Songs on AI that you NEVER want to hear again

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

98 replies to this topic

moonwater

moonwater

Fanatic

Posted Mar 10, 2010 @ 6:30 AM

I don't want to hear any song written before 1980. I don't care that they are classics. Time to move on.

Also I don't want to hear previous idols' songs from their records unless they are singing it themselves, except for Gokey. No one can outsing the original idol so why make us listen the hand me down versions?

FoundSourSilnce

FoundSourSilnce

Channel Surfer

• Interests:Glittery Alien from Planet Fierce, Everyinch of his love, Discostix, coconuts, sweet & sour sauce, sugar, spice

Posted Mar 21, 2010 @ 3:59 PM

I thought I wanted to see an all Adam Lambert theme week, but now I'm changing my mind.

No one should ever be allowed to sing anything that Adam Lambert sung on Idol. Ever. The show needs to retire these songs since all present and future contestants would desecrate anything that our bb performed. Adam is universally adored and is considered the next Elvis/Freddie Mercury/Michael Jackson/David Bowie/Jesus/Mick Jagger/Robert Plant/Madonna, so I don't understand how anyone could be ballsy enough to copy his songs. Adam is a once in a lifetime talent, and every performance of his on Idol was sheer perfection. Any time an unoriginal karaoke singer copies Adam by singing one of his trademark songs from Season 8, I die a little inside.

yourpointis

yourpointis

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2011 @ 11:03 PM

Knowing it is early in the season, but I am beyond tired of hearing Put Your Records On, Fallin, Your Man, and I Don't Want to Miss a Thing. If there is any goodwill left on this earth, please retire anything that has been written or recorded by the Beatles from ever being shown during any phase of the Idol process.

bzork

bzork

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2011 @ 11:24 PM

FoundSourSilnce -- well, I came here to bitch about Change Is Gonna Come and the desecration that Durbin piled upon it, but frankly, even without the hyperbole, I've decided to agree with your idea that no one sings a Lambert song. Retire his catalogue of covers please.

ari333

ari333

Fanatic

Posted Feb 25, 2011 @ 8:06 AM

Oh sweet baby Jesus, every time I hear the, "and you, and you, and you.. you're gonna love me..." song, I want to pull an Elvis and shoot at my TV.

And while I'm at it, they can knock it off with the, "I am nothing, nothing, NOTHING.... if I dont have youuuuuuuu" [crap-tastic melisma-fest gymnastics here.] Oh dear God, please....

Got to add Queen's, "Who Wants to Live Forever" and any and all renditions of, "I-ah-I-ah... Will Always Love You-uuuu-uuuu-uuu."

Any song that begs for melisma-ing off the charts and freakin screeching how high the moon has got to go, and cant go soon enough for me.

That is all.

Edited by ari333, Feb 25, 2011 @ 8:07 AM.

mshepnj

mshepnj

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2011 @ 10:48 AM

Personally, I think songs by current judges should be off limits, especially "Dream On" and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith. Also, songs of any artist that gives Randy an opportunity to name drop about who he's worked with should be on the banned list.

Also to be retired: The music of Stevie Wonder and Phil Collins.

Dejana

Dejana

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 1, 2012 @ 11:56 PM

No more Adele. Maybe if she performs on a results show or the finale, but everyone covering her can just stop it already.

All the guys are singing Stevie Wonder next week. Yippee.

RoisterDoister

RoisterDoister

Loyal Viewer

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:11 AM

All the guys are singing Stevie Wonder next week. Yippee.

Hopefully they won't all do Stevie songs that have been done to death on this show (they probably will though). I hope someone tries something like "I Was Made To Love Her" or "Uptight"

JazzieCazzie

JazzieCazzie

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 12:50 PM

ANYTHING by Whitney Houston. Obviously, my wish will not come true next week but hoping that perhaps there will be a super-secret memo sent to the girls after this week that from here on in, she is off-limits. Get it over with in one swell foop. I'll throw Celine in there too. Even though she's not dead yet.

I admit I could never get tired of Stevie Wonder but am in the camp of "could we please have some out-of-the-box Stevie" this time around? I remember falling in flove with Steven "I would have made it if I could have remembered lyrics" Fowler, when he did his first "step out of the line and sing something" with "Where Were You When I Needed You?" And if someone sings "Creepin' (my first dance with hubby 28 years ago) I might even vote. Add in "Golden Lady," "Superwoman," "Visions," "Ain't No Use" and "Smile Please" for obscure faves.

Instead we'll get 3 each doing "Sunshine of My Life," "Cherie Amour" and (ugh) "I Just Called To Say I Love You" and one doing "Boogie On Reggae Woman."

And please, no more Adele this season.