fuzzykitten

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 11:50 AM

I want to see Constantine do My Ding-A-Ling

Hail Eris

Hail Eris

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 11:53 AM

I would wet myself to hear Bo doing Chris Cornell.

Idolatry2005

Idolatry2005

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:11 PM

If #1 Billboard hits is indeed next week's theme, I want:

SCARRIE STEPFORD-OKIE to flame out and crash as punishment for her moronic Faith-ish take on Joplin. Instead of giving it to Nadia, I'd looove to see Carrie cheez up "Lady Marmalade" and then suffer the consequences. Can you just see it now? Git yer git yer yah-yah here... Priceless. How do we make it happen?

BO: He has to avoid the Absolutely Obvious, which includes choices like "Free Bird," et. al. "Smooth" has huge potential. But ixnay next week to the Cher-Hair.

On an unrelated note, please indulge me, i'm not that bright: What do IIRC and YYMV mean?

darling

darling

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:23 PM

I have to say I disagree about Bo and "Smooth." I do think he could kill on it, but it was so overplayed when it came out that I'd rather he found something else that's a bit of a change for him, really shows off his voice, etc. I feel like that song still needs to nap for a while.

Ooooh! Scott could sing "Lose Yourself" by Eminem. In a hooded sweatshirt. Sweeet!

Hee! I think that would snap what's left of Paula's tether once and for all.

Edited by darling, Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:23 PM.

Ladyluck

Ladyluck

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:25 PM

Wow, Paula really did have a bunch of hits. I did not know that.

Idolatry2005: IIRC = If I recally correctly
YMMV = Your mileage may vary (ie. you may see this differently)

Mikayla: Like a Virgin

Anthony: Havin My Baby

Constantine: Fame

PaintGirl

PaintGirl

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:39 PM

So, I'm looking thru the #1's and giggling like a fool at some of the songs I think should done and by whom. Take for instance, 2Cats, how about Glenn Campbell's "Rhinestone Cowboy" or the Miracles' "Love Machine" (you the know the one, the Denny's commercial with the rooster). Let's not forget Mickles, "Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher. Okay I have to stop, I could keep going on and on. And I have work to do.

And Carrie-okie should do TSOP. (for anyone under 35, it's an instrumantal).

In seriousness, can we add "Black Water" by the Doobie brothers for Bo? Or "Indian Reservation" by Mark Lindsay?

ld1

ld1

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:43 PM

Let's not forget Mickles, "Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves" by Cher.

Now you've gotten my Irish up- on St. Paddy's day, no less.

Lil' Mikskanklah betta not *touch* G, T, & T. grrrr.........

germwarfare

germwarfare

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:43 PM

Ladyluck said:

Constantine: Fame

I was just thinking this morning that this season is so much more Fame-like than previous ones. I think it might be because the contestants are older and there's a palpable sense of "this is my big chance to live my dream" about it. There's also some really distinct (and different from seasons past) personalities that fall pretty easily into character niches.

I would love TPTB to film some behind-the-scenes stuff and run it as a short series this summer. Kind of like Extreme Home Makeover does with that background episode on Mondays. But I wouldn't want to see AI stuff until after this season is over because I don't think personality should come into it any more than it already is.

But there certainly seems to be some interesting dynamics among the contestants.

bigSATCfan

bigSATCfan

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:56 PM

I think Constantine's more suited to G&R.

I wonder if Axl would ever give the clearance for anyone to sing G&R on this show - I would love to hear either Bo or Constantine sing Sweet Child O' Mine. Or, why oh why didn't Patience ever hit #1 - that would be awesome for Bo (sans the whistling of course). Anyway, Axl obviously gave permission to use Welcome to the Jungle on the commercial for Grand Theft Auto so there's always hope.

Edited to add:

I would love TPTB to film some behind-the-scenes stuff and run it as a short series this summer. Kind of like Extreme Home Makeover does with that background episode on Mondays. But I wouldn't want to see AI stuff until after this season is over because I don't think personality should come into it any more than it already is.

What a great idea, I would totally watch.

Edited by bigSATCfan, Mar 17, 2005 @ 12:58 PM.

gaia13fr

gaia13fr

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 2:06 PM

I wonder if Axl would ever give the clearance for anyone to sing G&R on this show - I would love to hear either Bo or Constantine sing Sweet Child O' Mine.

Axl sold his rights to Sanctuary, so basically the show would have to deal with Sanctuary, Slash and Duff. Given that Matt Sorum made an asshat comment about being a judge on American Idol, and Duff responded by stomping outside the room lest he would strangle him with bare hands, and Slash just. doesn't. give a damn, I tend to think it won't happen. It could ruin all their "we're the most dangerous band right now" thing they have going on, you know... Though I would most likely climax on the irony of Constantine doing a Guns N Roses song.

But then again Sweet Child was cleared for Pop Idol, so who knows.

And I agree it's a much better song for Constantine, because we already know he can do the Death Lord Screach of Doom to perfection.

"Living on a Prayer" is better suited to Constantine than Bo aswell. I can just hear him and feel the eyefuck on "Tommy used to work on the docks..." Plus he can do the Bon Jovi jump/dive/whatever. And because whoever rawker admits to Bon Jovi as an influence just deserves to sing Bon Jovi.

I know it sounds cliche, but I want to hear Bo sing "Freebird". Or anything by Soundgarden. Was "Black Hole Sun" #1?

armagedn

armagedn

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 2:16 PM

Taking Paula's only inspired suggestion to heart, Constantine should sing "I Feel Pretty," from West Side Story. A little fun at the expense of his own narcissicism, which might have the added benefit of pulling in the demographic he sideswiped with his Effing Dezmond impersonation.

hollygo72

hollygo72

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 2:21 PM

I predict Constantine will sing a song from the sountrack of GREASE called "I'm the One That I Want".

Yes I realize the true title is "YOU'RE the One That I Want".

Edited by Demian, Mar 17, 2005 @ 4:29 PM.

gaia13fr

gaia13fr

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 2:40 PM

Woah, going over the list, there's actually not a lot to choose from... Bo/Con, avoid Brian Adams, Creed and Nickelback like the plague.

Constantine could sing "Call me" by Blondie. Snerk. Or "Be With You" by Mr Big. I would laugh so hard.
More seriously, if he could get to sing "Crazy Little Sing Called love" or "When Dove Cries" it would be awesome. Uh-oh... "Light my Fire" was a #1... I fear the worst... (I go through the lists and there are many tunes that could suit Constantine... Way more than for Bo. Now if he manages to fuck it up...)

Bo has a couple of Eagles song and Steve Miller Band waiting for him, but I'll love him to do his own version of "Paint in Black", or "Angie" to see if he can do something else. I wish rock bands other than Bon Jovi had a #1 record, cuz by looking at the list, Bo is unlikely to touch anything after the 1980...)

But deep down inside, I want a duet Bo/Constantine doing "Total Eclipse of the Heart".

wendyr

wendyr

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 3:33 PM

I want Connie to sing Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield). I don't know why I think that would be funny but I do. I think it is my flu induced fever.

I didn't see this on the list of #1's (though I only glanced), but I would love to have Bo sing Springfield's Born to Run. Purely selfish reasons- I want to hear him sing my name...'tramps like us...Wendy we were born to run...' I would sqEEEEEEEEEE

Quickbeam

Quickbeam

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 3:56 PM

I want Connie to sing Jessie's Girl (Rick Springfield).

I'd love to hear that! No lie!

I am not happy with the soul who suggested that Bo and Carrie duet "Islands in the Stream". That's been plaguing my brain ever since. Just wrong.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 4:56 PM

Connie on "Jessie's Girl". Hee!

If Springsteen were to grant rights (which we already know he won't), I'd prefer "Thunder Road" for Bo. But I don't think I saw any of his songs on that list, although I cop to a quick perusal.

irishlulu

irishlulu

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 5:16 PM

Whatever Mikalah chooses, it has to be in a higher key. She has sung the low notes (or tried to) the last two weeks and now finds herself at the bottom of the pack. She can't sing the low notes.

mwood25

mwood25

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 5:57 PM

"When Dove Cries" it would be awesome. Uh-oh... "Light my Fire" was a #1.

I think "When a Dove Cries" would be perfect, though it wouldn't have ever occured to me. The fangirls would go wild, and it would also totally suit the tones in his voice. Perfect, just perfect. I want to see this. Right now.

I think Con's too clever to do "Light My Fire" as much as he may want to, I think he'll control himself so as not to feed into the haters.

TheDuchess

TheDuchess

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 6:18 PM

Songs that the contestants should/might do:

Constantine: "Need You Tonight" (INXS) - I could actually see him trying this one. Or how about the Theme From a Summer Place? It's an instrumental so he can just stand onstage and spare us from having to hear him sing.

Bo: I'd recommend "House of the Rising Sun" (The Animals) or "American Woman" (The Guess Who). He'd do really well with either of these songs, but I think he might do something more contemporary.

Vonzell:Probably will do - "Crazy in Love" (Beyonce) or one of Whitney's many #1 hits. Should do - "You Can't Hurry Love". She has a high voice like Diana and it would allow her to do something fun and uptempo.

Anthony: He should do "April Love" by Pat Boone since he's pretty much 2005's answer to Pat - generic, boring, and non-threatening.
But given his love for power ballads he'll probably do "The One That You Love" by Air Supply.

Carrie: I can see her trying You Light Up My Life, because it's corny and Leann Rimes did a version of it, so she can remain in her country box. I'd like to see her try "My Heart Has a Mind of its Own", but aside from "When Will I Be Loved" I don't think she's aware of anything that was written before 1980.

Mikalah: I picture her trying to do "I Will Survive", but I'd like to see her do "Dark Lady" by Cher because it's fun, campy, and doesn't require much range.

Nikko: I'd recommend "Oh Girl" by The Chi-Lites, and I think he might actually try this.

Anwar: I'd love to see him do "I Heard it Through the Grapevine"

Nadia: I have no idea what she'll do, but I think "Want Ads" by The Honey Cones is perfect for her - fun, uptempo, doesn't require much range. "That's The Way Love Goes" by Janet Jackson might also be good for her.

Jessica: She should do "Black Velvet"

Scott: I'm drawing a blank here

hollygo72

hollygo72

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 6:51 PM

Does Lenny Kravitz have any #1 songs? Bo could nail one of Lenny's songs.

osage

osage

Video Archivist

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 7:04 PM

Whitney Houston songs should remain untouched. It would do nothing for Vonzell. She should do "Weak" by SWV.

I could see Nadia doing a Whitney song because she has the wit to change her song structure around. I could see Nadia doing "Stay" by Lisa Loeb. If she did "Waterfalls" by TLC with a vocal-challening arrangement, I would die.

Bo Bice should sing "To Be With You" by Mr. Big. HAHAHA

I have a feeling Nikko will do Boyz II Men because he was already planning a B2M song for semi-finals. I would totally advise against this if he could hear me. =/

Carrie should do "The Sign" by Ace of Base. =D She'll most likely do a Shania/Faith/LeAnn #1 hit, as they are the only female country artists to have #1 hits on the Billboard 100, I think. I'm sooo over Carrie. Ugh.

I could almost see Jessica Siera doing "Nothing Compares 2 U" covered by Sinead. Knowing her, she'll probably do "Eternal Flame."

I think Scott could wrap his capable vocals around a George Michael #1 hit. Not sure which though.

Mikalah should just drop out of the competition. That is all.

Edited by osage, Mar 17, 2005 @ 7:08 PM.

jsgoddess

jsgoddess

Channel Surfer

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 7:22 PM

I think Scott could wrap his capable vocals around a George Michael #1 hit. Not sure which though.

One list showed GM's version of Elton John's "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me." That'd be a good choice for someone.

hubris

hubris

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 7:27 PM

Regardless of me being on Nadia's hate train, there's one song that I think she'd be perfect for. It's not a #1 song, so I don't know when she could sing it, but it's "I Know" by Dionne Farris. Anyone remember this song? It was a semi-hit in the mid-90's some time. She's the woman who did those great vocals on "Tennessee" by Arrested Development. Anyway, the song has a rockish vibe, but also some soul. Go figure. Carry on...back to reboarding the train...

spoonofchoice

spoonofchoice

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 7:38 PM

"I Know" by Dionne Farris

Great choice for Nadia.

FirstandTen Didn't know BS wrote "Blinded By The Light," but now that you mention it... dayum, it's all Springsteen. Thanks for info.

Edited by spoonofchoice, Mar 17, 2005 @ 8:29 PM.

FirstAndTen

FirstAndTen

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 8:10 PM

I didn't see this on the list of #1's (though I only glanced), but I would love to have Bo sing Springfield's Born to Run. Purely selfish reasons- I want to hear him sing my name...'tramps like us...Wendy we were born to run...' I would sqEEEEEEEEEE

Pretty sure that Springsteen has never recorded a #1...in fact "Born to Run" I don't even think made the top 20.

He has written one #1 though....Manfred Mann's "Blinded by the Light" (1977).

<Edited, because I don't want to follow myself>

I don't know if this belongs in the Grassy Knoll or Idol Speculation...I think right now in Idol Speculation.

I'm thinking, after 17-year old Mikkie threw out the F-Bomb (yes, I know we can say "fuck," but I still like to use the term F-bomb), that TPTB will do all they can to get her gone next week.

The reasoning...the Idol tour.

Yeah, I've heard the rumors that all 12 will tour, but until I hear otherwise, I'm still sticking to the top 10. I'm sure, after last night, that Uncle Nigel and company won't want Babs anywhere near the tour...or the live show.

Two reasons...
1) What if she throws in another "fuck" later on down the road. Fuck, this show was taped, and the editors still didn't cut all of it. I'm sure TPTB won't want to sweat out a FCC fine and everything. (They may already...keep in mind, this is supposively a "G" rated show, one of the few on television.
2) Remember, she's only 17, and she won't be 18 until after the first of the year. She'll still have to drag along Mommy or Daddy on the tour. That's one extra person that TPTB will have to feed and bed. Anyway to save a little money.

<edited one more time...>

Well duh, the results show was live. All the more reason to get her outahere.

Edited by FirstAndTen, Mar 17, 2005 @ 10:14 PM.

Enigmatics

Enigmatics

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 9:01 PM

1) What if she throws in another "fuck" later on down the road. Fuck, this show was taped, and the editors still didn't cut all of it. I'm sure TPTB won't want to sweat out a FCC fine and everything. (They may already...keep in mind, this is supposively a "G" rated show, one of the few on television.

She said it on the results show. The results show was live.

Queen B

Queen B

Stalker

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 9:52 PM

Vonzell is totally singing Whitney. That's the surest I'd dare to be about any of their choices.

mercenary13

mercenary13

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 10:27 PM

No one can sing INXS on American Idol. Mark Burnett's "The Next Great Rockstar" is scheduled to air on CBS this summer, and the winner becomes the new lead singer of INXS.

germwarfare

germwarfare

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 10:56 PM

the winner becomes the new lead singer of INXS

mercenary13, now that's the competition I think Connie should have entered. Maybe word wasn't out about it when he did the AI audition.

Edited by germwarfare, Mar 17, 2005 @ 10:58 PM.

alcmena924

alcmena924

Fanatic

Posted Mar 17, 2005 @ 11:09 PM

Say it!...Say it!...

What a GREAT idea!! Rocky Horror Picture Show theme night!!

The possibilities are endless... Simon and Paula in their underwear...Randy dressed as a Party-Goer with purple hair and Clockwork Orange Glasses...Ryan in a bustier and fishnet stockings..."Legs...Legs..."

As someone who's been performing in a Rocky Horror Picture Show cast for three years, I think this is the best idea EVER.

Group Sing "Time Warp" with Jessica as the narrarator..."Where's her effing neck?"

I've been screaming this at the TV every time she comes on. Yay!

Edited by alcmena924, Mar 17, 2005 @ 11:11 PM.