Lexx

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

186 replies to this topic

kariyaki

kariyaki

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2004 @ 2:59 AM

bump

evadrad

evadrad

Posted May 28, 2004 @ 3:25 AM

oops nevermind

Edited by evadrad, May 28, 2004 @ 3:32 AM.

ubi

ubi

Posted May 28, 2004 @ 11:04 AM

Lexx is the most powerful weapon of destruction in the two universes.

The captain of the Lexx is Stanley Tweedle. He's rad. Xev Bellringer of B3K is hot stuff. I liked her better with the short red hair. Kai the last of the Brunen G is a bad ass. 790 is the real star.

That show was definately a classic. Long live the Lexx!

I love Lexx! Is it still playing on SciFi?

Lexx

Lexx

Couch Potato

Posted May 28, 2004 @ 1:04 PM

I love Lexx! Is it still playing on SciFi?

I think so. I caught an episode about three weeks ago that was on at four in the morning.

BookWoman56

BookWoman56

Couch Potato

Posted May 29, 2004 @ 3:34 PM

I hadn't realized it was back on either, and am glad to see they're running it again.

Edited by BookWoman56, May 29, 2004 @ 3:35 PM.

Lud

Lud

Posted May 29, 2004 @ 5:13 PM

Wake the Dead is scheduled for next Sat (4am). One of the very best LEXX eps, IMO.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2004 @ 11:50 PM

I'm afraid they are just that bad. It's the only show I've ever seen that would be improved by being actual pr0n. It's like - they've got a nifty sci-fi concept, a low comedy concept and a pr0n concept. And it did none of them well. Now, if it had been actual pr0n, nobody would have expected the SF or comedy aspects to be any darn good.

If they had bothered to show the gratuitous/bad pr0n, maybe it would have gotten more notice here in the U.S. As it was, I enjoyed it, in a 70's Doctor Who sort of way.

Tk4X5

Tk4X5

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 28, 2004 @ 5:14 AM

Oh, way, ooo I'm always up for some Lexx and long live the dead man. Will be checking the sci-fi schedule to see if they are still showing any episodes. Did catch one a few months back but it was the very last episode of the series, so wasn't sure if they were done w. showing it for awhile or not. Oh well, at least I have my Lexx slide show screen saver.

FoolishWanderer

FoolishWanderer

Fanatic

Posted Jun 28, 2004 @ 8:06 AM

I've looked on Amazon, Amazon UK, and Blackstar. I've been able to find complete seasons of s2 & 3, but not 1 & 4. Anyone know if 1 & 4 have been released as complete seasons?

Godmother

Godmother

Stalker

Posted Jun 28, 2004 @ 8:15 AM

I seriously tried to watch this show for its camp value, but to no avail. It just sucked too much IMO. I never could take any more than fifteen minutes.

ubi

ubi

Posted May 17, 2005 @ 6:26 AM

I seriously tried to watch this show for its camp value, but to no avail. It just sucked too much IMO. I never could take any more than fifteen minutes.

*GASP!* I loved this show! It was such a nice break from the standard Star Trek fare one always sees. In fact, I was rather amused how the crew nearly always managed to get the people they met killed during the 2nd season.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted May 24, 2005 @ 2:40 PM

I too loved Lexx. It was a break from just about any conventional SF/fantasy TV, and even went past Farscape in places. Very, very sexy, cheesy, and dark. Very dark. For a Canadian show, it sure did have a lot of Germans. Not that I minded much.

Plus they beat Buffy to the musical episode by a bit, though few remember. It would be nice to see it in reruns again; it seems to have fallen off Sci-Fi US scheduling. I was never sure if Sci-Fi cancelled it or if its producers chose to end it.

ubi

ubi

Posted May 28, 2005 @ 9:02 PM

IIRC, the fourth season (on Earth) was sppsd to be the final season, but there was talk about comic books and perhaps the occassional movie.

TimeMonkey

TimeMonkey

Stalker

Posted May 28, 2005 @ 9:33 PM

I haven't gotten a chance to see much of this show aside from a couple episodes and the first couple movie things. Pretty good but I was kinda lost plotwise.

ubi

ubi

Posted May 29, 2005 @ 1:42 PM

This is one of those shows with a seasonal arc; if you only watched a couple eps, it would be a bit confusing, especially in season three (on Fire/Water).

TimeMonkey

TimeMonkey

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2005 @ 3:15 PM

I'm pretty sure I never saw more than two or three eps in the same season. One ep they're on Earth, the next they're being attacked by what appears to be a swarm of arm robots and then they're on some wierd alien planet. Unfortunately they were only airing it really early in the morning mst of the time so I haven't gotten a chance to see more eps.

790 is such a bitch, I love it.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted May 29, 2005 @ 5:55 PM

Lexx was originally a Showtime show, wasn't it?

ubi

ubi

Posted Jun 3, 2005 @ 8:57 PM

Yes. The first season was called "Tales From A Parallel Universe" and consisted of four movies.

briiian

briiian

Just Tuned In

Posted Jun 28, 2005 @ 12:32 PM

anyone heard rumours about a movie? i'm not sure i believe them. but would be cool.

plots were tough to follow... but i think it was more about the characters, anyway.

ubi

ubi

Posted Jul 1, 2005 @ 11:29 AM

I heard something vague a few years ago but that was it. Wasn't there a comic book series coming out?

Cobrasaur

Cobrasaur

Channel Surfer

Posted Jul 14, 2005 @ 9:27 PM

Aaah, Lexx. My favorite episode was 'Twighlight'. 790 cracks me up. I doubt there will be a Lexx movie in the future though. Xenia Seeberg is pregnant.

osirus

osirus

Video Archivist

Posted Jun 11, 2006 @ 6:49 PM

The Lexx was a great show and Stan was the man.

Gharlane

Gharlane

Fanatic

Posted Jun 13, 2006 @ 1:44 PM

Are there DVDs still available? I really need to get them one of these days.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 11:40 PM

They still seem to be out there. I liked it a lot, but I think it's fading. Many of the Lexx sites I used to visit have dried up. Sci-Fi doesn't even have their Lexx pages up anymore.

cutecouple

cutecouple

Stalker

Posted Jun 14, 2006 @ 11:50 PM

[.double.post.]

Edited by cutecouple, Jun 14, 2006 @ 11:54 PM.

dmmetler

dmmetler

Couch Potato

Posted May 25, 2009 @ 10:18 AM

Loved LEXX-I have the movies on VHS, the movie soundtracks, and the season 2 (first TV season-originally, they showed the movies in 2 parts each for season 1) soundtrack. Season 2 was out on DVD, and part of Season 3.

You really have to see the series in sequence for it to make sense-but the characters are some of the best out there. And I admit, Kai is about as sexy as it's possible to get, especially once you're dead.

TimeMonkey

TimeMonkey

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 1:10 AM

Question, did Bunny show up before S3? I think at one point they mention her in a list of people they knew who died and came back but I can't remember her appearing before they ended up on Water.

Also, was anyone else annoyed at how they kept ignoring the obvious answers to the Lexx's need to eat during season 3 and 4?

ganesh

ganesh

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:12 PM

Bunny was in one episode in S2, iirc. When I first watched S3, I was wondering why they reused the actor and then I put 2+2 together.

TimeMonkey

TimeMonkey

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:23 PM

Any idea which episode it was?

Out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to figure out what the deal with Fire and Water was?

runningoutofnam

runningoutofnam

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 8:43 PM

Yeah is people missed the whole fire and water thing or the destruction of the light universe then they would be baffled by the show.

Last season was a royal mind##$# but it did tie in past things.

Out of curiousity, how long did it take you guys to figure out what the deal with Fire and Water was?

Maybe third or fourth episode for the heaven and hell analog to be worked out in my mind since it took that long for both fire and water worlds to be shown.

I did like the cameos of Red Dwarf Lister and female Holly in one episode of lexx as a married couple. Off topic but I would for bbcamerica to get the rights to the new season of Red Dwarf being filmed.