Atlanta

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

84 replies to this topic

Kulfi

Kulfi

Couch Potato

Posted May 3, 2006 @ 10:48 PM

good topic! i'm about Veronica Mars, Alias, Rome, House, 24, Prison Break, House, The West Wing, some Gilmore Girls and a little Desperate Housewives.

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 7:37 AM

What do people think about lunch on the last weekend of May, on either the 27th or 28th? There are a ton of restaurants around Perimeter Mall in varying price ranges.

SHOgirl

SHOgirl

Loyal Viewer

Posted May 4, 2006 @ 11:08 AM

I watch Survivor and Amazing Race and the occasional nanny show. Given my addiction to this site, it's funny that we don't watch too much tv in my household. But I read about a lot of shows. I find the recaps more entertaining than the actual shows.

Has anyone ever been to Cafe Alsace in Decatur? They have wonderful Alsatian food and a great atmosphere. Unfortunately for those of us who smoke, because it's in Decatur, it is a no-smoking place.

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 11:43 AM

I can't say I have.

So we've got some proposals:

- Someplace downtown/midtown/buckhead
- Someplace in Decatur
- Someplace in the Perimeter area

How do people feel about the last Sat in May?

eblairj

eblairj

Couch Potato

Posted May 5, 2006 @ 3:58 PM

I am down with somewhere in Decatur. The reason I asked about the smoking situation is that I am currently pregnant, so if it's a smoking place I'll probably wait until next time or something. (Nothing against smokers, I was one myself until I got pregnant and miss it terribly!)

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2006 @ 8:14 AM

How do people feel about the Chamblee/Tucker/Dunwoody area? It's Dekalb county, there are plenty of cafes and restaurants, and I think it's close enough to Decatur.

Baywom

Baywom

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2006 @ 10:11 PM

There are two more people who are interested. Midtown/downtown would be preferable, but if it is on the weekend then elsewhere is not our of the question. Hopefully, there are some Lost/Gilmore Girls/Sopranos junkies among you.

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 10, 2006 @ 11:30 AM

How would people feel about Saturday the 27th, in midtown/Buckhead? I was thinking maybe the R Thomas Grill, which has vegetarian dishes and free range meat as well as burgers and the like. I'd be willing to give someone who might need a ride of they live in the Decatur/Dekalb area.

Nailbiter

Nailbiter

Couch Potato

Posted May 18, 2006 @ 10:36 PM

Hey, Kathana
I don't know if you're still reading this thread, I'm a DragonCon staffer too! I'm on tech though, so we probably don't know each other. But yeah, I think at least some of the TWoP people would enjoy DragonCon. I wish the whole staff were invited guests and the recappers were on panels for the shows they recap.

Anyway, topic: I like Lost, Gilmore Girls, Doctor Who, Veronica Mars, and a few other shows, and I'm totally up for a meeting on any Saturday.

scapebabe

scapebabe

Couch Potato

Posted May 24, 2006 @ 8:00 AM

I've got so much going on that this Sat wouldn't work for me as it is. What would people think about June 3rd? Instead of general areas, why doesn't someone start suggesting venues?

I'm also a DragonCon staffer! Heh.

Baywom

Baywom

Channel Surfer

Posted May 25, 2006 @ 10:16 PM

I'm with ... however the last poster was. Scapebabe. Someone needs to make an execustive decision! I nominate whoever started this idea. One note: Sat. May 27 is not looking so good, so many people are out of tow. June 3 is good.

PS - R. Thomas Grill sounds fine to me.

Kathana

Kathana

Loyal Viewer

Posted Nov 11, 2006 @ 10:57 PM

Hooray for six month reply times!

I run the WoT programming track. You've seen me at the meetings. Running a non-TV track makes it hairy for me to get away to discuss TV things, but we can see what we can do in 07. I'm still vaguely interested in meeting fellow TWoPers.

Nailbiter

Nailbiter

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 11, 2007 @ 6:48 PM

Only a 3 month wait this time! I'm still interested in meeting everyone, and I'm still available on Saturdays, I just keep totally forgetting this thread exists.

sbxli

sbxli

Video Archivist

Posted May 5, 2007 @ 4:41 PM

Anybody going to StarFest this year with Kat McPhee, Daughtry, Augustana, and...somebody else? I am. That would be a good place to have a TWoPcon.

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 15, 2007 @ 7:57 PM

Would anyone be interested in doing another meet-up event in the ATL? I live in Macon but it would be no problem for me to come up on a weekend or something. I have an interest in many shows.

Tabulous

Tabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 17, 2007 @ 1:12 PM

happybumblebee1,
I would love to get another event started. I haven't been in the area that long, and this would be a great way to network with people that I know I have something in common with. I have been part of TWoP for almost 3 years and never knew about this before. Of course as a military spouse we are always moving, and I doubt some places we've lived would have been conducive to TWopcon. I will be back here again soon to see what everyone has to say. I am a TV junkie, so I could probably discuss almost any show and have a good time.

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 22, 2007 @ 6:01 PM

Awesome, Tabulous! I so sorry that I'm just now replying. I checked back the next day and figured it would be at least a week before someone responded. Silly me!

How long have you been in Atlanta?

I've been a TWoP member since '03. It basically got me through grad school. ;)

Let's hope that we get some more folks from the area to join in, but if not we can go ahead and schedule something and try to get the word out to people. I wish there was some way to advertise these things on a local level. The banner that's at the top of a lot of pages advertising for this forum is great and all, but I, too, didn't really think about this kind of thing until lately, mostly because I didn't think there was something going on near me. :)

Tabulous

Tabulous

Couch Potato

Posted Oct 24, 2007 @ 6:49 PM

happybumblebee1,
Is it possible we are the only 2 people that could be into this?

So you've been a part of TWoP since back in the day, that's cool, I wish I would have known about it sooner. I could've used these boards soooo many times when others thought I was a bit obsessive about my favorite shows (now here amongst my friends I know there's no such thing). I didn't stumble on to TWoP until I got hooked on the last couple of seasons of West Wing. I kinda miss when this place was smaller, but then again the changes were inevitable, and also kind of cool.

Anyway, we'll get the word out somehow. I'm in. I've been here (Marietta) since January. Wow, this year has flown by! I always say I just moved here, but its been almost a year. Yep, definitely have to meet some people.

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 26, 2007 @ 3:27 PM

I could've used these boards soooo many times when others thought I was a bit obsessive about my favorite shows (now here amongst my friends I know there's no such thing).

LOL. It's so true. Now when I watch something, my first thought is, "I wonder what people on TWoP are saying?" I wish there was such a thing for all activities in my life!

Tabulous, I know what you're saying about the "new" feeling. I've been here in Macon at my job for two years now, but I still want to tell people that I'm "new" to the job.

I have family in Marietta, although I don't spend enough time there to know all of the best places for a meet up. As for spreading the word, I wonder if it would be okay to put in a quick plug here and there in some of the forums we frequent. There have go to be posters in or around the ATL area who may want to come but don't really think about this. What do you think?

Maybe I can do a motivator in the Motivational Thread!

Sefdawg

Sefdawg

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 2:00 PM

You 2 are not the only ones! I would be intrested in a get together. I looked here a couple months ago, but I think the last post at that time was almost a year old!

I have been on TWoP for maybe 2 years, I stumbled upon it looking for 24 info, and found alot of my shows here. I am addicted to 24(I know, I can't help it) and Heroes, Chuck is at the top of my new list. My wife and I enjoy The Biggest Loser. I also love Psych, Burn Notice, Eureka, Scrubs, Pushing Daisies. I watch alot of TV.

We are always looking for a reason to have a night out.

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 29, 2007 @ 8:06 PM

Hey, Sefdawg!

24 has managed to completely hook me at various times, Seasons 1 and 5 especially. The Velvet has awesome powers, indeed. ;)

I also looooove Psych and Scrubs, along with 30 Rock and many comedies.

I'm hoping to start watching Pushing Daisies as I hear great things about it. I don't watch Heroes (yet), but I enjoy House and Battlestar Galactica. I was a big Lostie up until about the middle of 2nd season, but I still keep up with plotlines. I watch a variety of other shows when I get the chance.

Two shows I watch consistently would be The Daily Show and Colbert Report.

Where about the ATL do you hail?

Sefdawg

Sefdawg

Video Archivist

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 8:48 AM

I live on the southside, Mcdonough to be exact. About 20 miles south of the airport. I grew up in Cobb County though. I lived in Powder Springs until 1997 when I graduated and moved down here.

I DVR Pushing Daisies, and I used to watch House and Prisonbreak through the first 2 seasons. I never got into Lost, as the time slot at the beginning was inconvienient(sp?) and I did not have DVR at the time. I was a big CSI fan for awhile, but my wife can't stomach the blood and all. (Same reason we stopped watching House).

What part of our fair city do you call home?

happybumblebee1

happybumblebee1

Fanatic

Posted Oct 30, 2007 @ 6:02 PM

I live in Macon now, but I grew up in Conyers for most of my life. I pass through McDonough on my way to my mom's house (in Conyers), and while most of the outer Atlanta area has exploded in population it seems as if McDonough has experienced a nuclear bomb. ;-)

Heh. Yeah, House certainly has more than its share of gore and blood. I loved CSI (original) for the first few seasons but it kind of got too procedural. Speaking of procedurals, I used to looove Law&Order (original and SVU) but they’re getting too predictable even for me now.

Since you and Tabulous actually live in the Atlanta area, you two should decide where the best place for a meet-up would be. I'm game for going anywhere.

Araes

Araes

Loyal Viewer

Posted Dec 11, 2007 @ 10:01 PM

Used to live over in ATL when I was going to Tech, but now I'm a bit West in Huntsville. However, I still know enough people in the city that I'd definitely be down if there was the convenient excuse of also coming to a TWoPCon. People who are willing to hang out and discuss Battlestar, 24, and all the other shows I watch? Easily worth the drive.

Definitely agree on the season 5 love for 24. After season 1 I really wondered whether they would ever reclaim the magic of Bauer and the crafty Serbians. Seasons 3 and 4 were low enough that I actually stopped watching for a while. However, season 5 totally shipped me for the show once again.

I used to be a Prison Break'er as well, but after the death of Sara I think my only tie to the show was at last severed. Honestly, it really hadn't been that good since about mid-2, but fell drastically with the mexi-jail.

Frankly, I just watch way too much tv. Think my list is up to about 1/3 of the TWoP shows and a whole bunch they "should" cover like Life. (Although them picking up How I Met Your Mother did make me wildly happy, even if the recapper is incredibly bland).

Sefdawg

Sefdawg

Video Archivist

Posted Sep 1, 2009 @ 11:42 AM

Two years without a post? Wow! Anyone down for a con here in Atlanta?