypto series. Is this some new superhero I'm not aware of, or are they, yikes, talking about Superman's dog?

Is it too much to hope that this is the long-awaited and eagerly-anticipated return of the legendary Space Canine Patrol Agents?

jolly_roger

jolly_roger

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 12:14 AM

Or failing that, the Legion of Super Pets.

BUD'nLOU

BUD'nLOU

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:27 AM

I think too much news can be a bad thing. Why are all this stuff coming out so fast?

Actually, I'm thinking that Comics Continuum learned about all the casting information at one time, but are just releasing news about one character/actor a day as individual items, so they can stretch it out for as long as possible and fill their daily story quota.

Edited by BUD'nLOU, Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:28 AM.

lboogy

lboogy

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:53 AM

Actually, I'm thinking that Comics Continuum learned about all the casting information at one time, but are just releasing news about one character/actor a day as individual items, so they can stretch it out for as long as possible and fill their daily story quota.

Never thought of that, BUD'nLOU! You're probably right.

DoctorNeon

DoctorNeon

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 10:56 AM

IIRC, there was "Streaky" the Super-cat, and a monkey, as well. I would like to see them, even if only for a joke episode.

SKJAM

SKJAM

Video Archivist

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 11:22 AM

Yep, Streaky the Super-Cat, which got its powers from X-Kryptonite; Beppo the Super-Monkey (an experimental animal launched by Jor-El before Krypto); Comet the Super-Horse (actually a centaur under a curse--*long* story) and Proty the Protean (shapeshifter alien.) They, along with Krypto the Super-Dog, formed the Legion of Super-Pets.

dconner

dconner

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 6:07 PM

Is it too much to hope that this is the long-awaited and eagerly-anticipated return of the legendary Space Canine Patrol Agents?

"Big dog, Big dog! Bow, wow, wow! We'll stop evil, now, now, now!"

Edited by dconner, Jan 11, 2004 @ 6:07 PM.

Vermicious Knid

Vermicious Knid

Stalker

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 10:26 PM

The Legion of Super Pets. Ye gods. Sometimes wiping out continuity is a good thing.

myriadphalanx

myriadphalanx

Fanatic

Posted Jan 11, 2004 @ 11:36 PM

Ok, just saw a repeat of that episode where Amazo makes his first appearance and I noticed something odd. Did anyone else notice when the cops were fighting Amazo, one cop actually jumps from the ground onto Amazo's back? That's a ten-foot jump! Talk about latent superpowers.

roosterboy

roosterboy

Fanatic

Posted Jan 12, 2004 @ 12:16 PM

Hey Vermicious, them's fightin' words! The Super-Pets rock!

I keep hoping DC Direct will bring out figures of Beppo, Comet and Proty to go along with the Krypto and Streaky that came with the Superboy and Supergirl two-pack. That would almost make up for the crappy Mon-El and Brainy figures.

Topic? I finally saw part 1 of "Hearts and Minds" Saturday night. I never much cared for Despero but that was a pretty good ep. And any episode with Kilowog is cool in my book. I just wish the next time they show the GL Corps they include my favorite GLs: Flodo Span and Mogo!

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:43 AM

Flodo Span is good, but he's no Dkrtzy RRR.

skyegazer

skyegazer

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 11:48 AM

Question. When the heck did the Oliver Queen's episode air?
I've read about him showing up even before the show aired in canada and I don't recall missing an episode. So, what's up with that?

JHeaton

JHeaton

Stalker

Posted Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:18 PM

I don't believe Oliver Queen has ever appeared on Justice League, though the King of Kasnia (from "Maid of Honor") was wearing his beard.

Edited by JHeaton, Jan 13, 2004 @ 12:19 PM.

Schroeder

Schroeder

Stalker

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 10:07 PM

So, are there any new episodes to air? The last I saw was the Royal Flush gang and the Joker's bombs in December. I missed the holiday episode.

Nflux Forever

Nflux Forever

Fanatic

Posted Jan 18, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

The 3rd season is due to start in a few, supposedly with the Atom
and Green Arrow joining their ranks.

Edited by Nflux Forever, Jan 18, 2004 @ 11:42 PM.

Mr. Excitement

Mr. Excitement

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 2:47 PM

Also, there's one season two episode that hasn't been aired, the epic three-parter "Starcrossed", which deals with Hawkworld invading Earth. Rumors suggest that Cartoon Network will be airing it sometime in February.

public defender

public defender

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 4:40 PM

From Comics Continuum:

Sources have confirmed for The Continuum that plans are for the third season of Cartoon Network's Justice League animated series to be called Justice League Unlimited. The season opener will likely be titled "Initiation."

Tagged just in case.