The WWE: Y’all Know It Belongs Here

• Please log in to reply

11379 replies to this topic

Jordan44

Jordan44

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:15 AM

The point is John Cena does have other options. And I certainly don't get where Rock is so much of a greater actor than Cena.

I liked the Rock in The Scorpion King, but I also liked Cena in The Marine.

Cena has said he loves wrestling and I doubt he would leave it right now no matter what, but perhaps after a few more years, maybe just like the Rock, he may be able to make a lot more money acting in the movies with a whole let less pain and injury rather than acting in the ring.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 12:35 AM

I think what it all boils down to is that Wrestlemania is these guys biggest payday. The way they get paid is basically a part of who buys tickets and who orders the PPV. Of course hearing the Rock will probably make more people order it, so the Rock gets more money than say a guy like Zack Ryder. Sadly, they do not all get equal pay. Refer this to Chris Jericho's book Undisputed where though he was in the title match, he did not get equal pay to HHH, who got way more pay than he did. He had to demand equal pay from Vince. And yes, Vince gave it to him. JR did not want to.

So anyway, you're thinking, yay the Rock is on the PPV so that gets the guys more money, right? Well what if for some odd reason people just don't buy it. Who gets punished? Who gets blamed? Survivor Series was mainevented by one Mr Dwayne the Rock Johnson and a Mr John Q Cena. Didn't do so well. Who got blamed? Not the entire losing tag team of Miz and R Truth. Just the Miz. Say what you want about the Miz, I know I stand alone in my Miz love. Its cool, but why blame one wrestler for an entire PPV that wasn't built around him that he didn't headline? Miz/Truth were buried for another Rock/Cena love fest that became mostly a Rock love fest. And Miz got blamed for the PPV not making a lot of money? Actually, I'd blame it on the fact that they were coming off of ruining the CM Punk momentum and dropping K Nash bombs and long HHH soliloquies that no one likes. Everything but Punk, Miz, and Kofi was stale at that time. Cody Rhodes was starting to get tad interesting. The product was a halt. The one good booker was locked in Kane's boiler room. My point on this is that if for some reason Rock/Cena does not bring in the numbers that WWE wants it is not Rock/Cena that will pay the price. It is everyone else on the card. Well, except for HHH/Baldertaker.

Also, I see no wrestlers becoming actors. I do, however, see Jericho having his own late night talk show. Its a shame if he doesn't get one. Kind of like a snarky, daily show kind of thing. I want to be Jeritrolled long after his wrestling career is over. That man is too pretty and too charismatic to not be on tv forever.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:32 AM

The Marine was a painfully simple role for Cena to play, and it only had like a dozen lines. Not exactly a test of someone's acting ability.

I agree that Miz should not be getting so much blame for Survivor Series, that's just dumb. Not to mention that Survivor Series actually made a good bit more than last year, but The Rock's giant appearance fee made it much less profitable than last years. Which makes it pretty clear the blame should be on The Rock for not bringing in enough new revenue to justify his paycheck.

Zemiar

Zemiar

Loyal Viewer

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 5:59 PM

Cena started it?!?! The Rock is the one who said he had a problem with Cena.

Yes, Cena started it. Cena was the one who called out the Rock in an interview and, he was the one who wanted the Rock to come back and wrestle him. The Rock had no problem with Cena until he found out that Cena had a problem with him. The Rock's first promo was a response to Cena's call out.

wingster55

wingster55

Fanatic

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 7:18 PM

Refer this to Chris Jericho's book Undisputed where though he was in the title match, he did not get equal pay to HHH, who got way more pay than he did. He had to demand equal pay from Vince.

He didn't demand equal pay. Jericho simply demanded more, not liking that HHH got 5x more than he did.

For Survivor Series the blame goes on the booking for not making Miz and R-Truth seem like threats...Cena owned them both every week..why would the audience buy that they would win?

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 24, 2012 @ 9:30 PM

Eve's response to Zack Ryder.

"He can't even change a tire!" ROFL.

I hope WWE doesn't screw this up. Storyline needs to add Kane into it already.

Jordan44

Jordan44

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 25, 2012 @ 5:52 PM

The Marine was a painfully simple role for Cena to play, and it only had like a dozen lines. Not exactly a test of someone's acting ability.

It was an action movie. It's not supposed to have a lot of lines. And John filled the role of action star quite well just like Rock did in the Scorpion King. And Stallone, Arnold, Norris, and Seagal have done quite in the genre. No one's giving them Oscars either.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 5:59 AM

What if Eve hooks up with The Miz and teaches him how to not botch moves? lol Just kidding but If Eve and Ryders storyline is not over I hope to see Eve hook up with either Miz (They can even talk trash about teaming up with R-Truth the loon.) or Ziggles. I agree with others that Del Rio and Vickie would be amazing together. Vickie stealing Rodriges' job and giving Del Rio heat would work for me. Vickie for what ever reason gets amazing heat from the crowd including myself. I wonder if Stephanie gave her pointers. Or maybe her and Eddie discuss her job oppertunities. She's such a good heal and even though Swaggers a bust I think with ADR she can push him over with the crowd as a top heel.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:12 PM

I just want Armando Alejandro Estrada to come back and feud with team Vicki. Just for the battle between "Excuse me!" and "Escucha me!"

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:37 PM

The point is John Cena does have other options. And I certainly don't get where Rock is so much of a greater actor than Cena.

Considering that The Rock's movies have made money, while Cena's haven't, I don't think that Cena has a lot of options. But, I do think that The Rock wanted to get out of wrestling, and become a full time actor, where as for Cena, his passion is wrestling. I'm sure that he wants to do some acting on the side, but he doesn't want to make it a career. At least not right now.

Arnold only had a few lines in The Terminator, but that role made him a superstar.

Edited by Syma, Feb 26, 2012 @ 9:40 PM.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:08 AM

Yes, Cena could be the next Arnold or Kurt Russell.

ybrik

ybrik

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:34 AM

I am not really sure where to really side on the whole Cena/Rock thing. I think they both have valid points. However, in the end, this past year has not been a good buildup. Hopefully the next few weeks it really does pick up.

Of course, this has been true for all of the WWE. I am anxious to see where everything goes from here.

Checked out the ROH website and they have released 'Summer of Punk' DVD dealing with Punk's last few months with them.

Also while there I noticed pictures of Maria. I had forgotten she was now with them with her bf but man I realized I missed seeing her. I mean if I have to see a diva isn't really good wrestler I would rather it be her than Kelly. Hell, I kind of wish for Ashley instead, as well.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 2:13 PM

I miss Ashley too. I have no idea when that happened. lol

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 3:05 PM

I don't miss Ashely. She was horrid in the ring, way worse than K2. And she's the reason they got the belt of Mickie and gave it to Melina since Ashley was having that playboy spread.

I do miss Maria. I'd rather have her in K2's place now because I don't remember her botching as much. She was a limited wrestler, but she did well enough.

Any predictions for Raw?

I hope we get to Eve in someway. They also need to do something with Ryder. I hope they show something like Ryder in the hospital checking on his back (he has a herniated disc, IWC. Not broken. Doesn't anyone pay attention to the commentary anymore?) when he overhears Eve talking to Kane about their failed plan. This way it separates the Eve/Ryder story from Cena and sets up a Wrestlemania match.

Keep Swaggs away from Eve. Along with the Miz. Swaggs sucks away heat and Miz needs a face turn.

Rock promo: Please keep lady bits, feminine products, fruity pebbles, and the like out of your promo. A candy ass or two is okay, but keep the promo relevant to the situation at hand. Call out Cena for not having the belt, maybe call out Cena for kissing Ryder's girl back. Not that I want Eve involved, but say something current. This way we can get Cena to switch up and say other things too.

Hopefully Funkasaurus Clay is back. And please don't put Kofi back into the tag team scene.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 4:55 PM

And she's the reason they got the belt of Mickie and gave it to Melina since Ashley was having that playboy spread.

Could you elaborate on this? I don't follow.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 5:26 PM

At the time, they wanted Ashley to win the Women's title at Wrestlemania since she was getting all the press about her Playboy shoot. Problem was that Mickie had the belt, and they couldn't do face vs.face. This lead to Melina winning the belt off Mickie at Raw.

Of course, they changed their minds and Melina ended up retaining at WM. This also highlights how shabbily they treated Mickie despite her title reigns. It more like she was treated as a placeholder or as an emergency break glass type whenever the WWE's pet project had a problem (Ashley, Candence, etc). This is why I don't want Eve to be treated this way.

Any one watching Ring Ka King? Gimmicks galore! I rather like it, and the sets are pretty cool.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 9:40 PM

Thats what I feel they do with Eve as well. Natty gets fart gimmicks and Tamina barely does anything. I don't want them to do that to the good female wrestlers and allow the liles of KČ to win titles with Beth Pheanix basically carrying their matches.

Syma

Syma

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 10:53 PM

I am not really sure where to really side on the whole Cena/Rock thing. I think they both have valid points. However, in the end, this past year has not been a good buildup. Hopefully the next few weeks it really does pick up.

Of course, this has been true for all of the WWE. I am anxious to see where everything goes from here.

I was thinking the same thing during the CM Punk/Jericho promo. I'm sure that they will have a nice match, but I would prefer some matches that have longer and actual buildup. The WWE's way of introducing a feud, or advancing an angle is to have people come to the ring and talk for twenty minutes straight. That's really not the best way to get people to care about what is going to happen.

At least Cena and Rock spoke face to face. Having them fail to do that is really stupid. But they messed up by not having them fight. That was lame.

Edited by Syma, Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:20 PM.

AkaneKitty

AkaneKitty

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 27, 2012 @ 11:27 PM

Don't have time to go indepth, but I had to say this:

They better not waste Eve's heel turn on fucking Kelly Kelly!

Seriously, where was this woman when Eve was getting stalked by Kane? And now she doesn't like her actions? Bitch please!

No to K2 being Ryder's partner. K2 sucks, her acting is horrible, and her wrestling even worse. She might get the face pop, but that can quickly change like when people where cheering Beth to kick the crap out of her.

Use that face spot for a face that needs it. Naomi would be a good choice. I know she's with Clay but Ryder can borrow her or something. And at least she wrestle.

Why is K2 getting random wins? And why is she on tv when the champ is on Superstars? Argh!
In other news, Kane just owned the tag team division.

Magical Fish

Magical Fish

Channel Surfer

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:24 AM

I really don't think there's much danger of that. The segment seemed pretty throw-away in nature, as a way to satisfy the people who remembered that Kelly and Eve were supposedly BFF. Eve just laughing at Kelly was awesome. Everyone should react to her like that.

Punk and Jericho own my soul. That is all.

Edited by Magical Fish, Feb 28, 2012 @ 2:25 AM.

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:37 AM

Well it has been awhile since we've had one Diva wanting to hook up with another. Although it would guarantee that neither one would get booed.

Edited by jediknight, Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:39 AM.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 9:40 AM

Checked out the ROH website and they have released 'Summer of Punk' DVD dealing with Punk's last few months with them.

I am really tempted to get that DVD. It includes the final Colt Cabana/CM Punk match which is one of my all time favorites and one of the best examples of a match telling a story I have ever seen. I only knew the basics of the storyline (Punk was leaving for WWE and trying to take the title with him. Cabana was his former/current best friend. They used to be a tag team) but by the end of it I felt like I knew exactly what was going on and was completely invested in it. If they ever have a Punk go cocky heel again and need him to do a face turn they should just bring in Colt and have them do a one month feud.

Last Time Lord

Last Time Lord

Stalker

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 4:19 PM

I missed RAW due to an allergy medicine induced coma.

I wouldn't be all surprised if it ended up Zack Ryder/Kelly Vs. ? (Del Rio, maybe?)/Eve.

Mr. Belding as the special guest ref.

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:12 PM

Cody Rhodes has now moved into 16th Place all-time for longest Intercontinental Title reigns, surpassing Shawn Michaels's first reign.

This is the first time in a long time I have been cheering for someone to break Honky Tonk Man's record. Come on Cody! You can do it!

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Feb 28, 2012 @ 6:39 PM

I don't know what the point of Kane owning the tag division was, but it was beautiful. I had surgery yesterday, so I was pretty groggy still during RAW. The highlights for me were that Jericho/Punk got some face to face promo time and it was way better than the Cena/Rock stuff. Although, as much as I am over Rock's calling Cena a woman and Cena repeating himself by saying that the Rock is never there.........I laughed at the chant about Cena's camo shorts. And I did look for notes on the Rock's wrists.

If I see one more long, boring Undertaker/HHH promo for Wrestlemania, I will scream. Same thing goes for Teddy Long on Raw. I can barely stand him on Smackdown. But I really need a timer on HHH's promos. I think he's showing signs of dementia or something of the sort. He used to speak so well and now its getting to Rick Flair levels, but not as awesome.

And Eve was totally the face last night because I've wanted someone to laugh in K2's face like that for years. Pairing her with Ryder will only make him a heel and totally played out.

mjgchick

mjgchick

Fanatic

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 2:48 AM

I need Leyla to cone back. KČ will drown Zack even worse than Cena did. My only hope in Cena turning is that kiss. Why have Cena be into the kiss?

Jordan44

Jordan44

Couch Potato

Posted Feb 29, 2012 @ 3:06 PM

Cena did a great promo last week and I was expecting the Rock to knock it out of the park this week. I have to admit, by Rock's standards, that was really a lame promo. And then, Cena comes out for five minutes and blows the Rock away. Rock was stammering and, then Rock stumbled and almost fell off the turnbuckle when he was cheering to the crowd at the end.

If you missed this week's Raw, they show a condensed version late Saturday night.

Linds09

Linds09

Fanatic

Posted Mar 2, 2012 @ 6:07 PM

According to the Smackdown Spoilers.....Kane is now feuding with Orton? I have no idea what is going on now. So apparently all of that Ryder/Cena/Kane/Eve "Embrace the Hate" was for nothing?

Maniac64

Maniac64

Fanatic

Posted Mar 4, 2012 @ 8:21 PM

I'm pretty sure this is a case of "We have nothing to do with Orton at WM and Kane is pretty hot right now. Let's throw a feud and match together.

Edited by Maniac64, Mar 5, 2012 @ 9:50 AM.

RedJed

RedJed

Couch Potato

Posted Mar 6, 2012 @ 5:14 AM

Cena refusing to stop his goofy smirk and stepping all over the serious bits of Rock promo was really, *really* fucking annoying

The build up to Cena Vs. The Rock is starting to remind me of HBK Vs. Hogan. So I'm thinking Cena's pulling out the bitch card because he's jobbing to The Rock.