Posted Sep 15, 2006 @ 11:29 AM
Posted Sep 21, 2006 @ 10:08 PM
In fact, that whole episode together makes for fantastic television!
Posted Sep 22, 2006 @ 11:47 AM
When Faith breaks out of jail when she hears Angel needs her.
And when Connor's about to kill Angel in ‘Orpheus’ but Faith gets there at the last second and says ‘Break off a switch son, there's gonna be a whuppin'!’), and then proceeds to give him a well earned ass-kickin'. After she'd been beaten down by Angelus and The Beast in the last couple of eps, it was good to see her back on form.
Posted Sep 22, 2006 @ 5:28 PM
the Cordelia/Wesley parody of the Buffy relationship! That scene makes me piss myself with laughter everytime I watch it. Especially when Cordelia says, "Bite me." And Wesley starts biting her neck theatrically and Angel walks in and goes, "How bout you both bite me."
I LOVED that part! Most of mine are really small two-second things. Some other favorites:
1. Doyle, Cordy and the whole "Rats are Low" scene. Also the rewatching of that video in S5.
2. Gunn in Blind Date: "Evil white folks really do have a Mecca!"
3. Are You Now or Have You Ever Been when 1950s Angel walks out and doesn't save the day. His bitterness and disappointment really got to me.
4. Cordy & Angel when Angel gets her new clothes. I don't think that many people like that scene that much, but I loved seeing Angel's gigantic, rarely-seen smile.
5. Spike at the beginning of In The Dark when he narrates the scene
6. Puppet Angel in vamp face NEVER gets old for me. Neither does "I'm gonna rip you a new puppet hole, bitch!" I also LOVED Lorne's "Doctor! Is there a Gepetto in the house?" It's hard for me to pick a single moment from that episode. There's also a part in the fight scene where one of the puppets goes flying through the air to tackle someone that I find sidesplitting.
7. The bonding of Cordy, Gunn and Wes that occurs simultaneously with Angel's darkness spat in S2. I loved their Karaoke scene, and I loved the way the show balanced Angel's darkness with the joy from the other characters.
8. In the episode Fredless, which I otherwise completely disliked, I loved Fred's dad when he said "that's my daughter you damn cockroach." It's not just the line, it's the way he reacted to the situation. Such pragmatism!
9. Angel dancing. Angel singing. Angel doing anything that requires rhythm. Also, this one scene of him doing tai chi in S1 always makes me laugh inappropriately.
10. Lorne answering the phone in Apocalypse, Nowish. Lorne threatening Eve. Lorne's introduction. Pretty much anything with Lorne in it, except Pylea.
11. That thing where Gavin walks backwards into Lilah's office. Loved Gavin.
12. The whole collage of the Jasmine-worship open mic nite, but especially Connor and Angel singing the Mandy tune with Jasmine's name.
edited to erase things that were more lines than moments
Edited by suzier, Sep 22, 2006 @ 5:47 PM.
Posted Apr 6, 2008 @ 2:08 AM
I love the end of "Release" when Angelus bit Faith. That was a total "OH SHIT" moment.
I probably jumped out of couch when that one came down. I seriously thought that Faith was gone, either dead or vamp. I don't remember if the previews for the next episode showed her, but I did think that she was done.
I have to admit that the rain of fire always gets to me. Angel's face when he seen Connor/Cordelia breaks my heart. That was some serious pain, he looked like he was about to die fom the hurt and shock.
One of my all time favorite Ats moments, Gunn and Gwen testing the prototype.
"Not Fade Away" since the first second to the last.
I loved Gunn's "Evil white folks really do have a Mecca" speech in Blind Date.
I've watch that scene probably a hundred times and it always gets better. It's one of my favorite moments from the show.
Favorite moments in angel? - Lorne.
I loved scenes of Lorne taking care of baby Connor. Also, Lorne shooting Lindsey. He was so tired and joyless by then, it was disarming to watch Lorne so dark.
Posted Apr 9, 2008 @ 5:05 PM
Anyway, watching The Shroud yesterday, at the end (long after she stole from the museum dummy), she and Wes are sitting on the sofa in the lobby waiting for Angel. Wes is going on about "you know what bothers me" and Cordy says it's her stealing, right? She's promising Wes she gave it all back. And then you see SHE'S WEARING the necklace she took off the dummy! I laughed my...um ear off.
Posted May 8, 2008 @ 2:58 PM
Posted Oct 15, 2008 @ 11:13 AM
2) "You're a wee little puppet man"
3) When Angel announces he's going after the dragon in the final scene
4) Lorne's disembodied head begins talking - damn, that surprised me
5) Wes tells Lilah to keep the glasses on - kinky and creepy
6) Darla sacrifices herself for Connor/Redeemed Darla shows up in ghost form (Julie Benz was awesome.)
7) The moment Angel and Cordy invite Wes to stay on - I knew I was going to miss Doyle but I still loved that moment
8) Lorne reads Wes while he sings a lullaby to Connor -
Posted Oct 17, 2008 @ 9:50 PM
2) Lindsey singing the LA Song in "Dead End." He's so my favourite of the characters created in Angel.
3) the moments in "Darla" that mirror Buffy's "Fool For Love."
4) Darla and Dru in "The Girl In Question" being so giggly and William being so pissy about it.
5) The holy shit moment in "Destiny" when it was revealed Lindsey was back. (Bad hair, but I reiterate: he's my favourite of the characters created in Angel.)
6) Darla's death in "Lullaby." As been said on page 1, perfect.
Edited by Moonlighter, Oct 17, 2008 @ 9:53 PM.
Posted Sep 28, 2011 @ 11:13 AM
Also, "Time Bomb" has the great scene of Illryia killing Spike, Lorne, Wesley and Angel. But my favorite part of that sequence is probably this exchange later on:
So. Bad. Ass.
ANGEL: And I'm next.
ILLYRIA: No, vampire. *throws her axe on his pile of ashes* You were last.
Some of my earlier favorite moments that haven't been mentioned here are as follows:
1. Loopy Cordelia in "Rahmon" was mentioned, but I prefer her in the museum ("My teeth are SO BIG. I. Am. Plez. Ant."). She is just adorable, all stumbling around.
2. Wesley and Cordelia pretending to be the fuzz in "The Ring" ("Answer the detective!")
3. Angel and Cordy cuddled up at the end of "Provider"
4. Darla singing at Karitas
5. Wes drinking blood in "Guise." Yuck.
6. All of Wes, Cordy and Gunn's moments in "Happy Anniversary" (especially the part where Virginia brings them a gift basket and Cordy head straight for the champers)
7. The Beast slaughtering everyone, at both the end of Apocalypse Nowish and especially in Habeus Corpses. Those moments of panic throughout Wolfram & Hart freak me the fuck out. The specific visual that comes to mind is The Beast grabbing people as the run out the door. And then when Lilah says he killed everyone, including people who were out sick that day? Yeesh.
8. Kate's speech at her father's retirement party. The way the camera cuts to her playing with her purse strings is so great and sticks out in my mind. It's a very well-edited scene. Very touching, and then hilarious when everyone breaks out into a fight.
Edited by Kosmonaut, Sep 28, 2011 @ 11:17 AM.
Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 12:24 PM
Most of my favorites have been picked up but I do love the Reign of Fire montage in Apocalypse Nowish. The slow-mo, the music, the shots of each of the characters were incredible against the falling fire. As mentioned in the DVD commentary it was both a major external apocalypse and a personal one for Angel (the C/C sex) but I think it was the grandness of scale that I loved.
ETA: I must admit that while I found the "Mandy" karaoke and dancing moments always hilarious, I cringed so much each time that I found them less enjoyable.
Edited by SueB, Oct 16, 2011 @ 12:26 PM.
Posted Oct 16, 2011 @ 2:37 PM
- Willow's appearance in Orpheus (the flirting, the funny, the magic).
- Cordelia and Wesley as Buffy and Angel.
- Angel firing Gunn, Wes, and Cordy.
- Almost any Drusilla appearance. Reunion in particular (my favourite episode).
- The souled vampires attacking Illyria with their swords - 'Unimpressive'.
- Puppet Angel, and everyone's reaction.
- Fred's crazed (but kind of justified reaction) to the man that sent her to Pylea.
- Fred being awesome and helping to save the day, from The Magic Bullet.
- Lorne killing Lindsay.
- Oz and Spike, from In The Dark.
- All of Darla, Reunion, Not Fade Away, Spin the Bottle, and Orpheus.
- Angel letting Darla and Dru loose on the lawyers (so happy they kept Lilah alive, though).
- Raining fire.
- Cordelia getting a beautiful ending in You're Welcome.
- Cordelia and Angel re-meeting at the party in City Of.
- Cordelia and Willow's awkward phone conversation concerning Harmony.
- Princess Cordy.
- Willow's silent appearance, concerning a certain death.
I'm in dire need of a rewatch, it has been so long. I could probably include a lot more moments, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Posted Feb 22, 2012 @ 9:24 AM
I love this moment, too, but my favorite part is the ensuing teaser in Habeas Corpses. I LOVE the silence punctuated only by the hiss of falling fire as Angel turns and beats up the stairwell. So awesome. Actually, Habeas Corpses is pretty awesome in general.
The slow-mo, the music, the shots of each of the characters were incredible against the falling fire. As mentioned in the DVD commentary it was both a major external apocalypse and a personal one for Angel (the C/C sex) but I think it was the grandness of scale that I loved.
One moment that always sticks out to me is in Somnambulist when Wesley's trying to explain to Cordelia that Angel's involved with the murders:
Cracks me up.
CORDY: Okay, you get to leave now. You’re not gonna come in here and accuse Angel like this.
CORDY: No! I don’t care how many files you have on all the horrible things he did back in the powdered wig days! He is good now. And he’s my friend. And nothing you or anyone else can say will make me turn on a friend!
ANGEL: (entering) Cordelia. He’s right.
CORDY (to Wesley): You’ll stake him and I’ll cut his head off.
Posted Mar 5, 2012 @ 11:20 PM
Posted Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:36 AM
Posted Aug 22, 2012 @ 9:16 AM
LAWSON: We all need a reason to live, even if we're already dead. Mom, apple pie, the stars and stripes— That was good enough for me till I met you. Then I had this whole creature-of-the-night thing going for me— the joy of destruction and death— and I embraced it. I did all the terrible things a monster does- murdered women and children, tortured fathers and husbands just to hear 'em scream— and through it all... I felt nothing. 60 years of blood drying in my throat like ashes. So what do you think? Is it me, Chief? Or does everyone you sired feel this way?
ANGEL: You're the only one I ever did this to... after I got a soul.
LAWSON: Do I have one, too?
ANGEL: I don't think it works that way, son.
LAWSON: Didn't think so.
"I don't think it works that way, son." This line is probably DB's best-delivered line of the series. It stabs me in the gut every time. Ugh, such a beautiful and sad moment.
Edited by Kosmonaut, Aug 22, 2012 @ 9:18 AM.
Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 12:43 PM
Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 1:39 PM
Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 3:04 PM
Posted Aug 31, 2012 @ 9:19 PM
Posted Sep 7, 2012 @ 8:09 AM
Another one of my favorite moments is in Habeas Corpses, when the gang is in the white room and gets teleported back to the office. The silent moment when Lorne looks at the gang, and then to his sea breeze, and then back at the gang cracks me the fuck up. There are a lot of great moments like that in season four.
Posted Oct 28, 2013 @ 11:15 AM
Two words: Smile Time.
Everything I love on this show has already be mentioned on this whole thread at least once. I loved Buffy and Angel's one night of pure happiness together as two regular humans, Angel being justifiably furious at Wesley for stealing Connor and later at Cordelia for having sex with him, Angel and Wesley dancing, Angel's sacrifice for Connor...all of that stuff was gold
But at the end of the day, the one I'll always treausure was the puppet episode.
Edited by Spartan Girl, Oct 28, 2013 @ 11:24 AM.
Posted Nov 2, 2013 @ 11:20 PM
"In the Dark" with Spike on the roof mocking Angel. "Not the hair, never the hair." "Oh, I have a cousin who's gay."
And of course pretty much every single second of "Smile Time."
Posted Nov 3, 2013 @ 4:25 AM
A Hole In The World/Shells - basically every scene with Amy Acker. She just nails it.
Posted Nov 6, 2013 @ 1:01 PM
I also loved the part in the series finale when Spike read his Cecily poem out loud at a bar...and everyone liked it! I may be in the minority, but I never though it was that bad of a poem.
Posted Nov 7, 2013 @ 12:18 PM
"In the Dark" with Spike on the roof mocking Angel. "Not the hair, never the hair." "Oh, I have a cousin who's gay."
This cracks me up every single time hah!
This show has so many golden comedic moments, I think that's lost in most dramas nowadays, which is a shame.
Posted Dec 5, 2013 @ 9:21 AM
I was fascinated by Angel's pre-vamp life flashbacks in "The Prodigal" and wish we could have found out more about Liam. I always kind of liked his brief interaction with his little sister when his father is kicking out of the house and he tells her, "Sweet Kathy, no tears, we shall meet again." It makes it even more tragic when Angelus later kills her when she lets him, thinking he was an angel -- hence the new name. I wish we'd seen more flashbacks of Angel/Liam as a big brother: he and Kathy clearly adored each other and it must have been agony for the re-ensouled Angel to realize that -- on top of all the other innocent people he killed -- he murdered his little sister.
Speaking of screwed-up families, Spike yelling "Try staking your mum when she's coming on to you!" always cracks me up. And Harmony's "Wow, that explains a lot." Hee.
And I may be in the minority, but I did love Angel and Buffy's brief time together when he was a human in "I Will Remember You", if only because it was the happiest we had ever seen them since the egg episode in Buffy season 2.