Dawson's Creek on DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.

1511 replies to this topic

Frelling Tralk

Frelling Tralk

Fanatic

Posted Oct 11, 2011 @ 6:52 PM

I believe it's just deleted scenes from the pilot?

There are more deleted scenes from all seasons (and a gag reel!) on youtube, but they never include them on the DVD's for some reason.

Gator

Gator

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 21, 2012 @ 11:13 AM

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd share. If you are a Comcast subscriber, Dawson's Creek's first four seasons are now available on XFINITY StreamPix, a new section of their OnDemand offerings. I'm about to revisit the series and I am very excited about it.

anatolealice

anatolealice

Fanatic

Posted Apr 26, 2012 @ 11:40 PM

I believe it's just deleted scenes from the pilot?

There are more deleted scenes from all seasons (and a gag reel!) on youtube, but they never include them on the DVD's for some reason.

Thanks Frelling Talk, that helps save me money, no need to buy another copy! I think I've seen most of the clips on youtube.

larapu2000

larapu2000

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 8:41 PM

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I'd share. If you are a Comcast subscriber, Dawson's Creek's first four seasons are now available on XFINITY StreamPix, a new section of their OnDemand offerings. I'm about to revisit the series and I am very excited about it.

I have been indulging in a Dawson's fest the last few weeks thanks to Xfinity Streampix! A few notes on my re-watch...

-Why did Andi have a homeless woman do her hair for prom, and then walk through a glitter powderpuff factory? Meredith is such a cute girl and they made her hideous.

-That d-bag college "writer" AJ kissed an open wound on Joey's knee. I almost lost my lunch when that happened.

-When I fast forward through the scenes with Dawson's parents, the show improves by a million percent. Who thought that was interesting adult drama?

catmax99

catmax99

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 9:29 PM

-Why did Andi have a homeless woman do her hair for prom, and then walk through a glitter powderpuff factory? Meredith is such a cute girl and they made her hideous.

Ha! I think they were always trying to make Meredith look younger. She is gorgeous, but was obviously much older than the rest of the cast, hence the pigtails, overalls, etc. that she was always subjected to.

-When I fast forward through the scenes with Dawson's parents, the show improves by a million percent. Who thought that was interesting adult drama?

Ugh I hated that stuff. Good advice for the next time I watch.

glitter5579

glitter5579

Stalker

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 9:11 AM

For anyone who hasn't bought the DVDs, Dawson's Creek is now on Netflix instant watch too.

anatolealice

anatolealice

Fanatic

Posted May 22, 2012 @ 11:36 PM

HEE! I remember that glittery stuff being popular in the 90s but not to that extent. She looks awful and it's a shame because she's so pretty. She was a lot older, but she didn't look that much older, a slightly dressier ordinary Andie look would've worked fine.

paddyspub

paddyspub

Channel Surfer

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 4:01 AM

I'm so excited this is on Netflix instant. I have the 2nd and 6th season but haven't bought the rest. YAY.

humuhumu

humuhumu

Video Archivist

Posted May 24, 2012 @ 4:22 PM

Agreed. I haven't rewatched since 2007ish, and have already burned through S1 and most of S2. Clearly the best use of time when one's PhD thesis is due in September!

Frelling Tralk

Frelling Tralk

Fanatic

Posted Jun 8, 2012 @ 4:39 AM

Ha! I think they were always trying to make Meredith look younger. She is gorgeous, but was obviously much older than the rest of the cast, hence the pigtails, overalls, etc. that she was always subjected to

I always thought that Andie looked fine in season 2, and not noticeably any older than Pacey. It's when they tried to dress her as younger in season 3 with the overalls and the pigtails that she started coming off as ridiculous, but then in the season 4 graduation episode when she returns she looked gorgeous (and in her deleted scenes from the finale), so whatever the actresses real age she definitely carried off playing a younger character really well for me.

MrSarahWalker

MrSarahWalker

Fanatic

Posted Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:18 PM

I'm listening to the commentaries on my box set for the first time and Paul Stupin has to be the worst I have ever heard on these things. Not only is he boring as hell and ignore the actual episode but he repeats the same shit every time. I appreciate his willingness to talk about some of the mistakes they made but its not enough to overcome the stupid stories about nats and jet skis and how he walked in front of the camera that one time.

sunny742

sunny742

Channel Surfer

Posted May 15, 2013 @ 7:55 AM

http://www.buzzfeed....ns-creek-finale