The WWE: Y’all Know It Belongs Here

• Please log in to reply

11365 replies to this topic

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 12:30 AM

Chavo is really working my last good nerve. Can someone please make him stop his pissing and moaning already. I would love nothing more than to throw a pair of clogs at him.

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 3:47 PM

Word. I will never understand the Chavo push. At least we got a high-profile, long Cruiserweight match, though. And Mysterio got the strap back! I was worried after they had him tapping out in front of his home crowd and family to Lesnar.

Msbrinny

Msbrinny

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 2, 2004 @ 10:17 PM

What's the deal with Dawn Marie? If she's not throwing herself at Paul Hymen, she's not around. I liked the character better when she was out there wrestling--or at least trying to.

Oh yeah, read a rumor that Shaniqua's getting on folk's nerves. Someone hid her boots just before a match.

Jujyfruit

Jujyfruit

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 3, 2004 @ 12:06 AM

What's the deal with Dawn Marie? If she's not throwing herself at Paul Hymen, she's not around. I liked the character better when she was out there wrestling--or at least trying to.

I can't believe that Dawn Marie has never been a valet in all the time she's been in WWE. In what little I saw of ECW I thought she was a great heel manager. The "assistant to the boss" role really doesn't give her much to work with. Maybe she could pair up with Jamie Noble if he abandons Nidia.

I'm thinking Kurt may be turning heel again after he took Chavo's side in the dispute with Eddie. He'll probably take Chavo under his wing and feud with Eddie. A heel turn would make sense for Kurt. He's great in that role and outside of his feud with Brock there doesn't seem to be much for him to do as a face. Also, an Eddie/Kurt storyline would be awesome, much better for Eddie than this thing with Chavo. Every week it's the same: Eddie and Chavo lose, Chavo blames Eddie even though it's not his fault, etc, etc. Move the story forward, already!

Stephers

Stephers

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 12:57 AM

Anybody else pissed that Austin just gets to come back and not explain how the @%@#%" he got there? It gets me all up in arms for some reason...

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 8:54 AM

Well, there was an explanation last week on RAW. Linda argued before the board to bring him back. Vince argued against it. The Board originally brought him back under the same restrictions as before. Austin said "uh-uh" to that, he comes back on his terms only. The Board relented. Austin came back and stunnered Bischoff. All before 11:15 pm EST.

I'm sure it will be elucidated tonight.

Amberosia

Amberosia

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 4:53 PM

My fiancee and I were discussing a little while ago how it wasn't really all that neccassary as of late to have the girls wrestle on Smackdown because there was no belt for them to wrestle for. My response was that Smackdaown should get it's own women's title, but there really aren't very many women on Smackdown, are they? Here's all I can think of:

Dawn Marie
Shaniqua
Torrie Wilson
Nidia

and I'm blanking. Are there any more?

tv eagle

tv eagle

Channel Surfer

Posted Jan 5, 2004 @ 9:36 PM

I believe you left out Sable.

Cerebro

Cerebro

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 1:47 AM

Is she really a woman anymore, though? I think she's actually just nasal-voiced plastic at this point.

I'm really not looking forward to the HBK/HHH last man standing match at RR. I found last week's match cringe-inducing. I didn't even mind the (many) botched spots, but seeing two nearly-crippled men limp around like that is scary. You can never tell what's just good selling and what's a real injury.

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:01 AM

I'm not really a big HBK fan, but he totally brings his "A game" to all PPVs. He and Jericho made the Elimination Chamber match and the whole Armagedon PPV a few months ago.

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:51 PM

Yes, it's true you can count on HBK to go 110%. That said, do I really want to see HBK as champ? When I know that if he wins he'll just give it back to ZZZ the next week or next month. I want HHH out of the title picture all together. I realize that won't happen but it's what I want.

Re: RAW last night, all I have to say is 'Trish! Be stupid! Can't you see that Jericho loooooooooooves you?' Whew, I feel better now that I got that out of my system.

Edited to try to make my post coherent as opposed to the ramblings of someone on a wee too much cough syrup. I don't think I was successful. Oh well. Back to bed. Zzzzzzzzzz...

Edited by Pulpbomb, Jan 6, 2004 @ 5:53 PM.

SideshowJed

SideshowJed

Fanatic

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:02 PM

I want HHH out of the title picture all together. I realize that won't happen but it's what I want.

You, me, damn near everyone else...

jediknight

jediknight

Stalker

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 7:54 PM

I can't believe I'm saying this but last night Triple H was entertaining. That Sheriff stuff was pretty damn funny. I never thought that the WWE would mention Deputy Dog, Barney Fife and Rosco P Coltrane with his loyal dog Flash.

I liked seeing Steven Richards kick the crap out of Test. Holefully this means his job is safe.

Austin driving around on the ATV was hilarious.

Cerebro

Cerebro

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 6, 2004 @ 9:22 PM

But Jericho doesn't love Trish! He looooooves Christian. Please tell me I'm not the only Raw watcher hopped up on HoYay!

SideshowJed

SideshowJed

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 3:20 AM

Jericho can't want 'em both?

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 6:25 AM

To me it looks more like this: Jericho wants Trish, but Christian wants Jericho. Thus there should be an upcoming Trish/Christian cat-fight.

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:14 PM

Bob, send your resume to Vince immediately, they need you as a writter on this show.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 2:31 PM

Happy news: My WB/UPN affilate completely cut out UPN out of their schedule. So if I wanted to see Smackdown, I have to turn to a completely snowy channel. My satillite company just now has all the local channels, including the UPN/WB hybrid, but no ones knows about schedule change, considering every TV Guide still has the old schedule. I'm going to call them and see what's going on.

Pulpbomb

Pulpbomb

Fanatic

Posted Jan 7, 2004 @ 7:55 PM

Hee! I think Bob is right! And you are way too good for WWE, you'd never get hired there. I mean that as a compliment.

SVNBob

SVNBob

Fanatic

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 2:45 AM

Thanks for the complements guys. I've actually wanted to be a booker for a while now. I even thought about going to a Tough Enough audition and telling the panel that I wanted to be a booker and not a wrestler. That would be one hell of an audition...

Stephers

Stephers

Just Tuned In

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 10:21 PM

Is it wrong that I almost cried when Chavo beat the holy hell out of Eddie?

:-/

Damn...why is Baldcore main eventing? With Big Slow no less?

Why is John working with D-Cup Train?

Why is Benoit doing a RR Challenge with the FBI?

*curses Vince and the writers*

Vgmastr

Vgmastr

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 8, 2004 @ 11:53 PM

WWE does list jobs on Hotjobs, they have four of them up there now, none for booker, although I've seen it posted before.

Work for WWE!

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 9, 2004 @ 2:49 PM

Is it wrong that I almost cried when Chavo beat the holy hell out of Eddie?

The WWE is sooooo desperate to get Chavo over. They finally resorted to him becoming a heel.

Damn...why is Baldcore main eventing? With Big Slow no less?

Well, Big Slow IS a legitimate Main Eventer. Why Holly ("Baldcore" - hee!) is a main eventer is beyond me. The guy is getting a title shot at the Rumble, for god's sack!

Why is John working with D-Cup Train?

I've noticed that it seems a lot of story lines involving Cena seem to dry up quickly. He had a complete storyline with 'Taker. They he had about 1/4 a storyline with Angle, 1/3 a storyline with Brock, then was contending for the US Title but didn't make the final 2, then had a 1/8 storyline with Benoit, then about a 1/4 storyline with Big Show, and now he's on to A-Strain. I wonder if the big guys don't like being in a story with him because he is kindof a heel, but is so over with the crowd they cheer him anyway, kind of like Eddie was before he went full-out face. Historically, Cena is willing to job for others (witness 'Taker, Brock, Benoit), so I don't think it is an ego thing.

MegaJ

MegaJ

Stalker

Posted Jan 10, 2004 @ 4:55 PM

I always fucking hated Hardass Holly. From when he was Sparky Plugg, to when he beat up Matt on Tough Enough. I'm not the only person, I read a live report where it was announced that Hardass would take on Brock for the Championship and the crowd GROANED. Yes, they GROANED.

I'm hearing some interesting theories that Chavo's on painkillers. It would make a lot of sense, storyline wise.

DocHopper

DocHopper

Fanatic

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 10:51 PM

Help! I'm having a memory lapse, or rather my husband is, and I figured that since TWoP'ers are smarter and remember more minutiae than anyone, I'd ask here!

Back in the WCW days, when the Guerreros were there, there was a 3rd Guerrero. Eddie and Chavo (who was a little off back then too, and rode a broomstick pony around, while weariing a little hat) and ONE OTHER ONE! Who was the other Guerrero?

Please help so I can stop thinking about this. Thanks!

Cerebro

Cerebro

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 11:34 PM

My rasslin' knowledge isn't that extensive, so I could be totally wrong about this, but are you thinking of Ultimo Guerrero?

Dai Hinoarashi

Dai Hinoarashi

Loyal Viewer

Posted Jan 19, 2004 @ 11:41 PM

The other Guerrero employed by was Hector.

BassetHound

BassetHound

Fanatic

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 3:26 PM

Am I the only one really phsyched for the Rumble? The rumble itself looks good, plus Brock/Baldcore, HHH/HBK, Mysterio/Noble and the Tag Belts all on the line. I'm thinking about shelling out the cash, and am looking for some input.

holdencaulfield2003

holdencaulfield2003

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 3:34 PM

I just heard that after his trying to get in, Spanky has unexpectedly quit the WWE.

Jujyfruit

Jujyfruit

Couch Potato

Posted Jan 20, 2004 @ 7:01 PM

Am I the only one really phsyched for the Rumble? The rumble itself looks good, plus Brock/Baldcore, HHH/HBK, Mysterio/Noble and the Tag Belts all on the line. I'm thinking about shelling out the cash, and am looking for some input.

The rumble match is always fun, and with the split roster you can never be sure who's going to win it. Chavo/Eddie could be decent, although it will no doubt be the first chapter in a long-running feud. There is a little suspense with the HHH/HBK match as Shawn is about the only guy Trips doesn't mind jobbing to. If HBK does win the belt, I'm sure HHH will get it back within a few weeks. Brock/Baldcore doesn't excite me at all, especially since Brock is somewhat injured. I expect this to be a quick match. Here's hoping the cruiserweights don't get relegated to Heat again.

I just heard that after his trying to get in, Spanky has unexpectedly quit the WWE.

Maybe his quitting had something to do with being called "Spanky."

I enjoyed this week's Raw. It had a good flow, and a lot of guys got to share the spotlight without anyone dominating the show. I guess that's what you get when Triple H and Bischoff aren't there. The only letdown was the ending of the Orton/Hurricane match. I hate the way Orton always gets beat up for several minutes and then just applies his finishing move out of nowhere. He is definitely Triple H Junior.

Smackdown has been leaving a lot of storylines hanging lately: Shannon Moore being thrown to the wolves all the time, A-Train constantly pissing off Lesnar and Co., Cena vs. Big Show. Even if a SL is bad, they should still bring it to some kind of resolution.