The WWE: Y’all Know It Belongs Here

• Please log in to reply

11365 replies to this topic

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:23 PM

I'll tell you why. It's because Cena doesn't use his pull. He's a company man through and through and will do whatever Vince tells him. That's why he's the golden boy.

Having pull doesn't mean all of his requests will be granted. They couldn't turn him heel because there wasn't a face that was built up enough for years. Cena the actual person is a good guy and wouldn't do half of what you mentioned.

You're right...it falls on Vince. But Cena is a product of it.

Edited by wingster55, Apr 27, 2012 @ 4:27 PM.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Apr 28, 2012 @ 7:01 AM

So now he's actually hated because he's loyal to the company that pretty much made him a superstar? Loyalty is a bad thing? Ask CM Punk where he always wanted to be. WWE. Jericho or any other guy who grew up wanting to be a wrestler. They all dreamed of being WWE wrestlers as kids, so of course when Vince says jump, those guys say how high. Besides, what are their options now? Hulk Hogan and Bischoff in the minors at TNA? I'm sure they hear the stories and see the actual programs and they know what's going on backstage. They don't want to go there. They want to be where they always dreamed of being- in the WWE, working for Vince McMahon. When Vince told Punk that he couldn't appear on an MMA show a few months ago, he was strangely silent about it. Why? Probably so he wouldn't mess up anything he had going as WWE champ. You have to pick your battles sometimes. Hate to break it to you, but they are all loyal- even the biggest rebel and the biggest boyscout.

Peachy720

Peachy720

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 12:51 PM

Wow, thanks for all of the replies. I guess I'm getting it a bit more now. Perhaps Cena was shoved more before I started watching, but since I have been, I think Randy Orton has been forced down our throats far more. Randy Orton, who was thrown in a military prison for going AWOL, getting a bad conduct discharge, has been abusive to his spouse, and is an unlikable misogynist of the highest order. I cannot root for him. Comparing him and Edge again, but when Edge went sorta nuts by yanking at his hair prior to the spear, it was entertaining and a hell of a thing to watch live. When Orton pounds on the ground prior to his big use, he just looks nuts and stupid.

Do you have a link where the spousal abuse is verified? I just searched and didn't get any hits.

I couldn't stand Orton when he first debuted. All the drug abuse and mistreatment of Divas. I believe we all make mistakes. I think he's a changed man and I've become a fan of his. However, it is time for a revamp of his gimmick. More cheerleading post-celebrations, maybe?

RedJed

RedJed

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 10:03 PM

Let's bring in a former ufc heavyweight champ who headlined a million plus ppv and job him out the first match in. GENIUS. Especially if Cena is taking time off. Other than that, and too many ref bumps, a really good show. Loved how physical the Lesnar Cena match was, Punk and Jericho had a good streetfight, and Sheamus/Bryan was really really good. Also glad to see layla back I love female wrestlers who aren't content to just look good and obviously bust ass in the ring.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:11 PM

I'm glad Cena will be getting a good rest but hopefully this is a good opportunity for Kofi or Ziggles.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 29, 2012 @ 11:33 PM

IWC meltdown is funny.

I'd rather had Cena win at WM and then take time off, but this works.

Smarky crowds are starting to annoy me. Yes, heels can be more interesting than faces, but enough is enough. Do the heels a favor and boo them if you like their work. I know turns need to come about too and you can cheet who you want, but still.

Miz loses on Youtube. Poor Mikey.

Zack attacking Kane! Hopefully this goes somewhere.

Layla is back. Wanted Kharma, but I'll take Layla over the Bellas.

Ziggles is a bumping machine. And get horny away from my Funkasaurus please.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:34 AM

Keep Randy on Smackdown please.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 12:47 AM

Keep Randy on Smackdown please.

This.

I LOLed at Sheamus' 18 seconds shirt. Nice to troll the crowd.

Cody needs to go to longer trucks. Because what he wears now looks like tighty whiteys.

This Teddy abuse is making me feel real uncomfortable. End it and let Teddy be a manager or something.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 2:39 AM

Yeah its setting me back centuries.

Cody us a good looking guy but he has some bony knees. Lol He's another person I'd love to go to Raw and compete in the main event. So glad he's gotten better moves in his set. Playing him on Raw vs Smackdown 2011show was sad.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:07 AM

I love Jericho, but even I am getting sick of Punk/Jericho because it's so redundant. You know that it's going to be Punk winning. At least the matches are good. I loved Lesnar/Cena more than I should have. It was beautiful. But Cena should have won the match against the Rock. I almost feel like Lesnar and Cena both were telling the Rock "Fuck you, Dwayne, this is how it's done." And, hell, at least Cena got a great send off. I'm sure the selling point for Lesnar's next match will be that Cena had to use a weapon to beat him, while Lesnar only used his body to bust him open.

I don't know what they were intending to do with sticking Brodus Clay with Horny- was it to make Horny popular or to make me hate Brodus Clay? Because I now hate Brodus Clay. The pin over Ziggles cemented it. They also put Swaggs in a suit, which made me like him now. He looks so legit. That plus the lisp, he's like some strange motivational speaker. I love it. Get rid of Vicki and trade her for Rosa. Why is Tag Champs need her more. The only good thing about Brodus Clay are that I know his dancers are better wrestlers than he and stupid Horny. Also, Santino the Sock Man over Miz? Lame. When is this stupid Santino lovefest going to end? Miz needs to get a job as Laurenitis's personal assistant. That's a way into the US Title. Or become a stupid comedy act.

Also, yay! Layla! Sorry, Beth, you won't get your title back anytime soon. Layla has charisma and talent- something you lack severely.

In other news, Sheamus needs to do cardio, that match with Daniel Bryan had that dude seriously worn out.

Edited by Linds09, Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:08 AM.

onchic2000

onchic2000

Channel Surfer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 9:19 AM

So overall I was pretty happy with this PPV. I was happy with most of the outcomes, and as a fan of Cena who has 2 boys who are HUGE Cena fans, we were happy with the win. I don't care if he is heel of face either way, and honestly the kids don't get that part of the wrestling world until they get older anyhow. I know come Raw tonight they will be highly pissed when Cena isn't there. I did see him tell the ref after his match that his left arm was F*****, and then the time off announcement was a big let down after his win, but I do understand where he is coming from especially if it is a legit injury as they are saying. I thoroughly enjoyed that match and even the hubby did even though he isn't a religious watcher as his wife and sons are LOL. I know the boys loved the win no matter how he got it. I think that no matter who he is in a storyline with, he draws me in and puts all he has in it even if it is a crappy story. I really don't see him being out that terribly long though b/c he is such a big draw. We are from Houston and Smackdown will be here, but since Cena isn't a part of that show my boys don't even care to go even though there are others that they love. For instance my 6 year old loves Cena, R-truth, Santino, Orton, HHH, Sheamus, and Big Show. He even likes Cody Rhodes when he isn't fighting Big Show. My 5 year old well he loves Cena, Orton, Jericho, Ziggler, Miz, Taker, and Sheamus. Neither one like Daniel Bryan yet they hop all around the house saying Yes, Yes, Yes. And they like Ryder too and I hear my 5 year old saying to himself, Woo Woo Woo, you know it. So there is a good mix of faces and heels in their mix. I just hope that after Cena takes a break he will can come back and do some of what he wants to do. Maybe kick a little ass and take some names!

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:07 PM

I think I would have rather Kharma win the title last night, but Layla used the Maryse pin cover, so I cannot complain.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 3:55 PM

LOL, Last Time Lord.

The IWC bellyaching and complaining is so awesome </Miz>.

From what I've seen, Cena is now SuperCena again, Brock lost all credibility and momentum, Brock needs to have a win streak until next WM, and so on.

It's funny. IWC wants new stars, but they want Rock vs. Brock for the title at WM. And have Brock run over everyone. How can those two plans work together. Cena is now SuperCena despite losing and being owned the past few months.

All this butthurt just because it's Cena. Because if it was their Lord and Savior CM Punk or the Yes! Yes! Yes! Man Daniel Bryan, then they'd say that the WWE was building up their stars correctly. Or if they'd lost, it's just another case the WWE not building up their stars.

Anywho...

Hopefully Ryder vs Kane is back on. Barring that, Miz and Ryder need to be another epic bromance like Linds09speculated about.

I wouldn't mind Ziggles losing to Clay if there was a storyline to it. Have Ziggles try to get with the Funkettes, Vicki see green, and end up with Ziggles leaving her stable and go out on his own.

Kofi and other faces need to rise up in Cena's absence. There are too many heels at the moment.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:28 PM

The new lead actor for the new Marine movie is... The Miz.

I did not see this one coming.

Edited by Last Time Lord, Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:29 PM.

jch323

jch323

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:39 PM

From what I've seen, Cena is now SuperCena again, Brock lost all credibility and momentum, Brock needs to have a win streak until next WM, and so on.

I think Brock should have gone over because of Cena's apparent upcoming time off - just to build up to a huge rematch when he returns. Hopefully, Brock kills him tonight to make it matter more when Cena returns.

redshirtx

redshirtx

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:43 PM

Ted DiBiase did The Marine 2, so it's only fair to spread the casting love around.

That said...is anybody else having a really hard time picturing The Miz running around with guns and THAT LOOK on his face?

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:51 PM

Imagine this:

Miz comes up to the bad guy: "I'm the Miz! I'm awesome! You're not! ::Blows bad guy away::

I'd seriously consider getting the DVD.

As for Cena, I'm tired of him getting owned. Let the man walk out on his own two feet and rest. I part of me wishes that when Cena gone, people will start begging for him to come back because everything else sucks.

A selfish vindictive part of me that is.

Edited by AkaneKitty, Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:52 PM.

Zemiar

Zemiar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 4:54 PM

The PPV was alright. I was glad to see Cena win as I don't like Lesnar. The possibility of HHH being on Raw is good news. Is it sad that the only reason why I look forward for Brodus Clay, is so I can see Naomi and Cameron dance?

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 6:59 PM

Brodus Clay is now on my hate list- along with Horny, Santino, and Great Snore Kali. (I spelled his name like that on purpose.) Ryback is getting there because he looks like the lovechild of Goldberg and RVD, with those tights and that bald head. I would only consider liking him if he didn't squash small dorks and if he did the long entrance. I heard that Goldie may come back. I would only like this if he got fed to Brock, UFC style. And then Jericho for revenge. I need Jericho beating the crap out of him and then a super clean Jericho pin for all the WCW stuff. And revenge for what Goldie said about Eddie G and He Who Shall Not Be Named By WWE.

I loved Yes! Yes! Yes! Man. Sheamus looked beaten and worn out. Daniel Bryan wrestled circles around him. Politics are a bitch. So HHH is on Raw tonight? I guess it's going to be a super long boring Hunter talks to Hunter promo and plenty of Hoyay! I hope it's just a draft. I want Brock to come out UFC style and shut him up. I'm over Hunter talking to Hunter for the first hour of Raw.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 7:07 PM

Hopefully Hunter's promos won't last 20 minutes.

No Goldberg please! Though I miss his entrance.

I hope Layla coming back revitalizes the Diva division, but I doubt it.

Blixx

Blixx

Video Archivist

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 8:58 PM

Still no Kharma eh?

Zemiar

Zemiar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Apr 30, 2012 @ 10:38 PM

Yes Cena, you're here. You're always here. I'd always show up for work if I was getting a John Cena paycheck. Raw needs more Triple H.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 8:45 AM

So Cena is finally taking some time off to heal? Thank goodness, that man has needed it for awhile and I'm glad he is finally doing it before something serious happened. You can never doubt his dedication, as he's been working hurt for months now.

Smarky crowds are starting to annoy me. Yes, heels can be more interesting than faces, but enough is enough. Do the heels a favor and boo them if you like their work. I know turns need to come about too and you can cheet who you want, but still.

I made this comment on a fairly smarky board recently and got absolutely chewed out. Maybe one of the 20 posters wasn't mad at me just for suggesting that they boo the people they like and cheer the "worthless faces". They don't care if the guy is trying to get boos or if that might help them, as far as they are concerned it is the WWE and the faces fault that they are forced to cheer for superior heels. They just don't get it. A lot of them talked about how heat and boos don't matter anymore and all that matters is that the person is getting a reaction (they were not happy when I brought up the fact that it would mean Cena is by far the best in the company since everyone reacts to him). They essentially see everyone as tweeners and ignore any attempts to make them otherwise. So yeah, its not going to happen.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 12:04 PM

The real problem is when the smarky crowds force a face turn, and then when the guy turns, they turn on him!. Or in Ryder's case, they turn on him as soon as he stops being a case to rally behind.

Is it any wonder that Vince absolutely refuses to turn people sometimes unless they get like Rock/Austin back in the day? They only cheer for heels because they're heels. Not because they doing anything special (usually).

Like I said, if they were smart, they'd boo heels they like(Ziggs), be quiet for faces they don't like(Cena), and cheer for faces they do like (Punk).

Raw thought:

Raw was a clusterfuck. Maybe they wanted to take it easy.

-Why did Triple H keep repeating himself to Brock/Laryngitis? Was he trying to get to the 20 minute promo mark?
-Nice to see HHH's workout pal Sheamus turn up at his bedside. I didn't know he was a doctor, too.
-Clay sans Horny was cool. Please put clay into a proper feud.
-Ziggles and Ryder on Superstars. Really? Can't Ryder go after Kane now?
-I liked Teddy smiling.
-Kofi with the tag title? Again? Why can't he be elevated to the main event or near it?
-Who thought Kane vs. Khali would be good idea? Though I have to admit I like Khali's music.
-So it's Mr. Yes! Yes! Yes! Man vs. Mr. Pipe Bomb. Nice.
-So is Cena taking time off or not? Or is he taking time off after taking Mr. Laryngitis? I didn't get it.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted May 1, 2012 @ 2:17 PM

Lesnar really is making the WWE 2 Legit 2 Quit. Breaking Hunter's arm in response to a Hunter promo? That's one of the most accurate responses I've seen in a long time. It's up there with the Undertaker's "Shut up!" But Lesnar did something! He broke his arm! (I don't know if he's storyline broken or for real broken, either way, we will be hearing about it for a long time to come and hopefully Lesnar can just bash him in his massive forehead with his own massive elbows. We all win!) I've enjoyed sarcastic comebacks and eyerolling, but for years and years Hunter has been boring the hell out of me. It was strangely nice to see him get his ass handed to him. I guess you really don't take away a man's private jet and limo and have an arm to wave at it. No one messes with the Bouncey Bounce and gets away with it. I see that Sheamus is earning his keep as Hunter's new "buddy." I think Orton has been replaced. Even though you are a raging douchemuffin, you still were prettier than Sheamus in your days of being Hunter's special friend. And more talented. And you didn't look like you were going to keel over in a wrestling match. Did no one notice that at all? I can't be the only one.

So now Kofi and R Truth are the tag champs? I guess it's better than a couple of Why is Tag Champs? Someone please get Kofi a personality and fast so he can move up the card and be the superstar that we all know he is. And for the love of cheese and crackers, let Miz win something big. I'm so desperate and sad that I want to get him a box of push pops. It might work.....no?

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 11:41 AM

So...no comments on Raw? I'll post a few.

-I'm really tired of Laryngitis. Can't we have GMs that were assholes to everyone, heel and face alike?

-Notice that Eve's heat was killed off. Nice, WWE. She should have went with Ziggles or something and propelled them to the main event. I sort of like what she's doing with Laryngitis, but I think Ortunga should be doing that. And is she picking on the Big Show? Wouldn't it have made sense to keep picking on Ryder?

-And now Ryder is back to Superstars. Remember kiddies, you'll only get far unless Vince wants you to. Don't ever try to take initiative.Sigh

-Why is Washington making a stable of jobbers? Is it the JOB squad 2.0? I don't care about Primo or Epico (sadly), and I sure don't care about Rosa, who seems to avoid getting released every year.

-Oh look, Fake Batista AKA Mason Ryan, joins JOB Squad 2.0. Yay!

-I'm tired of inconsistent booking. You give Kofi a tag title, but then you have him loose the next weak. I know Ziggles needed a win, but jeez. Why not have Truth take the pin?

-Is Kofi every going to break out of the mid card? Why is it that he's always used as a stepping stone? They could at least give him a main event run as thanks for not fucking up.

-And why is Del Rio's bland ass still in the main event? Guess Vince really likes him, because hw eould be in Ryder's place right now. Some one elsewhere said that Del Rion only loses to other main event wrestlers, and they're right. I'd rather have Ziggler or Kofi in his place right now. Especially Kofi.

-People always talk about Cena being crammed down people's b throats, but look at how Orton's back in the title picture?

-Clay and Miz. At least Clay's having longer matches. But he needs a feud. Miz, sweet Miz....You need to turn face. I did like the Mike Tyson's punch out line. And I like the focus on Cameron and Naomi.

-Heyman's back! Can we get the whistle? I'll take his return over all others.

-Sorry, I can't Prince Albert AKA Lord Tensai seriously. I'd rather see Yoshi Tatsu's dark side gimmick. And at least Yoshi's truly Japanese.

Magical Fish

Magical Fish

Channel Surfer

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 1:28 PM

Well, I happen to like Laurinaitis and Del Rio. Though I admit I preferred when Big Johnny just refused to get ruffled by anyone, because he was in charge and he knew it. As for Del Rio, I don't think he's bland at all. I think he's great at playing the millionaire character that everyone can hate (it's all about the "I don't give a fuck" smile).

As for Eve, I'm personally glad she's not getting heat for being a "hoe-ski" anymore. I'd much rather she be a frowny, disapproving evil executive (I do really miss Otunga, though. I think he had a much better dynamic with Laurinaitis).

I'm looking forward to the Sheamus/Orton/Del Rio/Jericho match and the Punk/Bryan match at the next PPV.

I could not possibly care less about Lesnar, or even Cena.

No one has really mentioned this, but I'm glad Layla's back. Fingers crossed for good things to come.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 3:46 PM

I think Layla is doing more for the Diva's division than Beth Phoenix did the whole time she had the title. I don't what that says about anyone, but at least she makes the most out of the short matches she's given. I can actually see a diversified move set, and I'm happy to see her back. I just was never sure of what Beth Phoenix wanted to be, and I'm not sure she wanted to either. Was she the Divas of Doom, a super heroine clique? Or was she a one woman wrecking crew? I also don't think she has the charisma to carry the division, nor does she look different enough. She just looks like the Giant Blonde in a sea of blondes. I'd rather see the brunette with the good move set and talent and English accent go about it. But it is funny to see Kelly 2 smiling out to the ring with Layla, while Beth Phoenix sneers. All I think of is Laycool's "Smelly Kelly" promos. Also, side note- did Kelly2 get a boob job? Her cup seem to runneth over in a scary way. (This was pointed out to me by my boyfriend during her entire entrance, which by the way Layla must be getting pushed since she got her own entrance and not had to share Kelly2's)

Jericho pinned Sheamus last night. That was awesome. That was how the Rumble should have ended. I will never not think that ever. Especially since D Bry owned Sheamus at Extreme Rules. I also want to add that I still do not like Orton even after watching his WWE propaganda DVD on netflix, but I did love the RKO after the messed up broge kick. I still love Del Rio. Like someone said above, it's his "I don't give a fuck" smile and the cars and the random busting out into Spanish that does it for me. I think he has the ability to make it big, but for some reason people just aren't seeing his awesomeness yet. It sometimes takes a while. Not every wrestler makes it big right away. CM Punk didn't catch on right away, neither did Jericho, nor did Cena. And they're pretty big now.

Brodus Clay is really starting to piss me off. Between the annoying time wasting Wrestlemania moment that took time away from the Sheamus/D Bry match- I mean really, 18 sec? And there was time for that bullshit? And jobbing out Ziggles? And Drew McEntryre? Now last night we get a PSA about calling out mothers for Mother's Day AND he jobs the Miz out? Well, fuck you Fuck Off A Sauras, I don't speak to my mother- haven't in years- and the Miz is more talented and charismatic than you will ever be. He doesn't hide behind two more talented women and oppress them into hiding their athleticism, nor is he a lame gimmick. Go be a bodyguard somewhere. So done with him. Who will he job out next? Kofi? Then we riot! Also, Lord Tensai, you couldn't get Trish Stratus to get you over, what the hell makes you think some face tattoos and Tajiri's old gimmick will do it?

Totally loved Heyman coming back. Can he please be permanent? I was so afraid that Sable was going to be back. Her past returns have traumatized me.

In conclusion, next week we have the Bionic HHH. The best part about his iron arm is that I saw pics of him hanging with Justin Beiber online. The Game is so tough now. I guess since neither Lesnar nor Taker will be there to shut him up, then we can expect him to speak forever and ever to himself about his injury and his arm and butterflies and ponies and kittens.

Myndela

Myndela

Fanatic

Posted May 8, 2012 @ 6:34 PM

I see flashes of ADR's awesomeness, too. Like I've said before, seeing him live in Toledo, saying that Toledoans were the most declasse, uncouth people he's ever encountered and then ripping a kid's sign in half was just awesome to behold. I was like, yes! Please, talk more shit about my hometown! Everything you say is true! While people were chanting "Mexico sucks" in response, me and the wife were chanting "Toledo sucks." But yeah, he had a certain charisma about him that I just really liked. I did love when Edge told him that all of his classic cars were rentals and he ended up smashing one of them in with a crowbar or something.

Magical Fish

Magical Fish

Channel Surfer

Posted May 9, 2012 @ 1:25 PM

I think Layla is doing more for the Diva's division than Beth Phoenix did the whole time she had the title.

I think it's a little early to be giving her accolades like that. Layla really hasn't done anything yet, except win the title. Everyone has their own preferences, of course, but I think it's unfair to blame Beth for her poor storylines or the woes of the division in general. She doesn't book her matches or write her material. I think by far the best recent use of her was a couple of years ago when she got involved in the Mickie James/LayCool feud, as a gray presence in it for herself, but not necessarily Good or Bad. And if her matches have been lacklustre lately, I don't blame her for phoning it in a little. She's just going to get pinned via roll-up or win via Glamslam, and either way it'll take about two minutes or less. I'm hoping a feud with Layla, who is a relatively fresh face since we haven't seen her in a while, and is also good on the mic and doesn't need to be carried much in the ring, can add some ooomph to Diva matches.